Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried enabling FileVault with Clover? I did try with Chameleon but never got very far with it...

I've encrypted drives without issue. Not the boot drive though.

Can you anyone tell me why even so iCloud doesn't works. ?

Please I ask you to help

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
 <key>CustomUUID</key>
 <string>3e9ac150-469f-11e2-bcfd-0800200c9a66</string>
 <key>DefaultBootVolume</key>
 <string>MacOsx</string>
 <key>InjectSystemID</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>boot-args</key>
 <string>-v slide=0</string>
 <key>iCloudFix</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
 <string>it:0</string>
</dict>

What bsd network interface do you have for ethernet and wifi? Ethernet should be en0 wifi en1

Otherwise you could have issues loging into iCloud.

Here's the video of Clover booting 100% UEFI motherboard, and Nvidia 670 w/ UEFI vBios. Notice that I no longer have a "BIOS" post/splash screen, because I'm using the Ultra Fast Boot option on my motherboard for Windows 8, But I'm booting Clover/OSX not Microsofts heap of $h!t. =)

http://youtu.be/J2ZgC5w5kqM

-Mrengles

• Like 1

Now I Have New Problem

Please I Need Help

18122012311.jpg

Are you Any Solution ?

I've encrypted drives without issue. Not the boot drive though.

What bsd network interface do you have for ethernet and wifi? Ethernet should be en0 wifi en1

Otherwise you could have issues loging into iCloud.

I use Usb Internet connection

Thank you very much. (I am sure that I have to study the manual more thoroughly^^)

PatchVBios gave me a higher resolution, but Clover didn't use the whole screen and still with some black space around boot screen. So I tried several combinations using InjectEDID, LoadVBios, and GraphicsInjector options. But same result.

My LCD is SyncMastr TA531(27 inch, max. res. 1920x1080)

Looking at preboot.log, these lines are seen.

Before VBios patch, I couldn't see Mode4 above.

One strange thing. My second LCD is 22 inch (SyncMaster 223BW) with max resolution 1680x1050.

When I tried this display as main with 1680x1050 in refit.conf, it didn't work.

But with 1280x1024, Clover used the full screen without any extra black space.

Interesting. Thanks.

This black bars for NVIDIA is not a Clover-specific issue: probably also your motherboard BIOS and everything else before driver loads has the same black bars.

It seems that this problem can be solved only with patching VBIOS via Nibitor, enabling "Non-Native Display Panel" option, and flashing it back to the card.

You can find further information on how to do this on Google, if it interests you.

Regarding the 1680x1050 monitor - the log you posted shows you're using resolution 1920x1080 here, and that it worked. You didn't seem to have posted the log from the 1680x1050 case.

This black bars for NVIDIA is not a Clover-specific issue: probably also your motherboard BIOS and everything else before driver loads has the same black bars.

It seems that this problem can be solved only with patching VBIOS via Nibitor, enabling "Non-Native Display Panel" option, and flashing it back to the card.

You can find further information on how to do this on Google, if it interests you.

Pene, thanks a lot for the informative reply.

I guess I have to google Nibitor.

What I wanted to say was that before PatchVBios option I couldn't see mode 4 1920x1080.

So, PatchVBios was a good tip to me 'cause I can have a higher resolution Clover boot screen even thought the monitor screen is isn't fully used.

For a long time, I have thought NVIDIA ROM is the reason for those black lines on the booting process, but didn't know how to solve it.

I hope Nibitor can be a solution. Thanks.

Regarding the 1680x1050 monitor - the log you posted shows you're using resolution 1920x1080 here, and that it worked. You didn't seem to have posted the log from the 1680x1050 case.

Yes, you're right. The log was from booting with 27" display as main.

I just attached it to show that the mode 4 1920x1080 is recognized by Clover, but as you said, I guess it may look confusing.

Thanks for the accurate comment.

Yes, you're right. The log was from booting with 27" display as main.

I just attached it to show that the mode 4 1920x1080 is recognized by Clover, but as you said, I guess it may look confusing.

Thanks for the accurate comment.

Well, if you want me to try to help you with what's wrong in the 1680x1050 case, I need a corresponding log :)

a 1680x1050 monitor should not have the black lines problem (it seems to be specific with some 1080p monitors), and it should also work with PatchVBios=Yes and correct resolution in refit.conf.

Well, if you want me to try to help you with what's wrong in the 1680x1050 case, I need a corresponding log :)

a 1680x1050 monitor should not have the black lines problem (it seems to be specific with some 1080p monitors), and it should also work with PatchVBios=Yes and correct resolution in refit.conf.

OK, thanks.

I tested with the 1920x1080 display unplugged.

Please find attached a zipped file, which contains two folders, each of which contains preboot.log and a boot bmp under 1680x1050 & 1280x1024 in refit.conf.

My config.plist is also included to show you the Graphic flags under which I tested.

Thank you very much in advance.

[EDITED]

Pene, I think I got why.

Regarding 1680 display, I changed its DVI connector to No. 1 of the GTX460 card.

Then, it displayed a full 1680x1050 screen like a charm.

(GraphicsInjector=Yes, PatchVBios=Yes.)

When the display was connected to No. 2 DVI port again, it downgraded to 800x600 display.

Therefore, it's not a Clover issue, but the different output capacity of vga card ports, I guess.

With 1920x1080, a screenshot of the Clover boot has a dimension of 1920x1080 when I saw it in OS X.

I guess that means the screen is contracted in the booting stage.

One thing I'd like to mention is that this 1920x1080 display is connected via a DVI-HDMI adapter (via-DVI, lcd-HDMI).

Do you think this adapter can make any difference?

[EDITED AGAIN !!!] - SOLVED

:thumbsup_anim: Pene, you really made me rock'n roll :thumbsup_anim:

Actually, months ago, I was trying to flash nvidia rom using NVFLASH, but fruitless.

That's because I didn't know what I should touch. So, then I gave up and forgot it.

What I learned from those countless trials? How to flash video rom.

I became very daring in doing it.

In the beginning, when I decided to flash the card, you know, I was trembling actually. :worried_anim:

BUT,

today, your comment on "Non-Native Display Panel" option in NiBiTor changed the whole thing!

After my video ROM was modified in NiBiTor and flashed in NVFlash,

the whole black edges are gone!!! in 1920x1080 resolution.

UNBELIEVABLE!

I'd fought this resolution headache for almost two years until now!

At first, with 1680x1050, and then with 1920x1080 as I got this 27" display.

Now, with GTX460 and Clover, I can enjoy a full booting screen in any display, 1680x1050 or 1920x1080.

Thank you, Thank Slice, Thank Mrengles, Thank the whole Team!!!

God Bless Clover!!!

P.S. As a bonus, I got a small and cute boot screen of the mobo's native instead of the extended one.

And I changed the attachment to new successful ones - preboot.log in 1920x1080 + screenshot.

P.S-2: Please look at the cursor position. There's no spare space.

19201m.jpg

19202.jpg

Archive.zip

@ Robert....zotac company write to me today  

The GTX470 does not have a UEFI BIOS, the feature is unlikely to be integrated into this card.

Link me please a pm ..where to buy your nvidia evga...lol lol

Ok Thank you very much. I finally figured out why

For this problem there are solutions

Rifai la pen drive ...e prova prima a fare il boot con essa..e vedi se ti da errore

@ Robert....zotac company write to me today

The GTX470 does not have a UEFI BIOS, the feature is unlikely to be integrated into this card.

Link me please a pm ..where to buy your nvidia evga...lol lol

Rifai la pen drive ...e prova prima a fare il boot con essa..e vedi se ti da errore

Grazie per la tua risposta , ho provato e riprovato ma niente

Carmine,

This is the card I currently have installed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130785

From what I understand all of 600 Series EVGA GPU's can be updated with the UEFI ROM.

Good Luck!

Mrengles

Robert ...please have a pm

Sorry to all for off topic

Grazie per la tua risposta , ho provato e riprovato ma niente

Sei in modalita' uefi?

After my video ROM was modified in NiBiTor and flashed in NVFlash,

the whole black edges are gone!!! in 1920x1080 resolution.

I'm glad you sorted everything out! Sounds like all is good now :)

Therefore, it's not a Clover issue, but the different output capacity of vga card ports, I guess.

Well, I haven't seen this problem myself (on my GTX470 both DVI ports work the same), but I guess that it probably is only EDID information not being passed through the second port.

I believe that if you would use CustomEDID flag with the EDID information of the monitor, then it will work also with the second port (you can extract the RAW EDID information for example with Entech MonInfo under Windows, with the port that is working). But I guess that it doesn't really matter, as you can probably just use the other port.

I'm glad you sorted everything out! Sounds like all is good now :)

Thank you so much, Pene!

Well, I haven't seen this problem myself (on my GTX470 both DVI ports work the same), but I guess that it probably is only EDID information not being passed through the second port.

I believe that if you would use CustomEDID flag with the EDID information of the monitor, then it will work also with the second port (you can extract the RAW EDID information for example with Entech MonInfo under Windows, with the port that is working). But I guess that it doesn't really matter, as you can probably just use the other port.

On this, I'd like to challenge it on an experimental spirit as always, but some time later. :wink2:

As of now, I just copy and keep your tip to Evernote. Thanks for the advice.