Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Is there a way to reset nvram on a system that gets stuck at scanning entries?

I switched to the Clovy theme and now it’s stuck at scanning entries. F11 does nothing.

Is there a way to clear nvram via UEFI shell?

If "Clovy" theme is the cause, I guess you could just remove it via UEFI Shell over USB.

(FS0 is relative to your Internal EFI from your Disk map for sure)

FS0:
cd \EFI\CLOVER\themes\
  rm "Theme Name"
exit

EFI-Shell.png

#EDIT: It wiill force using "embedded" bcoz specified theme was not found.

Edited by Badruzeus

1 minute ago, Badruzeus said:

If "Clovy" theme is the cause, I guess you could just remove it via UEFI Shell over USB.

(FS0 is relative to your Internal EFI from your Disk map for sure)

FS0:
cd \EFI\CLOVER\themes\
  rm "Theme Name"
exit

EFI-Shell.png

Sorry bro, i deleted my post from here and moved it HERE

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Sorry bro, i deleted my post from here and moved it HERE

Seems not #OffTopic even you was posting here, it was also Clover related (I think, but your choice).

Hmmb, I just have no idea why previously created 2 same posts on diff threads #LoL

Edited by Badruzeus

There is something wrong with PS/2 Keyboatd and Mouse in revison 4769.
After loading Clover, it did not working PS/2 Device. Is there someone any same experience as me?

Sented by Tapatalk in my Android SM-G930S

15 minutes ago, Ritz Carltn said:

There is something wrong with PS/2 Keyboatd and Mouse in revison 4769.
After loading Clover, it did not working PS/2 Device. Is there someone any same experience as me?

Sented by Tapatalk in my Android SM-G930S

It looks like wrong compilation of file boot. Take it from previous revision.

20 minutes ago, Slice said:

Because of a build script bug.

Build_clover.command (EDK2) and Dids script (UDK2018) have the same issue in r4777: a file "Shell.inf" in EFI/CLOVER/Tools. I also found this file in a old version r4761.

Some solution.

On 11/22/2018 at 1:54 AM, Badruzeus said:

Working fine here either, I've 3 ancient machines using Legacy.

On my case is not Clover, but recent "ApfsDriverLoader*.efi".

I just built v 4779 using BuildClover command and I still can not boot my legacy machine. All I see it a blinking cursor.

I do not have APFS driver in kext since I don’t use it. 

18 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Build_clover.command (EDK2) and Dids script (UDK2018) have the same issue in r4777: a file "Shell.inf" in EFI/CLOVER/Tools. I also found this file in a old version r4761.

Some solution.

Drag the file to trash.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pkdesign said:

I just built v 4779 using BuildClover command and I still can not boot my legacy machine. All I see it a blinking cursor.

I do not have APFS driver in kext since I don’t use it. 

There should be more information about the issue.

Did you try other boot6 or boot7 files? From previous revisions.

Did you set Boot->Debug=YES to get a debug.log?

What efi drivers do you have?

3 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Ok. I did that. But Shell.inf is created for each version in EFI/CLOVER/TOOLS, I don't know why.

Because of build script.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Slice said:

Because of build script.

I've the same Shell.inf file when I use Makepkg from Source :cry:  I keep searching

EDIT: Same issue with Clover Release download from SourceForge

Edited by Matgen84

21 hours ago, ellaosx said:

it wont hurt to be in there. or add a command just before the mkpkg to delete it in your script.

Thanks :) I can do that in my scripts (Build_clover.command and Dids script). 

As I said before  Clover Release download from SourceForge has the same Shell.inf file in EFI/CLOVER/Tools. 

EDIT: Thanks @Slice for remove Shell.inf from Clover Package source in commits r4780

Edited by Matgen84

For some reason when I have an APFS volume present, Clover takes a very long time to display the GUI (30+ seconds). I am using ApfsDriverLoader and there is no delay when booting without an APFS volume present. In the preboot log it looks like [InitScreen] line is 47 seconds. Any ideas?

preboot.log

9 hours ago, mrjayviper said:

So I have enabled -v on my clover config.plist but it's too fast to see the messages. Basically, I'm getting a boot loop and wants to see what's causing it. Is there a flag that prevents the auto restart on kernel panic?

Thanks!

debug=0x100 keepsyms=1

• Like 2

On 11/28/2018 at 2:51 AM, Slice said:

There should be more information about the issue.

Did you try other boot6 or boot7 files? From previous revisions.

Did you set Boot->Debug=YES to get a debug.log?

What efi drivers do you have?

I reinstalled 4779 and was not able to boot again. I never get past a solid cursor on screen after POST so there is no debug file to provide for that.

I copied boot file from my 4741 installation in to the 4779 EFI and I was able to boot.

These are the drives/kexts I have installed:

drivers64
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

kexts
FakeSMC.kext
realtekALC.kext

Attached is the debug file from the successful boot.

debug.log

18 hours ago, mrjayviper said:

So I have enabled -v on my clover config.plist but it's too fast to see the messages. Basically, I'm getting a boot loop and wants to see what's causing it. Is there a flag that prevents the auto restart on kernel panic?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Slice said:

debug=0x100 keepsyms=1

Yeah, you can also easily use these options from the spacebar menu when a boot entry is selected as well.

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

I reinstalled 4779 and was not able to boot again. I never get past a solid cursor on screen after POST so there is no debug file to provide for that.

I copied boot file from my 4741 installation in to the 4779 EFI and I was able to boot.

These are the drives/kexts I have installed:

drivers64
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

kexts
FakeSMC.kext
realtekALC.kext

Your problem is caused by the firmware emulation if you are not even getting a debug.log and replacing boot with a previous version works. It's much harder to debug that but since you gave a range of revisions where the change occurred that is causing the issue, I imagine it will be easy to find any changes that may have been made to the legacy firmware emulation that are responsible for the issue.

Edited by apianti

7 hours ago, pkdesign said:

debug.log

I believe compilation with XCODE 10.1 is the problem.  From your debug log, you are compiling Clover with XCODE 10.1 (with toolchain set to XCODE8) on your system... 

Build with: [Args: -mc --no-usb -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -t XCODE8 | -D DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED --conf=/Users/pkovacs/src/edk2/Conf -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 9 | OS: 10.13.6 | XCODE: 10.1]

I already mentioned in this post that other XCODE versions eg 8.2.1, 8.3.3, 9.2, or GCC5.3, generate working boot6 and boot7 for my legacy desktop (system 2 in signature) but not XCODE 10.1 ---> boot hanging on stuck underscore "_" symbol.  Also interesting to note that the officially released Clover r4741 was compiled with XCODE 8.3.3 but r4769 (which also fails for your system) with XCODE 10.1.

4 hours ago, apianti said:

Does XCODE 10.1 build previous revisions to r4761 without issue? Or does it not build a valid boot firmware at all? Are the different build rules for XCODE 10.1 causing the problem?

No, still bad boot6,7 if Clover r4760 compiled with XCODE 10.1 (toolchain set to XCODE8, edk2 r27956).  I think the problem/bug is intrinsic to XCODE 10.1.

Edited by fusion71au
Extra info for @apianti
  • Like 2