Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Badruzeus:

I truly do not appreciate the tone of your post. I have been hackintoshing for well over 10 years and know a little about what I'm doing. I've successfully built at least three hackintoshes over the years.

No, I do not have a anything in L/E or S/L/E from any other install. The only place FakeSMC is located is in the Other folder of the Clover EFI folder. All of my relevant/needed kexts are there.

If you would like to see logs I can certainly provide them. Preboot is attached to this post. You just have to ask, and since I wasn't having a problem, just an inquiry, I didn’t think I needed to provide any.

The point in my post is REGARDLESS of what the description says in the install, my machine boots successfully whether or not I had the "blah, blah, blah" kexts installed. And yes, iCloud, Messages, FaceTime all work either way as well. That's I wondered what was the purpose of them are.

And as for the other question about BIOS drivers, it looks like your installer doesn’t  show or provide them (unless they are not on the screenshot). Below is the default selections when you first click on customize. You can see that no BIOS driver is selected but UEFI drivers are. Even though this is a legacy mobo.

24237038_ScreenShot2019-02-04at9_33_18PM.jpg.fb08ff19872f48255dd81ab663330c12.jpg

I suggest you think about how you respond to posts and questions and try to be a little more respectful. In all the years I have been on these forums, no one has responded in such a disrespectful way.

prebootlog.txt

Edited by pkdesign
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

I truly do not appreciate the tone of your post. I have been hackintoshing for well over 10 years and know a little about what I'm doing. I've successfully built at least three hackintoshes over the years.

Well yeah, you took it too... seriously #LoL..  just take it easy. OK?

10 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Maybe I missed it but can someone explain the need for FSInject and SMCHelper? I forgot to install them the last time and my machine boots and works just fine? Are they unnecessary for non-UEFI mobos? Or is it just not needed for High Sierra?

There're Descriptions on Clover installer, but devs maybe could explain them better.

Uhmmb, thanks for the log.. it said that FSInject & SMCHelper are loaded on your Legacy mach:

1:703  0:000  Starting Clover revision: 4871 on CLOVER EFI
1:791  0:000  Loading FSInject-64.efi  status=Success
1:791  0:000  Loading SMCHelper-64.efi  status=Success
12:178  0:000  Beginning FSInjection
FSInjectionInstall ...
- Our FSI_SIMPLE_FILE_SYSTEM_PROTOCOL installed on handle: CF3F9398
FSInjectionInstall ...
- Our FSI_SIMPLE_FILE_SYSTEM_PROTOCOL installed on handle: CF3F9398
12:179  0:001  ** Warning: Your MLB is not suitable for iMessage(must be 17 chars long) !
12:179  0:000  Use origin smbios table type 1 guid.
12:179  0:000  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
12:179  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext (v.1800)
12:192  0:012  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext (v.1800)
12:204  0:011  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext (v.1800)
12:213  0:008  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext (v.1800)
12:222  0:009  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\realtekALC.kext (v.1.0)
12:227  0:005  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext (v.1800)
12:237  0:009  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext (v.1800)
12:246  0:009  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13

..and you're right, FakeSMC & realtekALC are located on ..\kexts\Other (not LE/SLE).

For a test, remove ..\drivers64\FSInject.efi and also rebuild prelinkedkernel & kernelcache on System; you could answer the question your self then. On my case with Legacy & UEFI; they're still needed (if my Blah blah blah kexts that I want to load; are located on ..\efi\clover\kexts\...) #CMIIW.

And as for the other question about BIOS drivers, it looks like your installer doesn’t  show or provide them (unless they are not on the screenshot).

Yep, on my case "Clover for UEFI booting only" option is selected, so "BIOS Drivers" are hidden. I still need them when booting on Legacy mode #BTW (with UEFI unchecked).

I suggest you think about how you respond to posts and questions and try to be a little more respectful. In all the years I have been on these forums, no one has responded in such a disrespectful way.

I respect your post on the contrary. Ah OK, nice suggestions.. I think we have different moods  #ATM, or perspective.. not sure. What I could say is; there was misunderstanding about something so.. sorry for that. Keep hacking.

#EDIT: Honestly, I planned to remove my prev. post.. but I just realized that you've QUOTEd it before this one so.. #nevermind, I'll let ppl know my mistake then.. no worry.

Edited by Badruzeus

So i'm not sure where to post this but it may be clover related.

I am hoping the screen says what it needs too, iStat menus and IPG are both showing different CPU frequencies and i'm not sure why.

2008850902_ScreenShot2019-02-05at7_41_34pm.thumb.png.9be25d5d37f099e30c431f737b9a203e.png

Also with corsair iCue running IPG gets pinned at 4ghz while iStat shows differently.

1727277581_ScreenShot2019-02-05at7_49_04pm.thumb.png.6f1fc3dbb34a469c84184078f4d80c16.png

Is this all cosmetic or do i have an issue?

runme.app files attached.

Send me iMac.zip

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Well yeah, you took it too... seriously #LoL..  just take it easy. OK?

I respect your post on the contrary. Ah OK, nice suggestions.. I think we have different moods  #ATM, or perspective.. not sure. What I could say is; there was misunderstanding about something so.. sorry for that. Keep hacking.

#EDIT: Honestly, I planned to remove my prev. post.. but I just realized that you've QUOTEd it before this one so.. #nevermind, I'll let ppl know my mistake then.. no worry.

Not a problem. Clearly a misunderstanding and miscommunication. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 5:27 PM, pkdesign said:

Maybe I missed it but can someone explain the need for FSInject and SMCHelper? I forgot to install them the last time and my machine boots and works just fine? Are they unnecessary for non-UEFI mobos? Or is it just not needed for High Sierra?

Also, not sure if this is really a needed fix but...when I got to install Clover, UEFI drivers are check by default and no BIOS drivers are checked even though the installer has "Clover EFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO" checked by default. So I assume the installer knows this is a legacy BIOS install.

I always have to uncheck the UEFI drivers and check the BIOS drivers I need.

FSInject used for Clover feature ForceInjectKext which allows to load system kexts like for exmaple AMD9000Controller even if it not matched the card. I am not sure if it is still necessary.

SMCHelper keeps some SMC keys left by FakeSMC to be used by boot.efi in case of Hibernation or FileVault2. Other cases SMC not used.

If you use VirtualSMC.kext then you have to replace SMCHelper.efi to VirtualSMC.efi which does the same but in pair with own kext.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:21 AM, SavageAUS said:

So i'm not sure where to post this but it may be clover related.

I am hoping the screen says what it needs too, iStat menus and IPG are both showing different CPU frequencies and i'm not sure why.

Also with corsair iCue running IPG gets pinned at 4ghz while iStat shows differently.

Is this all cosmetic or do i have an issue?

runme.app files attached.

Send me iMac.zip

I think IPG is right.

• Like 5

I think IPG is right.

Are you able to check my files and tell me if everything is ok?

Also with plugintype = true on my laptop my graphics runs at .55 instead of .20 even at idle is this by design of the plugintype setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an interesting thing happen to me. Wondering if anyone else has this issue or cares to test. I am using Goldfish's implementation of the boot chime.

I needed to boot into the Recovery partition of my drive (as well as a DriveWarrior boot USB). When I selected either of those drives at Clover GUI, I got the "red screen of death" immediately. I had seen that before while testing the chime. I realized that I could only boot into the main boot drive of my system.

So i deleted AudioDxe.efi and BootChimeDxe.efi from Clover drivers64 folder and then had no problems booting into any drive attached to my computer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pkdesign said:

I had an interesting thing happen to me. Wondering if anyone else has this issue or cares to test. I am using Goldfish's implementation of the boot chime.

I needed to boot into the Recovery partition of my drive (as well as a DriveWarrior boot USB). When I selected either of those drives at Clover GUI, I got the "red screen of death" immediately. I had seen that before while testing the chime. I realized that I could only boot into the main boot drive of my system.

So i deleted AudioDxe.efi and BootChimeDxe.efi from Clover drivers64 folder and then had no problems booting into any drive attached to my computer.

So I have a question. If you install back AudioDxe.efi from Clover package and not BootChimeXXX will you have a problem with recovery?

20 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Are you able to check my files and tell me if everything is ok?

Also with plugintype = true on my laptop my graphics runs at .55 instead of .20 even at idle is this by design of the plugintype setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plugin-type produces the difference what method for speedstep will be used. By Apple...kext or by xcpm in kernel.

I will not reproduce your result because I have no iStat and no wish to acquire it. I am using HWMonitorSMC2 by Vector_Sigma and I know it shows the same result as IPG.

• Like 2

Plugin-type produces the difference what method for speedstep will be used. By Apple...kext or by xcpm in kernel.

I will not reproduce your result because I have no iStat and no wish to acquire it. I am using HWMonitorSMC2 by Vector_Sigma and I know it shows the same result as IPG.

Slice i got new problem, i used Clover r4871

1. If i boot from Clover and select windows, then My High Definition Audio Controller get "!" mark. "This device cannot start". And my internal speaker won't work, just Hdmi. No playback output device for my Onboard audio. But,

2. If i boot from "Windows boot manager" then Audio is working normally.

Boot to linux and mac/hackintosh from Clover have good audio (no problem).

What's file or log should i upload???

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Update :

Try to delete AudioDxe.efi and it working fine when boot to windows.

And i try to use AudioDxe-64.efi from Clover Package and problem back again.

AudioDxe.efi from clover package or GoldFish64 can cause this issue with uefi boot. Maybe it can cause by clover too, idk. I am not expert in c++

Update :

Try to use AudioDxe-64.efi (from Clover Package) / AudioDXE.efi (Goldfish64) with PlayAsync = False. Then Audio Controller in windows work again (boot windows from GUI CLOVER).

If i set PlayAsync = True then Audio Controller in windows broken again.

Thanks you

Update :

Use AudioDXE from Clover Package or GoldFish64 with PlayAsync = True, but i am waiting until audio sound is finish played. Then boot into windows and audio controller is work normally, BUT

If i press enter in windows before audio playback finish (immediately press enter in Windows partition) then audio controller is broken)

I used sound.wav and sound_night.wav with 40 seconds durations (it'just for fun).

Thank you

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

2 minutes ago, Slice said:

May be there is a way to reset hda controller in windows?

And yes, it will be good to make SoundStop before boot windows.

I don't know how to reset HDA Controller in Windows :D

But i will take "make SoundStop before boot windows" as my temporary solution :)

13 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Sorry @Slice can you provide prebuilt Clover binaries?

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot 5.png

I can't built it,, always failed with Clobber (it works until r4871) :D

Can you upload prebuilt ones r4874  @Badruzeus ???

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

But wait,, it looks i make some mistake. It still boot from r4871. Please wait

14 minutes ago, arsradu said:

@Badruzeus in case you need a build for testing, here's 4874. I don't really need it for myself. Just built it for you guys so you can test.

Clover_v2.4k_r4874.pkg

It's look your pkg can't be opened by Pacifist??? And when i install it,, Last modified of Cloverx64.efi is not change. Can you check it again?

4 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

But wait,, it looks i make some mistake. It still boot from r4871. Please wait

It's look your pkg can't be opened by Pacifist??? And when i install it,, Last modified of Cloverx64.efi is not change. Can you check it again?

It installed just fine on my side. But after reboot, indeed it says last booted version 4871.

I'll build again, this time by deleting and rebuilding the entire work environment, rather than just upgrading from the previous version.

I'll let you know when done.