Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hi Slice, I'm not sure I need a connector patch for the ATI Radeon HD 5450 because I'm using it on a desktop using VGA cable to 1 monitor and it works fine.

Would I would like your input on is a sound lag problem I'm facing ever since switching to Clover from Chameleon. I noticed whenever there isn't a lot of CPU activity, the sound seems to lag with pops/clicks every so often when playing movies (mp4 files) using QuickLook as well as now with the DVD Player. Have you heard about or encountered such a problem yet? If so, can you give me any hints on how I could fix this.

Thanks again.

My Dumper

attachicon.gifArchivio.zip

No NullCPU indeed, maybe I was looking at a wrong dump last time?

I don't see anything useful. You have a correct SSDT with "plugin-type" 1 that should enable the use of the "X86PlatFormPlugin" power management kext. However your system still uses the old "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin". I cannot say why, sorry. If I find any clue later, I will post again.

No NullCPU indeed, maybe I was looking at a wrong dump last time?

I don't see anything useful. You have a correct SSDT with "plugin-type" 1 that should enable the use of the "X86PlatFormPlugin" power management kext. However your system still uses the old "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin". I cannot say why, sorry. If I find any clue later, I will post again.

Thanks anyway for trying

one thing, which is the syntax to allow clover self pecciare ApplePoweMan ...

Would I would like your input on is a sound lag problem I'm facing ever since switching to Clover from Chameleon. I noticed whenever there isn't a lot of CPU activity, the sound seems to lag with pops/clicks every so often when playing movies (mp4 files) using QuickLook as well as now with the DVD Player. Have you heard about or encountered such a problem yet? If so, can you give me any hints on how I could fix this.

Thanks again.

Are you using Macmini or MacPro in the SMBIOS section?

I have problems when using MacPro but its ok when using Macmini.

Might not help but worth a try...

@LedY - i had some issues (as did a few other laptop users) with sound and timed sync with Clover. I found that slowing down (override the automatically) calculated bus speed made things work fine.  Clover wanted to set BusSpeedHz at about 100300. crazy such as small value change made such a difference - strange but true! 

<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
<key>BusSpeedkHz</key>
<string>99700</string>
<key>CpuFrequencyMHz</key>
<string>2500</string>
<key>Turbo</key>
<true/>
</dict>

I registered an account at projectosx forum but cannot post an reply or thread there. Can you help me post an reply and uploaded my boot.log there?

Hello,

I was in same situation, i simply forgot to reply "Quiz" some questions to validate your account.

Regards

Fred

Hello World, 

I have successfully migrated from chameleon to Clover and love it. I have used a macmini 6,2 profile. One thing I noticed is I have 2 displays showing up. 

My card is a XFX 6870 .. with graphicenabler = no it corrects itself. 

my currently graphic settings in config are

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>FBName</key>

<string>Gibba</string>

<key>GraphicsInjector</key>

<true/>

<key>InjectEDID</key>

<true/>

<key>PatchVBios</key>

<true/>

<key>VideoPorts</key>

<integer>5</integer>

</dict>

I have tried Duckeed (FB) and still nothing. When I take of mirror I only get extended desktop on hdmi and dvi port. 

Please help. 

Thank you, 

LI

Hello World, 

I have successfully migrated from chameleon to Clover and love it. I have used a macmini 6,2 profile. One thing I noticed is I have 2 displays showing up. 

My card is a XFX 6870 .. with graphicenabler = no it corrects itself. 

my currently graphic settings in config are

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>FBName</key>

<string>Gibba</string>

<key>GraphicsInjector</key>

<true/>

<key>InjectEDID</key>

<true/>

<key>PatchVBios</key>

<true/>

<key>VideoPorts</key>

<integer>5</integer>

</dict>

I have tried Duckeed (FB) and still nothing. When I take of mirror I only get extended desktop on hdmi and dvi port. 

Please help. 

Thank you, 

LI

What do you mean  by:

with graphicenabler = no it corrects itself.

And another compile error (rev 1888)

tried to build using: sudo ./clovergrower.comman -X64

Error: ./ebuild.sh: line 161: syntax error near unexpected token `

Delete your file /Clover/ebuild.sh and download new one.

How can you change the default partition at the bootloader page?  

