Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

Clover checks nothing. You may said that your computer is HackPro7,4.

This check is provided by Apple's boot.efi that is part of OSX. Chameleon works without it.

Scice is it possible that when we manually change in boot menu the mac model (macbook5,1) automatically to change and the boardproduct (Mac-F42D89C8) and if in smbios when we want a specific model to pun only the mac model and nothing else.

Thank you for your answer.

Scice is it possible that when we manually change in boot menu the mac model (macbook5,1) automatically to change and the boardproduct (Mac-F42D89C8) and if in smbios when we want a specific model to pun only the mac model and nothing else.

Thank you for your answer.

My logic was something else: if you change only Mac model then you got all properties of the model. Then you can change individual properties if you want.

About 10.8.2 and MacMini6,2. See PlatformSupport.plist.zip

MacMini6,2 is not supported by 10.8.2.

Update to 10.8.3 or choose other model.

I changed to MacMini6,2 smbios in settings.plist, installed 10.8.3 build 12D54 but after i rebooted i could not boot back into OSX with both CloverEFI and UEFI.

It was stuck at "com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.ntversionlog 79 Stopping job" and i had to use powerbutton to reboot PC.

post-34410-0-41157800-1358790232_thumb.jpg

But then when i rebooted

post-34410-0-53178400-1358789878_thumb.jpg

It stops at "macx_swapon SUCESS" and did not want to boot into OSX.

My logic was something else: if you change only Mac model then you got all properties of the model. Then you can change individual properties if you want.

About 10.8.2 and MacMini6,2. See PlatformSupport.plist.zip

But that is what we want. But when i changed only the mac model macbook5,1 the clover kept the automatically macbook2,1 BoardId by clover and it dident let me to boot MLion so i had to change manually and the board id.

Clover checks nothing. You may said that your computer is HackPro7,4.

This check is provided by Apple's boot.efi that is part of OSX. Chameleon works without it.

Great work. I added

Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED

to PlatformSupport.plist; Clover UEFI boots 10.8.2/macmini6,2.

I am having trouble with sleep function and running out of options. I tried my DSDT, clover DSDT, clover DSDT patch, clover DSDT with fixmask, but all failed to wake from sleep.

Some users say boot legacy clover and I don't know what that means. I use installer to create clover boot disk, have boot, boot3, boot6 and I just let it boot to get to GUI after 7_. Is that legacy boot?

After a lot of trial and error I got Clover to work. I needed FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/kexts/10.8

One odd thing that doesn't yet work is using a USB keyboard in Clover's boot menu. The only way I can interact with the menu is if I plug in a PS/2 keyboard.

Is this a known problem?

I use Apple's wireless bluetooth trackpad for a mouse, so I wasn't expecting to be able to use it when booting. Is there a way?

Thanks for all the hard work!

I am having trouble with sleep function and running out of options. I tried my DSDT, clover DSDT, clover DSDT patch, clover DSDT with fixmask, but all failed to wake from sleep.

Some users say boot legacy clover and I don't know what that means. I use installer to create clover boot disk, have boot, boot3, boot6 and I just let it boot to get to GUI after 7_. Is that legacy boot?

Yes, it is namely Legacy Clover Boot. 7_ is a sign of it. You should obtain sleep/wake in this case if:

- correctly patched DSDT, set mask according to your devices

- good set of third-party kexts. Some of hacked kext may cause a problem (NullCPUPM, SleepEnabler, OveReboot etc)

- choose good Mac Model

- GeneratePStates and CStates or use good custom SSDTs

- be sure all your devices have working drivers: Video, Sound, LAN

probably that's all.

After a lot of trial and error I got Clover to work. I needed FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/kexts/10.8

One odd thing that doesn't yet work is using a USB keyboard in Clover's boot menu. The only way I can interact with the menu is if I plug in a PS/2 keyboard.

Is this a known problem?

I use Apple's wireless bluetooth trackpad for a mouse, so I wasn't expecting to be able to use it when booting. Is there a way?

Thanks for all the hard work!

You ask about wired USB keyboard or wireless? My wired USB keyboard works. Check your BIOS settings.

You ask about wired USB keyboard or wireless? My wired USB keyboard works. Check your BIOS settings.

Yes it's a wired Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro. It works without any problem for Chameleon. Which BIOS settings in particular should I look at? (This is a BIOS - not UEFI - boot on the Asus board in my signature).

If your computer go to sleep and can't get out of it. You should use this InjectClockID=...Yes.

What exactly problem do you have? Tell us, Please.

Hi,

Today I tried to make my ASUS P8P67 Deluxe boot with the latest Clover v2_r1022 on a USB stick. I created a number of bootable sticks using this guide #######

My first attempt was a FAT32 formatted stick and installed Clover on it. It boots the Mac OS X 10.8.2 partition just fine.

My second attempt was a Mac OSX Extended Journalled formatted stick. Again, it boots the Mac OS X 10.8.2 partition.

My third attempt was a Mac OSX Extended Journalled case sensitive formatted stick. Clover does not boot.

I would like to replace my Chameleon loader on my SSD drive with the Clover boot loader. The GUID partition on this drive is a 'case sensitive' partition. I now know that the Clover boot loader is not going to work with such a partition.

Any chance that Clover be made compatible with case sensitive partitions?

Cheers,

Erwin

Edited by ErmaC
Link removed.

Hi,

Today I tried to make my ASUS P8P67 Deluxe boot with the latest Clover v2_r1022 on a USB stick. I created a number of bootable sticks using this guide: ########

My first attempt was a FAT32 formatted stick and installed Clover on it. It boots the Mac OS X 10.8.2 partition just fine.

My second attempt was a Mac OSX Extended Journalled formatted stick. Again, it boots the Mac OS X 10.8.2 partition.

My third attempt was a Mac OSX Extended Journalled case sensitive formatted stick. Clover does not boot.

I would like to replace my Chameleon loader on my SSD drive with the Clover boot loader. The GUID partition on this drive is a 'case sensitive' partition. I now know that the Clover boot loader is not going to work with such a partition.

Any chance that Clover be made compatible with case sensitive partitions?

Cheers,

Erwin

:hammer:

Hi there, I firstly want to say thank you for this wonderful boot loader, but I am having some problems moving from Chameleon to Clover.

I am using a USB drive first to make sure I can enable it and get it to work.

I can boot through the USB successfully. I have different values in System Profiler compared to chameleon:

POST > Passes in Clover. Fails in Chameleon <<< Good

Memory 7.88GB in Clover - 8GB in Chameleon <<< Bad

Intel HD3000 Graphics shows 384MB in Clover, shows 512MB in Chameleon <<< Why?

Also in the 'About this Mac' the 'Memory' tab shows 7.88GB installed but only 4GB in one memory slot, the other is empty <<< Why?

Bus Speed is 5.33 GHz in Clover - Don't think this should be that high?

I ported over my SMBios from chameleon successfully so not sure why its still doing all this?

Would appreciate some help, thanks

Regards

Yes, it is namely Legacy Clover Boot. 7_ is a sign of it. You should obtain sleep/wake in this case if:

- correctly patched DSDT, set mask according to your devices

- good set of third-party kexts. Some of hacked kext may cause a problem (NullCPUPM, SleepEnabler, OveReboot etc)

- choose good Mac Model

- GeneratePStates and CStates or use good custom SSDTs

- be sure all your devices have working drivers: Video, Sound, LAN

probably that's all.

I believe I have a good DSDT that I use with Chameleon and works. But I also tried generate DSDT using clover, created a new DSDT from Windows, fixed error, used DSDTmask to boot: had to patch HPET, DTGP otherwise I get KP after boot or during boot. How do you know you have correctly patched DSDT and set mask according to my device?

I don't have nullcpu or sleepenabler nor Evoreboot.

I tried to boot without SSDT but I get KP.

All my sound, video, lan is working. I have Apple Cinema Display hooked to MiniDP of HD6870.

If your computer go to sleep and can't get out of it. You should use this InjectClockID=...Yes.

What exactly problem do you have? Tell us, Please.

I have InjectClockID=Yes.

My problem is just that. Can't get out of sleep. I can have clover boot to my desktop, have everything operational (had running over 10 hour) but when I put it to sleep, it goes to sleep fine, everything shuts off, then it won't wake up.

I can't remember what I did but system won't respond to my keyboard or mouse, but pressing power button turns the system on, but no display and I don't think it is wake as well as display because when I had similar issue with Chameleon, I could hear volume or mute when I press volume or mute button, so it woke up without display which it was fixed with darkwake=0. But with clover, system fan turns on, mouse lights up but that's about it. Nothing thru speaker, no display and when I plug in my phone to USB plug, nothing indicating nothing is awake.

I think when I have USB patch with DSDT mask, it responds to keyboard or mouse but same symptom.

I believe I have a good DSDT that I use with Chameleon and works. But I also tried generate DSDT using clover, created a new DSDT from Windows, fixed error, used DSDTmask to boot: had to patch HPET, DTGP otherwise I get KP after boot or during boot. How do you know you have correctly patched DSDT and set mask according to my device?

I don't have nullcpu or sleepenabler nor Evoreboot.

I tried to boot without SSDT but I get KP.

All my sound, video, lan is working. I have Apple Cinema Display hooked to MiniDP of HD6870.

I have InjectClockID=Yes.

My problem is just that. Can't get out of sleep. I can have clover boot to my desktop, have everything operational (had running over 10 hour) but when I put it to sleep, it goes to sleep fine, everything shuts off, then it won't wake up.

I can't remember what I did but system won't respond to my keyboard or mouse, but pressing power button turns the system on, but no display and I don't think it is wake as well as display because when I had similar issue with Chameleon, I could hear volume or mute when I press volume or mute button, so it woke up without display which it was fixed with darkwake=0. But with clover, system fan turns on, mouse lights up but that's about it. Nothing thru speaker, no display and when I plug in my phone to USB plug, nothing indicating nothing is awake.

I think when I have USB patch with DSDT mask, it responds to keyboard or mouse but same symptom.

Try using USBInjection=No, this worked for my usb keyboard, mouse and magic trackpad with a usb dongle. If that doesn't work try connecting them to another port, and it's normal that your monitor doesn't wake when you press the power button, you need to press a kb key or click the mouse to really wake it (darkwake was it?)

@ developers

i'd like to cut on boot time for my rig, so my question is how i can get rid of the 2 sec waiting time at 7_ where we can choose between 32/64 CloverEFI.

I only use 64 and therefore i don't need/want to have this choice at all.

You must install manually depend on what disk or stick you are using

BootSectors:

boot0

boot0hfs

boot0md

boot1altV2

boot1f32

boot1f32alt

boot1h

boot1h2

fdisk440

boot0 - MBR sector that search for active partition in MBR table. Origin from Apple's boot132 project. This version of boot0 implements hybrid GUID/MBR partition scheme support. Written by TamΓ΅s KosΓ΅rszky on 2008-03-10

boot0hfs - MBR sector that search for HFS+ partition even thou it is not active. Good for Windows that wants to have its partition active. (origin?)

boot0md - MBR sector that search for active HFS+ partiton on all disks. Modified by dmazar.

boot1h - PBR sector for HFS+ formatted partition. Search for file "boot" in the root of the partiton. Origin from Apple's boot132 project. Written by TamΓ΅s KosΓ΅rszky on 2008-04-14. This is mod by Slice to support large boot file. Not 440kb as origin but 472k needed to boot Clover-64.

boot1h2 - PBR sector for HFS+ formatted partition with alternative booting with choice of key pressed. File to boot = "boot{key}". Coded by dmazar based on boot1h.

boot1altV2 - same but "This boots Chameleon if 'c' pressed OR boot3 if '3' pressed, any other key OR timeout boot6." - modded by STLVNUB.

boot1f32 - PBR sector for FAT32 formatted partition. Search for file "boot" in the root of the partiton. Useful for EFI partition or USB stick. Written by mackerintel on 2009-01-26.

boot1f32alt - PBR sector for FAT32 formatted partition with alternative booting with choice of key pressed. File to boot = "boot{key}". Modded by Slice based on

boot1f32 and boot1h2.

• Like 1