• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

Lukasz

Lukasz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Any news enabling 660M in 10.8.5 on hackintosh Asus G75VW?

Please?

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

If your lappy is Optimus enabled, then it is for now not possible.

Have fun.

Zackptg5

Zackptg5

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

OK

Until last week I've got following possibilities of kepler stuck:

- GPU difference with desktop versions
- BIOS difference
- VBIOS difference
- DRIVERS

What I've figured out on last week

Desktop card + OSX = Working

Mobile MXM card + OSX = Working - on Alienware and Clevo laptops Mobile keplers forks fine and in system BIOS there is no sing of GPU vbios. So card on mobile GPU is independent as desktop solution

Mobile integrated card + OSX = Not Working

0_ade53_b4ebc4f8_XL.png

So we've got some differences in vbios and drivers. Our vbioses integrated as module of main laptop BIOS rom but in MacBooks it also integrated into main rom... and in macbooks it's working!

ALSO in attachment vbioses from mobile MXM GTX680 (GK104) and GTX660M (GK107) from Dell/Alienware and Clevo laptops

attachicon.gifMXM-vbios-keplers.zip

I'm going to be trying mavericks with my asus g75vx soon but the only real difference graphics wise between it and ML is that mavericks has quadro support, nothing new for mobile keplers or fermis. This post explains why it's not working for asus and lenovo laptops.

I think that maybe if we could make a dsdt with all of the 670mx or whatever graphics card you have inserted into it, along with kext edits to the nvidia kexts if needed, it might work.

Also, flashing a dell bios on an asus (especially the ROG series) will likely not work as the graphics cards are custom. So a 660m from an alienware is slightly different from a 660m in a asus g75vw.

So perhaps a dsdt edit with the graphics card info injected into it would do the trick since the problem isn't hardware as proven by the 670m working in g75vw's.

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I agree, but issues with this Asus graphics card are more than one. Begining with the G75VX being a 120hz display capable, connection with the screen must be made through display port or DVI dual link. If you look the side of the notebook where display connections are, you will see (apparently) 2 display outputs: HDMI and VGA. I use to think that GTX 670mx has 3 display outputs. So I thought the connection with the screen MUST to be through that internal displayport (or maybe internal DVI dual link) wich you can´t see from outside. So, since MACs doesn´t have 120 hz displays, one of the problem to fix is to tell chameleon to use that port only. But then I read somewhere that some GTX 670mx has 4 display outputs. So, knowing this we need to figure it out how to manage this info. I assume the internal display is connected with the graphics card through DP or DVI duallink because there´s no other way to output 120hz at 1080p (with the exception of HDMI 1.4b) But this notebook is HDMI 1.4a , not 1.4b Maybe, our matter is easier to fix than people having 60hz screens and Asus Kepler card, cause we know what ports to use, or at list theoretical.

IDDPioneer

IDDPioneer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Hey guys, I discovered some things here in my Compal QAL-51:

I saved my BIOS in the HD and disassembled the modules of the EFI, and then I discovered 401 files.

I discovered that 8 of them are video bios, and I attached them to this post.

perhaps this is the custom manufacturers of motherboards for notebooks: put multiple video bios along with the main bios notebook so they can weld various different chips on the motherboard

I am thinking that this is what is making our hackintoshes to freeze when loading the NVDARESMAN.KEXT

I am thinking in remove all the video bios leaving just one for the HD 4000 (because there are about three of them, and because every i3,i5,i7 has a VGA inside) and one for the nvidia just like the macs.

What you think abou these modifications guys ? Someone have another idea ? Or tip ?

Any doubt check the files attached, they are all the VGA BIOS that I´ve found in my note´s BIOS.

I am thinking here, if someone can help me to get a full backup of a EFI BIOS of a mac just to compare with our bioses, did you agree with that ?

Attached Files

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Hey guys, I discovered some things here in my Compal QAL-51:
I saved my BIOS in the HD and disassembled the modules of the EFI, and then I discovered 401 files.
I discovered that 8 of them are video bios, and I attached them to this post.

perhaps this is the custom manufacturers of motherboards for notebooks: put multiple video bios along with the main bios notebook so they can weld various different chips on the motherboard

I am thinking that this is what is making our hackintoshes to freeze when loading the NVDARESMAN.KEXT

I am thinking in remove all the video bios leaving just one for the HD 4000 (because there are about three of them, and because every i3,i5,i7 has a VGA inside) and one for the nvidia just like the macs.

What you think abou these modifications guys ? Someone have another idea ? Or tip ?

Any doubt check the files attached, they are all the VGA BIOS that I´ve found in my note´s BIOS.

I am thinking here, if someone can help me to get a full backup of a EFI BIOS of a mac just to compare with our bioses, did you agree with that ?

That's just hell of a progress. Well done. That info can be very usefull for what I planning to do. I'm almost forgetting about OS itself. Now I'm working on a unique partition formatted to HFS+ and instelled chameleon on it. Untill Chameleon alone doesn't see the vram correctly without injecting it, I'm not planning to work with the OS. So, I'm working on the DSDT in that partition only. Not connecting any other disk to the notebook. Only 1 disk MBR with one partition with only chameleon on it. I'm only working with the extra folder. Will be nice to know how to manage the info you gave us to adapt it to my work. I know if I make the correct modiification to the DSDT on the extra folder, without injecting vram, chameleon will see it. Meaning the graphics card is recognized.
After that I think we nedd start working on NVDAResMan

Sorry my english above. When I'm hurry I write just bad.

IDDPioneer

IDDPioneer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Now I am finding more full EFI´s (or full bios) of Mac´s or PCs that OS X works, I need to compare the BIOS/EFI contents.

gazzacbr

gazzacbr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

any advance with getting a kepler card to fire up on the internal display port?

is there maybe some option in clover?

on my laptop there is no internal graphics connection so i dont have that problem, only the nvidia 770m.

when i boot from vga everything is working and i can disable the external monitor. including after waking from sleep.

with EDID string injected through clover all the card parameters are shown but that didnt make any difference.

it is just getting the card booted from the internal display port.

this is my thread which is for a 770m kepler. i have a 120hz display.

http://www.insanelym...0m-not-booting/

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 889 posts

the dump I have from a K4000 desktop card.

Does this card works out of the box, or it needs any gfx kext editing?

IDDPioneer

IDDPioneer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

The topic died ? 

AREOS

AREOS

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Hay, What do you think about looking at how the displays are configured? I ask because I've been trying to get a K3000m in a Dell M6700 working. I've experienced much the same as you. However I've found that the internal LCD works, and with CE/CI, but the backlight is off. I can connect using desktop sharing and see in ioreg that the card is initialized and working. I can also change resolutions. So it's getting the internal LCD's EDID okay.

However when I connect an external display on any port it hangs the graphics system(I can still SSH in).
I also read that Kepler cards for the first time support 4 displays simultaneously. This implies some changes in the way the displays are connected and defined. Could it be that different things need to be injected for this new setup? One anomaly I noticed on the M6700, all the 4 displays have a 'port-number' property set to 9. Looking at the ioreg from an nvidia retina mac. It's port-numbers are 0, 1, 2, 3. If this is the 'port' in the same meaning as with Intel HD graphics. There is no way they should be the same.

I've been digging around in the NVidia bios DCB tables. Seems quite clear that the contents are different between kepler mobile cards and others. Including, surprisingly the dump I have from a K4000 destop card. Could this be why Kepler desktop cards work but mobile cards don't? All the tables I have looked at are version 0x40.

As an example here is the DCB table from a Dell M6700 K3000m. Looks like some kind of multi line entries.. It very similar in the GTX680M bios I have too.

130F 0001 3400 0100
1F1F 0001 1000 0200
1F2F 0001 3000 0200
D65F 0108 2000 420F
925F 0108 2000 0200
C64F 0108 1000 420F
824F 0108 1000 0200
8F3F 0108 3000 0200
B68F 0304 1000 420F
7F8F 0304 1000 0200
A67F 0202 1000 420F
627F 0202 1000 0200
6F6F 0202 1000 0200
009F 0402 0000 0000
0F9F 0401 0000 0000
0F00 0000 0000 0000
And the code from a K4000(also similar to a FX3700m)
000F 0002 0000 0000
020F 0001 3000 0200
A61F 8102 1000 420F
621F 0102 1000 0200
B62F 8204 1000 420F
722F 0204 1000 0200
8F30 0300 3000 0200
0F00 0000 0000 0000
0F00 0000 0000 0000
0F00 .....
And the code from an iMac's 675mx
B601 8104 1000 220F
D612 8201 2000 220F
1212 0201 2000 0200
C624 8308 1000 220F
0224 0308 1000 0200
0E00 0000 0000 0000
0F00 0000 0000 0000
0F00...
I get the impression that the NVDAResman.kext is responsible for parsing the DCB table and getting the connectors set up right. I'm hoping to modify the DCB table in the K3000m dump and use Chameleon's video bios loader to load it at boot time. Thing is, what should go in the table? The code from Linux's Nouveau driver helps but it's not enough... See
http://lxr.free-elec...bdev/bios/dcb.h
http://lxr.free-elec...bdev/bios/dcb.c

Update..
Unfortunately using the UseNvidiaRom option with Chameleon(build 2238) makes the machine reboot or corrupts the display before even starting the kernel. So I can't try modding the DCB table.. :(

Well, after some testing with kepler card, I think Timp was right after. The problem in some Mobile Kepler cards is the heads (port) declaration on the Vbios. It could be a problem with a fixed port declaration (which the driver doesn´t like it ) or no declaration at all. I think is the first one.

The kepler cards as Timp says has up to 4 Screen support, so the ports needs to be declared in some way on the Vbios, if they are automatically declared at boot the driver takes one head to attach the outputs (NVDA,Display-A, NVDA,Display-B etc), if you look inside this in your IOReg you will find that all the 2, 3 or 4 ports are the same. On James Alienware laptop 2 ports declared as "port09" and is Working. On rr7 (Lenovo all in one B540) 2 ports both declared as "port00", Working. On my G750 (no 3D screen) 4 ports all declared as "port02" Working. On G750 with 3D screen 4 ports all detected as port 02. Working with external screen (already solved with an EFI string)

The new Nvidia Web drivers for Mavericks 10.9.2 have a new detection port system, and the drivers enumerate the card heads on one port, so now head and port match, with this driver installed I have port 00, port 01, port02, and port 03, rr7 user also has port00 and port 01 using Nvidia Web drivers.

One time your ports are declared and found it by the driver it will work, maybe you could still have some issues , like one port working and some others don´t but this could be fixed with and EFI string like we did for the G750 with 120Hz screen.

So what I suggest? First we need to find some Kepler Vbios Guru so the Port table can be decoded and modified, then inject it with Chameleon or Clover and if it does´t work mod Nvidia drivers, or take the risk and flash Vbios.

Before any step forward...Please try the new Nvidia Web Drivers maybe the new detection system can find your ports.

Good Luck

beton3009

beton3009

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

i have tested the new web driver and updated it with out any result it is always the same and i don't have monitor to connect to hdmi so if there is any propositions?????

i have also tested te efi string in http://www.insanelym...-display/page-8

but i have nvidia 770 in dpcimanager

AREOS

AREOS

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

i have tested the new web driver and updated it with out any result it is always the same and i don't have monitor to connect to hdmi so if there is any propositions?????

i have also tested te efi string in http://www.insanelym...-display/page-8

but i have nvidia 770 in dpcimanager

Now you have installed Nvidia Web driver we need an IOReg save file, using this Nvidia driver, please log into your machine using some remote access and save an IOReg copy, this is to know if the drivers have found your card ports, and we can inject the correct info to them.

If the Nvidia driver can´t find them, then we need to look into the Vbios direction and decoded the Port table so we can understand the differences between the working and the not working Kepler cards.

Good Luck

beton3009

beton3009

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

hi areos how to do that i dont have other screen?

but with the usb installer i can go to desktp but with out drivers

sorry know it is difficult for u to resolve this ?

are u here areos?

oscarini

oscarini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi, 

Well i have an Asus G55vw 120hz 3D display and gtx660m, and like others users i can´t boot to desktop with the drivers installed.

With the mavericks updated to 10.9.2 and the new nvidia web drivers the result was he same :(

I logged to my system by vnc to save an ioregfile with the drivers instaled, looking at the ioreg i can see that the 4 ports are detected and no display attached to a port.

If anyone can extract more info from my ioreg (aeros :)) and help me / help us to make to work that display.....

Attached File  g55v120hzdisplay.zip   2.35MB   9 downloads

AREOS

AREOS

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Hi, 

Well i have an Asus G55vw 120hz 3D display and gtx660m, and like others users i can´t boot to desktop with the drivers installed.

With the mavericks updated to 10.9.2 and the new nvidia web drivers the result was he same :(

I logged to my system by vnc to save an ioregfile with the drivers instaled, looking at the ioreg i can see that the 4 ports are detected and no display attached to a port.

If anyone can extract more info from my ioreg (aeros :)) and help me / help us to make to work that display.....

attachicon.gifg55v120hzdisplay.zip

Please sons use IORegistry explorer v3 cause corrupt the save file, make another save with IORegistry V2

Good Luck

hi areos how to do that i dont have other screen?

but with the usb installer i can go to desktp but with out drivers

sorry know it is difficult for u to resolve this ?

are u here areos?

Check how oscarini got the save using VNC

Good Luck to all

TeoTheCool

TeoTheCool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

@oscarini

Could you please tell us how you logged in with vnc, step by step? Thanks!

oscarini

oscarini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Ok,

Here are the steps to log by VNC with a android smartphone:

1. Go to the control panel on your mac and press on Share

2. Share your display and on settings of computer select de two options (sorry im translating  from spanish to my bad english)

you have to see something like vnc://192.168.1.xx/ this is your ip adress on your mac.

3. Download a vncviewer to your smartphone, i used VNC Viewer from PlayStore and its free.

4. Open VNC Viewer and press + to make a new connection, and you have to put your mac address here. The name field is optional and save the connection.

5 And now press on the created connection, and you have to see a mac log screen on your mobile. (mobile, tablet....)

pd: of course the smartphone must be connected to the same network.

I make this on my smartphone, but its posible with an another device such a other computer or a tablet, an ipad ..... the trick its a vnc viewer, the devices on the same network and share your display on mac.

pd2: sorry for my english.

Here is my ioreg with v2 version:

Attached Files

yisl04

yisl04

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Ok,

Here are the steps to log by VNC with a android smartphone:

1. Go to the control panel on your mac and press on Share

2. Share your display and on settings of computer select de two options (sorry im translating  from spanish to my bad english)

you have to see something like vnc://192.168.1.xx/ this is your ip adress on your mac.

3. Download a vncviewer to your smartphone, i used VNC Viewer from PlayStore and its free.

4. Open VNC Viewer and press + to make a new connection, and you have to put your mac address here. The name field is optional and save the connection.

5 And now press on the created connection, and you have to see a mac log screen on your mobile. (mobile, tablet....)

pd: of course the smartphone must be connected to the same network.

I make this on my smartphone, but its posible with an another device such a other computer or a tablet, an ipad ..... the trick its a vnc viewer, the devices on the same network and share your display on mac.

pd2: sorry for my english.

Here is my ioreg with v2 version:

I have the similar laptop and the same problems, G55VW-DH71, i7-3630QM, GTX660M 2GB, not 3D display 1920x1080. 

beton3009

beton3009

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

hi oscarini have found any result?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy