Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahrbhevv35irto5/Screen%20Shot%202016-04-18%20at%203.10.30%20PM.zip?dl=0   perhaps a error when compiling.

compiling error was from xcode 7.3 resolved by using another hack with 7.2

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I really could need some help with a very strange problem that is a total mystery for me. My machine ran OK for about 2 years without any problems, but - around the time I upgraded to 10.11 four months ago - I get a lot of KPs. These are almost always "type 14=page fault" errors, and the offending process is "launchd" most of the time and they only happen when:

• I am running 10.11 (also with a fresh installation, never had this with 10.10)
  • I do sleep before (this is absolutely needed to reproduce the problem)
  • Mostly on a subsequent restart / shutdown, but sometimes also "out of nowhere"
  • When I test my RAM with rember after waking
  • I do have all 8 DIMMs installed, i.e. running with 64GB of RAM
I have / had no problems with:
  • Memtest, running for about 20 hours
  • Running Rember in OS X when I do not sleep before
  • Windows
  • OS X 10.10
  • Edit: the problem also goes away when removing 4 DIMMs, does not matter which ones (swapped back and forth)
Since I also did a lot of Clover updates in the meantime, and some things do not work anymore as they did before (safe boot, booting with AptioFixDrv - the original, not the "2" version) I cannot even rule out that this might be related to Clover. And I did try a LOT of things to rule out other factors, for example disabling USB2, disabling USB3, removing PCI cards, and I even swapped my mobo!

So, what could it be? Any help greatly appreciated!

Let's "debug" your problem.

Are you using a patched dsdt? If so, did you apply sleep/wake fixes to it? Have applied any fixes to it, in general?

Are you using any, non required, kexts? If so, delete them all and keep the fakesmc only, for debug purposes. Download the latest one from hwsensor binary.

Try to keep it as clean as possible. In other words, delete any patches/fixes/customisations except the ones that are required for a successful boot.

Best regards. ?

I kept getting this error:

bd4d2d7fc3bf9ab4d37d3e8ecaa81c96.4211.jp

However I fixed it by opening by config.plist, I changed the CsrActiveConfig value from 0x3 to 0x67 and now it works fine.

for whoever that has this horrible you might wanna try this!

BTW I used OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

I hope I posted in the right forum as this kinda a issue for most people I think! 

Greets stealsyourpizza!

However I fixed it by opening by config.plist, I changed the CsrActiveConfig value from 0x3 to 0x67 and now it works fine.

I hope I posted in the right forum as this kinda a issue for most people I think! 

Greets stealsyourpizza!

I get a similar message when trying to use OsxAptioFixDrv (not the "2" version). That worked before but (I guess with a Clover update) not so anymore. Disabling SIP does not help though.

Regular boot with OsxAptioFix2Drv works, but when I try to do boot in Safe Mode using OsxAptioFix2Drv (I guess that also broke with a Clover update, since that worked before as well), I get this message:

ugzpZdB.jpg

It would be very nice if I could restore safe boot somehow, and if only to try if my main problem I have (see http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2233081)goes away then.

Also not sure yet if that specific problem - that is apparently connected to memory somehow - has something to do with AptioFixDrv, so any hints are greatly appreciated. I also recall there was a different / modified version of OsxAptioFix2Drv floating around but I cannot find it.

Let's "debug" your problem.

Yeah, sure! :)

Are you using a patched dsdt? If so, did you apply sleep/wake fixes to it? Have applied any fixes to it, in general?

Basically I am using Shilohhs setup (he is using a very similar hardware config) he posted in a guide at a site I cannot mention here ;)

So DSDT is patched using the IRQ fix, and also some unused devices were removed. Plus I have some SSDTs doing various stuff (USB fixes, HDEF layout injection, CPU PM, gfx1 fix and others)

I think my DSDT / SSDT is just fine. As for sleep / wake fixes, I tried some combinations with Clover related settings. Any idea what concrete patches I could try?

Are you using any, non required, kexts? If so, delete them all and keep the fakesmc only, for debug purposes. Download the latest one from hwsensor binary.

Am running on the latest FakeSMC version, also tried a slightly older one - no dice :(

I am running the "usual" kexts, like AppleIntelE1000e, AppleHDA Injector by Pike, CodecCommander (latest version by RehabMan) and the X86Platform kext.

