Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Really all my kexts works in all systems from 10.6 up to 10.11 so this is not my problem. Common folder will be enough for me.

I also have working 10.5.8 but I need no kext injection from Clover folder. All my kexts are already in kernelcache. And in SLE.

One quick exemple : BcrmPatchRAM (Bluetooth for USB / miniPCIe combo cards).

kext v1 is for 10.10

kext v2 is for 10.11

One quick exemple : BcrmPatchRAM (Bluetooth for USB / miniPCIe combo cards).

kext v1 is for 10.10

kext v2 is for 10.11

OK, another example will be AppleHDA that changed with every OS update.

May I ask you, why this kext must be in /EFI and not in SLE?

OK, another example will be AppleHDA that changed with every OS update.

May I ask you, why this kext must be in /EFI and not in SLE?

Dependencies to other kexts ... you can use an injector or patch AppleHDA.kext.

In both cases the kext HAS TO BE in S/L/E (there are several successful  reports in L/E)

This is a good idea!

How about, on each installation, we check which OS versions are actually present on that machine and add needed folders according to that?

And if you remove one OS from one installation to another, then update the kexts folder accordingly, since those files will become residual files if there is no OS to use them anymore.

I mean...you would probably not have 20 OS X versions on a single PC. But you might have 2-3. Well, for this case, we can create only the folders needed for those versions.

And, something I don't understand, if Other and Common will have the same behavior,, just different names, then why keep them both? Older versions will have older behavior (and older folder structure), newer versions will use the newer one (which seems really similar to the old one to me, but anyway). But maybe I got this wrong... The only problem I see with this is downgrading to older Clover versions, which probably don't have this "upgrade kexts folder" feature. For that case, I assume that user will have them both, until he upgrades to a newer version again.

In my opinion the most straightforward way would be for the clover installer to create all os x version kext folders on a new install only.  If there is already an EFI folder then don't mess with creating any folders.  Leave it up to the user to have which ever os x kext folder version #'s they require.

For example.  I do a clean install of clover with no EFI folder on my system.  The installer creates 10.4 - 10.11 in the kexts folder.  I then configure everything how I would want it (config.plist, etc).  Say I only use 10.10 and 10.11. I delete the folders I do not need.  When I update clover to a new version the installer sees there is an EFI folder and it leaves it the way it is (ie. not creating 10.4 - 10.9).

In my opinion the most straightforward way would be for the clover installer to create all os x version kext folders on a new install only.  If there is already an EFI folder then don't mess with creating any folders.  Leave it up to the user to have which ever os x kext folder version #'s they require.

For example.  I do a clean install of clover with no EFI folder on my system.  The installer creates 10.4 - 10.11 in the kexts folder.  I then configure everything how I would want it (config.plist, etc).  Say I only use 10.10 and 10.11. I delete the folders I do not need.  When I update clover to a new version the installer sees there is an EFI folder and it leaves it the way it is (ie. not creating 10.4 - 10.9).

What if you're at OS X version 11.50? Will you create almost 50 folders when you only need one or two, and never touch them again? :)) Cause I wouldn't.

And how is that not creating confusion? Especially for new users? Hell, it was confusing to me when I saw that Other folder that I had no idea what it does. I was just happy it doesn't break anything.

Also..manual! I mean, really! Why would anyone want to do anything manually, when there are scripts, tools, ways to do it faster, better, more accurately? For fun? Time is money. I mean, I understand you might want to do something manually when the machine can't do it better than a human being (and there are a few cases for that). But we're talking adding/removing folders here, man! :))) Not creating a copy of Mona Lisa!

To remove those folders you need to mount the EFI partition, go to the kexts folder and delete the folders you don't need (again, if you're a new user, you might have no idea why are all those in there, and not just the ones you need). When you can do this automatically during Clover installation.

Sorry, man, but I don't think I can agree with you on this. :)

What if you're at OS X version 11.50? Will you create almost 50 folders when you only need one or two, and never touch them again? :)) Cause I wouldn't.

And how is that not creating confusion? Especially for new users? Hell, it was confusing to me when I saw that Other folder that I had no idea what it does. I was just happy it doesn't break anything.

Also..manual! I mean, really! Why would anyone want to do anything manually, when there are scripts, tools, ways to do it faster, better, more accurately? For fun? Time is money. I mean, I understand you might want to do something manually when the machine can't do it better than a human being (and there are a few cases for that). But we're talking adding/removing folders here, man! :))) Not creating a copy of Mona Lisa!

To remove those folders you need to mount the EFI partition, go to the kexts folder and delete the folders you don't need (again, if you're a new user, you might have no idea why are all those in there, and not just the ones you need). When you can do this automatically during Clover installation.

Sorry, man, but I don't think I can agree with you on this. :)

No, you don't create 50 folders.  Use the common folder for common kexts.  I agree completely with loading kexts from the common folder first then load from version specific folder next.

The thing I don't agree with is the automatic creation of folders for existing clover installs. You're still going to need to mount the EFI parition to copy your version specific kext to the version folder.  What is one extra step to create the version folder?

No, you don't create 50 folders.  Use the common folder for common kexts.  I agree completely with loading kexts from the common folder first then load from version specific folder next.

So...you're saying putting the common kexts in the Common folder. Ok, how do you know which ones are common? And what will you do with the other folders? Which folders, aside form the Common/Other folder will you create to suite your needs? None? And then create them manually? One by one? For each OS? For the love of Buddha, why? :))

The thing I don't agree with is the automatic creation of folders for existing clover installs. You're still going to need to mount the EFI parition to copy your version specific kext to the version folder.  What is one extra step to create the version folder?

As you just said, it's an extra step. Optimizing/improving an app also means reducing the number of extra steps like these. And with that mentality in mind, you could just as well boot your computer in command line. You won't need a bootloader. You will compile one on the spot. :)) Come on, man. You can't be serious.

And about that, we could do this: check for kexts needed for the OS versions on that machine. First in the Other/common folder, then in the let's say 10.11 folder. If they're missing in both places (although the folders have been created upon installation and they're ready to be populated with your extra kexts), pop-up the user: dude, you're missing kexts! Do you want to open the kext folder and maybe add some, or ignore this warning and get an unbootable system? Options: Open/Ignore.

There are many ways you can fix this. That's not the problem. However, doing it manually (when you don't need to) is not the way to evolution, in my opinion.

Well then,, i have another questions.

Anybody know how to use native power management on Clover with SkyLake?? I need to use FakeCPUIID 0x00306F2 or 0x00306C2 and tick Kernel Haswell-E or Kernel PM to boot.
SkyLake was supported by Latest Beta 10.11.1 right?? Correct me if i was wrong

Can anyone check if this is good. "ditto: can't get real path for source '/Users/Ella/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverUpdater/build/CloverUpdater.app'"

===================== RC Scripts =======================
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.target
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.all.volumes
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.core
================= Optional RC Scripts ==================
	[BUILD] disable_sleep_proxy_client
==================== Clover Prefpane ===================
ditto: can't get real path for source '/Users/Ella/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverUpdater/build/CloverUpdater.app'
	[BUILD] CloverPrefpane
================= Post =================
	[BUILD] Post

--------------------------
 Building process complete!

Build info.
 ===========
  Package name: Clover_v2.3k_r3288.pkg
  MD5:          b394e30366585189582950d4a36d3d83
  Version:      v2.3k
  Stage:        v2.3k
  Date/Time:    2015-10-16 08:26:12
  Built by:     root
  Copyright     2012-2015

adding: Clover_v2.3k_r3288.pkg (deflated 0%)
  adding: Clover_v2.3k_r3288.pkg.md5 (stored 0%)
open builtPKG
Good Morning  .

Ejecting RAM disk
"disk2" unmounted.
"disk2" ejected.
Ella-iMac:~ Ella$ 

If MSR 0xE2 is locked in your UEFI you'll always need KernelPM. 10.11.1 Beta 4 should natively support Skylake.

I remember for long ago i used PMPatch.exe rev 0.5.14 to unlock MSR at MSI B85 Gaming. But today i try it on Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Bios and show log like below

"PMPatch 0.5.14

PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei modules not found."

What's the mean of this??

It looks no MSR Lock,, but why with Real CPUID i can't boot?? :o

It's stuck at mark ++++++++++++++++++ and hang in there

Can anyone check if this is good. "ditto: can't get real path for source '/Users/Ella/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverUpdater/build/CloverUpdater.app'"

===================== RC Scripts =======================
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.target
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.all.volumes
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.core
================= Optional RC Scripts ==================
	[BUILD] disable_sleep_proxy_client
==================== Clover Prefpane ===================
ditto: can't get real path for source '/Users/Ella/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverUpdater/build/CloverUpdater.app'
	[BUILD] CloverPrefpane
================= Post =================
	[BUILD] Post

Building process complete!

Build info.
 ===========
  Package name: Clover_v2.3k_r3288.pkg
  MD5:          b394e30366585189582950d4a36d3d83
  Version:      v2.3k
  Stage:        v2.3k
  Date/Time:    2015-10-16 08:26:12
  Built by:     root
  Copyright     2012-2015

adding: Clover_v2.3k_r3288.pkg (deflated 0%)
  adding: Clover_v2.3k_r3288.pkg.md5 (stored 0%)
open builtPKG
Good Morning  .

Ejecting RAM disk
"disk2" unmounted.
"disk2" ejected.
Ella-iMac:~ Ella$ 

Missing CloverUpdater.app

Read This:

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/os-x-10-11-1-beta-4-adds-skylake-support/

Check your ig-platform-id

Use AMIBCP 5.xx (version 5!) to unlock CSR / MSR -> its under CPU Settings, just change to disable (for optimal and failsafe) in amibcp....

Disable VT-D... Set Sata to AHCI or PCIe to NVME...

Check if FakeSMC exists, Check as what clover see your CPU...

Check if you are using aptiofix driver in clover (would be nice if you can confirm later if Aptiofix is needed for Aptio5...)

Cheers :-)

Read This:

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/os-x-10-11-1-beta-4-adds-skylake-support/

Check your ig-platform-id

Use AMIBCP 5.xx (version 5!) to unlock CSR / MSR -> its under CPU Settings, just change to disable (for optimal and failsafe) in amibcp....

Disable VT-D... Set Sata to AHCI or PCIe to NVME...

Check if FakeSMC exists, Check as what clover see your CPU...

Check if you are using aptiofix driver in clover (would be nice if you can confirm later if Aptiofix is needed for Aptio5...)

Cheers :-)

1. I will google to use "AMIBCP", thanks

2. I use dart=0, i think i can use VT-D Enable if i use "dart=0" as boot argument. I have dual boot system (OS X and Windows), i need VT-D Enable for windows

3. I have FakeSMC :D but for right now i need to remove all of kexts inside FakeSMC's plugin. If i use CPUSensor.kext then it will stuck at ACPI log (no kernel panic). Maybe because i use FakeCPUID

4. I have submit ticket at clover project in sourceforge :D , because of that Slice make R3280. So Clover detect my CPU as it should be. You can see here https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/177/

5. Yeah,, every i restart my computer then it will be a NEW ENTRY at bios. There are too much of its. Entry 1 until 12 are "UEFI - F200 Partition"

PS : UEFI-F200 Partition is my SSD System with OS X El capitan

Sorry for my bad english, i don't expert on that :(

@andreszerocross hard to tell since i dont have a skylake setup and maybe only few peoples in this topic who had one already including the developers

About PM maybe its time to play with xcpm mode, not sure if new imac start with those too or wait until Clover can generate states more correctly (guessing)

@andreszerocross hard to tell since i dont have a skylake setup and maybe only few peoples in this topic who had one already including the developers

About PM maybe its time to play with xcpm mode, not sure if new imac start with those too or wait until Clover can generate states more correctly (guessing)

I make a new post here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308707-fresh-install-from-usb-installer-el-capitan-10111-beta-build-15b38b-on-skylake-i7-6700-gigabyte-z170-hd3/

Maybe you can analyze some error with my attach file there. I hope anyone here can analyze those files

2. I use dart=0, i think i can use VT-D Enable if i use "dart=0" as boot argument. I have dual boot system (OS X and Windows), i need VT-D Enable for windows

3. I have FakeSMC :D but for right now i need to remove all of kexts inside FakeSMC's plugin. If i use CPUSensor.kext then it will stuck at ACPI log (no kernel panic). Maybe because i use FakeCPUID

4. I have submit ticket at clover project in sourceforge :D , because of that Slice make R3280. So Clover detect my CPU as it should be. You can see here https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/177/

5. Yeah,, every i restart my computer then it will be a NEW ENTRY at bios. There are too much of its. Entry 1 until 12 are "UEFI - F200 Partition"

Remove dart=0 and drop DMAR table instead if You need vt-d

You can send me your bios dump if you want just dump it with afuwin 5

I am working right now,, how about tonight?? Thanks for the response

4. I have submit ticket at clover project in sourceforge :D , because of that Slice make R3280. So Clover detect my CPU as it should be. You can see here https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/177/

You can send me your bios dump if you want just dump it with afuwin 5...

Cheetah:-)

You can send me your bios dump if you want just dump it with afuwin 5...

Chers:-)