Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2018 at 3:27 AM, Slice said:

Why I can know more?

Is this CLOVER or any SMC.kext/key problem??? Try with VirtualSMC.kext and FakeSMC.kext without success.

I use same configuration but working fine in Gigabyte B360 motherboard. This is MSI H310M PRO-M2 + i3 8100 + GTX1060. I use Clover r4813

I attach CLOVER folder for additional informations.

photo_2018-12-30_04-04-53.jpg

CLOVER.zip

Hi guys, 

One quick question the Christmas theme of clover 4813 broke my boot of 2 Mojave ssds anyone knows why or is my the only case that the theme affected?

Edited by MorenoAv

35 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys, 

One quick question the Christmas theme of clover 4813 broke my boot of 2 Mojave ssds anyone knows why or is my the only case that the theme affected?

Attaching your "debug.log or preboot.log" maybe helpful.

Just a hint; "os_moja.icns" is available for "christmas" themes since this commit, both from Clover installer package or repo version. I guess, plz update to latest version.

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

hi @Badruzeus,

Thanks for your response, and here it is the boot log... and I have downgraded to 4798, and the result is the same... but my boot log shows exactly that...

Clover Boot Log - 2018:12:30 - cópia.rtf

I get this from your log related to theme used:

1:958  0:000	[!] Icon 18 (icons\vol_internal_apfs.icns) not found (path: EFI\CLOVER\themes\christmas)

Not only "vol_internal_apfs.icns" was missing but also "os_moja.icns" from "/icons" dir before they're added later with this commit.

And what I meant with "latest version" from prev. post is actually; "christmas" theme, not Clover rev.

So, I guess plz update your "christmas" theme with CloverThemeManager app or...

cd ~/Desktop
git archive --remote=git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes HEAD themes/christmas | tar -x -v

Well, you could also attach screenshot of your current issue with christmas theme then we'll know how it looks like (exactly).

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

Well I don't know exactly what the issue is because I have restarted my machine and now the boot is like the picture, and my other ssd is missing... again, it appears and disappears randomly... 

IMG_0037.jpeg

Edited by MorenoAv

2 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Well I don't know exactly what the issue is because I have restarted my machine and now the boot is like the picture, and my other ssd is missing... again, it appears and disappears randomly... 

I also am not sure what issue is exactly, if it' s related to "christmas" Clover theme (GUI) with macOS Mojave & APFS.. plz make sure these 2 *.icns are available on "\themes\christmas\icons\"

os_moja.icns
vol_internal_apfs.icns

But I have no idea with random issue, could be problem with NVRAM? Have you tried clearing it with (for example) "F11" key when Clover boot?

7 hours ago, Amble said:

Stupid question. If I lower the CPU vcore in BIOS, does that have any effect in macOS if I have i7-7700k with native PM?  I lowered the vcore in BIOS, but it's still higher on HWmonitor.

NM, found an answer.

Does Clover SSDT / UnderVoltStep work with native PM? If it does, how much is one "step"?

50 minutes ago, Amble said:

NM, found an answer.

Does Clover SSDT / UnderVoltStep work with native PM? If it does, how much is one "step"?

Only with Penryn CPU. One step is 1 in MSR register. Look for description of EIST.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

I also am not sure what issue is exactly, if it' s related to "christmas" Clover theme (GUI) with macOS Mojave & APFS.. plz make sure these 2 *.icns are available on "\themes\christmas\icons\"

os_moja.icns
vol_internal_apfs.icns

But I have no idea with random issue, could be problem with NVRAM? Have you tried clearing it with (for example) "F11" key when Clover boot?

Nvram clean done and didn't solve the problem, I only have one ssd at boot...

Thanks anyway

4 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Nvram clean done and didn't solve the problem, I only have one ssd at boot...

Thanks anyway

I'll have similar problem if (for example) OS Badge and Volume icon are missing.

I removed "os_moja.icns, vol_internal_apfs.icns, vol_internal_hfs.icns" from "christmas" theme's \icons dir and here's what I get: (again, plz recheck your theme or simply test with another one). Happy New Year!

SS-christmas-VBox.png

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Is this CLOVER or any SMC.kext/key problem??? Try with VirtualSMC.kext and FakeSMC.kext without success.

I use same configuration but working fine in Gigabyte B360 motherboard. This is MSI H310M PRO-M2 + i3 8100 + GTX1060. I use Clover r4813

I attach CLOVER folder for additional informations.

Neither, it is a problem with an ACPI table.

10 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

I'll have similar problem if (for example) OS Badge and Volume icon are missing.

I removed "os_moja.icns, vol_internal_apfs.icns, vol_internal_hfs.icns" from "christmas" theme's \icons dir and here's what I get: (again, plz recheck your theme or simply test with another one). Happy New Year!

SS-christmas-VBox.png

Thanks man, happy new year to you too, and for the moment it stays as it is, because in the beginning of the new year I have a new build with an Asus Rog Strix H370-I mobo, Intel i5 8600K, 16 GB DDR4 2666 Crucial Ram, and M2 NVME Crucial 500 GB SSD.

Happy news year to all of you and thanks for all the help and tips gave to me...

Cheers   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slice said:

OK, "zfs_x64.efi" is installed on /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

I was actually, referring to this part but I found no BSD entry loader on it.

Adding this line is definitely possible, it detected by Clover and BSD System boot just fine (plus os_ghostbsd.icns for GUI):

{ L"\\EFI\\boot\\bootx64-trueos.efi", L"GhostBSD EFI boot menu", L"ghostbsd,linux", "GhostBSD" },

..though sorry for my script kiddie, it' s wrong bcoz BSD is not Linux for sure.

VirtualBox_Ghost BSD 18.10_04_01_2019_09_50_45.png

Hi @Slice

Thanks for commit r4833: If I understand well Goldfish64's readme, it works only for Intel HD. My system use HDMI audio via my Nvidia graphic card. How can I have sound at startup on Clover GUI in this case. There is a solution.

1 hour ago, apianti said:

That's a list of icons, you don't need to put linux there, lol. Just do ghostbsd,bsd and make both icons if you want. You can't have both ghostbsd and trueos installed then? That's stupid.

Oh I see, now much better with "os_unknown.icns" instead of wrong generic "os_linux.icns" for BSD System LoL (if there's no os_ghostbsd.icns provided with a theme used).

#EDIT: Nevermind, no longer using "os_unknown.icns" if there's "os_bsd.icns" on /icons dir (which previously was missing).

VirtualBox_Ghost BSD 18.10_04_01_2019_15_39_16.png

Edited by Badruzeus

31 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice

Thanks for commit r4833: If I understand well Goldfish64's readme, it works only for Intel HD. My system use HDMI audio via my Nvidia graphic card. How can I have sound at startup on Clover GUI in this case. There is a solution.

VoodooHDA works with HDMI as well as with non-Intel chipsets so yes it's possible just requires a work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice

I am unable to build r4833 until i downloaded AudioPkg-master.zip from https://github.com/Goldfish64/AudioPkg and extract it to my edk2 folder and rename it. Is this what you did also?

After using the guide from Slice i cannot get sound to work on my laptop even though while setting it up in clover shell i had audio. Is the issue my conversion?

Mac Startup.wav

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 8.10.25 pm.png

Edited by SavageAUS