I have 2 ML installations on my laptop:  HDD-OSX is the main installation (950 GB)  HDD-ML is a recovery/repair installation (20 GB).  When I installed Clover originally, the default partition was HDD-OSX.  Unless I changed the partition to boot up, it would boot to HDD-OSX.  A couple days ago, I got a disk error on HDD-OSX (incorrect record count) and I rebooted several times with HDD-OSX not mounted due to the error.  Eventually, Disk Utility fixed the error but now Clover defaults to HDD-ML.  I want to change it back to HDD-OSX.

Thanks for any help I can get.

EDIT:  Problem solved.  It was not a Clover problem at all.  I had to go into HDD-ML->System Preferences->Startup Disk and select HDD-OSX as the start up disk.

My system freeze when pluging/unplugging charger. Im using UEFI boot and DSDT extracted from BIOS. Except that everything works fine and stable. 
Looks like there is no issue using chameleon.

Any clues?

hello

why use dsdt extracted from bios.. if is not patched... clover do it for u .. it read dsdt and patch for u ...

so no sense what u are saying.. u do that also with chameleon ?

and post a full darwindumper to people try to help u

good hack

Ive extracted DSDT using clover (F4), then selected all needed fixes and patched (F5). So im using DSDT already patched by clover. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Last year ive tried to set up snow leopard installation using chameleon. Install went fine but system wasn't stable at all. There was no charger issue!

Also started new topic earlier this morning and got positive response about chameleon:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290010-freeze-when-pluggingunplugging-charger/?p=1925954

Didn't try by myself on my fresh ML installation because i have UEFI Bios which actually works much better with clover. 

Packed DarwinDumper attached. Would be great if someone could help me!

DarwinDumper_2.7.5_AMI_X64_1858_ML_Radar.zip

Are there any significant differences between the InjectSystemID yes and no strings? Both produce different Hardware UUIDs.

It was introduced to be able to have the same UUID like Chameleon produced.

If you need no such compatibility then you can choose any method you like giving you unique UUID.

• Like 1

Is there a smbios for macbook5,1 in clover format available elsewhere? My machine would boots 10.9DP1 fine in chameleon with default smbios of mb5,1 but clover asserts that it is iMac10,1 and won't boot. The reason I arrived at this because I did try to setup iMac10,1 in Chameleon to see that it would not boot in iMac10,1 either.

Thank you

Possibly not the place to be posting this, and if not please let me know.

Just moved from Chameleon/Chimera bootloader to Clover, and all was reasonably well until the last couple of revisions.  Barring deep sleep issues and graphics power management giving less than stellar performance, everything has worked really well.  However, since the last couple of revisions of Clover I find that I get stuck on the gray Apple logo with no spinner.

If I turn off, machine is left overnight, then I turn on it will boot fine.  If I then restart, gets stuck again.  I tried loading with no caches etc and changed various options but would always get stuck.  Can boot from the recovery partition just fine and boots every time.  9 times out of ten reboots, the os will fail to start, but on occassion will surprise me and go in.

Anyone got any idea why it may be doing this?   Actually, another issue is safe mode - on any revision of Clover I have tried I cannot get into Safe mode.  It tries to start loading, but then reboots and puts me back at the bootloader screen.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Let me know if you need any info off the machine - I can run DarwinDumper or something if needed.

Cheers in advance!

EDIT:

Obviously not the place to ask so I'll try elsewhere.  Looks like it may have been a recent addition I made to my DSDT for my graphics card may have caused an issue.  Also, I had forgotten that I had updated my Asrock P67 Fatality bios and re-patched it (to fix power management).  I was then still using the DSDT from the earlier version, and there were quite a few changes.  I updated my DSDT and it worked fine, again until I put the gfx card bit in.  Can boot fine initially, but then starts sticking and I have to boot without caches, or turn on grx injection again, or not load my DSDT to get going.

I will test the new DSDT with a different bootloader and see if I have the same boot issues.  I'll do another DSDT without the gfx patch and re-enable graphicsinjection for now.  Can't be doing with a mac that will only work every 10 reboots - not much use when im remoteing in lol.

I may even not bother with a custom DSDT as the Mac boots perfectly fine without.  I'll experiment anyway.  Cheers.

Edited by Jamie Pedder

Not sure if this is the best way but edit ebuild.sh and find

-gcc47  | --gcc47)   TOOLCHAIN=GCC47   ;;

replace with

-gcc48  | --gcc48)   TOOLCHAIN=GCC48   ;;

Did that, now getting this:

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC48/X64/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC48/X64/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC48/X64/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [X64, GCC48, RELEASE]

- Failed -