Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

1. Which SIP value did you set? I think 0x3 required too much more relocation size than 0x67 in 10.11.4.

SIP was originally set to 0x3. With your modified Version I only can boot with 0x67.

2. Can AptioFix2Drv boot into safe mode? 

Nope. Does not work with slide=8000 as well. So it does neither work with AptioFixDrv nor AptioFix2Drv

3. You can try slide=8000(Not recommend, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 will still fail to boot randomly.)

Interestingly this seems to cure my problem as well, and I also haven't experienced any boot problem, but I need more testing. With using this config, SIP 0x3 works again though.

4.You can replace new AptioFix with syscl's modified one(Reloc = 256MB) until developers decide to add my suggestion. 

Yeah maybe being able to modify some parameters using config.plist would be the best solution without needing a manual build.

A propos manual building: how do you build clover? Is using CloverGrowerPro still recommended?

Anyways I want to thank you! As it seems (and I really do hope that this way I just do not mask any hardware problems) you helped me find the source of that nightmare that plagued me for months now!

And as others also have problems with it, AptioFix(2)Drv just might need some adjustments?

Edit: Damn, was just able to reproduce a KP using the slide solution. With your modified driver still no KP so far. *crossing fingers*

Try to run this

cd <path>/edk2/Clover/
svnversion -n | tr -d [:alpha:] >vers.txt

If its not empty, you can manually comment out some lines in ebuild.sh until they fit it, before rebuild. The issues described here

#    if [[ -d .git ]]; then
#    if [[ -n $GIT && -n $GITDIR ]]; then
#        git svn info | grep Revision | tr -cd [:digit:] >vers.txt
#    else
        svnversion -n | tr -d [:alpha:] >vers.txt
#    fi

@frankiee I build Clover manually. 

What adjustments you mean?

And how do you build it? using "CloverGrowerPro"?

And with "adjustments" I mean bugfixes and / or more configuration options. So, at least for me (and apparently for you as well) AptioFixDrv apparently needs a higher value for reloc size, and there is no SIP and no safe boot anymore. Since all of this worked some time ago, there might be some regressions in code  - and / or some changes in OS X 10.11 - where would be nice if they were fixed / improved.

If anyone wants to work on AF, I can share the (non-working) 'concept code' I write once my PC is fixed.

@Download-Fitz How can I access your concept code, modifying AF isa new area for me, however, I will try my best to push things forward.

Oops, sorry for my poor english.

SIP was originally set to 0x3. With your modified Version I only can boot with 0x67.

Nope. Does not work with slide=8000 as well. So it does neither work with AptioFixDrv nor AptioFix2Drv

Interestingly this seems to cure my problem as well, and I also haven't experienced any boot problem, but I need more testing. With using this config, SIP 0x3 works again though.

Yeah maybe being able to modify some parameters using config.plist would be the best solution without needing a manual build.

A propos manual building: how do you build clover? Is using CloverGrowerPro still recommended?

Anyways I want to thank you! As it seems (and I really do hope that this way I just do not mask any hardware problems) you helped me find the source of that nightmare that plagued me for months now!

And as others also have problems with it, AptioFix(2)Drv just might need some adjustments?

Edit: Damn, was just able to reproduce a KP using the slide solution. With your modified driver still no KP so far. *crossing fingers*

@frankiee

Since slice keeps relocation size small, we'd better not to set relocation size too large. 

@frankiee

Since slice keeps relocation size small, we'd better not to set relocation size too large. 

Well, but exactly this apparently too small size seems to cause problems (on my side at least)! Of course if there is another way to prevent these KPs I would be happy as well. And as I see it this has in fact to do with some kind of memory allocation, not with a hardware problem as I first thought.

Hi,

I have build a new Hack with a 'Fujitsu D2990-A1' (H61 chipset). Clover does an excellent job by auto patching DSDT, kext, etc. ... and everything is working very well.

Except one last thing - the board comes with an AmiAptio UEFI Firmware but it doesn't boot to Clover in UEFI. If I installed Clover to the MBR, all is working like a charm.

I read that it's not enough to just copy the Clover files to EFI so I opened UEFI shell and add clover to the map but after the next boot the entry was gone :(

For testing I copied Grub (UEFI mode) and Refind to EFI and both are booting fine.

Is there anything to put the cherry on the cake?

hi

i am planing to remap my vol+- buttons to act as right left buttons and my start key as enter to be able use clover for multiboot in my tablet without need external keyboard

so downloaded the clover source and built my own clover but i can't find where is the keyboard layout

is it this ???

clover/GrubFS/grub/include/grub/keyboard_layouts.h ??
or this
clover/BiosKeyboard/BiosKeyboard.c

and i use this app to get my key map code
A_he_ne.jpg
ane.jpg

BiosKeyboard is only for legacy though, not UEFI. Don't remap the keys, but just change, in Clover, where they are wueried.

Why not support touch in Clover anyway?

Because nobody did this.

Should be straight-forward to do, if the code base is somewhat abstract (can't check).

If someone is up to do it: Do it like simple ptr, just with absolute positions. Usually the position returned won't match the screen size. You can somehow query the dimensions of the ptr... Just calculate the relation to the screen size and apply that factor to all returned positions. It may be odd, so what I did last time playing with ut was using fixed-point division.

You could use a logic similar to the double-click (timing) for holding (i.e. Right click).

touch driver in os x is still experimental through voodooi2c so i can't use it in uefi because no efi driver for touch

so where i can find the uefi keyboard if the mentioned up is for legacy bios

and what can i just change in clover without remaping