Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Sorry for the stupid question, but is the kext inside the prelinkedkernel?

Thanks for the questions,,  i have checked the PrelinkedKernel date in System/Library/PrelinkedKernel and the date is 3 July 2019. Weird

I run kext utility.app and PrelinkedKernel's date is not change,, then i open terminal and run "sudo mount -uw /" and "sudo killall Finder' then i re-Run Kext utility.app. The date of Prelinked kernel is change :D

Now reboot and i can see patch is succesfull,, i am boot with Salado Framebuffer now. :D

So the remaining problem is about EMPTY /Applications in Catalina if you install Clover from Mojave to Catalna Disk and tick Clover Theme Manager,, still searching for the issue.
image.thumb.png.17be894ed01615b834863e9f042e41a2.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

1 minute ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Thanks for the questions,,  i have checked the PrelinkedKernel date in System/Library/PrelinkedKernel and the date is 3 July 2019. Weird

I run kext utility.app and PrelinkedKernel is not change,, then i open terminal and run "sudo mount -uw /" and "sudo killall Finder' then i re-Run Kext utility.app. The date of Prelinked kernel is change :D

Now reboot and i can see patch is succesfull,, i am boot with Salado Framebuffer now. :D

Always there's a why Lol

2 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

So the remaining problem is about EMPTY /Applications in Catalina if you install Clover from Mojave to Catalna Disk and tick Clover Theme Manager,, still searching for the issue.

Ever tried to select, from mojave, the '- data' partition??:afro:

2 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Always there's a why Lol

Ever tried to select, from mojave, the '- data' partition??:afro:

Did you have Mojave system?? Please try this.

Install Clover from Mojave,, and point it to Catalina Disk system,, and tick/check "Clover Theme Manager' then reboot to your Catalina. Can you still see many app in your Catalina disk/Applications???

9 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Did you have Mojave system?? Please try this.

Install Clover from Mojave,, and point it to Catalina Disk system,, and tick/check "Clover Theme Manager' then reboot to your Catalina. Can you still see many app in your Catalina disk/Applications???

just tried and worked. Applications are all in place, CTM included. Do not tell my why but I expected nothing less.

Just now, vector sigma said:

just tried and worked. Applications are all in place, CTM included. Do not tell my why but I expected nothing less.

When you in Mojave and install clover, which partition did you select?? Catalina Disk or Catalina Disk - Data???

Anyway, can you try again the same and post the installer log? ... not the one by Clover, but the one from Installer.app

1 minute ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

When you in Mojave and install clover, which partition did you select?? Catalina Disk or Catalina Disk - Data???

the one with the - Data suffix

1 minute ago, vector sigma said:

Anyway, can you try again the same and post the installer log? ... not the one by Clover, but the one from Installer.app

the one with the - Data suffix

Accidentally i select withoud - Data suffix :D

Can you try select without data suffx?? :D

4 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

What I will never try is to target the one without the - Data suffix, as I guess this was the problem for you:ph34r:

Can you try select without data suffx?? :D

No, see above:pope:, never thought of doing an installation in the users partition :)

Edited by vector sigma

Just now, vector sigma said:

What I-ll never try is to targe the one without the - Data suffix, as I guess this was the problem for you:ph34r:

Yes,, clover will install CTM to Catalina Disk/Applications (Should be not right path), but if we select Catalina Disk - Data then path will be "Catalina Disk - Data/Applications" (Right path).

Now when i go to Applications, all is empty. I need to manual go to /System/Volumes/Data/Applications to see my Applications list :(

I don't know how to re-index this

image.thumb.png.b593be63865757c91cbabc1a3aa5dc7f.png

it's the last options,, i think i need to reRun "Install macOS Catalina Beta" DP 3 and point it again to my Catalina Disk. I hope the old app and configuration won't broken :D

right. Firstly you can try to repair permissions. of the entire volume using disk utility, i.e s.o.s

3 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

right. Firstly you can try to repair permissions. of the entire volume using disk utility, i.e s.o.s

i am re running "Install macOS Catalina Beta.app" to my Catalina disk right now :)

17 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

No, see above:pope:, never thought of doing an installation in the users partition :)

I point it Catalina Disk instead Catalina Disk - Data because if i select Catalina Disk - Data i can't tick "CLover Preference pane", if  select Catalina Disk then i can select Preference pane. Anyway, it's worst scenario

10 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I point it Catalina Disk instead Catalina Disk - Data because if i select Catalina Disk - Data i can't tick "CLover Preference pane", if  select Catalina Disk then i can select Preference pane. Anyway, it's worst scenario

Ok that make sense. The option is enabled/selectable only if the target volume contains /bin/launchctl. That was a way to say "this is an OS", but now is on the wrong side. Need a revise, please guys help to find a way compatible with old OSes and we can make appear CTM, the prefpanel .. (rc scrips?) only if some conditions are met, i.e. only on the right partition!

Hi guys,

So...looks like my problem with boot6/boot7 was actually not a problem with either one of them. I've made a build with both, so I can test them one by one. I can boot quite fine with either one of them. With one condition: correct drivers!

And one (recommended) driver in particular is actually causing me both the "not found" error, and the following red text screen: XhciDxe.efi. No wonder I didn't have this issue with 3911. I don't remember seeing it there.

Can we make this optional not recommended?

Also, the issue I've mentioned before with the embedded theme? Yeah, it's still there, but only when booting with BiosBlockIO. When booting with SATA, no issues whatsoever.

Edited by arsradu

This is what I have in the System partition ( - Data) by looking it from mojave:

.				Library
..				System
.DS_Store			Users
.DocumentRevisions-V100		Volumes
.PKInstallSandboxManager	cores
.Spotlight-V100			home
.TempReceipt.bom		mnt
.TemporaryItems			opt
.Trashes			private
.fseventsd			sw
Applications			usr

8 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Can we make this optional not recommended?

It's why I made it selected only if the package was never installed. Anyway if you deselect it and re run the installer the choice will no longer be activated. Is also true that most of the people may need it..... maybe guys with very old motherboards.

I use no one of them

Edited by vector sigma

1 minute ago, vector sigma said:

It's why I made it selected only if the package was never installed, and I use no one of them. Anyway if you deselect it and re run the installer the choice will no longer be activated. Is also true that most of the people may need it.

Well, yeah, I made a "clean install", so that one was checked by default. And...now I'm curious if anyone else booting in Legacy mode had/has this issue with this particular driver.

Just now, arsradu said:

Well, yeah, I made a "clean install", so that one was checked by default. And...now I'm curious if anyone else booting in Legacy mode had/has this issue with this particular driver.

We can just remove it from BIOS drivers?

4 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

We can just remove it from BIOS drivers?

If no one is using it...in my opinion, yes. I mean, if it's causing more problems than it solves, and especially since this seems to be a new addition, either not make it checked by default, ooor...yeah, remove it.

It's only my opinion though. So...if anyone else has a better idea, we can discuss it. But I've spent a looot of time debugging this issue. When it wasn't even caused by either of the two boot files. Turns out I can boot just fine with either SATA or BiosBlockIO. But I can't boot with that driver.

Edited by arsradu

31 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Ok that make sense. The option is enabled/selectable only if the target volume contains /bin/launchctl. That was a way to say "this is an OS", but now is on the wrong side. Need a revise, please guys help to find a way compatible with old OSes and we can make appear CTM, the prefpanel .. (rc scrips?) only if some conditions are met, i.e. only on the right partition!

I thought we can't check/tick Preference pane because Catalina Disk - Data don't have "System/Library/PreferencePanes" directory.

Anyway, i have solved my problem about empty app in /Applications.
image.thumb.png.26820ca7788f053a5e0ea31788000115.png
ReRun Install macOS Catalina.app is the only solution :D

• Like 1

Guys, want a tool to build Clover wihin Clover itself?? Ok update and:

cd Clover
./buildme

What it does?

Anything special other then call make if you already have every things in place (nasm and gettext), otherwise installs them in ../src/opt/local/bin/

WARNING: by updating edk2, the old repo will be replaced with the content of the zipped release found at tianocore/edk2/release. Now is set to use vUDK2018, but is ready to use the new one, i.e. edk2-stable201905 that actually require new Patches_for_EDK2 before be functional.

Better than use svn or git? Yes! no headcache to find the right revision just because we use stable and released software. Plus is faster to checkout.

Patches are applied automatically based on the fact that edk2/BaseTools/Conf/tools_def.txt exists and or contains or not the XCODE8 toolchain.

Want to try before using it dayly? Set up Clover to your Desktop (one line command):

mkdir -p $HOME/Desktop/src/edk2 && cd $HOME/Desktop/src/edk2 && svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/ Clover

double click on ~/Desktop/src/edk2/Clover/buildme

----------------------------------------------------------
buildme Beta, Clover v2.5k r5017
EDKII in use: vUDK2018
Patches in use: Patches_for_UDK2018

1) build Clover	  3) make iso	    5) update edk2
2) make pkg	  4) update Clover  6) Quit
Please enter your choice: 

is Beta, let see if it's usefull.

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Guys, want a tool to build Clover wihin Clover itself?? Ok update and:

cd Clover
./buildme

What it does?

Anything special other then call make if you already have every things in place (nasm and gettext), otherwise installs them in ../src/opt/local/bin/

WARNING: by updating edk2, the old repo will be replaced with the content of the zipped release found at tianocore/edk2/release. Now is set to use vUDK2018, but is ready to use the new one, i.e. edk2-stable201905 that actually require new Patches_for_EDK2 before be functional.

Better than use svn or git? Yes! no headcache to find the right revision just because we use stable and released software. Plus is faster to checkout.

Patches are applied automatically based on the fact that edk2/BaseTools/Conf/tools_def.txt exists and or contains or not the XCODE8 toolchain.

Want to try before using it dayly? Set up Clover to your Desktop (one line command):

mkdir -p $HOME/Desktop/src/edk2 && cd $HOME/Desktop/src/edk2 && svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/ Clover

double click on ~/Desktop/src/edk2/Clover/buildme

----------------------------------------------------------
buildme Beta, Clover v2.5k r5017
EDKII in use: vUDK2018
Patches in use: Patches_for_UDK2018

1) build Clover	  3) make iso	    5) update edk2
2) make pkg	  4) update Clover  6) Quit
Please enter your choice: 

is Beta, let see if it's usefull.

Get some error here,,, 
Step :
after run BuildMe,,, i type 5. After finish i type 1 and enter,, result as below
image.png.ea5653be65981bb161566d34accf3cf3.png