Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Slice said:

Big thanks for the explanation!

I encountered this message

but I miss words about section.

EDK2 is right. The GUID is defined correctly. It is not protocol and must be defined under [Guids] section as MdePkd did.

Sorry I will remake this solution again. Rev 4437

Yeah, I didn't even look, it just gave that error so I defined it under Protocols, it built for me... I should have moved it in the module to under Guids instead.

4 hours ago, Funky frank said:

Thanks for info.

But on the "OSX" HFS+ partition, there is a 571.960 bytes sized "boot.efi" under /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi.

Also more log:

3:825  0:000  === [ AddCustomTool ] =====================================
3:830  0:005  found tool \EFI\CLOVER\tools\Shell64U.efi
3:830  0:000  Checking EFI partition Volume 8 for Clover
3:831  0:001  Checking EFI partition Volume 11 for Clover
3:845  0:014   Found Clover
3:846  0:000  === [ GetEfiBootDeviceFromNvram ] =========================
3:846  0:000   - found entry 2. 'Boot macOS from OSXSSD', Volume 'OSXSSD', DevicePath 'PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,8718D221-ECD2-4374-XXXX-AAB2D2CEA036,0x64028,0x3A2E1FE0)\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efii'
3:846  0:000  DefaultIndex=2 and MainMenu.EntryCount=11
3:875  0:028  GUI ready
5:876  2:001  === [ StartLoader ] =======================================

So it cannot find the boot.efi on "OSX", even if I see here that it is there...

Btw. notice the typo? in the log "boot.efii' instead "boot.efi"...

Also why is it getting the info only from nvram? "GetEfiBootDeviceFromNvram"...

There is something wrong with your partition map or that partition on the disk, as it's not even detected as a file system volume, it might be corrupt, did you run disk repair? The GetEfiBootDeviceFromNvram gets the boot disk selection from what is set in macOS pref pane. Clover will set any disks it boot from appropriately, all that is working fine, it's something to do with the disk.

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Please help.

Since r4435, when  update is finishing, ESP partition is mounted but hidden on Desktop??? I don't understand why.

It is not Clover affair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

It is not Clover affair.

Thanks. Any ideas? Only available with internal hard disk, when  update is finishing, ESP partition is mounted but hidden on Desktop. All work fine for USB Installer.

Edited by Matgen84

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Please help.

Since r4435, when  update is finishing, ESP partition is mounted but hidden on Desktop??? I don't understand why.

I think HDD mechanical is the cause, thats not append with a SSD

• Like 1

Is this known:

clover/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/DxeCapsuleLibNull/DxeCapsuleLibNull.inf [X64]
[CC] DxeCapsuleLibNull
[CC] AuthVariableLibNull
[CC] TpmMeasurementLibNull
[CC] DxeServicesTableLib
[CC] InternalGetSpinLockProperties
clover/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.c:1530:19: error: passing an object that undergoes default argument promotion to 'va_start' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wvarargs]
  VA_START (Args, Iso639Language);
                  ^
clover/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.c:1517:19: note: parameter of type 'BOOLEAN' (aka 'unsigned char') is declared here
  IN BOOLEAN      Iso639Language,
                  ^
[CC] RuntimeLib
1 error generated.
make: *** [clover/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib/OUTPUT/UefiLib.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [clover/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	clover/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 16:49:23, Apr.13 2018
Build total time: 00:00:44

Somehow I can't edit my previous reply.

I'm with NASM_VER: 2.13.03, edk2 @26797 and clover @4439

13 hours ago, smolderas said:

Is this known:

clover/src/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Library/DxeCapsuleLibNull/DxeCapsuleLibNull.inf [X64]
[CC] DxeCapsuleLibNull
[CC] AuthVariableLibNull
[CC] TpmMeasurementLibNull
[CC] DxeServicesTableLib
[CC] InternalGetSpinLockProperties
clover/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.c:1530:19: error: passing an object that undergoes default argument promotion to 'va_start' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wvarargs]
  VA_START (Args, Iso639Language);
                  ^
clover/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.c:1517:19: note: parameter of type 'BOOLEAN' (aka 'unsigned char') is declared here
  IN BOOLEAN      Iso639Language,
                  ^
[CC] RuntimeLib
1 error generated.
make: *** [clover/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib/OUTPUT/UefiLib.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [clover/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	clover/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 16:49:23, Apr.13 2018
Build total time: 00:00:44

Somehow I can't edit my previous reply.

I'm with NASM_VER: 2.13.03, edk2 @26797 and clover @4439

cp -R Patches_for_EDK2/* ../

14 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Can someone update the wiki regarding ACPI>DSDT>Fixes please

The wiki is broken because the authentication does not work and the developer who set it up is no where to be found. There's many other things there that are out of date as well. I don't know what to do about it....

13 hours ago, smolderas said:

Yeah, I conditioned that with my previous command "svn up edk2", so it didn't copied over. I removed the condition and it build...

Thanks

You should revert your EDK2 before updating, where EDK2_DIR is your EDK2 path (or ../edk2 if in clover package directly inside EDK2) or you may have merge issues:

pushd EDK2_DIR
svn revert
svn up
popd

Then copy the patches back.

Edited by apianti
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, apianti said:

There's many other things there that are out of date as well. I don't know what to do about it....

Would be a great idea to update it. If anyone have the complete knowledge about Clover, we can create a "second" Wiki here in IM.

What do you think?

• Like 4

On 4/14/2018 at 8:56 PM, Allan said:

Would be a great idea to update it. If anyone have the complete knowledge about Clover, we can create a "second" Wiki here in IM.

What do you think?

Yeah, I don't care, I rarely maintain it, lol. And it's impossible with the current wiki at the moment...

On 4/15/2018 at 3:21 AM, Hackmac101 said:

If Clover is going to GitHub, having a GitHub wiki would be easier for people to update, and translate.

No one said this was for sure happening. I just made a comment that it could be a possibility to mirror the repo there. But SF has a wiki as well, it just sucked, maybe it has been updated with the site, haven't checked.

40 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

In KextsToPatch:

<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>

and

<string>AppleUSBXHCI</string>

Same?

Ummmm.... Last time I checked, no. The strings will be partially matched, so the first will only match that driver, but the second may match more. I could be wrong though as I know there was some discussion about changing the matching because of multiple patching wrong drivers. Although, the solution may have just been to put the full identity for problematic identities.

Edited by apianti
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ellaosx said:

In KextsToPatch:

<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>

and

<string>AppleUSBXHCI</string>

Same?

Using first syntax is the best way, already discussed many posts ago.

If u use second one, clover will try to patch everything matching that name ... no good, because if patch can be applied (if no luck)  probably system will not be able to reach desktop. 

Fred

Edited by FredWst
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, FredWst said:

Using first syntax is the best way, already discussed many posts ago.

If u use second one, clover will try to patch everything matching that name ... no good, because if patch can be applied (if no luck)  probably system will not be able to reach desktop. 

Fred

Just out of curiosity and for my ignorance, if "AppleUSBXHCI" is the "<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>" inside your prelinked kernel or memory map, how can Clover fails on this? I mean, is there any chance that an executable is there twice?

Thanks

Edited by vector sigma

31 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Just out of curiosity and for my ignorance, if "AppleUSBXHCI" is the "<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>" inside your prelinked kernel or memory map, how can Clover fails on this? I mean, is there any chance that an executable is there twice?

Thanks

As far as I can remember, I was having trouble with some patch for bluetooth and Wifi.

It was the reason why I investigated in this direction. ( in debug mode I saw many line of log where clover tried to patch kext not related to what it was supposed to do) 

Take a look link I put in previous post above.

Fred

• Thanks 1