Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,809 posts in this topic

hello

test build to install DP1 with Clover

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2562&view=findpost&p=31778

CLOVERX64.efi_rev1851b.zip

Make 1835 installation and replace CLOVERX64.efi by the file I provided.
You can also make a copy
cp CLOVERX64.efi BOOTX64.efi

quote Slice

good hack

Guys I am using Chameleon on a ML 10.8.3 on a Asus K55VJ and trying to switch to Clover.

On a GPT partitioned drive, I installed to EFI using Clover EFI Tools. However, clover doesn't show my ML Partition

On a MBR partitioned drive, I installed Clover in a USB. Same problem. Clover menu doesn't show my OSX Partition

What am I doing wrong?

alexanderq see attached the requested files. I didn't play much with config.plist since I am new to clover and I am not sure if it works just like chameleon.boot.plist

I am getting Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file when uploading the files so I zipped both of it.

Thank you for your help

config.plist.zip

preboot.log.zip

The mavericks installation won't start. I just hangs in the loading screen and never goes any further. Using 1835. Using same config that loads my 10.8 installation. I put FakeSmc.kext in /S/L/E of the usb.

Is there a way so save the kernel messages with clover?

config.plist.zip

I'm sorry the version installed was the version that comes with clover efi tools. I tried before with the most recent one with a different output that I show you now.

The first pic is how clover menu shows up to me. Might just be a theme issue but it's weird regardless.

This version indeed shows my osx partition. However it hangs as shown in the second pic.

Thank you for the help

post-686925-13711755278528_thumb.jpg

post-686925-13711755863405_thumb.jpg

forgive me, but I do not understand what should I do

Paste the command from the second code box (kextstat...) into the Terminal and run it. It will show you all non-Apple kexts in your system and will confirm if you really have NullCPU or not.

If you do, then this a reason why your power management does not work. Also if you have trouble finding the kext, you can use the last command (find...) to generate a list of all files in /System/Library/Extensinos, which will be saved to your Desktop.

• Like 1

Paste the command from the second code box (kextstat...) into the Terminal and run it. It will show you all non-Apple kexts in your system and will confirm if you really have NullCPU or not.

If you do, then this a reason why your power management does not work. Also if you have trouble finding the kext, you can use the last command (find...) to generate a list of all files in /System/Library/Extensinos, which will be saved to your Desktop.

This is My Kext Dump

kexts.txt

For the fist icon you missing themes section in config plist or theme folder and for the second you must put OsxAptioFixDrv.efi in drivers64UEFI folder.And its best to read this link on how to best config clover.

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Content

Ok, so I formatted the USB I am using and installed clover again, making sure to install the drivers64 and drivers64UEFI. Now I don't even get to clover menu. UEFI:USB gives me nothing but a blinking cursor on the screen. Normal USB gives me the "7" error.

Help please

hi. I have a problem with UEFI clover.

I can not boot with dedicated graphics card only, and sysdef macmini6.x (Ivy Bridge)

this works perfectly in chameleon

how can use clover UEFI without using HD4000 as primary?

Try this tool

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283190-bdutilityexe-make-cloverchameleon-bootflash-with-macosx-distr/

or this if you dont have a mac os installed

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2627

and remember that you dont need all the drivers.

Thank you for the help.

I am not on Windows though.

I may try again with clover installer with a different set of drivers. I am not sure which I would need though. I am not sure of the difference on UEFI and BIOS boots.

If it helps, my laptop is an Asus K55VJ, Intel Core i7, 8gb ram, 1TB HD, Intel HD4000/GeForce 635m, using MBR partition.

Thank you

I just tested the latest Clover for Mavericks DP1.

Both install and loading of the OS works fine.

I'm using Clover R1858.

Pics of my system are under new releases in the DP1 builds ;)

Slice, thanks for the great Clover boot loader. I was wondering how I can get the device id for my Radeon HD 5450 video card added to Clover?

The details of my HIS ATI Radeon HD 5450 card, which uses the Eulemur framebuffer, are:

device id (0x68F91002) (ven: 0x1002, dev: 0x68f9, subsys: 0x20091787)

Thank you again.

It is already here

{ 0x68F9,	0x00000000, CHIP_FAMILY_CEDAR,		"ATI Radeon HD 5450 Series",		kEulemur	},

May be you want to ask how to make connector patch for the card?