Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to turn off Mac emulation in Clover? Such that I'm only using it to emulate Uefi environments and load Windows from an Nvme drive.. Dont want added tables and smbios alterations.

Thank you

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to turn off Mac emulation in Clover? Such that I'm only using it to emulate Uefi environments and load Windows from an Nvme drive.. Dont want added tables and smbios alterations.

Thank you

Well you can build the firmware yourself and add the nvme driver, then place whatever you want to boot at \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi. Otherwise, no.

EDIT: Err, actually, if you boot windows then it's just booting windows, it doesn't change to apple tables.

• Like 1

Hi guys! I have successfully enabled FileVault 2 , and it is working wonderful. My only thing is that now I have 3 entries in my GUI .

I would like to only have one, which in my case is "Boot macOS from Recovery HD " which is the entry with FileVault. How can I hide the other ones and make a custom entry for that one???

post-1517295-0-92672900-1500449967_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-34818600-1500449976_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-79255100-1500449985_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-82196000-1500449995_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-15144200-1500450004_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-96884300-1500450011_thumb.png

Hi guys! I have successfully enabled FileVault 2 , and it is working wonderful. My only thing is that now I have 3 entries in my GUI .

I would like to only have one, which in my case is "Boot macOS from Recovery HD " which is the entry with FileVault. How can I hide the other ones and make a custom entry for that one???

This probably belongs in general discussion topic, this topic is for development bugs/requests/issues. You can just put the UUID part of the device path ...HD(#, GPT, UUID... of the volumes you want to hide in the GUI/Hide key of config.plist.

• Like 1

Guys, Can I change the drivers name on the clover GUI?

I believe you meant drives (as in disk drives), not drivers. :) And yes, you can. From Config -> GUI section -> Custom Entries. You will need to know the drive's correct UUID.

Well you can build the firmware yourself and add the nvme driver, then place whatever you want to boot at \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi. Otherwise, no.

EDIT: Err, actually, if you boot windows then it's just booting windows, it doesn't change to apple tables.

Ok Thank you.

I believe you meant drives (as in disk drives), not drivers. :) And yes, you can. From Config -> GUI section -> Custom Entries. You will need to know the drive's correct UUID.

Yes you are right. I changed Sierra and Recovery HD but I can't change the Windows Disk name? I used this parameters for windows but it doesn't change the name. What am I doing wrong?

7zCoWtn.png

I suppose the UUID is not the correct one for this case...? Maybe..?

Or maybe it needs the complete path. I honestly never tried to rename a Windows partition. I think it should work. But I think we're missing something here.

Could you post the output of your diskutil list? Might help.

I suppose the UUID is not the correct one for this case...? Maybe..?

Or maybe it needs the complete path. I honestly never tried to rename a Windows partition. I think it should work. But I think we're missing something here.

Could you post the output of your diskutil list? Might help.

Here it is; By the way I used both Volume and Disk UUID but it doesnt help. I think Windows Drive Name cant change?

XW9dVBl.png

Here it is; By the way I used both Volume and Disk UUID but it doesnt help. I think Windows Drive Name cant change?

It looks like ur Windows is UEFI mode, isn't it? So, it should to be:

disk3s1_Volume_UUID\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

.. from ur SS above, disk3s1 is ur Windows EFI Partition.

post-826765-0-34995300-1500484618_thumb.jpg

It looks like ur Windows is UEFI mode, isn't it? So, it should to be:

disk3s1_Volume_UUID\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

.. from ur SS above, disk3s1 is ur Windows EFI Partition.

Yes thats the trick.

@telepati,

Please provide your actual config.plist and boot.log. I have a feeling that there is wrong setting. You can definitely rename ANY loader/volume.

But I have still a problem. When I change the names I am losing two menus on the GUI (Start UEFI Shell 64 and Clover Boot Options disappear). Why is that?

I attached my full clover folder with the theme I used.

CLOVER.zip

@telepati,

You aren't getting tools because you disabled the scan:

<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Linux</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>

You hid some stuff by volume name and path, it's a better idea to create a custom entry for these cases, use GUI/Hide for volume hiding, not entry:

<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Windows</string>
			<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
		</array>

Your custom entries are fine though:

<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>UEFI Internal</string>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<true/>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>InjectKexts</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>Other</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>Sierra</string>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>8D5CFF3D-7F25-4BF9-A220-433421093AE8</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
					<string>Internal</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>Recovery HD</string>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSXRecovery</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>A72ADEF5-3804-4EF9-B334-91DA15F8A75B</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>Windows 10 Pro</string>
					<key>Ignore</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>Windows</string>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>7B2E0D43-F7A1-45AC-9CB3-83238F6961CB</string>
					<key>VolumeType</key>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
  • Like 3

Hello slice

I have a little suggestion to The Clover.

Can we add this function that when i press onekey(such as fn or ctrl) then come about the CloverGUI but when i dont press anykey the CloverGUI disappear and boot into the osx i select.

Just like a realmac "option+power" means.

Now the Clover have -1,0,1,2,etc but dont have this function.I use osx more but i sometimes use windows so i wish this function can be added into clover.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Can we add this function that when i press onekey(such as fn or ctrl) then come about the CloverGUI but when i dont press anykey the CloverGUI disappear and boot into the osx i select.

Set Timeout to 0 and use an arrow key

• Like 1

@telepati,

You hid some stuff by volume name and path, it's a better idea to create a custom entry for these cases, use GUI/Hide for volume hiding, not entry:

<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Windows</string>
			<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
		</array>

You are right. I tried but it didn't work. I wrote here just "Untitled" 'cause volume name is "Untitled" but it didn't hide. Because of that I created UEFI Internal custom entries for Microsoft Recovery and Microsoft Reserved. Where am I find the right path for these two drive?

V2O1KlM.png

Is the recent clover build from sourceforge safe to use for today's Sierra 10.12.6?

Safe.

Hello slice

I have a little suggestion to The Clover.

Now the Clover have -1,0,1,2,etc but dont have this function.I use osx more but i sometimes use windows so i wish this function can be added into clover.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

The suggestion is not new since first Chameleon out.

It is impossible because PC BIOS is not Mac EFI BIOS and will to initialise a keyboard no matter if a modifier key pressed.

• Like 3

Ya think?!

What the hell? :))) Are you trying to win the prize for Clover Collector's Edition?

What can I say, I'm a hoarder lol. I like to make sure I have backups :-)))

Yay gimme prize or title

Clover Collector

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk