Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

@Slice Still the same. When booting directly, without timeout, the sound is playing (90% of it - it's cut at the end) and keeps looping until the 2nd stage. It also happens when I confirm boot selection quickly while the sound is playing. It looks like booting boot.efi, when the sound is still playing is locking audio buffer somehow. Take a look on these videos below please. 

1 hour ago, bidero said:

Still the same. When booting directly, without timeout, the sound is playing (90% of it - it's cut at the end) and keeps looping until the 2nd stage. It also happens when I confirm boot selection quickly while the sound is playing. It looks like booting boot.efi, when the sound is still playing is locking audio buffer somehow. Take a look on these videos below please. 

Hey, at least you get to enjoy that nice quality sound. Over and over again. :))

Update: by the way, I just compiled and tested 4868, replaced AudioDxe upon installation and set PlayAsync=True. No issues on my side. The sound plays only once, the UI shows up a little faster, and everything alright from that point forward.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Hey, at least you get to enjoy that nice quality sound. Over and over again. :))

Update: by the way, I just compiled and tested 4868, replaced AudioDxe upon installation and set PlayAsync=True. No issues on my side. The sound plays only once, the UI shows up a little faster, and everything alright from that point forward.

Yeah, I love this sound but after so many reboots I think I will have enough of it ;) 

Could you do a little test and set timeout to 0 in config.plist and let clover skip GUI?

4 minutes ago, bidero said:

Yeah, I love this sound but after so many reboots I think I will have enough of it ;) 

Could you do a little test and set timeout to 0 in config.plist and let clover skip GUI?

Yep, setting it to Timeout = 0 will indeed cause the chime to go into a loop. And indeed, it will only play like 90% of it at a time.

I place long sound file into my theme and boot with it. PlayAsync.

Music is playing.

I choose a system, press details, set verbose, start macOS with selected option.

Music continue playing.

boot.efi started and shows ++++++++

Music continue playing.

kernel started, and I see running lines on the screen about loaded kexts

Music continue playing until some of them and finally shut up. I think because of VoodooHDA started.

All is good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slice said:

I place long sound file into my theme and boot with it. PlayAsync.

Music is playing.

I choose a system, press details, set verbose, start macOS with selected option.

Music continue playing.

boot.efi started and shows ++++++++

Music continue playing.

kernel started, and I see running lines on the screen about loaded kexts

Music continue playing until some of them and finally shut up. I think because of VoodooHDA started.

All is good.

But will it play if you set timeout to 0?

4 minutes ago, bidero said:

But will it play if you set timeout to 0?

I didn't tested because I never set timeout 0. I want to see Clover. Timeout=2 is not long delay compared to booting OS.

Logically thinking sound must play up to kernel started so with timeout=0 as well.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Slice said:

I didn't tested because I never set timeout 0. I want to see Clover. Timeout=2 is not long delay compared to booting OS.

Logically thinking sound must play up to kernel started so with timeout=0 as well.

@SliceEven though I have never posted here, I'm visiting InsanelyMac daily since 2011. I really appreciate your contribution (I think we all do) and I know that without you and all you guys here, there would be no hackintosh community. However I'm really trying to understand such approach. Hopefully someday the issue will be resolved ;) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bidero said:

@SliceEven though I have never posted here, I'm visiting InsanelyMac daily since 2011. I really appreciate your contribution (I think we all do) and I know that without you and all you guys here, there would be no hackintosh community. However I'm really trying to understand such approach. Hopefully someday the issue will be resolved ;) 

If you don't want to hear sound then you have different approaches.Delete sound file or tune other output or set zero volume.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

If you don't want to hear sound then you have different approaches.Delete sound file or tune other output or set zero volume.

I think he only wants to skip over Clover's boot selection screen, while still keeping the startup sound. In other words, he does want to hear the sound, but he wants to skip the boot selection screen.

Pretty much like on real Macs. Basically select a default boot drive, and just skip Clover GUI and go straight to the Apple logo & loading animation.

But I don't know if that's possible with the current implementation. Or maybe it is possible and I don't know how... :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arsradu said:

Pretty much like on real Macs. Basically select a default boot drive, and just skip Clover GUI and go straight to the Apple logo & loading animation.

But I don't know if that's possible with the current implementation. Or maybe it is possible and I don't know how... :)

If Clover respects the boot order whenever set by SysPrefs > StartupDisk (this goes into a NVRAM setting IIRC) instead of its last booted volume flag, and does not detect a specific keyboard combination to either avoid auto-boot or to load into recovery mode (similar to what F5/F8 would do for Windows, or the command+R on the real deal). I'm not a low level programmer, but IMHO, it does not look hard to implement: Even Microsoft did that :hysterical:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Hi @Slice

There's GUI bug introduced since r4867 that "Text" position becomes Offset at 36px upper.

(Left img. Right is uncommitted). Thanks.

r4868.png

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice

Same issue here with PNG theme:

screenshot0.png

Should be resolved in 4870.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, arsradu said:

I think he only wants to skip over Clover's boot selection screen, while still keeping the startup sound. In other words, he does want to hear the sound, but he wants to skip the boot selection screen.

Thanks. That's exactly what I was trying to explain :) 

I got it working when I press ENTER on the drive to boot, and for me it's ok this way.

But I can't get the "output volume" to work. No matter the value I put... it will always play at maximum volume, and it's a huge BAAAAAMMMMMM!!!! :shock:

Anyone knows how to fix it? Using Clover r4862 and ALC1150.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that F7 sound preview is also not working for me.

Edited by prcmelo

I got it working when I press ENTER on the drive to boot, and for me it's ok this way.

But I can't get the "output volume" to work. No matter the value I put... it will always play at maximum volume, and it's a huge BAAAAAMMMMMM!!!! default_shock.gif

How have you tried to configure output volume? Clover GUI or UEFI shell with BootChimeCfg?

It may help to clean nvram variables for bootchime before setting new values.

ALC1150 works great on my board using BootChimeCfg to configure. Have yet to test clovers GUI to configure output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

How have you tried to configure output volume? Clover GUI or UEFI shell with BootChimeCfg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Savage!

In both ways, Clover GUI doesn't matter the value I pu there...

and with BootChimeCfg in UEFI Shell give me an error, something like "path not found", even with the file inside Clover Tools folder...

Shell> fs0:

fs0:> cd EFI\CLOVER\tools

fs0:EFI\CLOVER\tools>BootChimeCfg.efi (Here is where I can't go on, with an error)

I'm using this pattern:

if you want to one chime when pressing enter in macOS Partition then just use 
1. AudioDxe.efi
2. BootchimeDxe.efi
3. Don't put any sound wav file in theme folder

And using these files r4864_AudoDxe_Goldfish64.zip

50 minutes ago, prcmelo said:

Hi, Savage!

In both ways, Clover GUI doesn't matter the value I pu there...

and with BootChimeCfg in UEFI Shell give me an error, something like "path not found", even with the file inside Clover Tools folder...

Shell> fs0:

fs0:> cd EFI\CLOVER\tools

fs0:EFI\CLOVER\tools>BootChimeCfg.efi (Here is where I can't go on, with an error)

I'm using this pattern:

if you want to one chime when pressing enter in macOS Partition then just use 
1. AudioDxe.efi
2. BootchimeDxe.efi
3. Don't put any sound wav file in theme folder

And using these files r4864_AudoDxe_Goldfish64.zip

You have to find your Clover partition first. Especially if you've got multiple drives. Then cd into it.

FS0 is only an example. In my case, the Clover on my SSD is on FS11. So, check your partitions and choose the correct one.

In order to make sure you're on the right one, or at least on a partition that also has Clover on it, you can use the TAB key to autocomplete the path. IF it autocompletes the path when you type for example "cd EFI/CL...." and it autocompletes to "CLOVER", then you know you're in the right place. Or at least you're on a partition with Clover on it. Which is a good start.

You can use Clover Configurator for that. There might be easier ways to do this... This is just the one I used.

You need to find your boot partition first. In my case, it's on disk0s1. Then take a note of the Disk UUID. Then, when in Shell, try to see which partition has that UUID associated to it. Then you can use fs[number] and then continue with the rest of the tutorial.

1372263602_Screenshot2019-01-31at14_52_54.png.671842ee5c9a256dee1d724383d70059.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, arsradu said:

You have to find your Clover partition first. Especially if you've got multiple drives. Then cd into it.

FS0 is only an example. In my case, the Clover on my SSD is on FS11. So, check your partitions and choose the correct one.

In order to make sure you're on the right one, or at least on a partition that also has clover on it, you can use the TAB key to autocomplete the path. IF it autocompletes the path when you type for example "cd EFI/CL...." and it autocompletes to "CLOVER", then you know you're on the right place. Or at least you're on a partition with Clover on it. Which is a good start.

asradu...

Understood!!!! I'll check it later when in home and try to configure the output volume with BootChimeCfg.

Thanks a lot!!!! :yes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, prcmelo said:

But I can't get the "output volume" to work. No matter the value I put... it will always play at maximum volume, and it's a huge BAAAAAMMMMMM!!!! :shock:

Current revision 4870 has a big difference in sound support compared to 4862.

• Like 1