Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,809 posts in this topic

This is something I have never seen before installing Sierra 10.12.5 or 10.12.6 or even possibly from the newest versions of Clover 41xx. Any suggestions on what to remove or add in clover to clear this ACPI AE Error, seems to be CPU related?

I have seen this on older systems and newer ones in my signature so its not singled out to any one piece of hardware.

Everything still seems to work correctly CPU/GPU PM sleep/wake/shutdown etc.

post-135888-0-61503400-1501110660_thumb.jpg

That's a great tip. I never thought of using Darwin Dumper for that. It did pull up the same EDID I got using other tools, and in fact, whether I choose to inject custom EDID or not, Clover does find the same EDID.

But, using Monitor Asset Manager in Windows, I get the same basic EDID but there is more code afterward:

From both Darwin Dumper and letting Clover inject:

00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,10,AC,67,D0,53,33,30,30,

05,1A,01,03,80,3C,22,78,EE,44,55,A9,55,4D,9D,26,

0F,50,54,A5,4B,00,B3,00,D1,00,71,4F,A9,40,81,80,

77,80,01,01,01,01,56,5E,00,A0,A0,A0,29,50,30,20,

35,00,55,50,21,00,00,1A,00,00,00,FF,00,48,37,59,

43,43,36,32,33,30,30,33,53,0A,00,00,00,FC,00,44,

45,4C,4C,20,55,32,37,31,35,48,0A,20,00,00,00,FD,

00,38,56,1E,71,1E,00,0A,20,20,20,20,20,20,01,23,

Additional lines using MAM:

02,03,22,F1,4F,10,05,04,03,02,07,16,01,14,1F,12,

13,20,21,22,23,09,07,07,83,01,00,00,65,03,0C,00,

10,00,02,3A,80,18,71,38,2D,40,58,2C,25,00,55,50,21,00,00,1E,01,1D,80,18,71,1C,16,20,58,2C,25,00,

55,50,21,00,00,9E,01,1D,00,72,51,D0,1E,20,6E,28,55,00,55,50,21,00,00,1E,8C,0A,D0,8A,20,E0,2D,10,

10,3E,96,00,55,50,21,00,00,18,48,3F,00,CA,80,80,30,40,1A,50,13,00,55,50,21,00,00,1E,00,00,00,94

BUT regardless of which I use, I still never get 1920x1080 resolution. (I wouldn’t even dream for 2560x1440!)

My mobo is legacy and no UEFI, therefore has no switch for CSM. What I understated, and I may be wrong, is that he EVGA NVIDIA 750ti is UEFI compatible though. Not sure how this helps.

I have the BIOS for my card that I download from TechPowerUp. I have tried renaming it and putting it in the ROM folder but that does nor work either.

The issue might be exactly the motherboard you're using here... I could be wrong though.

Anyway, this is what it looks like when you don't have a UEFI VBIOS installed on your GPU.

post-1303722-0-18776300-1501236784_thumb.gif

And this when you do.

post-1303722-0-22217500-1501236781_thumb.png

I don't know what the ROM folder is for....never used it, but I'm not sure it's for that... Again, I could be wrong.

My suggestions are:

1. check if your video card already has a UEFI BIOS installed. The fact that is compatible doesn't mean it's already installed.

2. maybe upgrade your motherboard...? You could find UEFI boards for very cheap nowadays. I'm not saying buy the cheapest one. I'm just saying it's worth investing in a new motherboard.

By the way, I also have a 2K monitor and I do have native resolution (2560x1440) in preboot. So...it's up to you. :)

Hi arsradu! There are some app to get this info into macOS?

For NVIDIA cards, I'm not sure... I don't think there is any.

A few pages back, Slice mentioned something about a specific identifier for ATI cards. And how, based on that information, you can determine if your card has a UEFI VBIOS or not... Now, in our cases, this does not help, since we have Nvidia cards. So no, I don't know another way.

By the way, I've got a question for everyone here (it might be only in the latest release of Clover, didn't pay attention to it before, it might be an older change that caused this), but was this always a thing for Clover to make a zip of CLOVERX64.efi inside the CLOVER folder? :))

Just curious. Doesn't seem to affect the functionality in anyway. And the update from 4114 to 4128 went without any issues (I'm on r4128 now). Just seemed a bit strange. And I was wondering whether or not it's intended. And if it is, what's the reason for this archive.

post-1303722-0-52473400-1501250568_thumb.png

A few pages back, Slice mentioned something about a specific identifier for ATI cards. And how, based on that information, you can determine if your card has a UEFI VBIOS or not... Now, in our cases, this does not help, since we have Nvidia cards. So no, I don't know another way.

By the way, I've got a question for everyone here (it might be only in the final release of Clover, didn't pay attention to it before, it might be an older change that caused this), but was this always a thing for Clover to make a zip of CLOVERX64.efi inside the CLOVER folder? :))

Just curious. Doesn't seem to affect the functionality in anyway. And the update from 4114 to 4128 went without any issues (I'm on r4128 now). Just seemed a bit strange. And I was wondering whether or not it's intended. And if it is, what's the reason for this archive.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-07-28 at 5.04.21 PM.png

No zip file here with r4128 or lower version.

No zip file here with r4128 or lower version.

I'll check at home, as well... Maybe it's only for Skylake systems....? God knows. As I said, it doesn't affect anything. I could simply delete it and everything would be fine. But I was curious...

Anyway, I'll check again when I get home (with the build in my signature) and update you guys on the matter. Nothing to worry about. Just my curiosity.

I just tried to install it from scratch (build 4128) on an EFI partition where I didn't have it before (well, it was, but I removed it), and it still created that zip. I guess it could be for backup purposes...? But that's why I thought I would ask you guys. Maybe you know something.

I'll check at home, as well... Maybe it's only for Skylake systems....? God knows. As I said, it doesn't affect anything. I could simply delete it and everything would be fine. But I was curious...

Anyway, I'll check again when I get home (with the build in my signature) and update you guys on the matter. Nothing to worry about. Just my curiosity.

I just tried to install it from scratch (build 4128) on an EFI partition where I didn't have it before (well, it was, but I removed it), and it still created that zip. I guess it could be for backup purposes...? But that's why I thought I would ask you guys. Maybe you know something.

arsradu, thanks for response. I'm having the .zip file too.

By the way, I've got a question for everyone here (it might be only in the latest release of Clover, didn't pay attention to it before, it might be an older change that caused this), but was this always a thing for Clover to make a zip of CLOVERX64.efi inside the CLOVER folder? :))

There's nothing here either. Clover r4128. I have never noticed any zip file in my clover folder.

... but was this always a thing for Clover to make a zip of CLOVERX64.efi inside the CLOVER folder? :)

I also get no *.zip file on my EFI Partition with Clover Legacy though..  r4128 too  :rolleyes:

post-826765-0-73635200-1501254779_thumb.jpg

Thanks everybody. Unfortunately my boot is too fast on SSD hfs partition beta 4 (17A315i) clover 4128 to tell you if there are (and what kind) errors. W-Fi network starts immediately and monitor preferences appears an main bar.

The only way I can get a snapshot of the kernel verbose boot is to use the new camera feature rapid shot on the latest iPhones may have been able to do this in iPhone 5 not sure but should be able to do this on iPhone 6 and 7.  It can take up to 200 frames, I look through them and save the ones that pickup anything unusual. You can almost see it even it if boots fast but no way you will know what the error is unless you can catch it with a photo snapshot.

hello

clover 4128

already have the zip file in efi folder from the clover installer pkg

see that with pacifist

maybe slice create that in this src .. only the one download from source forge .. the one I compile don't have that zip file

good hack

• Like 3

Can I know how to fix unknown CPU 

I try with clover type 2561 not work

post-413859-0-86413500-1501289151_thumb.png

post-413859-0-64231300-1501289158_thumb.png

For everyone wondering, there is no zipping of anything in the build script. What happened was that slice zipped up a clover binary in the build output folder for someone for some thing, I can't remember where/when (obviously recent) but if you look I'm sure you will find it. He then didn't remove the zip from the output of the build so when he built the next time it was still there and accidentally included in the package.

@xtddd,

nmano has a HASWELL-E so it should be cool with some minor patching. What CPU do you have? Usually the MacPro models are the worst ones to attempt use.

Thanks everybody. Unfortunately my boot is too fast on SSD hfs partition beta 4 (17A315i) clover 4128 to tell you if there are (and what kind) errors. W-Fi network starts immediately and monitor preferences appears an main bar.

Do these errors not appear in the Console.app system log??? Or can you not boot into system?

The only way I can get a snapshot of the kernel verbose boot is to use the new camera feature rapid shot on the latest iPhones may have been able to do this in iPhone 5 not sure but should be able to do this on iPhone 6 and 7.  It can take up to 200 frames, I look through them and save the ones that pickup anything unusual. You can almost see it even it if boots fast but no way you will know what the error is unless you can catch it with a photo snapshot.

Is this stuff not in the log???

• Like 1

Clover Linux Boot: Kernel Panic

I can't boot my Arch Linux Installation any more with Clover, getting a kernel Panic.

When starting via Linux Boot Manager (systemd-boot) the system is starting up correctly.

Starting via Clover: Kernel Panic

Any idea why this is happening suddenly?

To verify, today i installed a completely new Arch Linux minimal System, and i am getting the same problem:

* Boot with Clover: Linux kernel Panic

* Boot with Linux Boot Manager: system boots normally up and is running.

Mac and Win are booting o.k with Clover.

Using the latest Clover Version from Sourceforge.

Am attaching my config.plist and the systemd-boot loader configuration

Please let me know, if other infos/files are needed!

Thanks,

Max

config.plist.zip

loader.zip

Clover Linux Boot: Kernel Panic

I can't boot my Arch Linux Installation any more with Clover, getting a kernel Panic.

When starting via Linux Boot Manager (systemd-boot) the system is starting up correctly.

Starting via Clover: Kernel Panic

Any idea why this is happening suddenly?

To verify, today i installed a completely new Arch Linux minimal System, and i am getting the same problem:

* Boot with Clover: Linux kernel Panic

* Boot with Linux Boot Manager: system boots normally up and is running.

Mac and Win are booting o.k with Clover.

Using the latest Clover Version from Sourceforge.

Am attaching my config.plist and the systemd-boot loader configuration

Please let me know, if other infos/files are needed!

Thanks,

Max

Installing arch linux now to test will edit with comments.

I'm not sure if this is a clover issue, but I believe it might be:

El Capitan 2017-003 Security Update for 10.11.6 has caused issues booting on one of my machines (others are starting to report this issue too). For me, I get stuck at the OsxAptioFixDrv screen (before loading OS X). For others, it restarts in an infinite loop. For me it just hangs.

Would this have something to do with the Clover configuration? I was on r4061 and I updated to the latest stable, still having those issues. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have the EXACT same behaviour.

I tried OsxAptioFixDrv.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi, Clover r4097 r4084 r3270.

There is already a ticket on sourceforge #381, but maybe someone here has an idea  :P

There seems to be a new kernel ... Is this the reason why ?

kernels.zip

I have the EXACT same behaviour.

I tried OsxAptioFixDrv.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi, Clover r4097 r4084 r3270.

There is already a ticket on sourceforge #381, but maybe someone here has an idea

There seems to be a new kernel ... Is this the reason why ?

I will check on my old laptop

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1