Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Ok, so the Github correspondent for EDK2 SVN r27233 would be: https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/commit/77ca824c652443bdf3edaa0bb109fd8225a71cd3. Not sure how much that would help...but anyway.

By the way, is this in use: https://github.com/svn2github/cloverefiboot ? :) 

Appears to be, that's the last commit from yesterday, so it probably does update daily at a certain time. However, that still relies on sourceforge. I wasn't having any trouble until today, it's a little slow.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, apianti said:

Appears to be, that's the last commit from yesterday, so it probably does update daily at a certain time. However, that still relies on sourceforge. I wasn't having any trouble until today, it's a little slow.

I'm assuming you're not trying to recreate the entire environment, right? Cause that part didn't work for me. :)) I'm trying to get to sources from web...but I still need an updated tutorial on building the latest version, once the sources are downloaded. Cause the one on Wiki....seems a bit out of date. Not just in terms of the SVN revision used for EDK2, but also, I feel like there was something else necessary with the newer Clover versions. An extra step... I just can't remember what it was. And I think that part is missing from the Wiki, since it wasn't necessary before.

Anyway, to me, SF was massively unreliable over the past few days. That's why I was asking (and looking for Github alternatives) if there is any way we could migrate to Github entirely, or if there are any real benefits for using SF that I might be missing. Since the sources are (more or less) already on Github, I'm thinking it shouldn't be that difficult to switch to it. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I mean, if SF works for you guys, that's awesome. You need it the most. But if it doesn't...or if there are better tools/solutions, maybe it's time to switch to something better (if Github would be a better alternative). I don't know.. It's just a suggestion. And I'm asking since I'm sure you guys have a LOT more experience using these services than I do.

Edited by arsradu

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

Guys, is the Clover Wiki up to date in terms of how to build Clover from sources?

Cause it seems a bit outdated to me. And...since SF doesn’t really works for me to download the source from terminal, i’ll try to download it from web (hopefully that will work) and build Clover locally.

But yesterday when I tried that, using the method and the commands on the Wiki page, I got an error (I can’t remember the error now). So I thought I would ask, in case that procedure needs some kind of update in order to build the latest Clover.

There is new instructions, proved yesterday with Xcode9.4

• Like 2

Aaaalrighty!

So...SF still sucks. Big time. I had to download the sources from the web version and copy-paste the Clover folder inside /UDK2018 because the terminal command to clone the repo was always ending in an error such as the one below (not at the same point, but the same time-out error).

588669147_ScreenShot2018-06-11at17_45_03.png.ec1fcb49316b32366ad27787c6775539.png

Now, after that, next issue I had was with the edksetup.sh script, which, apparently doesn't like to be invoked with "./" anymore, creating this beautiful error:

1720314240_ScreenShot2018-06-11at17_55_45.png.af90e0755be24e2ec95ed25db2bb023a.png

After some googling, I found out that it it works ok if you use it as such: ". edksetup.sh". (maybe we can add this to the instructions, as well...? :)  I'm guessing this is something new they added, since I don't remember seeing it before...)

After that, everything went smoothly (used Patches_for_UDK2018 as instructed, since I'm planning on building the latest version of Clover) until I reached the next milestone upon building:

Generating BootSectors
[NASM] boot0af.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0af
[NASM] boot0ss.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0ss
[NASM] boot0md.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0md
[NASM] boot1h.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1h
[NASM] boot1h2.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1h2
[NASM] boot1f32.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1f32
[NASM] boot1f32alt.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1f32alt
[NASM] boot1x.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1x
boot1x.s:188: error: short jump is out of range
boot1x.s:193: error: short jump is out of range
boot1x.s:204: error: short jump is out of range
boot1x.s:233: error: short jump is out of range
make: *** [/Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1x] Error 1

Now the question is: what did I miss?

Just to confirm, should nasm be in /opt/local/bin/...on the root directory? Or...in ~/src/opt/local/bin...? It just seems odd that there's already a similar structure in src. It's like it's inviting you to put it there. :))

Anyway, I'm asking because now it's in /opt/local/bin/, as instructed. And..apparently that doesn't work too well, for some reason.

Edited by arsradu

It's a bug in the build process.

ebuild.sh calculates NASM_PREFIX using logic

BootHFS/Makefile just uses "nasm" and takes whatever is in the path

OTOH ebuild.sh also does pathmunge "$TOOLCHAIN_DIR/bin"

So if the nasm in the path is not the same as the one NASM_PREFIX you can end up using wrong nasm to build boot sectors and get this error.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, arsradu said:

NASM version 0.98.40 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 11) compiled on May  2 2018

But...why? :))

I told

3. Download NASM https://www.nasm.us/pub/nasm/releasebuilds/2.13.03/macosx/nasm-2.13.03-macosx.zip, unpack  and copy to     /opt/local/bin

The folder may be invisible then

sudo chflags nohidden /opt

or it may not exists then

sudo mkdir /opt

sudo mkdir /opt/local

sudo mkdir /opt/local/bin

then

sudo cp ~/Downloads/nasm-2.13.03/nasm /opt/local/bin

May be I forget to say how to set /opt/local/bin to be in priority

2 minutes ago, Slice said:

I told

May be I forget to say how to set /opt/local/bin to be in priority

:) Yep, that's what I tried initially. But, as you saw above, I got an error. And that apparently was because I was using old nasm.

Now, /opt/local/bin is not present in etc/paths. Should I add it there?

2136436025_ScreenShot2018-06-11at19_12_44.png.e48f218ae6b66b47da3aa74aca31783e.png

iHack:Clover Slice$ echo $PATH

/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin

It was needed for other project but I don't know the logic of new ebuild.sh, what is default NASM path.

gate way issue happen when getting clover source from svn in windows.
normally, i commit source in windows after download clean clover source to avoid mistake.
but in last 2days, i never download clean source in windows from svn. always shown connection problem(gate way too. it means host disconnect my connection in sf. so i can't access sf site for some times). i just hope sf will back. because now i have a some part to cleanup clover source.

Aaaalrighty!

So...SF still sucks. Big time. I had to download the sources from the web version and copy-paste the Clover folder inside /UDK2018 because the terminal command to clone the repo was always ending in an error such as the one below (not at the same point, but the same time-out error).

588669147_ScreenShot2018-06-11at17_45_03.png.ec1fcb49316b32366ad27787c6775539.png

Now, after that, next issue I had was with the edksetup.sh script, which, apparently doesn't like to be invoked with "./" anymore, creating this beautiful error:
1720314240_ScreenShot2018-06-11at17_55_45.png.af90e0755be24e2ec95ed25db2bb023a.png

After some googling, I found out that it it works ok if you use it as such: ". edksetup.sh". (maybe we can add this to the instructions, as well...?   I'm guessing this is something new they added, since I don't remember seeing it before...)

After that, everything went smoothly (used Patches_for_UDK2018 as instructed, since I'm planning on building the latest version of Clover) until I reached the next milestone upon building:
Generating BootSectors[NASM] boot0af.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0af[NASM] boot0ss.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0ss[NASM] boot0md.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0md[NASM] boot1h.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1h[NASM] boot1h2.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1h2[NASM] boot1f32.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1f32[NASM] boot1f32alt.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1f32alt[NASM] boot1x.s -> /Users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1xboot1x.s:188: error: short jump is out of rangeboot1x.s:193: error: short jump is out of rangeboot1x.s:204: error: short jump is out of rangeboot1x.s:233: error: short jump is out of rangemake: *** [/users/user/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1x] Error 1

Now the question is: what did I miss?
Just to confirm, should nasm be in /opt/local/bin/...on the root directory? Or...in ~/src/opt/local/bin...? It just seems odd that there's already a similar structure in src. It's like it's inviting you to put it there. :))
Anyway, I'm asking because now it's in /opt/local/bin/, as instructed. And..apparently that doesn't work too well, for some reason.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Slice said:

iHack:Clover Slice$ echo $PATH

/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin

It was needed for other project but I don't know the logic of new ebuild.sh, what is default NASM path.

Yeeep, you already had it in $PATH from before. :P  No problem, I added it there now, as well. And made sure it's the right version.

NASM version 2.13.03 compiled on Feb  7 2018

But it couldn't have been that easy, now could it? :)) Now it says there is ' nothing to be done for "all" '.

Well, I disagree. I think there are a plenty of things to be done. For all! :)) Not sure what does it mean by that.

-> VBoxHfs-64.efi
  -> GrubEXFAT-64.efi
  -> GrubISO9660-64.efi
  -> GrubNTFS-64.efi
  -> GrubUDF-64.efi
  -> XhciDxe-64.efi
  -> CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
  -> EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  -> OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
  -> OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
  -> OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
  -> OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
  -> OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi
  -> PartitionDxe-64.efi
  -> UsbMouseDxe-64.efi
  -> UsbKbDxe-64.efi
  -> Fat-64.efi
  -> EnglishDxe-64.efi
  -> NvmExpressDxe-64.efi
  -> Ps2MouseDxe-64.efi
  -> VBoxExt2-64.efi
  -> VBoxExt4-64.efi
  -> VBoxIso9600-64.efi
  -> HashServiceFix-64.efi
Copy Applications:
  -> bdmesg.efi
Done!

Generating BootSectors
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Done!
Edited by arsradu

I just run build_clover script under Ubuntu 18.04 and also got issue with network connectivity.. it seems something wrong with the server but I'm not really sure, done with local ~/src rebuilt from scratch this morning under mac, then tonight we see this.

Screenshot from 2018-06-11 23-45-12.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, arsradu said:

But it couldn't have been that easy, now could it? :)) Now it says there is ' nothing to be done for "all" '.

Well, I disagree. I think there are a plenty of things to be done. For all! :)) Not sure what does it mean by that.

./ebuild.sh cleanpkg

• Like 1

Hi guys...

while everything just worked fine with Clover_v2.4k_r4522, system boot fails on both my X299 and X99 Systems with clover Clover_v2.4k_r4532. After several months,  I am again confronted with memory allocation errors or system boot failures at *********.

Did you change once more AptioMemoryFix.efi,  or what is the source of the problem? 

If I change back to Clover_v2.4k_r4522, everything works as expected. 

This morning I was able to download and build Clover_v2.4k_r4532 with Build_Clover.command on my X99 system after deleting the "src" directory in my home directory. However, on my X299 system, the clover build failed even after deleting the src directory and rebuilding clover from scratch.

Now , when I try to download and build clover from scratch, I also get server connection errors as already reported by others... 

Any thoughts on the above? Hope we can find the way back to a working clover configuration. 

Cheers,

KGP

52 minutes ago, Slice said:

May be you should update svn client? I have

Subversion command-line client, version 1.8.11.

Apache version is 1.10.1 https://subversion.apache.org/packages

Hmm...

"Brew install subversion" reveals the following errors:

957582419_Screenshot2018-06-11at20_49_03.png.3c349332f779f4aaea6a2b11fd5153e2.png

I don't use Xcode 10.0 beta. Still with Xcode 9.4. The same states for the Command Line Tools. 

Although now I can do the initial clover download and step 2 without problems. The download is still slow though .. 

1799717016_Screenshot2018-06-11at20_45_44.png.a5f84929990880408e671b6c59655064.png

However, when building the existing revision for release (5), I still get the following error on my X299 rig, while (5) works fine on my X99 rig:

95305492_Screenshot2018-06-11at20_44_45.png.662d4b3d0b47635962278bd576e87bca.png

I am now left with the NASM issue on X299, mentioned in several posts before? 

All this apart from the remaining AptioMemoryFix.efi issue apparently persistent in Clover_v2.4k_r4532.... Can you please compare version of AptioMemoryFix.efi included in Clover_v2.4k_r4522 (working) and  Clover_v2.4k_r4532 (not working).. ?

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

3 hours ago, Slice said:

sudo mkdir /opt

sudo mkdir /opt/local

sudo mkdir /opt/local/bin

mkdir -p is your friend...

9 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Then read how arsradu solved it.

Edited by Zenith432
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

All this apart from the remaining AptioMemoryFix.efi issue apparently persistent in Clover_v2.4k_r4532.... Can you please compare version of AptioMemoryFix.efi included in Clover_v2.4k_r4522 (working) and  Clover_v2.4k_r4532 (not working).. ?

NASM issue discussed few posts before.

4522 is from sf.net? It is my compilation.

4532 is from where? Who is the creator?

6 hours ago, arsradu said:

I tried to download the sources manually and then run that script...but that didn't work. It still tries to connect to SVN...which again is down. So...that's why I was asking for an updated build method, using sources already downloaded (assuming I can download them without SF cutting my connection over and over again).

if sf is down, you cannot checkout Clover as well. problem solved:D

4 minutes ago, Slice said:

NASM issue discussed few posts before.

4522 is from sf.net? It is my compilation.

4532 is from where? Who is the creator?

4522 downloaded from sourceforge.net

4532 downloaded and build with Build_Clover.command 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

14 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

All this apart from the remaining AptioMemoryFix.efi issue apparently persistent in Clover_v2.4k_r4532....

2 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

4532 downloaded with Build_Clover.command 

Test this file

AptioMemoryFix.efi.zip

Or choose OsxAptioFix3Dxe-64.efi from Clover package instead.

Generating BootSectors
[NASM] boot0af.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0af
[NASM] boot0ss.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0ss
[NASM] boot0md.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot0md
[NASM] boot1h.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1h
[NASM] boot1h2.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1h2
[NASM] boot1f32.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1f32
[NASM] boot1f32alt.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1f32alt
[NASM] boot1x.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1x
[NASM] boot1xalt.s -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/boot1xalt
Description.txt -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/Description.txt
Installation.txt -> /Users/jimmy/src/UDK2018/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverV2/BootSectors/Installation.txt
Done!
192-168-0-116:Clover jimmy$

What now? :))

I love how it just says "Done !" like "all fine here". But I have no freaking Clover installer!!!

Edited by arsradu