Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Slice said:

Good work!

Look, please, why drivers64 can't be separately unchecked?

Снимок экрана 2018-06-10 в 8.35.36.png

I knew I wasn't crazy lol

13 hours ago, bronxteck said:

it also looks like the installer does not remember your choice selections any longer.

another case... you also do not have a choice to NOT install drivers64 when you are only installing for clover UEFI drivers64 folder gets transferred always.

I had asked the same thing

sure ! [mention=112217]Slice[/mention]

btw i am now using the latest clover version and it boots to clover boot menu fine but now the new issue is , it doesnt proceed after the OsxAptioFixDrv override message .

it dont even show ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

i tried all other aptio fixes like OsxAptiofix2Drv , OsxAptiofix3Drv , AptioMemoryfix etc and they all gets stuck at the same point 

any suggestions ?

-------

here is my debug log :

debug.log

Can anyone take a look at my issue ?

It doesnt proceed after this :

039218d16a50365b5e48cf5ccd105712.jpg

28 minutes ago, XLNC said:

It doesnt proceed after this :

039218d16a50365b5e48cf5ccd105712.jpg

Hi

Unfortunally, I can't help you.  For those who can do it, can you give Clover's version number. If the error occurs on a USB pen drive or SSD/Hard Disk and which macOS version? And if the message appears during an installation or on a disk that already has an OS....

Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before (at least internally, if not on the forum), but...is there any advantage on using Sourceforge over Github? Cause...SF seems really unreliable recently. And I was thinking if it's maybe the time to switch to Git entirely. What do you think?

I'm not familiar with the details of what this potential move would involve. So, please, forgive me if I'm thinking this way too lightly. But I was just thinking about this since SF seems really slow and unreliable recently.

57 minutes ago, XLNC said:

i feel like this might be something people with more experience could help you with. I took a look at the log you provided. But...nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I could be wrong though.

So, I'm willing to take a closer look at this (even though I might not be able to find anything suspicious, so don't get your hopes up too high) if you can:

1. remove all private information from your config.plist (SMBIOS serials and RT Variable serials).

2. upload your entire Clover folder for analysis.

I'm thinking this is something which can be fixed from config. But I don't wanna speak until I can see what exactly we're dealing with.

Edited by arsradu

3 hours ago, Slice said:

Good work!

Look, please, why drivers64 can't be separately unchecked?

Снимок экрана 2018-06-10 в 8.35.36.png

Ok I did it, try those changes:

replace Clover/CloverPackage/package/Distribution with this:Distribution.zip

replace Clover/CloverPackage/package/buildpkg.sh with this: buildpkg_Debug.sh.zip (rename it as the original please). This is a debug version to let you see how behave with all the choices visible.

How behave with these changes:

mandatory drivers for legacy Clover (AppleImageCodec, AppleUITheme, AppleKeyAggregator etc.. but not the optional ones like Grubxxx etc.) starts selected only if UEFI.only is not selected and the Clover package was never run on that partition. Or they start selected if UEFI.only is not selected and the choice(s) was previously selected (that means users already choose them in past).

You can disable each drivers as you wish.

To fully test what I've done you should remove /Library/Preferences/com.projectosx.clover.installer.plist of the target volume you want to test.. to see "before and after" and  if all is what do you expect (for this use the buildpkg_Debug.sh)

If you like my changes then replace buildpkg.sh with this: buildpkg.sh.zip that is just the same as the debug version but it hide Drivers32/Drivers64 if UEFI.only is selected.

Edited by vector sigma
grammar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This sounds exciting! And it's actually something that has been suggested on the forum before. :) This should help new users select only compatible/non-mutually exclusive drivers.

If and when SVN comes back online...if these changes are approved and pushed, I'm actually interested to give it a try. :) From what I can understand, it sounds promising.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, arsradu said:

This sounds exciting! And it's actually something that has been suggested on the forum before. :) This should help new users select only compatible/non-mutually exclusive drivers.

If and when SVN comes back online...if these changes are approved and pushed, I'm actually interested to give it a try. :) From what I can understand, it sounds promising.

no need to wait, if you already have the Clover's source, just replace the files and test it:wink_anim:. If you want to go back just delete replaced files and call svn up after cd into Clover :D

Edited by vector sigma

9 hours ago, Slice said:

I see no relevant changes in Clover between these revisions but I see in your logs

0:302  0:018  Loading CSMVID~1.EFI  status=Success

And video driver is not detected.

You have to reinstall all drivers64UEFI. And probably repair FS on the partition ESP.

Thank you, I had already tried deleting the Drivers64UEFI folder, and even the whole EFI but it was still failing to load the driver. Now I did a quick format, reinstalled Clover, restored my files and it's working fine again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arsradu said:

I had no problem with svn during this week and now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Ok I did it, try those changes:

replace Clover/CloverPackage/package/Distribution with this:Distribution.zip

replace Clover/CloverPackage/package/buildpkg.sh with this: buildpkg_Debug.sh.zip (rename it as the original please). This is a debug version to let you see how behave with all the choices visible.

How behave with these changes:

mandatory drivers for legacy Clover (AppleImageCodec, AppleUITheme, AppleKeyAggregator etc.. but not the optional ones like Grubxxx etc.) starts selected only if UEFI.only is not selected and the Clover package was never run on that partition. Or they start selected if UEFI.only is not selected and the choice(s) was previously selected (that means users already choose them in past).

You can disable each drivers as you wish.

To fully test what I've done you should remove /Library/Preferences/com.projectosx.clover.installer.plist of the target volume you want to test.. to see "before and after" and  if all is what do you expect (for this use the buildpkg_Debug.sh)

If you like my changes then replace buildpkg.sh with this: buildpkg.sh.zip that is just the same as the debug version but it hide Drivers32/Drivers64 if UEFI.only is selected.

All is good except XhciDxe. It seems to be not installed if UEFI-only. 

We will propose that it always supported by UEFI BIOS or we hope users are able to not set UEFI-only?

38 minutes ago, Slice said:

I had no problem with svn during this week and now.

Well, now it works....more or less.

For example, right now, when I'm trying to download the edk2 sources, I got this error (not from the beginning, but after a while): E000054: Error running context: Connection reset by peer

And this was a blank page for most of the day today: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2/

Again, now it works. But..not reliably.

I'm guessing you already have most of the sources locally, on your computer. So..for small files it's probably ok. But when you're trying to recreate the work environment...it seems to be losing connection.

Could also be a server/country specific issue. I'm guessing they have different servers for different countries.

By the way, at least in my experience, Github was a better alternative to SF. Would it be too difficult to migrate to Git? :D 

Update: now it's down again. In browser I get this:

76922538_Screenshot2018-06-10at21_28_22.png.36bcecd07f2c225c4f91cdb9be612c81.png

And in Terminal, I get this:

596007951_Screenshot2018-06-10at21_33_00.png.00f8f34c2c42ee291c3b0807c7801d18.png

Edited by arsradu

me too. small file change is no problem. but if delete clover folder and download clover again from svn, connection will lost. they block me to access sf site. i can't access any sf site. after spend some time, i can access sf site. i don't know why suddenly happen. there was no problem before. strange

Well, now it works....more or less.

For example, right now, when I'm trying to download the edk2 sources, I got this error (not from the beginning, but after a while): E000054: Error running context: Connection reset by peer

And this was a blank page for most of the day today: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2/

Again, now it works. But..not reliably.

I'm guessing you already have most of the sources locally, on your computer. So..for small files it's probably ok. But when you're trying to recreate the work environment...it seems to be losing connection.

Could also be a server/country specific issue. I'm guessing they have different servers for different countries.

By the way, at least in my experience, Github was a better alternative to SF. Would it be too difficult to migrate to Git?  

Update: now it's down again. In browser I get this:

76922538_Screenshot2018-06-10at21_28_22.png.36bcecd07f2c225c4f91cdb9be612c81.png

And in Terminal, I get this:

596007951_Screenshot2018-06-10at21_33_00.png.00f8f34c2c42ee291c3b0807c7801d18.png

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

2 hours ago, Slice said:

All is good except XhciDxe. It seems to be not installed if UEFI-only. 

it's ebuild.sh, XhciDxe is in the wrong place I guess, or is needed for both UEFI and legacy Clover?. if the second case we need a trick to produce two sub packages with the same content. Let me know..

Edited by vector sigma

just installed CLOVER rev. 4528. But when i reboot, it still shows rev. 4525, also in the log it states to 4525:

0:100  0:000  Starting Clover revision: 4525 on American Megatrends EFI

But CLOVER PrefPane shows this:

clover_prefpane.jpg.cc4fcce76fd584fed4a33cb073e6cf12.jpg

2 hours ago, Mork vom Ork said:

just installed CLOVER rev. 4528. But when i reboot, it still shows rev. 4525, also in the log it states to 4525:

clover_prefpane.jpg.cc4fcce76fd584fed4a33cb073e6cf12.jpg

Seems Legacy r4528 is working properly here, only I got no injected kexts version info but it's not mandatory. Thanks.

Clover-Pref-r4528.png

preboot-r4528.zip

8 hours ago, Mork vom Ork said:

I may propose that you installed CLOVERX64.EFI but booted from BOOTX64.EFI or even bootmgfw.efi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

I may propose that you installed CLOVERX64.EFI but booted from BOOTX64.EFI or even bootmgfw.efi

Show warning in installer when BOOTX64.EFI and bootmgfw.efi are present and differ from fresh CLOVERX64.EFI?

Guys, is the Clover Wiki up to date in terms of how to build Clover from sources?

Cause it seems a bit outdated to me. And...since SF doesn’t really works for me to download the source from terminal, i’ll try to download it from web (hopefully that will work) and build Clover locally.

But yesterday when I tried that, using the method and the commands on the Wiki page, I got an error (I can’t remember the error now). So I thought I would ask, in case that procedure needs some kind of update in order to build the latest Clover.

23 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

The wiki has not been updated for years afaik. 

Try build_clover in github by mickey1979

Well, that's the problem... SVN cuts my connection when I try to download larger amount of data (in order to create the build environment). That's what I was using so far, but at least recently, SF is really, really {censored} for downloading larger amounts of data (you can see my post above, for more info). And apparently I'm not the only one.

And that script apparently doesn't work with anything other than SVN. I would have used tianocore/edk2 source from Github...but I don't know which commit should be the equivalent of r27233 from svn. And...the latest Clover changes are still on SVN for as far as I know.... So, even if I use some other clone of that source, from github, since it's not the official one, I still don't have access to the latest changes. Which defies the purpose of trying to build Clover in the first place. I really don't know what to do.

I tried to download the sources manually and then run that script...but that didn't work. It still tries to connect to SVN...which again is down. So...that's why I was asking for an updated build method, using sources already downloaded (assuming I can download them without SF cutting my connection over and over again).

Even the main page of sourceforge is down. I don't know how do they expect anyone to get any work down with this kind of server issues.

325097108_ScreenShot2018-06-11at15_20_57.png.ce8ad2ac93d9c6416907fdd6497be70b.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

Well, that's the problem... SVN cuts my connection when I try to download larger amount of data (in order to create the build environment). That's what I was using so far, but at least recently, SF is really, really {censored} for downloading larger amounts of data (you can see my post above, for more info). And apparently I'm not the only one.

And that script apparently doesn't work with anything other than SVN. I would have used tianocore/edk2 source from Github...but I don't know which commit should be the equivalent of r27233 from svn. And...the latest Clover changes are still on SVN for as far as I know.... So, even if I use some other clone of that source, from github, since it's not the official one, I still don't have access to the latest changes. Which defies the purpose of trying to build Clover in the first place. I really don't know what to do.

I tried to download the sources manually and then run that script...but that didn't work. It still tries to connect to SVN...which again is down. So...that's why I was asking for an updated build method, using sources already downloaded (assuming I can download them without SF cutting my connection over and over again).

Even the main page of sourceforge is down. I don't know how do they expect anyone to get any work down with this kind of server issues.

325097108_ScreenShot2018-06-11at15_20_57.png.ce8ad2ac93d9c6416907fdd6497be70b.png
yes. now i can't commit some parts. i'm waiting that sf will be fix from large amount of data(connection issue)

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