LioChan

LioChan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:chess, software and bikes

Hi, LioChan, mtek:

I already upgraded 10.9 from 10.8.3 using your kext zip into my R830. Very thanks for your hard work.

But now my hackintosh have one critical  probelm: WiFi not work.

When I try to use the IO80211Familly.kext from the pack in first post, it always connect fail with SID having

security password.

How can your WiFi work OOB ????

What model is your R830 ??? My R830 is i5 2450 2.5 GHz

Jordan Lin

Hi!

Sadly I cannot help here, as I don't use the default (Intel) WiFi card but bought a Atheros AR5009/AR9280 for 5$ on ebay. What card do you have?

Jordan Lin

Jordan Lin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi, LioChan, mtek:

Yes, I use native WiFi card.

That is so sadly because my R830 is almost perfect unless WiFi.

Do you have any suggestion to patch the kext ????

Or

Is it easy to swich the WiFi card like you ???

Is the AR5009/AR9280 card OK for both WiFi and Bluetooth ???

Jordan Lin 

LioChan

LioChan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Hi, LioChan, mtek:

Yes, I use native WiFi card.

That is so sadly because my R830 is almost perfect unless WiFi.

Do you have any suggestion to patch the kext ????

Or

Is it easy to swich the WiFi card like you ???

Is the AR5009/AR9280 card OK for both WiFi and Bluetooth ???

Jordan Lin 

Changing the WiFi card is not to hard, you jut have to unscrew a lot of screws. The card I use does not contain Bluetooth (I haven't used Bluetooth twice in the last ten years, although I have a small dongle (even recognized by OSX), I have no device I would like to use it with). You can get a card with Bluetooth for 10-15$.

Maybe you can also find the the correct kext for your card and then there is no need to change. 

Jordan Lin

Jordan Lin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi, LioChan:

I already finished the native WiFi is working using only toledaARPT.kext from other websit.

Right now I wanna to correct the minor problems:

(1) The sleeping is fine on 10.9 but after sleeping the audio is not working.

(2) After sleeping the brightness is higher than before sleeping.

(3) USB3 and SD card reader are not working

How about your R830 ????

LioChan

LioChan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Right now I wanna to correct the minor problems:

(1) The sleeping is fine on 10.9 but after sleeping the audio is not working.

(2) After sleeping the brightness is higher than before sleeping.

(3) USB3 and SD card reader are not working

How about your R830 ????

Hi!

For audio after sleep you have to use an EADP enabler. I included one in my IOAudioFamily.kext for systems with speaker on node 14.

There is also CodecCommander written by Dolnor but for me it was not working alone.

For USB3 use PXHCD.kext and for SD card VooDooSDHC.kext (I use the one without DMA enabled).

I tried fixing the screen brightness after sleep, but I didn't manage it. I measured the brightness after sleep and it turned out that

those are the brightness levels that windows uses as well. The only fix I found would permanently set the higher brightness values, so I

decided not to use it.

Jordan Lin

Jordan Lin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi, LioChan:

Thanks for your opinion.

I finished some minor problems described below:

(1) For audio after sleep it works by replacing the IOAudioFamily.kext including pack from 1st post.

(2) For USB3 I use the GenericUSBXHCI 1.2.7 from some webblog. PHXCD.kext does not work for me. 

And left:

(1) SD Card still does not work by using VoodooSDHC.kext without DMA from post #21.

It can not recognize my 8GB SD and sometime the system will hang up. So I remove it.

Does it work for your USB3 by using this kext ???  

(2)  Brightness after sleep still exist but I can ignor this.

I  also upgrade to 10.9.1 and seems everything is fine. And you ???

LioChan

LioChan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Hi!

For me GenericUSBXHCI is not working as well as PHXCD (very slow).

After upgrade to 10.9.1 everything is fine.

myau

myau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Some questions to R830 OS X 10.8 users

1) How to make internal screen working in a native 1366x768 resolution? The only choise I had in screen settings after installation was 1280x720, and after copying /Extra folder from zip file my maximum resolution became even lower, 1024x768  :( I tried to use SwitchResX app, but without result

screen.png

2) In /Extra/SSDT folder I see 2 files both starting as "ssdt_i5_...", but my Satellite R830 has i3 CPU onboard. Do I need some extra stuff for it?

3)Installation of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB_108.kext causes non-working internal screen. Is it a bug or a feature?  :)  Should I install it and reboot every time when I want to plug a external screen, then uninstall before screen unplugging and reboot again?

4) May someone list all contents of a /System/Libraries/Extensions folder?

5) Built-in sound dynamics produce noise during OS booting process. How to avoid this?

cele_82

cele_82

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Sorry, that is my mistake. I forgot to take out all my debug messages I inserted to be able to tell where is the error.

I will take them out and attach the version for deployment. 

Here is the IOAudioFamily.kext without debug options:

attachicon.gifIOAudioFamily.kext-DEPLOYMENT.zip

Question... after sleep do you have the headphone output ? Because I don't... can you please check if you have the same prob ?

LioChan

LioChan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Hi!

Question... after sleep do you have the headphone output ? Because I don't... can you please check if you have the same prob ?

I have audio output on both headphones and speakers. I use the same 1.9.2 IOAudioFamily.kext as before (currently on 10.9.1 Mavericks).

cele_82

cele_82

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Hi!

I have audio output on both headphones and speakers. I use the same 1.9.2 IOAudioFamily.kext as before (currently on 10.9.1 Mavericks).

After sleep ?

Someone else on 10.8.x to confirm the after sleep, headphone output missing problem ?

LioChan

LioChan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Yes, after sleep.

After sleep ?

jinuk999

jinuk999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, guys!

I have R835-P56x, which has almost same spec as R830. Here, in Korea, we commonly use Windows XP or 7. It's like default OS for every computer. I thought only some people who have to use final cut pro or some proffessional making music programs use OS X. Because Mac always has been expensive... 

Last week, I bought iPhone 5s, and I heard about "Hackin" system while searching the way how to use iPhone 5s well. And I realized...how awesome it is! It's 8:40AM in Korea, but I've been reading all the posts you guys wrote through whole night with fun. Thank you very much for these valuable information. From 2012, It has been 2yrs. I like my laptop. It shows good performance and it was cheap :) And I'll like more this machine because of this thread. I get a new toy. lol 

I'm korean, so I'm not good at English, that I don't know what I'm saying now...I'm also worried that I made mistakes to write any words or sentences. But I want to tell you guys thank you. It's very helpful for me to start to HACKIN.

jinuk999

cele_82

cele_82

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

I'm going to sell my R830, anyone in UK interested ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy