Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Ok I test in my Laptop Clover 4423 and Icon is show correct  so you have right I need to clean ialog 

How can do this ? Thank you man for the effort and your work

I'm thinking.. Without clean ia.log, get more correct os version.

But now, i don't have better idea that osversion read from ia.log like your case that recorded old history about installation of startosinstall.

Its not normal case. But still there is 1% issue. I want to clear it. I will consider later if i think best idea.

Thank you for report :)

Edited by Sherlocks
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Its not a copy its startosinstall Apple tools deploy macOS on any volume

edit *** you need to redo installation tests to get you up to date my friend :P :moil:

Do you need InstallESD.dmg

I hope not ?

Yeah and I was asking if you copied it because I don't see the folder Locked Files...? And more importantly I was asking why not just run the upgrade in place?

3 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

I'm thinking.. Without clean ia.log, get more correct os version.

But now, i don't have better idea that osversion read from ia.log like your case that recorded old history about installation of startosinstall.

Its not normal case. But still there is 1% issue. I want to clear it. I will consider later if i think best idea.

Thank you for report :)

Just read InstallInfo.plist then the key "Payload Image Info\version" holds the version of the installer...?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, apianti said:

Yeah and I was asking if you copied it because I don't see the folder Locked Files...? And more importantly I was asking why not just run the upgrade in place?

Just read InstallInfo.plist then the key "Payload Image Info\version" holds the version of the installer...?

i didn't notice this. thank you so much!

13 hours ago, apianti said:

importantly I was asking why not just run the upgrade in place?

Because I testing  the Apple startosinstall tools on 10.13.4  macOS installer.app

I have already 10.13.4 on my main SSD since the first days update 10.13.4

Edited by chris1111

16 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Because I testing  the Apple startosinstall tools on 10.13.4  macOS installer.app

I have already 10.13.4 on my main SSD since the first days update 10.13.4

Hahaha, Chris I was telling just messing with you man. I got what you were doing, I was just teasing you. I really was just making sure you hadn't copied the files, that's all.

43 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

i didn't notice this. thank you so much!

Oh np, although when is that file available? Just for startosinstall?

47 minutes ago, apianti said:

Oh np, although when is that file available? Just for startosinstall?

yes. i checked all. 1% issue(startosinstall) was resolved now.

also i checked 10.8.5/10.7.5 2nd stage file again

i reported this long time ago.

there is no version part that you mentioned Payload Image Info\version. we still need to read ia.log for old macos.

anyways i did think all cases.

hmm. seems sf is down. after sf back, i will commit.

thanks apianti and chris1111

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

yes. i checked all. 1% issue(startosinstall) was resolved now.

also i checked 10.8.5/10.7.5 2nd stage file again

i reported this long time ago.

there is no version part that you mentioned Payload Image Info\version. we still need to read ia.log for old macos.

anyways i did think all cases.

hmm. seems sf is down. after sf back, i will commit.

thanks apianti and chris1111

There has to be some file there that holds the version, they would not make it so they would have to determine the version in some crazy way, like by reading a log. But I meant is this a new naming of the file, or was it there before this newest release for startosinstall....? Plus those two versions of macOS don't include ability to use startosinstall... On another note, I'm fairly positive the second method you described doesn't create a viable installer for us because of still using the BaseSystem image not the content inside the image. I seem to recall before createinstallmedia, the BaseSystem/InstallESD method is the actual way to create a hackintosh installer because if you look at your dumps of the folders it has this in com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>root-dmg=file:///OS%20X%20Install%20Data/BaseSystem.dmg</string>

Which the BaseSystem.dmg does have the SystemVersion.plist inside as you already said.

Issues with AMD CPUs again. I'm still using r4392 as updating to the release on SF or above ends with the X64 Exception Type error we had before. Has the code for AMD changed at all or is it something else. All tests of Clover were booting the same system with only r4392 booting successfully. Slice sorted it before in r4114.

Here's the debug log.

debug.log.zip

I'm getting a phantom installer entry here with r4424, even after already previously installing 10.13.4. If it helps, I am using only custom entries (no Auto or any tools or anything like that) and I do have a OS X Installer entry there normally, which should only appear when there's actually an update, otherwise it shouldn't appear in the list. Whatever changed in the last couple revisions has made it always appear, even though there shouldn't be an update or anything. In the meantime, I set that OS X Installer custom entry to hidden though that's not really desirable just in case there's actually an update and I need to see the OS X Installer entry. Might be limited to custom entries, not sure, haven't checked other options.

Edited by Awesome Donkey

13 minutes ago, Awesome Donkey said:

I'm getting a phantom installer entry here with r4424, even after already previously installing 10.13.4. If it helps, I am using only custom entries (no Auto or any tools or anything like that) and I do have a OS X Installer entry there normally, which should only appear when there's actually an update, otherwise it shouldn't appear in the list. Whatever changed in the last couple revisions has made it always appear, even though there shouldn't be an update or anything. In the meantime, I set that OS X Installer custom entry to hidden though that's not really desirable just in case there's actually an update and I need to see the OS X Installer entry. Might be limited to custom entries, not sure, haven't checked other options.

I had the same entry and I removed it by mounting the Preboot partition from another macOS (because if you mount the Preboot partition on the same macOS you can't modify it) and deleting the container inside the partition. I don't suggest using this method because it might be useful for future updates (although I did perform successful updates even without it) but yet again if this is related to clover maybe our devs can shed some light on the matter.

Yes, I brought the double entry issue to Sherlocks attention when he made the commit. He added the default macOS loader path to the installer paths array, and there are situations when both get detected now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, apianti said:

Yes, I brought the double entry issue to Sherlocks attention when he made the commit. He added the default macOS loader path to the installer paths array, and there are situations when both get detected now.

yes

i missed custom entry part and 10.10+ usb installer part. i checked their usb files tree.

and tested again.

@Cyberdevs @Awesome Donkey

please test and report. 

test.zip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Update:

macOS is detected as macOS and OS X is detected as OS X all is working as they supposed to. I tested Yosemite, El Capitan, macOS Sierra and High Sierra

Thanks again

Pre-Sierra versions should say OS X, Sierra and after should say macOS. That is what is happening? And no duplicates?

2 minutes ago, apianti said:

Pre-Sierra versions should say OS X, Sierra and after should say macOS. That is what is happening? And no duplicates?

Yup I know that Apple changed OS X to macOS since macOS Sierra and well in the GUI for Yosemite and El Capitan it says OS X and for Sierra it's also showing OS X just for High Sierra it says macOS.

18 minutes ago, apianti said:

old and last clover did not divide this name part of OS X and macOS. now, use OS X install

consider? i will test if need

Edited by Sherlocks

Just now, Sherlocks said:

old and last clover did not divide this part OS X and macOS. now, use OS X install

Yes in one of the screenshots I sent you there was macOS install for Sierra as well but now it only showing "Boot OS X Install..." that's weird.

I tested all versions you sent me but I can't reproduce the same results.

27 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

old and last clover did not divide this part OS X and macOS. now, use OS X install

Yeah, I don't know what you mean by this, it most certainly has the distinction. I said that as well when you committed the code. It should say macOS for Sierra not OS X.

2 minutes ago, apianti said:

Yeah, I don't know what you mean by this, it most certainly has the distinction. I said that as well when you committed the code. It should say macOS for Sierra not OS X.

yes. but i didn't touch name

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4022/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan/loader.c#l1158

it's same in old source. now i'm considering name.

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

yes. but i didn't touch name

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4022/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/entry_scan/loader.c#l1158

it's same in old source. now i'm considering name.

The problem with that assumption is that previous versions used that location, one of the updates to Sierra moved it from there to the location used in the line above that. But all versions of sierra are branded macOS not OS X. So you need to make a determination what version it is. However that's way too much work and those lines are dumb anyway, they should be replaced with this code:

for (Index = 0; Index < OSXInstallerPathsCount; ++Index) {
  if (AddLoaderEntry(OSXInstallerPaths[Index], NULL, L"macOS Install", Volume, NULL, OSTYPE_OSX_INSTALLER, 0)) {
    break;
  }
}

I still think that you have some situations where the installer won't appear if it's at the default location only with .IAPhysicalMedia present. I see no place where that is resolved, is that not the original issue? Also in custom entry, the path shouldn't be skipped if it's the second stage, it should be added as the installer type if appropriate.

EDIT: I'm not sure maybe it does work but wow it could be a whole lot better by just checking the file once later. Removing all that stuff, use the code above to detect installers. Then use this code to detect the default entry:

if (!FileExists(Volume->RootDir, L"\\.IAPhysicalMedia")) {
  if (EFI_ERROR(GetRootUUID(Volume)) || isFirstRootUUID(Volume)) {
    AddLoaderEntry(MACOSX_LOADER_PATH, NULL, L"macOS", Volume, NULL, OSTYPE_OSX, 0);
  }
} else if (Index >= OSXInstallerPathsCount) {
  AddLoaderEntry(MACOSX_LOADER_PATH, NULL, L"macOS Install", Volume, NULL, OSTYPE_OSX_INSTALLER, 0);
}

EDIT2: Just some typos.

EDIT3: Actually my logic was wrong so changed the if.

Edited by apianti
  • Like 2