Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

please don't joke a heart attack could occur :hysterical:

God forbid! We still need you around here. :))) So you need to be well and healthy. :P

One more question for you...

Uhm, if you switch configs in CloverV2/EFI (or if you just edit config-sample) and set your Theme to anything other than embedded, when building iso (probably pkg, as well, but I only tried iso), it switches it back to embedded. This didn't happen before.

2145081135_Screenshot2019-07-14at15_35_45.thumb.png.97dd05b4c34decbdd015474e606fde6a.png

2113035119_Screenshot2019-07-14at15_35_25.thumb.png.701d7a4e77a1f78edaeca9b1c0af0fd1.png

Is this intended...? Cause it's weird. And kind of annoying. Cause embedded theme has some issues booting Legacy (broken OS icons).

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Is this intended...? Cause it's weird. And kind of annoying. Cause embedded theme has some issues booting UEFI (broken OS icons).

@Slice changes the default theme from 'Clovy' to 'embedded':

THEME=embedded

I added code to change GUI->theme to the desired one in config:

$plistbuddy -c "Delete :GUI:Theme" "${IMGROOT}/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist" &>/dev/null
$plistbuddy -c "Add :GUI:Theme string $THEME" "${IMGROOT}/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist" &>/dev/null

otherwise the theme will not be loaded. So yes is it intended.

EDIT

Personally I like BGM

Edited by vector sigma

6 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@Slice changes the default theme from 'Clovy' to 'embedded':

THEME=embedded

I added code to change GUI->theme to the desired one in config:

$plistbuddy -c "Delete :GUI:Theme" "${IMGROOT}/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist" &>/dev/null
$plistbuddy -c "Add :GUI:Theme string $THEME" "${IMGROOT}/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist" &>/dev/null

otherwise the theme will not be loaded. So yes is it intended.

EDIT

Personally I like BGM

Well that's the one I was trying to use at first. But...it would always switch it back to embedded. Which, as I said, needs some fixing. Since OS icons are not loading in Clover GUI with that one. So I tried to switch to Clovy instead. But it would always switch back to embedded when building iso.

IMG_0005.thumb.jpeg.d1fd7959066a4c3bfb4a4a9311d6b35a.jpeg

Edited by arsradu

Just now, arsradu said:

Well that's the one I was trying to use at first. But...it would always switch it back to embedded. Which, as I said, needs some fixing. Since OS icons are not loading in Clover GUI with that one.

I'm not familiar with theme editing, but is just a bug to be fixed.

• Like 1

On 4988 version i cannot open some apps like BetterZip i got a sign error 0x1 like if the app id bad signed and cannot start it. It happens also with others. Now i got back to 4982 version but same issue. Please what happened? Am i account blocked somehow or what?? Thanx im on last mojave version

58 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

See my EDIT After 5505

found why. Slice changed the CloverUpdaterUtility:

last_revision=$(LC_ALL=C $CURL --silent --fail --connect-timeout 30 \
 --max-time 60 "$CLOVER_LAST_VERSION_URL" 2>&1 |                    \
 $SED -nE 's#^.*Installer/Clover_v2.5k?_r([0-9]+).*#\1#p')

was:

last_revision=$(LC_ALL=C $CURL --silent --fail --connect-timeout 30 \
 --max-time 60 "$CLOVER_LAST_VERSION_URL" 2>&1 |                    \
 $SED -nE 's#^.*Installer/Clover_v2.4k?_r([0-9]+).*#\1#p')

v2.5k vs v2.4k

We have to do nothing, just wait last 'Release' to be 2.5k and then will be fine again.

EDIT

fixed at least the detection of the link in r5011, wainting a 2.5k release at sf

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Vampirexx said:

On 4988 version i cannot open some apps like BetterZip i got a sign error 0x1 like if the app id bad signed and cannot start it. It happens also with others. Now i got back to 4982 version but same issue. Please what happened? Am i account blocked somehow or what?? Thanx im on last mojave version

I guess Clover has nothing to do with this. Any way just open them the first time by mouse-right-click->open (mouse, tasto destro-> apri)

Edited by vector sigma
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanx Vector grazie! I tried also formatting and restoring all by timemachine and also only formatting without restoring im still stuck with this problem so that’s why i tought it s a clover update issue. File hosts is clean so what might be? Any way to force resign app??

3 minutes ago, Vampirexx said:

Thanx Vector grazie! I tried also formatting and restoring all by timemachine and also only formatting without restoring im still stuck with this problem so that’s why i tought it s a clover update issue. File hosts is clean so what might be? Any way to force resign app??

Ciao, not sure if 'sudo spctl --master-disable' can help you. Anyway search in the appropriate sub Forum, someone will help you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vampirexx said:

It's not clover,

I have problem too with Movist 2.2.5 and Audirvana 3.5.13. 

I just delete it and install old Movist 2.1.5 (I check the appstore and the latest version of Movist is 2.1.5, really weird), then App running ok.

I got several App got crash about Signature Validation about 2 days ago. 

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 2

Sorry for dumb questions,,,

Can i use this link https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=282787&view=findpost&p=1853337 to build clover??? or you have another documentation to build?

Honestly, for several week i always download CLOVER from Did Builder github https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases

But maybe clover code is different now, so it can't make release anymore for every commit.

4 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Ciao, not sure if 'sudo spctl --master-disable' can help you. Anyway search in the appropriate sub Forum, someone will help you.

I have questions,

Conditions :
1. I have 2 macOS System, macOS Catalina and macOS Mojave
2. Each of macOS use separate physical disk (SSD)
3. Each of Physical disk have own EFI Partition

Issue :
I just want to install CLOVER in EFI of Catalina disk,

1. If i boot to Catalina, select Catalina partition system when install clover then check Preference Pane of Clover then Preference Pane will be available in System Preferences of Catalina
2. If i boot to Mojave, select Catalina Partition System (Because i just want install it in EFI of Catalina Disk) when install clover then check preference pane of clover then preference pane will be not available in System Preference of Mojave (it looks in Clover package copied Preference Pane to Catalina System)

Of course i can manually copied Preference Pane to Mojave Partiton/Library/PreferencePanes, but i can't check update. Did i make wrong step???

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I have questions,

Conditions :
1. I have 2 macOS System, macOS Catalina and macOS Mojave
2. Each of macOS use separate physical disk (SSD)
3. Each of Physical disk have own EFI Partition

Issue :
I just want to install CLOVER in EFI of Catalina disk,

1. If i boot to Catalina, select Catalina partition system when install clover then check Preference Pane of Clover then Preference Pane will be available in System Preferences of Catalina
2. If i boot to Mojave, select Catalina Partition System (Because i just want install it in EFI of Catalina Disk) when install clover then check preference pane of clover then preference pane will be not available in System Preference of Mojave (it looks in Clover package copied Preference Pane to Catalina System)

Of course i can manually copied Preference Pane to Mojave Partiton/Library/PreferencePanes, but i can't check update. Did i make wrong step???

If you just want Clover installed on Catalina's SSD...why are you even bothering installing it in Mojave?

You can still boot your Mojave installation using Catalina's SSD. No need to install Clover on your Mojave SSD, as well.

Edited by arsradu

@fusion71auI missed your reply, sorry.

Yeah, I use CsrActiveConfig=0x3E7 (and similar patterns on 3 diff bootloaders including Enoch r2922) and having no issue with SIP since 10.15 Beta 3. Already run csrutil disable from RecHD as well.

What made me bit weird is, (not sure since which rev but I got it when installing r4999) new osascript tried to does something to filesystem when Clover installation. I didn't get it from prev. Clover revs, just run, instalation complete, done. But later on $ sudo mount -uw / gives nothing with those script so.. Clover installation can not proceeded under Catalina.

Honestly, it' s not big deal as Vector has said already he'll take a look and could be fixed later LOL, even manual copy-paste from Clover*.iso with UEFI is enough on my mach. But I'm just, uhmmb.. curious why if the filesystem restriction comes from OS it's self, Clover does something with it? Is that auto mount -uw / script on LaunchAgents / LaunchDaemons no longer working with (official) APFS? Thanks.

#EDIT: My last trial is r5015 BTW, now I'm having "Javascript error" prevents installation proceed on normal 10.13.6 HFS+ (and also 10.11.6 under VM which I don't know how to convert it into APFS). Do I need removing Java on macOS first or what? On 10.15 still osascript (or whatever function checker on Distribution) prevents installation with read-write error for HFS+ (which no issue before those script introduced). Thanks for osascript anyway.

Edited by Badruzeus

10 hours ago, arsradu said:

If you just want Clover installed on Catalina's SSD...why are you even bothering installing it in Mojave?

You can still boot your Mojave installation using Catalina's SSD. No need to install Clover on your Mojave SSD, as well.

Yes, you're right, The problem is i just want to use Clover Preference Pane in Mojave and Catalina. 

14 minutes ago, Alpha22 said:

question: if I use VirtualSMC.kext I have to put it in the Bios VirtualSmc.efi folder or I have to put it in the Uefi folder
Thank you

I though you need to read this,, https://github.com/andreszerocross/VirtualSMC/blob/master/Docs/FAQ.md   especially at the image below 
image.png.a2aa031ce1c210efc7d839d510a05e9f.png

Just depend if you boot in Legacy Mode (EFI/CLOVER/Drivers/BIOS) or UEFI Mode (EFI/CLOVER/Drivers/UEFI)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply

boot is UEFI

VirtualSMC.efi module is recommended for boot.efi compatibility when FileVault 2 is enabled. SMCHelper-64.efi is not compatible with VirtualSMC.efi and must be removed.

FileVault 2 is not enabled I have to use SMCHelper-64.efi or I have to delete it

Ah nevermind, I finally am able to proceed r5015 instalation on HFS+ 10.11.6, 10.13.6, 10.14.6 and 10.15 Beta after removing this line from Distribution package. And the *.plist for auto "$ sudo mount -uw /" on every boot is still working under 10.15 APFS. Have a nice day.

<installation-check script="checkFileSystemIsWritable()"/>

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1