Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

This is Clover ESP,and I got this,can anyone help me?

liuyanjun0826s-MacBook-Pro:~ liuyanjun0826$ diskutil list

/dev/disk0

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk0

1:                        EFI                         209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:                  Apple_HFS liuyanjun0826           127.7 GB   disk0s2

/dev/disk1

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk1

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1

2:                  Apple_HFS backup                  999.9 GB   disk1s2

liuyanjun0826s-MacBook-Pro:~ liuyanjun0826$ diskutil mount disk0s1

]Volume on disk0s1 failed to mount

liuyanjun0826s-MacBook-Pro:~ liuyanjun0826$ 

mkdir /tmp/efi

sudo mount -t msdos  /dev/disk0s1 /tmp/efi

• Like 1

mkdir /tmp/efi

sudo mount -t msdos  /dev/disk0s1 /tmp/efi

liuyanjun0826s-MacBook-Pro:~ liuyanjun0826$ mkdir /tmp/efi
liuyanjun0826s-MacBook-Pro:~ liuyanjun0826$ sudo mount -t msdos  /dev/disk0s1 /tmp/efi
Password:
mount_msdos: Unsupported sector size (49294)

update:I found Niresh-Maverick EFI partition is HFS+ format.
mkdir /volumes/efi
sudo mount -t hfs /dev/disk0s1 /volumes/efi

update2:according this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/127330-guide-boot-from-efi-partition-zero-modification-installs-on-intel-sse2-or-better/#If you ever get 'mount_hfs: Invalid argument' when trying to mount the EFI partition, do this to fix it:

fsck_hfs /dev/disxXs1.

*** Always unmount the EFI partition before rebooting, to stop this happening! umount /Volumes/EFI! ***

liuyanjun0826s-MacBook-Pro:~ liuyanjun0826$ mkdir /tmp/efi

liuyanjun0826s-MacBook-Pro:~ liuyanjun0826$ sudo mount -t msdos  /dev/disk0s1 /tmp/efi

Password:

mount_msdos: Unsupported sector size (49294)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287737-how-toclover-on-efi-partitionadd-to-bios/

In particular formatting of the partition with the newfs_msdos command.

• Like 1

@cuthead - if you haven't figured this out by now - your commands are correct to mount the device  --- BUT unsupported sector size and mount_msdos usually means the device is not formatted as msdos (FAT, FAT16, FAT32). so its either not formatted or improperly formatted.

• Like 1

@cuthead - if you haven't figured this out by now - your commands are correct to mount the device  --- BUT unsupported sector size and mount_msdos usually means the device is not formatted as msdos (FAT, FAT16, FAT32). so its either not formatted or improperly formatted.

There is no EFI folder on my mounted partitions.My Clover using Niresh theme that should come from ESP so that Clover can "see" the "improperly formatted" ESP but not Disk Utility.

An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made. https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/

Hi, can anyone fix the Clover WIKI (if is possible)?

looking here all seem ok  except that the certificate mismatch the domain name. Or at least can the full link inside the certificate be shared?

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks but It's the same here using Safari. Also Webkit+NSAppTrasportSecurity disabled can't connect to it. I guess I'm not the only, maybe you have a keychain cert with credentials that allow that? other users can tell us (please)

In 10.7-10.9 all ok, only in newer OSes I can't connect to the WIKI.

Thanks again

Hey @Slice. I have an enhancement request that could save many headaches with setting UEFI to "Ultra Fast" boot mode. I have been searching for a long time for how Windows does its "Restart to Firmware" button and never got any good results via googling. However just randomly while doing something else I came across an open source implementation of it. Since this is low priority most likely I may end up doing it myself and submitting a patch, however I have never setup a EDKII environment before so it might not be for a while. If you want to take a stab at it before I get around to it here is a pretty clean concise implementation from the bus1 repo.
https://github.com/bus1/boot-efi/blob/master/src/boot/main.c#L1085

Example from systemd:

http://fossies.org/linux/systemd/src/shared/efivars.c#l_104

Hey @Slice. I have an enhancement request that could save many headaches with setting UEFI to "Ultra Fast" boot mode. I have been searching for a long time for how Windows does its "Restart to Firmware" button and never got any good results via googling. However just randomly while doing something else I came across an open source implementation of it. Since this is low priority most likely I may end up doing it myself and submitting a patch, however I have never setup a EDKII environment before so it might not be for a while. If you want to take a stab at it before I get around to it here is a pretty clean concise implementation from the bus1 repo.

Example from systemd:

Not sure what about you.

screenshot2 copy.png

If that is the "Exit Clover" button, all it does is throw me to a black screen till I manually reset. I'm booted with CSM disabled and secure boot disabled. If that is a dedicated "Reboot into Firmware" button I do not have it o.o I checked the clover revisions at sourceforge and didn't see any commit after my currently installed revision about adding that feature. I'm running 3320 installed from the official package on sourceforge. I know my system supports OsIndications since A. Windows uses it fine and B. manually setting it in OS X via "sudo nvram 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:OsIndications=%01%00%00%00%00%00%00%00 && sudo reboot" reboots into my UEFI setup properly. I see EFI_OS_INDICATIONS_BOOT_TO_FW_UI ​referenced in OsxDxeCore, however I didn't take the time to trace it back extensively and I didn't see how it could be connected to the "Exit Clover" button(I only looked for like 5 minutes, you know your source better than I could glean in a short amount of time :P).

preboot.log:

https://gist.github.com/winsock/2ff689f810b141e68fec

Not sure what about you.

attachicon.gifscreenshot2 copy.png

Thanks but It's the same here using Safari. Also Webkit+NSAppTrasportSecurity disabled can't connect to it. I guess I'm not the only, maybe you have a keychain cert with credentials that allow that? other users can tell us (please)

In 10.7-10.9 all ok, only in newer OSes I can't connect to the WIKI.

Thanks again

You must use the non SSL URL. I don't have activate the ssl version of the wiki (it's in my todo list).

Your problem is certainly related to HSTS.

EDIT: try that:

• Close Safari.
  • Delete the ~/Library/Cookies/HSTS.plist file.
  • Reopen Safari.
  • Like 1

Thanks, but still the same, Safari redirect by iteself to https here.. not sure why.

Not really a problem since Chrome can, warning me about insecure connection,.... but the fact is that I made my onw config.plist editor + web broswer with embedded wiki.

Using cocoa I'm experiencing the same behavior, so I'm going to accept the ssl connection by trusting the invalid certificate (ie accepting eliptik.fr as domain)... I'v only to wrote code to install this new one to the key chain.

Basycally I'm there:

case kSecTrustResultUnspecified: {

NSLog(@"SSL did pass the test with: %u result", result);

// write code here to install the new cert to key chain

[challenge.sender useCredential:[NSURLCredential credentialForTrust:challenge.protectionSpace.serverTrust] forAuthenticationChallenge:challenge];

}

..and that also mean that SSL is there ready to be used, or I'm losing time?

BTW if you need to buy a new certificate I can partecipate to the spending if this speeds up the process  ;)

Example from systemd:

OsxDxeCore is not used for Clover on UEFI systems, I think it is added in favor of DxeCore into the DUET image, when building the legacy version. I don't think Clover currently supports that functionality, but I guess if you create a patch, Slice will commit it for you.

OsxDxeCore is not used for Clover on UEFI systems, I think it is added in favor of DxeCore into the DUET image, when building the legacy version. I don't think Clover currently supports that functionality, but I guess if you create a patch, Slice will commit it for you.

I'll take a stab at it then :) Should I just default to reboot into firmware if a user presses the "Exit Clover" button you think? Or should I add a new button if OsIndicationsSupported is found? I don't know the UEFI spec well, however I thought that an exit button should tell tell the EFI to continue down the boot order chain.

I'll take a stab at it then :) Should I just default to reboot into firmware if a user presses the "Exit Clover" button you think? Or should I add a new button if OsIndicationsSupported is found? I don't know the UEFI spec well, however I thought that an exit button should tell tell the EFI to continue down the boot order chain.

Yes, exit should remain exit. Though I'm not sure if exiting Clover even makes sense as it does a few overrides quite early, in my opinion it's risky to let the boot flow continue. So, either Clover should be adapter to clean up when it is terminated (EFI_LOADED_IMAGE_PROTOCOL.Unload), or there should be only Reboot, Shutdown and Reboot into Firmware. Just my 2 cents.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Clover itself or on my end of things. If someone could please help I'd appreciate; I'd create a thread here but I'm not allowed (even though I have passed both the quizzes and can post everywhere else)

The error is Clover isn't appearing, and that trying to access it through the BIOS boot menu ("Mac OS X") doesn't work and instead just pulls up whatever other bootloader seems to be default at the time (Windows Boot Manager or GRUB for Antergos Linux)

Was wondering if you've found a solution? I would suggest you read up on Refinds manual installation tutorial where Rod talks about using Bcdedit to add Refind to the bios boot menu and adapt it as neccessary.

Regards