Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Well, new problem.

I have Asus X455LA with i3 4030u, with El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta 3 it can boot with tick "kernel pm'. After i update it into El Capitan 10.11.1 Build 4 then it won't boot again.
I need to change FakeCPUID to 0x00306F2 and tick "Kernel Hasswell-E" it will boot. I try to change  0x00306C3 or real CPUID it won't boot.

Is there any problem with new kernel at 10.11.1 Beta 4???? Thanks

Edited by andreszerocross

The question is: why doesn't it get build?

Because wrong/buggy environment. :)

Have you considered switching to "manual" compiling and ditching CGP..forever? For as far as I can see, the reason is the same, as for everyone else asking about this issue so far: wrong EDK2. But still, this doesn't have anything to do with Clover, does it? I mean aside from the fact that both methods will compile Clover...hopefully. :)) Why do you guys keep asking for support for CGP when the issue is nor Clover's, or CGP's?

Maybe I'm wrong... But I'm just thinking, if you see so many people complaining about a tool, and also other people offering a better solution to that, why would you still want to use the broken one? This is what I don't get.

By the way, I have no problem building Clover (last night I just built myself r3288) using the "manual" compiling mode. And I say "manual", because it's actually a script that does all the work for me. So it's not even manual. It's still automatic. Just using a better way.

Because wrong/buggy environment. :)

Have you considered switching to "manual" compiling and ditching CGP..forever? For as far as I can see, the reason is the same, as for everyone else asking about this issue so far: wrong EDK2. But still, this doesn't have anything to do with Clover, does it? I mean aside from the fact that both methods will compile Clover...hopefully. :)) Why do you guys keep asking for support for CGP when the issue is nor Clover's, or CGP's?

Maybe I'm wrong... But I'm just thinking, if you see so many people complaining about a tool, and also other people offering a better solution to that, why would you still want to use the broken one? This is what I don't get.

By the way, I have no problem building Clover (last night I just built myself r3288) using the "manual" compiling mode. And I say "manual", because it's actually a script that does all the work for me. So it's not even manual. It's still automatic. Just using a better way.

I wasn't complaining, why CGP doesn't work. I don't even use it. I use the scripts to build pkgs in clover. Please don't assume anything, if you don't have anything positive to the discussion...

I wasn't complaining, why CGP doesn't work. I don't even use it. I use the scripts to build pkgs in clover. Please don't assume anything, if you don't have anything positive to the discussion...

The "positiveness" of the discussion was suggesting people to use the manual, and also the "supported" way if they want to build Clover. That's all. :) Also, the only thing I was assuming was that you might want to know the answer to that question. So I was just trying to answer it. :) I'm sorry if I failed to do so.

@Slice what's the max resolution in pixels that Clover can handle for "CustomLogo" for a given image?

What I mean if Clover resize that images (if too large..), witch is the Max resolution...and if so it is useless to put in high resolutions images greaten then XXXXxXXXX

PS http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/is off line..

I am working right now,, how about tonight?? Thanks for the response

Yep, np...

Sry i use tapatalk on my work, thats why there was tripple posts ^^

I am working right now,, how about tonight?? Thanks for the response

Yep, np...

Sry i use tapatalk on my work, thats why there was tripple posts ^^

CloverUpdater.app not building on my machine was due to things coded into the Xcode build files ...  

(doesnt matter issue is same whether using CGP or "manual" build).

i opened Xcode and fixed build issues for this component.

1) change edk2 location which is set to /Users/slice/src  ... which doesn't exist on my machine

2) change SDK - was set to macosx10.6 vs macosx ... which i don't have ...

3) change makefile action to build vs archive

etc

• Like 4

Appears that in El Cap, USB/AddClockID don't work anymore, at least with me!

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>USB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>AddClockID</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Even with this config (v3280), the keyboard is able to wake up system from sleep.

Until Yosemite it's work fine and I hope that is only my mistake.

Any tip?

Regards!

@Slice what's the max resolution in pixels that Clover can handle for "CustomLogo" for a given image?

What I mean if Clover resize that images (if too large..), witch is the Max resolution...and if so it is useless to put in high resolutions images greaten then XXXXxXXXX

PS http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/is off line..

I think the image will be cropped to screen size.

Appears that in El Cap, USB/AddClockID don't work anymore, at least with me!

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>USB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>AddClockID</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Even with this config (v3280), the keyboard is able to wake up system from sleep.

Until Yosemite it's work fine and I hope that is only my mistake.

Any tip?

Regards!

It is a property of IOUSBFamily.kext that changed in ElCapitan.

Hello JrCs! Glad to see you! We have some problems with internationalization because pootle admin was absent.

I think the image will be cropped to screen size.

right. I had create an automatism to charge any kind of image (supported by OSX) and convert it to a Clover supported image. Only the screen res of the target PC is unknown, so I was just hoping to have a "max size" converting a potential big big image (assuming that potentially the current PC that will run this program  shoul not be what will runs this image).

Ok, I see to create an algo to understand this.

THX

I had issues with 10.11.1.DP4 ... (reboot after kernel patch ...)

Rehabman seems to have already deal with that ! Thanks again !

I can't wait to try v3292 as soon as someone manage to compile and share it ...  (It's way out of my comfort zone  :lol: )

Did something change between r3280 → r3292 in how Clover interacts with FakeSMC? HWMonitor normally looks like this:

7H27vsp.png

After upgrading to r3292, many of these readings were missing (CPU Frequency, Memory Modules, CPU Package Graphics…). Also had readings for items I clearly shouldn't have on a desktop, such as Battery. Mainboard Proximity was renamed to Northbridge Proximity. And so on.

I neglected to take a screenshot of this before downgrading to r3280, which fixed it.

I see that the kernel patch for haswell-E (10.9.5 10.10 10.10.1) has too many information to patch, because its no necesary two patch for these cpu. I clean the patch, I don't if anyone want to merge or use. Anyway I leave here.

edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.c edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.c 
--- edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.c
+++ edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/kernel_patcher.c
@@ -802,19 +802,7 @@
     if (Bytes[Index] == 0x74 && Bytes[Index + 1] == 0x11 && Bytes[Index + 2] == 0x83 && Bytes[Index + 3] == 0xF8 && Bytes[Index + 4] == 0x3C) {
       Bytes[Index + 4] = 0x3F;

-      DBG("Found Haswell-E pattern #1; patched.\n");
-
-      if (PatchApplied) {
-        break;
-      }
-
-      PatchApplied = TRUE;
-    }
-    
-    if (Bytes[Index] == 0xEB && Bytes[Index + 1] == 0x0A && Bytes[Index + 2] == 0x83 && Bytes[Index + 3] == 0xF8 && Bytes[Index + 4] == 0x3A) {
-      Bytes[Index + 4] = 0x3F;
-
-      DBG("Found Haswell-E pattern #2; patched.\n");
+      DBG("Found Haswell-E pattern; patched.\n");

if (PatchApplied) {
         break;
  • Like 1