Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,809 posts in this topic

It is SandyBridge and deviceID=0x106. It is definitely HD3000

Hi Slice,

thank you for the reply

I inserted the string but i don't know if i did right, nothing changes and not given the boot-args.

I enclose config.plist

Thank You very much

I see you set VRAM=64Mb. It is not sufficient to have acceleration in MacOSX. Look you setting in BIOS to increase this value.

Not sure if config.plist may help here.

It is SandyBridge and deviceID=0x106. It is definitely HD3000

I see you set VRAM=64Mb. It is not sufficient to have acceleration in MacOSX. Look you setting in BIOS to increase this value.

Not sure if config.plist may help here.

The key AAPL,ig-platform-id needs to be injected for HD3000 graphics acceleration to work.

Look in an ioreg from a MacBookPro10,1 for mobile...

The key AAPL,ig-platform-id needs to be injected for HD3000 graphics acceleration to work.

Look in an ioreg from a MacBookPro10,1 for mobile...

MacBookPro10,1 has HD4000, no?

• Like 1

MacBookPro10,1 has HD4000, no?

Oops... you're right.

Had them confused.

It's an earlier model I mean...

Oops... you're right.

Had them confused.

It's an earlier model I mean...

I took ioreg from MacBookPro8,2 with HD3000 and there is no ig-platform-id. It is for 4000 only.

@Andy Vandijck -

i have a laptop with HD3000 (only) gfx. MacBookPro8,1 is a good match. happy to help you get it running if i can. however, i use dsdt.aml.

Note: i could be wrong, but i think HD 3000 gfx is only with 2nd gen core i3/i5/i7. Pentium procs have HD Graphics, no? it maybe "sandy bridge" but ...

"The Pentium B980 integrates a graphics card called Intel HD Graphics that is based on the desktopHD Graphics 2000 clocked at 650 / 1150 (with Turbo Boost)."

@Andy Vandijck -

i have a laptop with HD3000 (only) gfx. MacBookPro8,1 is a good match. happy to help you get it running if i can. however, i use dsdt.aml.

Note: i could be wrong, but i think HD 3000 gfx is only with 2nd gen core i3/i5/i7. Pentium procs have HD Graphics, no? it maybe "sandy bridge" but ...

"The Pentium B980 integrates a graphics card called Intel HD Graphics that is based on the desktopHD Graphics 2000 clocked at 650 / 1150 (with Turbo Boost)."

As i allready say it.

U are right pentiums dont even have hd 2000/3000 its only intel hd graphics.

http://www.cpu-world.com/info/Intel/Features_of_integrated_Intel_HD_graphics_units.html

Hi everyone,

I'm desperetaly trying to get Clover to work on USB to try it out with my existing Installations. Already read a bunch of discussions, guides and threads about it, but I just couldn't nail it. The resulting stick never gets recognized after UEFI load (I did of course change boot orders). It goes directly into my existing Installation on most occasions. I did have two cases where the screen just went black and one where I had a Slash stuck in the corner. I tried different versions of Clover, different partition formats, different install methods. The most recent installer (v2_r1526) looks totally different to almost every documentation I can find online. In the SourceForge repository there's even a "bootable ISO" to download. Which I downloaded, mirrored to my stick and … nothing. I don't have to install an OS to the stick do I? I don't have to change anything in the UEFI more than the boot device, do I?

I cannot imagine to be the only fool who can edit VBIOS ROMs and Framebuffer but not install Clover to a pendrive…I'm crying, seriously.

My board is a GA-H77-D3H with a Xeon E3-1230v2 CPU. It's not like I haven't booted USB before on my board either…

I know this question is completely anti-1337 but as I say, I feel like there are more ppl like me out there who would really like to test clover but just can not get it to work for such simple things. Any ideas are incredibly welcome, sorry for my noobishness.

Greetings

Deri~

Thank you very much for not cutting my head off and throw it off the bridge. I will try to look into your suggestions asap as I'm currently occupied and will get back to it if I can get any success or something similar.

About BootableISO. It is intended to be burned on DVD because using specific CD drivers.

Or you can drag all files from the ISO to ESP partition of USB drive formatted to GPT.

Those are placeholders for missing images. Most likely you're victim of the recent change in the location of the theme definition. Before it was in refit.conf and was moved recently to the nvram. You can:

- compile the latest version that fixed this (rev1566: use refit.conf theme if NVRAM absent)

- type in a terminal: sudo nvram Clover.Theme=THEME_NAME and use the nvram instead of refit.conf from now on

I'm trying to get Clover to work as well, but on boot I only get to see this. It's in the correct resolution though. Anyone seen this before?

Sorry, update Clover. The bug is corrected in 1570+

Hello again everybody,

I'm slowly getting desperate over this. I tried so many methods and files and settings I'm getting out of ideads what to really tell I'm doing wrong…

I format my USB to FAT/MBR and do a Standard! Installation via Clover Installer r1570.

When I reboot my system with the Stick attached, I change the boot order in my EFI/UEFI/BIOS whatever...to the USB Device and reboot. The next thing that happens is just a usual boot from chameleon. The device won't be detected. I then reboot and in EFI/UEFI/BIOS change bootable devices to UEFI only. I reboot and this time the stick gets detected but I get the same screen with placeholders like Fab1Man (With r1570!)

sam4654.jpg

I then tell myself: What gives, it's only images. My drives are there. So I boot my 3rd partition, which is my daily-use OSX. (The first two are system backups with the same config as #3 to mess around with updates etc.)

What happens next is this:

sam4653t.jpg

This happens exactly the same way when I

- add custom drivers and files on the installed stick as in here

- format the stick to GPT and install for UEFI only with the clover installer (this installation fails when formatted to FAT)

- try different setups with the installer

Some things I am confused about apart from the installer:

- Gigabyte states about the GA-H77-D3H on the official website that the BIOS is/has:

a] GIGABYTE 3D BIOS (Dual UEFI)

b] Use of licensed AMI EFI BIOS

c] Support for DualBIOS™

So what the hell is my BIOS/EFI/UEFI anyways? Is it hybrid? Is it EFI? Is it UEFI? I can't tell...It definetly has capabilities to support UEFI, but is it UEFI for that reason? I don't get it...

What is the sense to name it "HD Graphics" or "HD 3000" if I see deviceID=0x106 that corresponds to Apple's driver HD3000?

For Sandy Bridge, the framebuffer is AppleIntelSNBFramebuffer.kext. The property is AAPL,snb-platform-id. To ensure the HD3000 framebuffer loads, inject device-id 0126. Required IGPU/GFX0 dsdt injection:

For macbookpro8,1 (LVDS, DPx3)
"device-id",
					 Buffer (0x04)
					 {
						 0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
					 },
					 "AAPL,snb-platform-id",
					 Buffer (0x04)
					 {
						 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00
					 },

For macmini5,1 (DPx2, HDMI)
					 "device-id",
					 Buffer (0x04)
					 {
						 0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
					 },
					 "AAPL,snb-platform-id",
					 Buffer (0x04)
					 {
						 0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00
					 },

Credit: RevoGirl

• Like 2

With the options 'install Clover in ESP' and 'BIOS MBR boot0', clover installer did what you said.

But after reboot, i'm stuck in duet screen with no device detection : so no boot.

I saw that too. Try boot0hfs instead of boot0 (not sure if I have the names right - also the names have changed in the most recent Clover builds, ymmv).

I would like to start by

EFI with the new release of Clover EFI from Usb Stick

I tried to install Clover EFI package EFI only USB ( Fat32)

but nothing when I tell him to select EFI USB stick

I have only the black screen in the emergency command with the cursor flashing.

Can you give me a hand please?

I need advices about kext injections.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2-instructions/?do=findComment&comment=1853406

Should I use clover kext injections or should I install kexts with a tool like this one :

http://www.osx86.net/view/2514-latest_kext_utility_10.8_edition.html

Clover kext injection seems more slow...

What are the add and cons ?

I imagine that clover kext injection can be fine for testing for example ? But "normal" kexts installation are fine for definitive use ?

Or Clover kext injection are the best anyway in the point of view of simplicity and clarity ? (or maybe usefull only in case of multiple Os ?)

I would like to start by

EFI with the new release of Clover EFI from Usb Stick

I tried to install Clover EFI package EFI only USB ( Fat32)

but nothing when I tell him to select EFI USB stick

I have only the black screen in the emergency command with the cursor flashing.

Can you give me a hand please?

Did you try BootDiskUtility.exe ?

here is a too long help about this tool, but there good informations here :

http://www.osx86.net...enovo-g570.html

I have read your guide, but my problem is not that the key is not boottabile is the next step, because the motherboard find the presence of EFI file in the Key

I need advices about kext injections.

http://www.insanelym...s/#entry1853406

Should I use clover kext injections or should I install kexts with a tool like this one :

http://www.osx86.net....8_edition.html

Clover kext injection seems more slow...

What are the add and cons ?

I imagine that clover kext injection can be fine for testing for example ? But "normal" kexts installation are fine for definitive use ?

Or Clover kext injection are the best anyway in the point of view of simplicity and clarity ? (or maybe usefull only in case of multiple Os ?)

Use clover only when installing OSX or having problems with installed one in S/L/E,otherwise install kext in S/L/E

• Like 1