Anyone mobile Kepler 6xxM working?

gothic860

232 posts in this topic

hi Rikoshet

instal nvidia web and ad "nvda_drv=1" to boot flag this is it?no?

btw;have u tested to change in info.plist of nvdaresman.kext the "IONameMatch" to "IOName" only the nvdaresman.kext will load with all staf"GK100hall-GEForce kexts" but there is no accelerations-

Hello Imaurad!

I hope you have copied gfxutil to /usr(hidden folder)/bin. If not do this. Get access with switchresx to your booted system, open terminal and typ this command:

gfxutil - f display

Please post here the output.

Hope you are not an 10 9.3.

You can use the enclosed files for this. Show-hide (making hidden folders and files visible and hide them als back) put in folder Application, if you don´t have it til no. Gfxutil see above.

Have fun.

Hey there finally had some time, really sorry about not posting the gfxutil output before, I actually did run the command but forgot to post the output.

here it is:

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

By the way I am on 10.9.3 but I am using the NVIDIA kexts from 10.9.2 as i heard there we problems with the new drivers, is that a problem?

I think i have 10.9.2 on a usb so i can always reinstall if needed.

On a another note i though that maybe osx wasn't being able to load the VBios for the built in NVidia card, so i extracted it from the main Bios and load it up through clover. It appeared in  System report but not much changed.

Any other ideas?

hi Rikoshet

instal nvidia web and ad "nvda_drv=1" to boot flag this is it?no?

btw;have u tested to change in info.plist of nvdaresman.kext the "IONameMatch" to "IOName" only the nvdaresman.kext will load with all staf"GK100hall-GEForce kexts" but there is no accelerations-

Well, I dont test it cause I would like to not mess with kexts...

Forget for sec about nvdaresman.kext, leave it untouched!

The kext I'm interested in is NVDAStartup.kext! When you install Web pkg it install a new NVDAStartup.kext, SO when you boot with nvidia flag and -v, what do you see before reaching desktop?

NVDAStartup.kext: Web

or

NVDAStartup.kext: Official?

Another thing I remember wheh I was solving my issue is that with smbios from iMac132 I can boot only with web drivers, with smbios from MBP101 I can boot only with official drivers! Oh, no GE=Yes, right?

when i write nvda_drv=1 i get NVDAStartup.kext;web

when i write nvda_drv=0 i get NVDAStartup.kext;officiel

i have no probleme with this

and GE=No

whene i change the infi.plist in nvdaresman.kext all kexts are loaded i don't anderstand what is hapening?

an other experience:i have changer the bin file in nvdaresman.kext the part where it say's"SET POPWERDOWN LVDS" AND ALSO EDP to powerup but nada

this cards are so diffecult and this laptop screwed me soon i 'll sale it it is a final decision :censored::wallbash:

Yeh, I know, I was in the same situation...I was bough mine especialy for mac!

How about instal not modded kexts and try with various smbios?

The things to take in consideration for me are:

smbios

drivers (web, official)

vbios (like I've wrote on post #213)

Try various combinations at least of first two!

(and put your HW in sig)

• 1 year later...