Anyone mobile Kepler 6xxM working?

gothic860

232 posts in this topic

hi areos have tested u dsdt but have KP

NB:this dsdt have 520 ko mine have 68 ??????

am i wrong

hi areos have tested u dsdt but have KP

NB:this dsdt have 520 ko mine have 68 ??????

am i wrong

This DSDT is in dsl format not aml open with maciasl or any DSDT editor and compile it this will generate the DSDT.aml and install it.

Good luck

complied and installed and KP???

i have KP its like that the probleme is in CPU

in dpcimanger i have seen all ports (2 - 3 - 4 ) but have not seen port 01

testerday have tested the hdmi screen the laptop is black and the hdmi screen is on but have the same issue

and if i boot nvda_drv=1 -x get the desktop with out acceleration

have changed the efi string to get the port1 but blackscreen

an other think: the NVCAP in DSDT seems to be cosmetique (tried all combinaison same result even whene i write 0x06.0x05.0x04.0x0k)it is shown in ioreg as i write it

like the other information in DSDT it do nothink

the efi string is better coz whene i chang somethink i have diferente result

sorry for my english

complied and installed and KP???

i have KP its like that the probleme is in CPU

in dpcimanger i have seen all ports (2 - 3 - 4 ) but have not seen port 01

testerday have tested the hdmi screen the laptop is black and the hdmi screen is on but have the same issue

and if i boot nvda_drv=1 -x get the desktop with out acceleration

have changed the efi string to get the port1 but blackscreen

an other think: the NVCAP in DSDT seems to be cosmetique (tried all combinaison same result even whene i write 0x06.0x05.0x04.0x0k)it is shown in ioreg as i write it

like the other information in DSDT it do nothink

the efi string is better coz whene i chang somethink i have diferente result

sorry for my english

Please test the DSDT without any modified kext, and without any EFI String, so we can find what differences does this DSDT. What about your kernel panic, can you please take a picture and share it?

Good luck

with the dsdt i have KP like in pics

the think is to allow the os to get acceleration

i have a message that is not shown in pics but when i get desktop " Geforcesensor:steel waiting for Accelerator to start.....

i don't know if it helps?

this laptop is really hard to resolve but have passed a situation like this with the N76VZ but finally solved

hop same think here!!!!!

Hi, sorry for the delay, I don´t have answer to solve this issue, the only thing I got are just theories, remember I don´t have your hardware.

Actually I´m investigating on the DSDT+SSD theory, I need more time... (I´m reading all the ACPI Spec).

@beton3009

I take a look inside your IOReg but the NVDAResman and GK100Hal kext aren´t attached to your hardware, you got the desktop because the IONDRV driver is loaded as generic frame buffer. Run "kextstat" to find if the NVDA kext are loaded.

I leave here a DSDT without GFX to test if someone is brave enough, without any GFX info the kext will try to find and read the VBIOS by itself, but your VBIOS is inside main Bios (I think it will find it, the G75 with fermi card can read it). Try it using Nvidia Web drivers first.

Good Luck to all

I remove GFX from my G55VW's DSDT and the problem is still.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a G75VX with a working (well, not accelerated) Mavericks install. I can do some testing as well when you get further in your research. 

I also have access to a G750, but my spouse gets cranky when I co-opt it for long periods. She's hoping that I don't need to snag to get a speedy Mavericks install, well that and I love the ergonomics on my G75. 

Hi guys! Wont to share my experience!

I have a Clevo laptop with a Quadro k4000m (see my sig) it's basicaly a gtx 675mx (kepler 104 chip). After some tikering I've managed to have full acceleration on it! I lost about 3 weeks, but the solution was quite simple:

-install Nvidia web drivers and boot with nvda_drv=1 flag! My smbios is from iMac13.2. All components work fine.

Don't know yet why the freqs of my quadro are always at max values, maybe it's vbios, maybe agpm.kext kick it always high...don't know, searching for solution cause the fan is at his max too and it's annoying!

Hi guys! Wont to share my experience!

I have a Clevo laptop with a Quadro k4000m (see my sig) it's basicaly a gtx 675mx (kepler 104 chip). After some tikering I've managed to have full acceleration on it! I lost about 3 weeks, but the solution was quite simple:

-install Nvidia web drivers and boot with nvda_drv=1 flag! My smbios is from iMac13.2. All components work fine.

Don't know yet why the freqs of my quadro are always at max values, maybe it's vbios, maybe agpm.kext kick it always high...don't know, searching for solution cause the fan is at his max too and it's annoying!

Tried, the problem is still there.

cose of optimus in u laptop the gt 650m will never work

don't loose time with it i tried several months with out result :P

Well...actually I disabled Optimus!! via BIOS!!

And it DOES work!! :D

The card has been recognized and fully working with QE/CI.

The only thing is missing is the monitor recognition, just like other guys in this thread!

So I have to use a VNC monitor.

I'd need someone more expert than me to help me out.

I need this solution because I have to use an external monitor on my laptop and VGA doesn't work anymore on Mav. :/

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, strange! I have no problem with my quadro and internal/external (hdmi) lcds!!!

Are we shure that nvda_drv=1 flag does not work? Are you shure you have prperly installed nvidia web drivers?

Initialy I too have troubles to make it work, in my (stupid) case the trick was installing web drivers from another mac and only after try with the flag, cause web drivers install another Nvdastartup.kext!

Hmmm, strange! I have no problem with my quadro and internal/external (hdmi) lcds!!!

Are we shure that nvda_drv=1 flag does not work? Are you shure you have prperly installed nvidia web drivers?

Initialy I too have troubles to make it work, in my (stupid) case the trick was installing web drivers from another mac and only after try with the flag, cause web drivers install another Nvdastartup.kext!

I tried with web drivers too...

But the problem is my monitor is not being detected.

Do you have GT 650M working on your notebook?

Could you share your VBIOS?

Thank you!

I wanted to chime in on this thread and hopefully get some ideas/help.

I have a Dell Precision M4800, which has a Quadro K2100M.  It works great in OS X, if I use either the 10.9.1 nvidia drivers, or the nvidia web drivers.  I am using 10.9.3 as the OS.

There is a very strange issue I am encountering, though, with the nvidia card.  The computer will sleep fine, but will only wake up if it is plugged in to an AC outlet.  If I try to wake it up on battery, I get a non-backlit black screen with a bunch of hard disk activity, and will need to reboot.

I thought initially this was a DSDT issue, but I've combed through everything in the DSDT I possibly could, and can't find the culprit.  Of those of you who have working mobile kepler cards, are any of you able to resume from sleep when on battery without issue?  Is it only the model I have?  Has a solution been found?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Hi, sorry for the delay, I don´t have answer to solve this issue, the only thing I got are just theories, remember I don´t have your hardware.

Actually I´m investigating on the DSDT+SSD theory, I need more time... (I´m reading all the ACPI Spec).

@beton3009

I take a look inside your IOReg but the NVDAResman and GK100Hal kext aren´t attached to your hardware, you got the desktop because the IONDRV driver is loaded as generic frame buffer. Run "kextstat" to find if the NVDA kext are loaded.

I leave here a DSDT without GFX to test if someone is brave enough, without any GFX info the kext will try to find and read the VBIOS by itself, but your VBIOS is inside main Bios (I think it will find it, the G75 with fermi card can read it). Try it using Nvidia Web drivers first.

Good Luck to all

Hopefully AREOS reads this post or someone can get a hold of him, reading through this whole thread I I wanted to try some of the theories layed out here.

I have a lenovo Y510p laptop Sli with Dual 755m Nvidia cards(One sits in an ultrabay slot), I was facing the same issues as most of you, I kept getting the lmessage that the Nvidia drivers were loaded but the system wouldn't load the GUI.

So I set VNC screen sharing and tried to logon to the system using my cellphone. And to my surprise the system recognize the ultrabay card as Nvidia 755m 2GB card but it didn't recognize the non removable 755m card that is attached to the display hence no GUI.

I ran kextstat and the NVidia kexts are loaded.

I think the non removable card has the same problem as the rest of you that is its not being properly recognize by osx.

My thinking is maybe we can inject the data from the ultrabay 755m card into the non removable card and see if osx loads the drivers for it, maybe even disable the ultrabay card through dsdt.

I saved the ioreg through vnc for when the ultrabay card is recognize, can anyone get a hold of AEROS or someone that can help us inject that data. I'll post the ioregs as soon as I get home (about 5hrs).

Let's get this Nvidia cards working.

Hopefully AREOS reads this post or someone can get a hold of him, reading through this whole thread I I wanted to try some of the theories layed out here.

I have a lenovo Y510p laptop Sli with Dual 755m Nvidia cards(One sits in an ultrabay slot), I was facing the same issues as most of you, I kept getting the lmessage that the Nvidia drivers were loaded but the system wouldn't load the GUI.

So I set VNC screen sharing and tried to logon to the system using my cellphone. And to my surprise the system recognize the ultrabay card as Nvidia 755m 2GB card but it didn't recognize the non removable 755m card that is attached to the display hence no GUI.

I ran kextstat and the NVidia kexts are loaded.

I think the non removable card has the same problem as the rest of you that is its not being properly recognize by osx.

My thinking is maybe we can inject the data from the ultrabay 755m card into the non removable card and see if osx loads the drivers for it, maybe even disable the ultrabay card through dsdt.

I saved the ioreg through vnc for when the ultrabay card is recognize, can anyone get a hold of AEROS or someone that can help us inject that data. I'll post the ioregs as soon as I get home (about 5hrs).

Let's get this Nvidia cards working.

Unfortunately this issue appears to be very common to the kepler mobile card.

The weird fact is that any other operating system works great and so there must be a problem with OSX drivers.

But since nVidia driver are closed source, the only hope we have is to modify our hardware recognition to OSX.

I wish someone very expert could help us out, because we are so close to the solution!!

The cards are being recognized!!

It's just that it can't take information on the connectors and can't see the attached monitor!

It's such a shame!

please somebody help us!

I would be even willing to donate for this!

Yup we need to figure this out, but from what I read (I might be wrong) AREOS wanted a system where the card was not only recognize but the NVidia drivers loaded, that is NVDAResman.next, NVDAstartup.kext and NVDAHal... Etc

So that we can use that info to try to inject different parameter and see if the system responds.

No?

Yup we need to figure this out, but from what I read (I might be wrong) AREOS wanted a system where the card was not only recognize but the NVidia drivers loaded, that is NVDAResman.next, NVDAstartup.kext and NVDAHal... Etc

So that we can use that info to try to inject different parameter and see if the system responds.

No?

mm...I guess that's not the point!

At least for me, my card is recognized and the kexts are all loaded. I even have QE/CI!!! :D

The only problem is that OSX does not detect my monitor and so I have no signal on that (stuck in verbose actually).

In fact, when I use the VNC monitor, OSX tells me that no monitors are attached! That's the only problem!

Maybe OSX takes information about the connectors upon the VBIOS and our BIOSes are maybe different from working others!

At least that's my supposition!! :D

Please Aeros help us out!!