13025 replies to this topic

papiercul

papiercul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Bronya is still there ......... :thumbsup_anim:  :w00t:  :yes:

Our brilliant coder Bronya took exactly 10 minutes to edit Clover so it works on Ryzen !!

After Chameleon, it is now the turn of Clover uefi.

thanks Bronya   :angel:

948216Photo0051.jpg

498039Photo0054.jpg

673462Photo0055.jpg

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 5,965 posts

May we know what is the patch? 

papiercul

papiercul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

You must see Bronya for the patch.

apianti

apianti

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 277 posts

I guess the osxaptio driver haven't update many years and i think it maybe some bugs with these new motherboards or chips and what a pity the damazr leave.

Now we may build a new driver to solve the memory allocation and this problem not only showed in Aptio BIOS but in almost all motherboards.

PS:Dont forge the Lowmenfix driver it may give some idea such as osxaptio-free2000 is osxaptiov2 + lowmenfix .

Don't forget that I helped dmazar with aptiofix, so it's not like there's no possibility of new driver, obviously I have been trying to gather information and maybe I'm close to writing something. Also, no, whatever you're talking about about those drivers is not what is happening, it's just a modified osxaptiofix that actually destroys a bunch of memory regions (has nothing to do with osxaptiofix2, maybe kinda like osxlowmemfix, but way worse). This method should only be used to know that your problem is memory fragmentation after you have exhausted all other methods just to boot - it should not be used for any sort of permanent use, let all to expect to get a stable system.

hmm interesting...
i had not tested -x in a while on my T460 SKL so i thought i would try:

- OsxAptioFix2Drv will NOT boot -x -v
- OsxAptioFixDrv does boot -x -v

I've discovered several bugs in both versions, they need to be fixed. I'm trying but I'm being pulled in a bunch of different directions currently.

As well there is no need to keep MatchOS and MatchBuild. Just make patch search to be unique.

MatchOS and MatchBuild are very useful features.

Yes, I agree, I was originally against as it actually causes more computations instead of less - not really saving much. But as I recall there were some patches that need to be changed differently for different versions so there was no other way to do that without distinguishing between the versions.

So we will never get Clover v3 hahahah

hahahahahahaha funny, do you have more jokes?

I'm obviously writing v3, I am just busy, I do this in my free time for nothing. Now, if there is anyone who would like to donate money to me through paypal so I can devote more time to doing this then please PM me and we can discuss and maybe get development moving faster.

You could specify 0 to replace all the occurrences, but specifying a correct value makes a faster patch.

As you mention we can specify 0 to catch all of them, or an accurate value.
Since this data lies near the end of the kext, there is probably no significant performance advantage to specifying anything other than zero.

The actual difference is probably nanoseconds no matter where in the kext/kernel. In-memory comparisons are quite fast since they are cache onto the CPU.

Download-Fritz

Download-Fritz

ygolohcysp desreveR

• Developers
  • 645 posts

Don't forget that I helped dmazar with aptiofix, so it's not like there's no possibility of new driver

Don't forget that it is OSS? :P I understand everything it does with the exception of a fix that is commented incorrectly. dmazar commented that removing the MemoryMap handoff on hibernate wake is equal to some other fix done on normal boot... though that fix on normal boot is long gone and the hibernate one persists. When removing it, RT var access does not work after hibernate wake, no clue why. I *could* imagine that due to flagging the old RT areas as a diff type, boot.efi saves and restores those old regions. When the MemoryMap handoff is present, boot.efi unmaps old RT pages and maps the new, that might be an issue, though that's pure speculation, I didn't look at it in at least a year.

magnifico

magnifico

The Special One

• Donators
  • 3,471 posts

I'm obviously writing v3, I am just busy, I do this in my free time for nothing. Now, if there is anyone who would like to donate money to me through paypal so I can devote more time to doing this then please PM me and we can discuss and maybe get development moving faster.

Agree...i dont see the button donate ..for me no problem

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy