Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2019 at 8:01 PM, arsradu said:

"drivers" for Duet.

"driversUEFI" (or "UEFIdrivers", as you wish) for UEFI.

Done, old or new should make no difference. The installer take care of the migration.

On 7/6/2019 at 5:44 AM, Slice said:

We should keep retro compatibility.

One more wish. Can we include the command

sudo mount -uw /

into install script for Catalina compatibility?

done

Also I reorganized all the drivers in the installer and I hope you like it. Also vboxhfs and hfsplus are now auto excluding them self. Please test it on a USB pen drive and let me know. Unfortunately I'm in rush and I've to go... so any commit is postponed at tomorrow... sorry but I've just finish the job with some tests but no other time.

Edited by vector sigma
package removed. Changes committed to r4983
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Done, old or new should make no difference. The installer take care of the migration.

done

Also I reorganized all the drivers in the installer and I hope you like it. Also vboxhfs and hfsplus are now auto excluding them self. Please test it on a USB pen drive and let me know. Unfortunately I'm in rush and I've to go... so any commit is postponed at tomorrow... sorry but I've just finish the job with some tests but no other time.

Clover_v2.4k_r4979.zip

That...is beautiful. That's pretty much what I had in mind. Well done.

Will test it out and let you know. Also, no worries. And no rush. We've got plenty of time. :) 

Edited by arsradu

On 7/4/2019 at 8:17 PM, vector sigma said:

Hi @Slice and all, I need testers for the attached package that has a new abilities:

1. MemoryFix group where OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv.efi and OsxLowMemFixDrv.efi now reside. Only one driver is selectable. A preinstall script, if any of them is selected, will remove any drivers named *memoryfix*, *aptiofix* or *memfix*, i.e. each old memory fix drivers will be deleted. Nothing will happen if you use AptioMemoryFix.efi and you selected none of them but mind that the package will record if you previously selected one of them..
  2. The package during the installation now rename drivers by removing the -64 suffix, i.e., DataHubDxe-64.efi will be DataHubDxe.efi.
  3. I have a commit ready where ebuild.sh now no longer uses the -64 suffix, no downloadable drivers (bye bye --ext-pre, --ext-co etc.), only one used by Clover and where I've completely eradicated each sign of 32 bit.

Please guys test and report back, thanks! Later I'll post the changes...

Clover_v2.4k_r4979.pkg.zip

whit this new version I have no lucky ... see this error...   

I made a mistake? ... I have installed the new version as before.

IMG_2430.JPG

Edited by corint1

18 hours ago, vector sigma said:

done

Clover_v2.4k_r4979.zip

Hi Vector!

There seem to be some weird differences between SSD installation and USB installation. In the sense that, for USB installation, some of the bugs below do not occur. Not sure why...

For example, for USB installation, bug #1 (aside form the typo, which occurs no matter what), does not occur.

So...here's what I managed to find so far with this build:

1. (occurs only when installing on SSD)

Previously installed Recommended drivers are not kept selected when reinstalling/upgrading the app (same issue we had with Memory Fixes, only that one is now fixed). Probably the same MarkChoice issue as before.

Reinstall on the SSD:

1889271097_Screenshot2019-07-07at12_56_50.thumb.png.42aabe63769ba4990f73d86e9461e180.png

Reinstall on the USB:

1020086629_Screenshot2019-07-07at12_56_15.thumb.png.e634c41b305d22421efecf5d191095b3.png

Typo (for both SSD & USB): it should be "recommended" not "reccomended". 

2. (occurs for both SSD and USB)

Themes recommendation: Themes section is displayed above UEFI Drivers section in the old installer. Now it's displayed as the last one in the list. Not a big issue, but I would suggest keeping Themes above PrefPane. That would make more sense to me...

3. (occurs for both SSD and USB)

FSInject not checked by default on first install, although it is one of the mandatory drivers. And it is kept on reinstall. Just not added by default.

Extras:

4. Do we ship with HFSPlus (for as far as I know it's not supposed to be included), or is this just for testing?

5. No FakeSMC.kext included with this build...? I think it should be included starting with version 4961.

4 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

Use AptioMemoryFix, not AptioFix

I;m not rename any file... my file is AptioMemoryFix nop AptipMemoryFix ... something is wrong with code .... please check image .. I just install what I'm downloaded from link . 

Edited by corint1

On 7/6/2019 at 2:57 AM, vector sigma said:

When I'll fix a stupid problem, for you will be easy:

don't install any of OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv.efi or OsxLowMemFixDrv.efi and your driver will never be touched. 

Is clear that if you install them instead, your driver will be deleted (or to saying better is moved to the backup directory) because is conflictual.

right. there is no problem. thank you so much vector.

hope add this command

sudo mount -uw /

sudo killall Finder

I have an odd question. I've been trying to make a USB booter of Clover and on several different USB flash drives, Clover has not created an EFI partition even though I have selected Install on ESP on several, but not all the drives. I have reformatted more than once and in more than one format to try wipe out any weirdness.

Has anyone else encountered this?

23 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

I have an odd question. I've been trying to make a USB booter of Clover and on several different USB flash drives, Clover has not created an EFI partition even though I have selected Install on ESP on several, but not all the drives. I have reformatted more than once and in more than one format to try wipe out any weirdness.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Hi

Clover don't create EFI partition, only copy files. You're to choose: install for UEFI  and Install in ESP for your usb drive (GPT/ macOS journalized)

22 hours ago, corint1 said:

I;m not rename any file... my file is AptioMemoryFix nop AptipMemoryFix ... something is wrong with code .... please check image .. I just install what I'm downloaded from link . 

Yes, this is misprint in Clover. I will correct it soon.

But it is not influence on the error. You should choose other MemoryFix driver.

Hi Clover Team

macOS Catalina introduce Read Only. There is a problem with actual Clover Package, solved by Terminal command or else. But there is also a issue with EFI-Backup Folder: content can't be delete for same reason (read only)

I hope for a new commit for those two issues. Please.

Capture d’écran 2019-07-08 à 15.26.59.png

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 11:14 AM, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Clover don't create EFI partition, only copy files. You're to choose: install for UEFI  and Install in ESP for your usb drive (GPT/ macOS journalized)

That is what I always thought. So I am guessing this is some sort of macOS weirdness? (see attached)

Terminal Saved Output.txt

On 7/7/2019 at 12:13 PM, arsradu said:

There seem to be some weird differences between SSD installation and USB installation. In the sense that, for USB installation, some of the bugs below do not occur. Not sure why...

For example, for USB installation, bug #1 (aside form the typo, which occurs no matter what), does not occur.

So...here's what I managed to find so far with this build:

1. (occurs only when installing on SSD)

Fixed. 

Typo (for both SSD & USB): it should be "recommended" not "reccomended". 

Fixed.

FSInject not checked by default on first install, although it is one of the mandatory drivers. And it is kept on reinstall. Just not added by default.

Fixed.

4. Do we ship with HFSPlus (for as far as I know it's not supposed to be included), or is this just for testing?

Just for my tests.

5. No FakeSMC.kext included with this build...? I think it should be included starting with version 4961.

Never included in the pkg, it's there for a long time just for the iso image. Slice just update it.

On 7/7/2019 at 1:02 PM, Sherlocks said:

hope add this command

sudo mount -uw /

sudo killall Finder

Already there and working. But no 'killall Finder' it is really unpleasant

On 7/8/2019 at 3:27 PM, Matgen84 said:

macOS Catalina introduce Read Only. There is a problem with actual Clover Package, solved by Terminal command or else. But there is also a issue with EFI-Backup Folder: content can't be delete for same reason (read only)

Latest pkg can! But you have to ignore the message that says "Installer has detected a read only file system..bla bla.." because what you see is a message from Installer.app located at:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app

and the message you see is just because he don't know that our preinstall script is going to check the file system and make it rw if isn't:

if [ "${DEST_VOL}" == "/" ]; then
  # Check if the root file system is writable. In 10.15+ isn't
  if [ ! -w / ]; then mount -uw / ; fi
fi

tested and working!

On 7/5/2019 at 8:01 PM, arsradu said:

"drivers" for Duet.

"driversUEFI" (or "UEFIdrivers", as you wish) for UEFI.

I've changed idea at last:

drivers64 -> BiosDrivers
drivers64UEFI -> UEFIDrivers

probably you have to manually delete "drivers" and "driversUEFI" from the old test package. 

On 7/7/2019 at 7:50 AM, corint1 said:

whit this new version I have no lucky ... see this error...   

I made a mistake? ... I have installed the new version as before.

OsxAptioFix3 was working until Mojave for me, but just few minutes ago I tested it in Catalina and it fail. Need a fix  (@Slice)

Edited by vector sigma
attachment removed as Clover is under development

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

That is what I always thought. So I am guessing this is some sort of macOS weirdness? (see attached)

GPT don't have an ESP if the disk is  <=2 GB. It's also written to your log:

/dev/disk4 (external, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0 GB     disk4
   1:                  Apple_HFS Boot                    1.9 GB     disk4s1

...that disk4 doesn't have it. Take a 4 GB stick at least ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vector sigma said:

GPT don't have an ESP if the disk is  <=2 GB. It's also written to your log:

/dev/disk4 (external, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0 GB     disk4
   1:                  Apple_HFS Boot                    1.9 GB     disk4s1

...that disk4 doesn't have it. Take a 4 GB stick at least ;)

i tested lastest commit.

strangely i can't install only clover without terminal command. 

also i have a question. previous clover package have checked default driver. there is no default driver in new package. is it right?

Guys I need your help, I'm trying to debug a problem and the only variables remaining are a custom kernel and clover. When I try to boot to high Sierra with a custom kernel with the latest clover it hangs with a "kextd stall [0]: AppleACPICPU" message while if I use the old 4392 the pc boots. I have the same kexts in /kext/others and the same efi files in driver64uefi. What am I missing? 

Edited by innerd

2 hours ago, innerd said:

Guys I need your help, I'm trying to debug a problem and the only variables remaining are a custom kernel and clover. When I try to boot to high Sierra with a custom kernel with the latest clover it hangs with a "kextd stall [0]: AppleACPICPU" message while if I use the old 4392 the pc boots. I have the same kexts in /kext/others and the same efi files in driver64uefi. What am I missing? 

Different config, different ACPI files.

Make preboot.log by F2 key with old and with new Clover and compare.

8 hours ago, ellaosx said:

How come there is no AptioMemoryFix in the new package?

It wasn't included with newer packages anymore. That's kind of the idea. To stick to default Clover drivers. If you have AptioMemoryFix installed already, and you don't check for installation any of the other Memory Fix drivers (such as OsXAptioFix3Drv), it will be kept installed. If you choose one of them, AptioMemoryFix will be removed (and replaced with whichever AptioFix you choose) in order to avoid conflicts.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

strangely i can't install only clover without terminal command. 

i'm still in Beta1. So it's working for me because of this? ... to night I'll update to Beta 3 and see what's.. Anyway I consider only the root volume ("/") and not if you install Clover from another partition as from Maojave the Catalina partition is read/write in Beta 1 ... can be this the problem?

17 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

also i have a question. previous clover package have checked default driver. there is no default driver in new package. is it right?

No, the installer activate them by default if Clover was never installed, i.e. if ../Library/Preferences/com.projectosx.clover.installer.plist doesn't exist. Due to the fact that I changed something at least once you have to mark chekboxes. Next run will be ok.

The proof is by deleting com.projectosx.clover.installer.plist and you will see them activated. Little price for this migration.

P.S. my system works very well without any of the "Recommended drivers", those who once was "Mandatory".

12 hours ago, ellaosx said:

How come there is no AptioMemoryFix in the new package?

You can see it in the Clover repository?

12 hours ago, daliansky said:

Xnip2019-07-09_11-48-05.thumb.png.1de176ce3798ddd3e03c41588c62d37a.png

Ask the developer of your script to update it. drivers64/drivers64UEFI are no longer in use. It's written just few posts ago.

9 hours ago, Slice said:

Missing drivers in ISO, only drivers-Off

Снимок экрана 2019-07-09 в 9.16.08.png

I'll fix it tonight, I didn't even tried it, sorry.

4 hours ago, arsradu said:

It wasn't included with newer packages anymore. That's kind of the idea. To stick to default Clover drivers. If you have AptioMemoryFix installed already, and you don't check for installation any of the other Memory Fix drivers (such as OsXAptioFix3Drv), it will be kept installed. If you choose one of them, AptioMemoryFix will be removed in order not to avoid conflicts.

Right! Also AptioMemoryFix is a fork of OsxAptioFix included and created in Clover. So later I'll port the changes... as soon as I have time.

Edited by vector sigma
typo
  • Like 2