Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I have <key>AsusAICPUPM</key>and <key>KernelIvyXCPM</key> I removed the <key>AppleIntelCPUPM</key> too.

I  try KernelIvyXCPM=true  alone, and panic cpu as I say before  :) 

You were lack of the critical patch - _xcpm_bootstrap from what I could see in your old post. So XCPM wasn't really enabled, and previous you were probably playing with AICPUPM. To be honest, it's hard for me to say the difference with the two screenshots that you posted.

Fair enough, I will do some more tests and see how it goes :)

Update: If there's anything that I can provide to help out I'll be more than happy to oblige.

If only setting KernelIvyXCPM = true leads to a kernel panic, then this may be implying us that MSR 0xE2 is locked. Simply turning on KernelPm then.

If with KernelIvyXCPM & KernelPm = true and sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.mode returns 0, then I can't explain why... That's just weird.

I will try again KernelIvyXCPM & KernelPm = true and if sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.mode returns 0: Maybe i can't use your great job on my system.

Update: KernelIvyXCPM & KernelPm = true, panic cpu

Thanks

Sorry for my english

I  try KernelIvyXCPM=true  alone, and panic cpu as I say before  :) 

You need also this key

<key>KernelPm</key>

<true/>

maybe your config.plist not good ?
or Clover révision ?

You need also this key

<key>KernelPm</key>

<true/>

maybe your config.plist not good ?
or Clover révision ?

With KernelIVyXCPM+KernelPm, ----> panic cpu as I said in post #14131

For me it works on 10.12.6 and 10.13 PB5

Here is my config.plist you might need to add nvidia flags because I use and AMD GPU

I try it tomorrow morning. Because I have to take care of my nephew. Thanks 

@Matgen84

do you use xcpm_bootstrap? if so disable it and try again.

I just added these patches and I get kernel panic:

Find: 8d43c483 f822    Replace: 8d43c183 f822    xcpm bootstrap  derived from Pike R. Alpha's Ivy Bridge patch
  • Like 1

@PMheart

I perform a fresh Install High Sierra BETA 5 in my Probook

I post result and boot log soon

EDI*** Done with the Clover boot Log

Here you go fresh install High Sierra Beta 5 

Full XCPM Support  :w00t:  :thumbsup_anim:

Congrats this is working so perfect !!!

sans_t30.jpg

Clover Boot Log.txt.zip

• Like 2

@Matgen84

do you use xcpm_bootstrap? if so disable it and try again.

I just added these patches and I get kernel panic:

Find: 8d43c483 f822    Replace: 8d43c183 f822    xcpm bootstrap  derived from Pike R. Alpha's Ivy Bridge patch

For one of my test, I just use PMHeart patch not xcpm bootstrap.

@PMHeart @cyberdevs @Chris1111

With r4156, KernelIVyXCPM+KernelPm=true all work fine with Sierra config.plist from my HDD.

I don't know why. Perhaps because all my testing were done with r4154; sorry, I forgot that.

post-1110743-0-82730400-1502433841_thumb.png

• Like 3

I guess that explains why KernelIvyXCPM only worked on 10.11.6 here.

While we're talking about all this stuff, it would be nice if Clover integrated stinga11's patches for SNB-E. Maybe two-thirds of the config.plist on my X79 consists of the patches that enable this from 10.9-10.13.

Does Clover include the patch for Ivy Bridge-E PM?  I have the Xeon E5-2697v2 and only need the 10.12 X79PlatformPlugin.kext no need for CPU patching.  Would I still need this kext or is there some setting in clover that will apply this as well?

Does Clover include the patch for Ivy Bridge-E PM?  I have the Xeon E5-2697v2 and only need the 10.12 X79PlatformPlugin.kext no need for CPU patching.  Would I still need this kext or is there some setting in clover that will apply this as well?

No. Ivy-E is an XCPM unsupported model. AICPUPM should be the best solution I guess. (Note that there's even AICPUPM workaround mode for Ivy-E like they did for MacPro6,1, this is the only way to get a frequency lower than 1600Mhz with AICPUPM as far as I know) Although XCPM could also be enabled properly on Ivy-E in principle...

AFAIK, only SNB-E needs patching. IVB-E is natively supported.

I don't use the X79PlatformPlugin kext here as that's only for MP6,1 and I use MP5,1.

True.

Sigh... MP5,1 doesn't even have X86 support, so the data is missing undoubtedly. Maybe it's better to fill the data, for example something from MP6,1. (Remove pmspFile to prevent KP)

If you prefer Clover kext injection for that, I think CPUFriend might help you.

• Like 2

Yes, all the scripts should be 755.

@syscl, PMheart, Sherlocks, whoever else commited after 4128:

There are a ton of mistakes. Please look back over your code and correctly use UINTN, UINT32, UINT64. Also you cannot place declarations after a statement, so those declarations of patches need to be moved outside the functions or to the beginning before any statements. You should disable GCC C extensions as they make the compiler act like C++ instead of C, which causes all sorts of problems when another compiler is used.

EDIT: In case you are wondering, no, I cannot build if I don't use GCC...

• Like 2

Yes, all the scripts should be 755.

@syscl, PMheart, Sherlocks, whoever else commited after 4128:

There are a ton of mistakes. Please look back over your code and correctly use UINTN, UINT32, UINT64. Also you cannot place declarations after a statement, so those declarations of patches need to be moved outside the functions or to the beginning before any statements. You should disable GCC C extensions as they make the compiler act like C++ instead of C, which causes all sorts of problems when another compiler is used.

EDIT: In case you are wondering, no, I cannot build if I don't use GCC...

Just wondering... you're using a C compiler that doesn't support C99?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C99

Yes, of course, but not by default, almost every compiler is by default ANSI C89/90. Except for GCC which is C90 with GCC-specific extensions.

If the intention is to build Clover without C99, perhaps it should be disabled when building with Xcode. Then you don't have to worry about devs adding code that depend on it.

IMHO, Seems ok to rely on tech (C99) that was ratified more than 17 years ago.