But I also could replicate the problem with a completely fresh install using only FakeSMC, and also without any DSDT / SSDT patches at all. Also note that this apparently does not happen with 10.10, only with 10.11 so something must have changed here. And as the problem goes (almost) away with only 32Gb of RAM (no matter what DIMMs) I still cannot rule out a hardware error, but I am having real troubles to figure that out right now, so I'd like at least to rule out a problem on the software side.

Hi everyone,

I have successfully done a clean install of El Capitan 10.11.4 via Clover legacy, everything is working, sleep, sound, iMessage, graphics acceleration and USB2 ports but my USB3 ports are not working and are not showed in the IOREG because I had to disable the USB3 controller in BIOS.  In fact, it was the only way to get my USB installer working and get to the clover menu, otherwise I was stick with the message 'boot1: /boot 5'. After the installation I tried to enable the USB3 controller but I got the same eternal message. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I installed El Capitan using the following clover options :

- Boot0af in MBR (also tried boot0ss in MBR),

- CloverEFI 64-bits SATA.

Important: I only need USB3 ports in Windows 10 (installed on another HDD and it's not related with El Capitan).

• Like 1

Buy a working pci-e 1x usb 3.0 controller.

The easiest way :) , well, I've already thought about this option and I do know which one is compatible with El Capitan but I wanted to see if there's another workaround <_<  

I kept getting this error:

bd4d2d7fc3bf9ab4d37d3e8ecaa81c96.4211.jp

Greets stealsyourpizza!

Same issue since I've update OS X from 10.11.3 to 10.11.4 with OsxAptioFixDrv.efi

This seems that the new kernel cache requires higher memory size than before. Because I don't want to lose SIP and  OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi failed to boot randomly. 

After increasing the reloc size to 160MB(0xA000), El Captain(10.11.4) works like a charm.

lightingdeMacBook-Pro:cloverefiboot-code lighting$ svn diff
Index: OsxAptioFixDrv/OsxAptioFixDrv.c
===================================================================
--- OsxAptioFixDrv/OsxAptioFixDrv.c	(revision 3465)
+++ OsxAptioFixDrv/OsxAptioFixDrv.c	(working copy)
@@ -52,7 +52,8 @@
 //   without RT and MMIO regions
 // rehabman - Increase the size for ElCapitan to 128Mb 0x8000
 // stinga11 - 0x6000
-#define KERNEL_BLOCK_NO_RT_SIZE_PAGES	0x8000
+// syscl - Increase the reloc for 10.11.4 to 160MB(0xA000)
+#define KERNEL_BLOCK_NO_RT_SIZE_PAGES	0xA000

// TRUE if we are doing hibernate wake
 BOOLEAN gHibernateWake = FALSE;
lightingdeMacBook-Pro:cloverefiboot-code lighting$ 

Tested reloc size: 64MB, 96MB, 128MB, 160MB, 192MB, 224MB, 256MB, OsxAptioFixDrv.efi can only work when reloc size >= 160MB in 10.11.4. 

My specs:

MB: Asus H67-M(rev 03)

CPU: i3 3225

MEM: Gloway 4G DDR3 1600

GFX: HD4000 (with DVMT=32MB)

DISPLAY: Sharp 46' HDMI.

• Like 2

Tested reloc size: 64MB, 96MB, 128MB, 160MB, 192MB, 224MB, 256MB, OsxAptioFixDrv.efi can only work when reloc size >= 160MB in 10.11.4. 

Can you attach your Clover with relock?

OK. But this one is 256MB reloc size.

I've build a new one since my friend with the same MB have to set reloc size to 256MB(really strange!!). In that case, A000 -> 10000.

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi-256MB.zip

• Like 1

OK. But this one is 256MB reloc size.

I've build a new one since my friend with the same MB have to set reloc size to 256MB(really strange!!). In that case, A000 -> 10000.

attachicon.gifOsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi-256MB.zip

thx. I have problem like this:

Today I test with yours OsxAptioFixDrv.

My memmap

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2232123

thx. I have problem like this:

Today I test with yours OsxAptioFixDrv.

My memmap

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2232123

Don't forget to remove argument slide=xx.

Change CsrActiveConfig to 0x67.

Then try to boot without caches at the first try.

Once you boot into OS X, rebuild kernel cache by typing 

sudo touch /S*/L*/E* && sudo touch /L*/E* && sudo kextcache -u /

P.S. If you have trouble with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, try OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with argument:

slide=150(or higher value).

Never heard of legacy machines with USB3 ^^

@syscl cant check because my PC bricked and Im on my phone, but are you sure stuff fits below 4G with that value?

@Download-Fitz Just tried to reboot 10x, works like a charm. Wish this OsxAptioFixDrvv-64.efi could help you :) (for me, both 160MB and 192MB are too small).

Allright, I tried the AptioFix Version syscl provided and now things get really interesting!

On the upside:

• AptioFixDrv does work again with this modification
  • Native NVRAM also seems to work now! (Before, it only worked with AptioFix2Drv)
  • And OMG, the most important part: I do not experience these dreaded KPs after sleep anymore! Not 100% sure since I need to make some more thorough testing, but at least it seems to solve the problem! Well, now does this mean my prob is not related to bad RAM / other HW failure at all, or do I just work around this problem now? What do you mean?

On the downside:

• Now I cannot boot with SIP enabled anymore, so AptioFixDrv does not work with it?
  • Safe boot still does not work - it starts to boot at least, but now I hang at "PCI Configuration begin"
  • Changing slide with using AptioFix2Drv does nothing good, even with values as high as 1000. Do I need to go even higher?

But well, since doing this modification will apparently require to build Clover by hand, it might be a bit tedious to do that every time when an update comes out. And frankly I never did that ... It would be interesting to see what AptioFix2Drv would do with reloc.

Suggestion: what about adding a config.plist option where we can set the reloc amount?

I now have a this problem:

Post your Clover(without theme).

Which specs do you have? Which version of OS X do you use?

Allright, I tried the AptioFix Version syscl provided and now things get really interesting!

On the downside:

• Now I cannot boot with SIP enabled anymore, so AptioFixDrv does not work with it?
  • Safe boot still does not work - it starts to boot at least, but now I hang at "PCI Configuration begin"
  • Changing slide with using AptioFix2Drv does nothing good, even with values as high as 1000. Do I need to go even higher?

But well, since doing this modification will apparently require to build Clover by hand, it might be a bit tedious to do that every time when an update comes out. And frankly I never did that ... It would be interesting to see what AptioFix2Drv would do with reloc.

Suggestion: what about adding a config.plist option where we can set the reloc amount?

1. Which SIP value did you set? I think 0x3 required too much more relocation size than 0x67 in 10.11.4.

2. Can AptioFix2Drv boot into safe mode?  

3. You can try slide=8000(Not recommend, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 will still fail to boot randomly.)

4.You can replace new AptioFix with syscl's modified one(Reloc = 256MB) until developers decide to add my suggestion. 

Post your Clover(without theme).

Which specs do you have? Which version of OS X do you use?

1. Which SIP value did you set? I think 0x3 required too much more relocation size than 0x67 in 10.11.4.

2. Can AptioFix2Drv boot into safe mode?  

3. You can try slide=8000(Not recommend, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 will still fail to boot randomly.)

4.You can replace new AptioFix with syscl's modified one(Reloc = 256MB) until developers decide to add my suggestion. 

Ok I use 10.11.4 

Asus X540LA 

Intel i3 4005U

Intel HD4400

SSD

4GB

SIP=CsrActiveConfig=0x67

I dont have OS X on my laptop i try to install.

Ok I use 10.11.4 

Asus X540LA 

Intel i3 4005U

Intel HD4400

SSD

4GB

SIP=CsrActiveConfig=0x67

I dont have OS X on my laptop i try to install.

Try this one, don't forget to backup your previous CLOVER folder, and then remove it!

Place the "new" CLOVER to the right place. 

CLOVER.zip

@Download-Fitz Just tried to reboot 10x, works like a charm. Wish this OsxAptioFixDrvv-64.efi could help you :) (for me, both 160MB and 192MB are too small).

I have no issues, I asked if the slide value you suggested is valid (i.e. Top kernel address still below 4G) as it looks quite high to me.

I have no issues, I asked if the slide value you suggested is valid (i.e. Top kernel address still below 4G) as it looks quite high to me.

I used slide=150 with OsxAptioFix2Drv before. Slide=8000 is used to solve the "Error allocating 0x800 pages at ... alloc type 2" when slide=150 fails to boot, but still, both vals will fail to boot randomly, don't know why :( (will see the source code of aptiofix2)

AptioFixDrv works well on H67-M.