xelanaiznac

xelanaiznac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

hi guys. 

want to share with you a strange thing.

i have a maximus VIII gene + 6700k + 980ti and I used to install Sierra on that hack without using emuvariable64uefi.

yesterday I flash the new bios than I did I clean install and the result is that if I don't use emuvariable64uefi, Nvidia driver doesn't load.

so my question is: is emuvariable64uefi needed for Sierra?

I'm pretty sure that I did in the past month clean instal of Sierra without using it!!

Fljagd

Fljagd

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 912 posts

hi guys. 

i have a maximus VIII gene + 6700k + 980ti and I used to install Sierra on that hack without using emuvariable64uefi.

yesterday I flash the new bios than I did I clean install and the result is that if I don't use emuvariable64uefi, Nvidia driver doesn't load.

I'm pretty sure that I did in the past month clean instal of Sierra without using it!!

For my part, I do not use it

Attached Files

oswaldini

oswaldini

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

hi guys. 

Asus changed 3xxx BIOSes and brake nvram, same here for Z170 Pro Gaming BIOS 3016.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 5,676 posts

hi guys. 

For my GA-Z170X there are rules:

if BIOS F5 then emuvariable64uefi is not needed

if BIOS F20 then needed else graphics card will not light.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootloader, EFI, Clover

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy