Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

It gave me sed: 1: "s/.*<//;s/>.*//;}": unexpected }

Sorry, my bad, corrected below...

ioreg -lw0 -p IODeviceTree -n efi -r -x | grep device-properties | sed 's/.*<//;s/>.*//;'

[EDIT]

You always can use DarwinDumper > http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=282794

Nope, not yet. If you're meaning the perl script.

Yes, you can patch manually or you can let Clover do this...

<key>AppleRTC</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thank you for the info. This parameter is for quiet boot, right?

Yes...

@dmazar

No, no. For UEFI boot definately needed in /efi/drivers64UEFI: HFSPlus (or VboxHfs) and FatBin. Then try to boot.

If this does not work, then add LowMemFix and try to boot.

If still does not work, then remove LowMemFix and add AptioFix (so, HFS, FatBin and AptioFix). aptioFix requires adding "slide=0" to boot args in config.plist.

If this does not work, then there is a problem.

Seems like there is a problem. :( I've tried everything you mentioned, but still can't boot with UEFI. :(

Yes, you can patch manually or you can let Clover do this...

<key>AppleRTC</key>

<string>

Yes

</string>

@kyndder

Tried both. Pearl script ...

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

and ...

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
 <key>AppleRTC</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
</dict>

​... unfortunately with the same result, no screen after sleep. Without DSDT everything works fine. So is this something DSDT related or could it be something hardware related?

@kyndder

Tried both. Pearl script ..

​... unfortunately with the same result, no screen after sleep. Without DSDT everything works fine. So is this something DSDT related or could it be something hardware related?

Did you have SBUS fix on your DSDT???

If yes, did you already tried to wake your machine using the power button instead of moving the mouse or pressing some keyboard key???

Without DSDT everything works fine. So is this something DSDT related or could it be something hardware related?

Yes, it is DSDT related. Why you need your quirky DSDT if without it "all works fine"?

• Like 1

It showed "There is a problem with TSC detection and calibration! Assume calibrated one" before getting into the harddrive-selecting screen.

How can I do to fix this error?

I remember it didn't have this problem when I was using Clover r718.

I'm using r732 now.

@kyndder

Did you have SBUS fix on your DSDT???

If yes, did you already tried to wake your machine using the power button instead of moving the mouse or pressing some keyboard key???

Yes, I have. I'm only able to wake my computer from sleep using power button. Pressing keybord keys won't work for me in Clover.

@Slice

Yes, it is DSDT related. Why you need your quirky DSDT if without it "all works fine"?

Thank you for the info. Why do I need my DSDT ... this is a good question! ;) My "old" machine wasn't able to boot without DSDT and editing DSDT brought me some benefits, so I decided to create a DSDT for my new machine.

I guess I'll have to check whats wrong with my edits and meanwhile work without DSDT. But my primary goal is to get Clover booting with UEFI.

I'm only able to wake my computer from sleep using power button. Pressing keybord keys won't work for me in Clover.

For me works the same way... I really don't know if there's a fix for this... In true, I do not usually use sleep function...

Why you don't give a try (if you already not) to Clover's automatic DSDT fix ??? > #7

But Slice is right, if you have everything working fine without DSDT, you should not use it...

About Clover's direct UEFI boot I can't tell you anything, you will have to wait till someone with the needed

knowledge to answer...

It showed "There is a problem with TSC detection and calibration! Assume calibrated one" before getting into the harddrive-selecting screen.

How can I do to fix this error?

I remember it didn't have this problem when I was using Clover r718.

I'm using r732 now.

This is a bug but not influence on functionality. Hope will be resolved soon.

I could use some help getting Clover working with my Nvidia 560m. I have set Graphics Injector to "Yes" however I never get to the login screen from a verbose boot. The card works without issue under Chameleon but my laptop has CMOS corruption issues that I hope to fix with Clover's NMI patching.

So what is wrong with ProjectOSX site??

Seems to be getting harder to access.

+1

i have massive probs since one week to get access :worried_anim:

IPS Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Most of the time down with above message

Slice, will you fix the third-part USB3 problem in Clover? (Boot0:Done7)

Does anyone who enable onboard third-part USB3.0 be capable of booting with Clover?

(I'm guessing UEFI should be fine with Clover when third-part USB3 is enabled.)

Slice, will you fix the third-part USB3 problem in Clover? (Boot0:Done7)

Does anyone who enable onboard third-part USB3.0 be capable of booting with Clover?

(I'm guessing UEFI should be fine with Clover when third-part USB3 is enabled.)

For me bios booting only works with USB3 ( Etron EJ168 ) disabled.

Can't say anything about UEFI...

Works OK with PXHCD.kext....

But I'm not using the kext anymore (also disabled in BIOS) because I don't have any USB3.0 device....

Works OK with PXHCD.kext....

But I'm not using the kext anymore (also disabled in BIOS) because I don't have any USB3.0 device....

I'm curious with which PXHCD.kext you got your USB3 working !

There are some patches floating around but none of them worked for me.

My mobo has the same controller as yours, so i'd like to try out !

Would you please share a link or upload that file ?

Thank you

Haven't tried for a while, unless something has drastically changed, could not boot at all.

Have been using Clover (boot) up until now.

I think rEFInd is better suited to the task at hand, and that is booting rEFit_UEFI (CloverX64.efi) straight UEFI mode.

So Clover (boot) is for Hacks and rEFInd is for Macs, simple.

If I had a Mac, I would be using rEFInd, So Now I use it for my Hack "As My Hack Is Now A Mac"

I am not clear about what you are speaking.

Vanilla DUET is not working for OSX

rEFIt and rEFInd doesn't boot HackOSX

So why Clover project was burned. We are working not for cosmetic.

No, no. For UEFI boot definately needed in /efi/drivers64UEFI: HFSPlus (or VboxHfs) and FatBin. Then try to boot.

If this does not work, then add LowMemFix and try to boot.

If still does not work, then remove LowMemFix and add AptioFix (so, HFS, FatBin and AptioFix). aptioFix requires adding "slide=0" to boot args in config.plist.

If this does not work, then there is a problem.

Hi dmazar,

After flash my old F7 BIOS of my GA P67A-D3-B3 for the U1a Firmware of GA P67A-UD3-B3 using "flashrom", I'm able to direct boot Clover's "BOOTX64.efi"...

However, seems that none of HFS drivers are working on my machine... I followed all your instructions quoted above

with no apparent effect as I can't boot OS X... Windows and Linux booting from Clover works OK...

Do you have any hint???

post-628175-0-98948900-1350028799_thumb.jpg

Hi dmazar,

After flash my old F7 BIOS of my GA P67A-D3-B3 for the U1a Firmware of GA P67A-UD3-B3 using "flashrom", I'm able to direct boot Clover's "BOOTX64.efi"...

However, seems that none of HFS drivers are working on my machine... I followed all your instructions quoted above

with no apparent effect as I can't boot OS X... Windows and Linux booting from Clover works OK...

Do you have any hint???

post-628175-0-98948900-1350028799_thumb.jpg

So you flash the Bios with the UEFI firmware of P67A-UD3-B3?? That's amazing! XD Won't it be dangerous?

I'm wondering why gigabyte don't release other firmware for P67, since it seems you don't get much problem with the un-mach firmware, do you?