Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hello friends. I saw that in Sierra Apple found a way in the second boot apple logo, not needing more than a patch on DSDT or Clover, adding "AAPL, boot-display".

But I wonder if there is a method to apply it in a specific system. Type, is only applied to the "Mavericks" in "El Capitan" without affecting the "Sierra"?
You can apply using "KextsToPatch" with "matchOS"?

Thank you.

Faking LPC device ID for older system versions springs to mind.

Easy to use a codeless kext (aka injector kext) in that case. Note that you can't Fake LPC device-id with DSDT/Patches anyway (requires add-on SSDT or full DSDT patch).

Easy to use a codeless kext (aka injector kext) in that case. Note that you can't Fake LPC device-id with DSDT/Patches anyway (requires add-on SSDT or full DSDT patch).

I injected it with a SSDT back when I ran 10.6 on my X79. I knew Clover had a LPC fix but it's in DSDT->Fixes.

I injected it with a SSDT back when I ran 10.6 on my X79. I knew Clover had a LPC fix but it's in DSDT->Fixes.

Yes... many ways to do it:

- add on SSDT

- codeless kext

- DSDT patch

- Devices/Arbitrary

- DSDT/Fixes

But not really DSDT/Patches...

Give THIS OSXAptioFixDRV-64.efi a try. It helped me with the same Thunderbold 2 AIC card problems. The default CLOVER driver always gives me a memory-allocation-error, which the attached one from link will fix it.

Thank you very much, but my initial attempt would not allow bootup.

I noticed the file you provided is from Oct. 2015, while the file I previously had in there (OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, which I obtained from the following: https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/)is from May 2016.

It may seem that my problem is more specific to the X-99 platform?

Once again thank you, and I'll be looking forward to any more thoughts that you or anyone else on this forum may have!

This could fix my multi boot issue where different installations that show up in Clover all load the same config.plist file. Is it possible to now set a default config.plist

file for every installation as well?

Thanks.

PS: I am so impressed with Clover. You devs are doing a great job!

hello...

i have an issue/bug to report. Asus socket 775 board without AHCI feature & C2Duo CPU.

boot6 is ok, so no need to discuss that. boot7 reboots just when its about to load clover menu

Any info?

This is not a bug report as you didn't provide a buggy code snippet.

This is rather discussion what you are doing wrong.

My system #4 in signature as well has socket 775 and Core2Duo and without AHCI. It works with boot7.

Good morning folks,

Would anyone be able to tell me if it is possible to have my Apple BROADCOM BCM94360CD WiFi card (Connected via a PCIe adapter) show up in the PCI section of System Report as I assume it does on a real Mac mini (I could be wrong but screenshots found on the Web suggest so)?

Currently it only shows up in the Network section...

post-499606-0-72963200-1475302651_thumb.png

I have tried adding an entry to the SMBIOS > Slots section of my Config.plist and also adding the fix "FixAirport_4000" but I ended up with it WiFi not working and an entry for a Dell WiFi card in the PCI section!

With the FixAirport command enabled I see this in the Boot.log...

0:660  0:000  Start Airport Fix
0:660  0:000  found Airport device [001C0004:0] at 37C3 And Name is PXSX
0:660  0:000  Name PXSX present at 0xA2, renaming to ARPT
0:660  0:000  Name PXSX present at 0xE0, renaming to ARPT
0:660  0:000  AirportADR=37C3 add patch size=EA
0:660  0:000  adr 37C3 size of arpt=17 

I don't use a custom DSDT which is why I added the FixAirport entry but with this entry added the system reports no WiFi is installed.

Thanks for any advice!

Basically yes,

If I add "FixAirport_4000" then it is no longer detected by macOS.

If I add the SMBIOS > Slots entry below without the Airport Fix I get a Dell WiFi card showing up but it doesn't work...

<dict>
	<key>Device</key>
	<string>WIFI</string>
	<key>ID</key>
	<integer>2</integer>
	<key>Type</key>
	<integer>1</integer>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>Airport</string>
</dict>

Hello. When do I use the kexts/others folder. I've always used the specific version folder. Example : kexts/10.11

Thanks

Use others/ because it will apply for all system version.

use kexts/10.11 if you are sure these kexts will work/needed only for 10.11.

For example FakeSMC and VoodooHDA are system independent.

Basically yes,

If I add "FixAirport_4000" then it is no longer detected by macOS.

If I add the SMBIOS > Slots entry below without the Airport Fix I get a Dell WiFi card showing up but it doesn't work...

<dict>
	<key>Device</key>
	<string>WIFI</string>
	<key>ID</key>
	<integer>2</integer>
	<key>Type</key>
	<integer>1</integer>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>Airport</string>
</dict>

Set NoDefaultProperties=true

• Like 2