Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

lol! I thought -f was working because it booted. Well that's pretty stupid. Did some more tests and it just really random if it boots or hangs. Kernel will just lock up sometimes.. and this is a issue with mountain lion and not lion. Hmm weird stuff. (Have 2 installs)

About the UEFI ROM. I am guessing IF the videocard itself contains an efi rom, it would display the correct resolution? The motherboard uefi will read a PCIe efi compatible rom and load the resolution table? If not it would load the bios compatible (most pc cards) rom and defaults to 1024x768 or lower? I have option in my uefi to to toggle priority on PCIe Cards 'legacy rom' and 'efi rom' if that makes any sense.

I have a 'old' Radeon HD6870 still flashed with an efi extensions. Maybe I'll try that when I have the time.

• Like 1

lol! I thought -f was working because it booted. Well that's pretty stupid. Did some more tests and it just really random if it boots or hangs. Kernel will just lock up sometimes.. and this is a issue with mountain lion and not lion. Hmm weird stuff. (Have 2 installs)

May be you need this patch?

http://www.insanelym...2/#entry1853204

http://www.insanelym...some-disks-fix/

About the UEFI ROM. I am guessing IF the videocard itself contains an efi rom, it would display the correct resolution? The motherboard uefi will read a PCIe efi compatible rom and load the resolution table? If not it would load the bios compatible (most pc cards) rom and defaults to 1024x768 or lower? I have option in my uefi to to toggle priority on PCIe Cards 'legacy rom' and 'efi rom' if that makes any sense.

I have a 'old' Radeon HD6870 still flashed with an efi extensions. Maybe I'll try that when I have the time.

Will be interesting if you find something useful this way.

But I said not only about resolution table. The table is good because it used by Clover boot.

I said that Graphics driver in UEFI bios is wrong. My driver located in BOOT file is good. It is the driver written by me on the base of EDK2 driver but differ.

About Turbo and speedstep test, please, these version (will be 775 next commit).

CLOVERX64.efi.zip

Thanks for answering Slice...

I'm at my job now, but when I came back home I'll make a test...

Did you replace MacPro5_1.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources, and set SMBios to Mac Pro 5,1 with the SSDT I gave you?

I made a comparison between your plist and vanilla one and found no differences, so I only set SMBIOS to MP5,1...

This is my result with the MacPro5_1.plist file and the SSDT (mine is from x16~x42):

yGro5.png

This is a working speedstep... :thumbsup_anim:

But I see no point have a step above my max turbo clock (41)....

My UEFI is set to "CPU Clock Ratio: 33 , Turbo: 41/42/42/42".

Try to set UEFI setting to "CPU Clock Ratio: 28 , Turbo: 30/31/31/31 and keep other settings Auto" with your i5-2300.

Report to me if speedstep still doesn't work. :)

Mine already is Ratio=28 and Turbo=31/30/30/29... Tried others combinations as I told above, but I'll

remade again later just in case I made something wrong...

Thanks for answering Slice...

I'm at my job now, but when I came back home I'll make a test...

[/size][/font][/color]

I made a comparison between your plist and vanilla one and found no differences, so I only set SMBIOS to MP5,1...

This is a working speedstep... :thumbsup_anim:

But I see no point have a step above my max turbo clock (41)....

Mine already is Ratio=28 and Turbo=31/30/30/29... Tried others combinations as I told above, but I'll

remade again later just in case I made something wrong...

Maybe I uploaded wrong one...

I'm pretty sure this one has some modifications made by me. (Speedstep is not available for me with the origin MacPro5_1.plist.)

One of the difference is in "StepContextDict."

MacPro5_1.plist.zip

Please give it a try, XD. But still be careful of KP...

• Like 1

May be you need this patch?

http://www.insanelym...2/#entry1853204

http://www.insanelym...some-disks-fix/

Will be interesting if you find something useful this way.

But I said not only about resolution table. The table is good because it used by Clover boot.

I said that Graphics driver in UEFI bios is wrong. My driver located in BOOT file is good. It is the driver written by me on the base of EDK2 driver but differ.

It's not a 'waiting for root device' but total system lockup/freeze after the kernel boots. (Not always, random after restarts) I have to reset the machine.

I think its UEFI related, because BIOS/Legacy Clover always boots without problems. Maybe something in one of the uefi drivers. (tried all the combinations) or I just have a wacky uefi. (asrock extreme 11)

Clover also gives in bios mode a very quick warning flash 'There is a TSC detection problem and needs calibration' before displaying the gui boot menu. (Also in system log in OS X). (I have to voodoo sync kext installed)

About the graphics.. chameleon boot menu has a resolution/vesa of 2560x1440x32 when the resolution is specified in org.chameleon.boot.plist if graphics mode is not specified the graphics/vesa resolution is 1024x768

clover bios mode gives me 1024x768

clover direct uefi gives me 1024x768

but thats is just how the implementation works I think if bios mode is just a extra layer to emulate all uefi.

(all geforce gtx 670)

I will try the radeon card tonight.

Clover cannot boot my windows 7 installed with gpt-mbr hybrid partition tables, it detects windows partition as Legacy OS but freeze in "Booting OS...". I tried to set LegacyBoot key from PBR to MBR, but it doesn't make any sense. I wonder if the Clover can only boot Windows EFI?

BTW, can I manually set a proper resolution for Clover just like Chameleon(with Graphic Mode key)?

Thanks.

I have same problem :(

I have same problem :(

Guys, Slice already told once that legacy boot may work and may not work...

The main goal of the project is UEFI booting, for legacy boot we already have Chameleon...

For all you guys that have issues booting legacy OS's, and don't want to reinstall Windows/Linux

using Clover's firmware, is to follow dmazar's guide to have Clover / Chameleon / XPC / RevoBoot

at the same HDD/USB Stick > http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2493

This way, when you need to use Windows, just press "1" and boot it with Chameleon...

Maybe I uploaded wrong one...

I'm pretty sure this one has some modifications made by me. (Speedstep is not available for me with the origin MacPro5_1.plist.)

One of the difference is in "StepContextDict."

MacPro5_1.plist.zip

Please give it a try, XD. But still be careful of KP...

It worked!!! Thanks shiecldk!!!

:yoji:

This is the difference between vanilla and your plist... I promise that next time I'll use DiffMerge

instead of believe in my eyes... :bag:

http://pastebin.com/W6GEtVWc

Where you found this plist, It's from another OS X version or modified by you (just curiosity)????

Now I have a really working speedstep...

post-628175-0-51152800-1350443933_thumb.png

Thanks again!!!

It worked!!! Thanks shiecldk!!!

:yoji:

This is the difference between vanilla and your plist... I promise that next time I'll use DiffMerge

instead of believe in my eyes... :bag:

http://pastebin.com/W6GEtVWc

Where you found this plist, It's from another OS X version or modified by you (just curiosity)????

Now I have a really working speedstep...

post-628175-0-51152800-1350443933_thumb.png

Thanks again!!!

You're welcome. :)

I can't see the difference in Xcode also.... (One time I couldn't find the plist edited by me.)

The plist is a mixture between MacMini5,X or MacBookPro8,X with other SMBios.

So if you set SMBios to MacMini5,X or MacBookPro8,X, you may also get a working speedstep.

The key point is to replace "the item which contain CPU info under CtrlLoopArray", and "ControlArray".

The plist files also contain GPU power control info which works with AGPM.

So if you want GPU speedstep works with nvidia cards, keep an eye on these plists and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

You can modify the plist yourself if you want to set system to other SMBios.

I'll help you if you don't know how to this.

By the way, my hackintosh can't boot with the SMBios, MacMini5,X, after flashing the UEFI firmware. So I have to use a modified plist and set system to other SMBios.

• Like 1

OK. I have educated myself some more in the graphics uefi part :). It's very simple. The addon pcie graphics card needs a vbios with UEFI GOP. Sadly my MSI Geforce GTX670/OC doesn't have that. There was a uefi update for my motherboard yesterday that adds UEFI GOP support. If I try to enable 'ultra fast (windows 8 feature which requires UEFI GOP) ' it states that my videocard does not include UEFI GOP. Mailed MSI in the hope they have a hybrid vbios.

I am guessing all the resolution stuff is also handled by this?

• Like 1

Hello. Did anyone could to download the usual MBR-windows with clover? I had told with slice. He said to me the he couldn't make the legacy-boot for this to work. But he though it possible. I think somebody can improve clover and make necessary modification.

Hello. Did anyone could to download the usual MBR-windows with clover? I had told with slice. He said to me the he couldn't make the legacy-boot for this to work. But he though it possible. I think somebody can improve clover and make necessary modification.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2/page__st__200#entry1860945

With revision 771 + custom SSDT + Turbo=Yes i got 3 states...

Oct 14 15:16:02 kyndders-iMac kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 28 29
Oct 14 15:16:03 kyndders-iMac kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(29)
Oct 14 15:16:03 kyndders-iMac kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 28 29
Oct 14 15:16:03 kyndders-iMac kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
Oct 14 15:16:03 kyndders-iMac kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 28 29 

Not so good... But it's a begin... Maybe some changes to my SSDT????

@shiecldk

Do you want to try with my SSDT???

(DSDT together just for consulting)

DSDT_SSDT.zip

kyndder,

Could you tell me what edit did you do with the attach DSDT? (Just tell me the main title, ex: RTC, TMR, HDEF, etc. Then I'll figure it out myself.)

With your DSDT, it's able to boot rapidly (zero circle with SSD) just like when I was using the old Bios before.

Otherwise, it needs two circles before login to desktop after flashing it to UEFI.

I'm guessing it's related to CPU problems, because I saw parallels desktop errors in verbo mode.

kyndder,

Could you tell me what edit did you do with the attach DSDT? (Just tell me the main title, ex: RTC, TMR, HDEF, etc. Then I'll figure it out myself.)

I always use DSDT Editor and Patcher to make my DSDT's > http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/223205-dsdt-editor-and-patcher/...

These are the patches that I currently use (less some minor corrections)...

_T_x rename

DTGP

HID para CID

IRQs

LPC SANDYBRIDGE

PATCH REMOVE

RTC

SMBUS

AHCI SATA orange icon

AZAL to HDEF

ALC889 (have different patches for OS X versions)

LAN0

Mac devices

New HPET

Shutdown Gigabyte

WAK

;)

• Like 1

Any help tips on getting anim to work??

call me a dumb a** old fart

LOL

:wallbash:

All of us are getting some trouble activating this...

refit.conf (just a example)...

#Animation ID

Logo (1)
#About (2)
#Help (3)
#Options (4)
#Graphics (5)
#CPU (6)
#Binaries (7)
#DSDT (8)
#BOOT Sequence (9)

#Apple (21)
#WinXP (22)
#Clover (23)
#Linux (24)
#BootX64.efi (25)
#Vista (26)

#Recovery (30)
#Tiger (34)
#Leopard (35)
#Snow Leopard (36)
#Lion (37)
#Mountain Lion (38)

# in this example
#animation 38 (Mountain Lion)
#folder name "ML_Anim" (thanks to iDark_Soul)
#number of files 15
#time between frames 100ms
#play once (default infinite loop)
anime 1 LG_Anim 20 100

"LG_Anim" folder (as my example of logo animation) must be the name of your animation folder and must leave inside of your "/EFI/BOOT/themes/THEME" folder, pictures must have the same name of the folder + sequence number starting from 000... (LG_Anim_000.png)...

edit:

So still DON'T work

It's strange...

Take a look at my file tree...

post-628175-0-65123000-1350765313_thumb.png

This + refit.conf settings...

#Animation ID

Logo (1)
#About (2)
#Help (3)
#Options (4)
#Graphics (5)
#CPU (6)
#Binaries (7)
#DSDT (8)
#BOOT Sequence (9)

#Apple (21)
#WinXP (22)
#Clover (23)
#Linux (24)
#BootX64.efi (25)
#Vista (26)

#Recovery (30)
#Tiger (34)
#Leopard (35)
#Snow Leopard (36)
#Lion (37)
#Mountain Lion (38)

# in this example
#animation 38 (Mountain Lion)
#folder name "ML_Anim" (thanks to iDark_Soul)
#number of files 15
#time between frames 100ms
#play once (default infinite loop)

anime 1 LG_Anim 20 100

Results on the following animation...

post-628175-0-91991300-1350765360.gif

Maybe you forgot something????

after reading this clover topic i assume that my all dreams will b true soon.....so plz help me and coordinate me. i m just beginner.

Your dream may become true when you drop that hazard installation and install retail one (it's cheap). Your hazard DVD installed who knows what and Clover would not help you to fix that. Retail install on laptop probably also does not go smooth, but at least you will know what you have installed and how.

I forgot the folder that goes in themes, where is it??

Sorry, but I did not understand you better...

You meant the folder with the animation???

You can create your custom folder and put him inside of the theme folder you want...

For example, if you use blackosx's black_green theme the path will be...

/EFI/BOOT/themes/black_green/CUSTOM_Anim/CUSTOM_Anim_000.png