Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Guys, I just want to clarify one thing, since it's a bit confusing to me. Starting with the addition of OsxAptioFix3Drv (which supports NVRAM), do we still need EmuVariableUefi for non-hardware NVRAM motherboards, such as series 100, in order to have the Nvidia Driver working?

They seem to work very well in parallel. But I was just wondering if this particular piece of software (the Nvidia driver) will still work without the EmuVariable driver (considering I'm using OsxAptioFix3 instead). Has anyone tried that so far?

Guys, I just want to clarify one thing, since it's a bit confusing to me. Starting with the addition of OsxAptioFix3Drv (which supports NVRAM), do we still need EmuVariableUefi for non-hardware NVRAM motherboards, such as series 100, in order to have the Nvidia Driver working?

They seem to work very well in parallel. But I was just wondering if this particular piece of software (the Nvidia driver) will still work without the EmuVariable driver (considering I'm using OsxAptioFix3 instead). Has anyone tried that so far?

Yes we no longer need EmuVariableUefi for Nvidia.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Since rev980 Clover has enough functions to make iMessage working.

You have to set correct UUID, sn, ROM, MLB and register Apple services official way agree with all Apple's claim.

No matter what I try I cannot get iMessage to work. Do you have any guides to get it working?

• Like 1

Series 100 and up is exactly what AF3 fixes...
  • Like 2

No matter what I try I cannot get iMessage to work. Do you have any guides to get it working?

Series 100 and up is exactly what AF3 fixes...

Got it. Thank you both very much for your feedback! :) So far so good.

SavageAUS, I personally haven't gotten any issues with iMessage... So if the serials are right, so you can successfully authenticate on Apple's servers, I think...it should work...?

Do you get the generic message to contact Apple when you try to login? Or something else?

You need to dump some real MBL and MAC

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Got it. Thank you both very much for your feedback! :) So far so good.

SavageAUS, I personally haven't gotten any issues with iMessage... So if the serials are right, so you can successfully authenticate on Apple's servers, I think...it should work...?

Do you get the generic message to contact Apple when you try to login? Or something else?

Something like "an error occurred during authentication please try again".

I have working nvram.

My serial number is invalid according to apple.

My serial number matches to the right mac on everymac.

Ethernet is builtin and en0.

Have followed numerous guides.

Something like "an error occurred during authentication please try again".

Hmm... Did it work before? What changed in the meantime?

Also, are you using automatic time zone set to ON? If not, maybe you can switch it on... Some people say it could be a server issue here, caused by the wrong date and time. I could be very wrong though. I'm still trying to find a probable cause here. But...you can try. Maybe it helps.

Hmm... Did it work before? What changed in the meantime?

Also, are you using automatic time zone set to ON? If not, maybe you can switch it on... Some people say it could be a server issue here, caused by the wrong date and time. I could be very wrong though. I'm still trying to find a probable cause here. But...you can try. Maybe it helps.

No I've never ever had working iMessage.

I'll check time zone settings.

No I've never ever had working iMessage.

I'll check time zone settings.

I suggest you remove your device from iCloud, create a new config.plist and then reconfigure your new config as same as the old one, after choosing the SMBIOS generate several serial numbers then in system parameters create a new custom UUID and then go to Rt Variables and generate a new ROM then save the config and reboot.

Just copy the existing EFI folder on a USB disk just in case if anything goes wrong then try with the new settings and sign in iCloud and iMessage.

• Like 1

I suggest you remove your device from iCloud, create a new config.plist and then reconfigure your new config as same as the old one, after choosing the SMBIOS generate several serial numbers then in system parameters create a new custom UUID and then go to Rt Variables and generate a new ROM then save the config and reboot.

Just copy the existing EFI folder on a USB disk just in case if anything goes wrong then try with the new settings and sign in iCloud and iMessage.

Yeah I've tried that and didn't work unfortunately. Could it be because I don't have an iPhone? And have never setup iMessage on a real mac?

Yeah I've tried that and didn't work unfortunately. Could it be because I don't have an iPhone? And have never setup iMessage on a real mac?

That would be interesting, I would imagine you could still use Messages without ever owning a phone but would only be able to send messages to Apple ID members only. Not sure if it would even be possible to activate Messages without activating the service on a iPhone first. 

That would be interesting, I would imagine you could still use Messages without ever owning a phone but would only be able to send messages to Apple ID members only. Not sure if it would even be possible to activate Messages without activating the service on a iPhone first.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare iMessage account that works that I could test? You can change the password before allowing me to use it and change it again after.

Yeah that will explain it

You need to dump some real MBL and MAC

I have own MLB and MAC, non-Apple. And I registered AppleID before I bought iPhone. All works!

I have to remind that you should have a payable account (VISA or something else).

I have own MLB and MAC, non-Apple. And I registered AppleID before I bought iPhone. All works!

I have to remind that you should have a payable account (VISA or something else).

I do have my visa card attached to my apple id.

Unless a sure fire way is described I'll wait a few months when I switch from android to apple.

No Visa non payable account.

Why my PC install Clover 4380 - 4387 - 4391 to HDD  bios UEFI - GPT boot into macOS 10.13.2 & 10.13.3 verry slow 15 minute ?

Install for UEFI booting only

Install Clover in the ESP

OsxAptioFix2Drv + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

HELP ME ? THANK

ScreenShot2018-01-24at2.15.25AM.png

ScreenShot2018-01-24at2.16.33AM.png

hello

maybe u don't need

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

try without it and use 

OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

good hackI install Cliver 4391 on HDD

I insstall Clover 4391 on HDD bios UEFI- GPT

- Install for UEFI booting - only

- Install Clover in the ESP

- OsxAptioFix2Drv + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

ScreenShot2018-01-24at2.15.25AM.png

ScreenShot2018-01-24at2.16.33AM.png

I download FakeSMC unzip & copy 6 file to my Clover 4391 on HDD path EFI\Clover\Kexts\other

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

ScreenShot2018-01-24at3.45.36AM.png

ScreenShot2018-01-24at3.46.46AM.png

Boot to login green verry fast 1minute

Thank

I insstall Clover 4391 on HDD bios UEFI- GPT

- Install for UEFI booting - only

- Install Clover in the ESP

- OsxAptioFix2Drv + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

I download FakeSMC unzip & copy 6 file to my Clover 4391 on HDD path EFI\Clover\Kexts\other

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

Boot to login green verry fast 1minute

Thank

HWMonitor is an app, there's no need to have it on CLOVER/Kexts/Other, Lol. Put that in /Applications.

Like people said, use OsxAptioFix3 without Emuvariable. Make a backup USB first in case it doesn't boot.

You can also try with AptioMemoryFix instead of OsxAptio.

• Like 1

Also, @el_charllie, if I may, I think you don't need RC scripts anymore...if you're using OsxAptioFix3Drv. Someone, please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't have any issues so far without that.

Now, I know Clover is meant to be as customisable as possible, so people can use whatever they need, if they need it, and it's been an amazing tool for me for YEARS, but for the sake of usability, do you guys think it would be maybe better to allow users to select only drivers which are not mutually exclusive?

For example, if you select OsxAptioFix3Drv, automatically deselect EmuVariableUefi since you don't need it anymore? This way, it's clear for everyone that they are doing the same thing, and they're not needed (or not supposed to work) together. In this particular case, having them both won't create any issues (at least as far as I'm concerned), but there could be cases where you're not supposed to mix two drivers, because that WILL create issues. And, especially for those cases, such a feature would be nice to have.

I know this is like a minor "issue" (if you can call it an issue in the first place). I don't know... It's just an idea. :)

Also, I know that someone will probably come back and say something like "Clover is not meant for stupid people" :)). Still, I think it would be a good idea for newcomers. Clover has a pretty steep learning curve, in my opinion. And I personally found a lot of things to be confusing at the beginning (especially coming from Chameleon).

Point I'm trying to make is this: I know it's not for "stupid people". Still, I don't think that's a reason not to make it a bit more user friendly, if that helps to avoid confusion (and possible issues) for newcomers.

• Like 4