Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Taza4776 said:

hi... how do i fix my ssd..? it show as external....

Try this patch in KextsToPatch section (config.plist file of course) :)

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External icons patch</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				RXh0ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<false/>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.13.x,10.14.x,10.15.x</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				SW50ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
			</dict>

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Try this patch in KextsToPatch section (config.plist file of course) :)

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External icons patch</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				RXh0ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<false/>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.13.x,10.14.x,10.15.x</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				SW50ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
			</dict>

it still the same result ssd on external..., i patch it on config.plist KextsToPatch section.  

Edited by Taza4776
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Taza4776 said:

it still the same result ssd on external..., i patch it on config.plist KextsToPatch section.  

Do you a NVMe SSD? Pike R. Alpha had created a kext-to-patch that can be added to your config.plist to deal with this issue:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch#External</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IONVMeFamily</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SIXAdAeAiwgBAAAQ</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>kJCQkJCAiwgBAAAQ</data>
</dict>

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Do you a NVMe SSD? Pike R. Alpha had created a kext-to-patch that can be added to your config.plist to deal with this issue:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch#External</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IONVMeFamily</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SIXAdAeAiwgBAAAQ</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>kJCQkJCAiwgBAAAQ</data>
</dict>

my sdd = ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB M.2 2280 PCIE GEN3X4 SSD. would it work?

2 hours ago, Taza4776 said:

I don't have A SSD NVMe, so I can test this patch. Try it and you will have got answer. Rember it's just for orange icons. You can do that from booting with a usb pendrive

4 hours ago, Taza4776 said:

That patch has no effect on my Samsung 970 Pro.

This, however, solves the problem: 1.2.0 (RELEASE).zip

If you prefer, you can also solve it with a SSDT patch. I chose the kext solution i attached, but you can google for it if you wish.

[EDIT] Forgot to mention that the kext is a Lilu plugin. You need Lilu in order to use it.

Biciolino

Edited by biciolino
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 6:54 PM, Pene said:

It is for more complex cases, mostly for cases where you have two GPUs in the system (both are enabled from BIOS), but monitor is connected only to one, and you wish to be able to control the settings for OSX according to which GPU the monitor is connected when system boots up.

It is not needed for simpler cases where only one GPU is being used.

It can help in some other cases too, but here is a use case, where it is really needed:

- You have an Intel GPU and also a discrete GPU, but the discrete GPU is not supported by OSX (for example, all latest Nvidia cards).

- You want to use Nvidia GPU when you boot Windows, but usually Intel GPU when you boot OSX. And maybe you want to boot OSX sometimes also with the NVidia card, when monitor is connected to it.

- You have a DP or HDMI switch connected to the monitor, and can switch the monitor between the Intel and the Nvidia card. Or alternatively, you have two inputs on your monitor, and connect each monitor input to a different GPU, and select it from the monitor before powering up the system.

(Note: such configuration is usually supported with the following UEFI BIOS settings: CSM=Disabled, Primary Graphics Adapter=Onboard, IGPU-Multi-Monitor=Enabled, which results, on most UEFI BIOSes, in POST being displayed to where the monitor is connected).

In the above case, it would be useful for Clover to detect which card is active when you boot (meaning, to which card the monitor is connected), so that you can disable the inactive GPU when OSX boots, in order to avoid problems regarding Multi-GPU setup within OSX (and use OSX, instead, as having a single GPU, regardless of which GPU you are booting with).

- To do this, in the above case, you can now set properties for secondary (inactive) gpu in config.plist (at Devices/Properties/SecondaryGPU). An example property for to inject for the secondary device could be a device-id=0xffff, which will result in disabling the inactive GPU (and it will always disable the card that is not used when booting up, whether it is Intel or Discrete).

- Note, that it this case, it can be also useful to set in config.plist GUI/ShowOptimus=true (this will result in showing at the bottom of Clover's GUI whether monitor is currently connected to Intel or to Discrete GPU).

- Properties can be set also for PrimaryGPU, if needed (at Devices/Properties/PrimaryGPU).

With the correct settings, you can achieve OSX booting properly also with Discrete GPU when monitor is connected to it (without acceleration, of course, for the example above of an unsupported card), and also with Intel GPU when monitor is connected to that one. 

Hi, I can’t work out from your post here a) if this feature can help me get to a better place, or b) just actually how to use it if that is the case. 

my situation: two GPUs, one GTX 1080 and one Radeon WX Pro 7100. 

I have disabled the GTX 1080 using Devices / AddProperties / NVidia + name/IOName/class-code

i have both cards attached to separate inputs on my display and so dual boot. So the desire is to have as painless use of the Radeon output for MacOS. 

Currently, the machine boots to MacOS, and stops updating the screen once the “IOConsoleUser .. ScreenLockState...” line is displayed. Notably this is via the DisplayPort from the GTX 1080. If I at this point change inputs on the display, I have my nice login screen via the Radeon. 

So - I could live with this I guess. But does this PrimaryGPU/SecondaryGPU offer me anything better? If so, how?

9 hours ago, Drinahn said:

Hi, I can’t work out from your post here a) if this feature can help me get to a better place, or b) just actually how to use it if that is the case. 

my situation: two GPUs, one GTX 1080 and one Radeon WX Pro 7100. 

I have disabled the GTX 1080 using Devices / AddProperties / NVidia + name/IOName/class-code

i have both cards attached to separate inputs on my display and so dual boot. So the desire is to have as painless use of the Radeon output for MacOS. 

Currently, the machine boots to MacOS, and stops updating the screen once the “IOConsoleUser .. ScreenLockState...” line is displayed. Notably this is via the DisplayPort from the GTX 1080. If I at this point change inputs on the display, I have my nice login screen via the Radeon. 

So - I could live with this I guess. But does this PrimaryGPU/SecondaryGPU offer me anything better? If so, how?

The feature is meant to be used for injecting properties depending on which card is the monitor connected to when system boots up. It checks which card has the GOP active (that will be the card where you see the POST output), and allows you to inject properties judging by that. For example, if you want to always disable the card which was not active when booting, you can inject to SecondaryGPU.

As in your case you always want to disable a specific card, it is better to inject directly to it, as you are already doing.

Apple has own Smbios definition based on standard 2.4 but with own tables and with own interpretations.

BCD revision remains 24. 

For the new Macs they make BCD revision 30. There is a point to investigation for us what is changed else and what we have to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2019 at 8:37 PM, Pene said:

The feature is meant to be used for injecting properties depending on which card is the monitor connected to when system boots up. It checks which card has the GOP active (that will be the card where you see the POST output), and allows you to inject properties judging by that. For example, if you want to always disable the card which was not active when booting, you can inject to SecondaryGPU.

As in your case you always want to disable a specific card, it is better to inject directly to it, as you are already doing.

Ah I see. Thank you sir!

Hide options don't work for me. I am trying to hide windows and preboot drive and I am writing Windows and Preboot to hide section after restart it doesn't affect anything. I remember earlier version of clover always hide when I write the driver's name.

Edited by telepati
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, telepati said:

Hide options don't work for me. I am trying to hide windows and preboot drive and I am writing Windows and Preboot to hide section after restart it doesn't affect anything. I remember earlier version of clover always hide when I write the driver's name.

Worked as before.

• Like 3