Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

hello

how hard is to boot verbose and see kernel msg ?

or

kextstat | grep kextname ?

man .. u must read a litle more to debug ur problems

good hack

It's really hard when you don't know what you should be looking for.

I just booted verbose. Nothing came to my attention.

Also. Running that command in terminal doesn't show anything.

I replaced "kextname" with "RealtekRTL8111.kext".

I would.love to read more about this. But I don't know where to start. Because in theory, everything should run OK with the old kext

Still, it doesn't.

I can see a ton of parsing errors...

I saved the Console output. Please, tell me if that helps in any way.

In Yosemite:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-09-20 at 1.09.51 AM.png Still...no LAN is actually recognized.

Looks like it has loaded. In your System Preferences -> Networking choose the + button down at the bottom left to add an interface going with an ethernet one to add then accept and see if finds it. Meize's instruction for the installation are I think that you should remove the old interface first making sure that all other .kext that would drive a Realtek card are removed, reboot then install driver rebuild caches reboot again then add the new interface. 

Edit: When I used to use the driver you are trying on the odd occasion I needed to go into the Advanced for the interface and manually set it to 1000 for the speed it would drop back to 100 for some strange reason.

Looks like it has loaded. In your System Preferences -> Networking choose the + button down at the bottom left to add an interface going with an ethernet one to add then accept and see if finds it. Meize's instruction for the installation are I think that you should remove the old interface first making sure that all other .kext that would drive a Realtek card are removed, reboot then install driver rebuild caches reboot again then add the new interface.

Edit: When I used to use the driver you are trying on the odd occasion I needed to go into the Advanced for the interface and manually set it to 1000 for the speed it would drop back to 100 for some strange reason.

can't add Ethernet since it's not in the list of available options for this case. :( This is really weird.

I can see a ton of parsing errors...

I saved the Console output. Please, tell me if that helps in any way.

In Yosemite:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-09-20 at 1.09.51 AM.png Still...no LAN is actually recognized.

From your log :

9/20/15 12:08:04.884 AM Finder[256] There was an error parsing the Info.plist for the bundle at URL Contents/Info.plist -- file:///Volumes/EFI/.Trashes/501/RealtekRTL8111%2012.08.02%20AM.kext/

What the hell does the ReaktekRTL811.kext is doing here ?

• Like 1

From your log :

9/20/15 12:08:04.884 AM Finder[256] There was an error parsing the Info.plist for the bundle at URL Contents/Info.plist -- file:///Volumes/EFI/.Trashes/501/RealtekRTL8111%2012.08.02%20AM.kext/

What the hell does the ReaktekRTL811.kext is doing here ?

i was asking myself the same thing.

On El Capitan, even after a fresh install, it will still show the same error.

So currently, where's is it ?

/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.1x ?

How many EFI parition do you have ? When you run bdmesg, does Clover shows that kexts are indeed injected from your kexts folder regarding the version you boot ?

Like this ? :

10:328  0:006  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11
10:329  0:000    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\FakeSMC.kext
10:340  0:011      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\ACPISensors.kext
10:343  0:003      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\CPUSensors.kext
10:346  0:003      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\GPUSensors.kext
10:351  0:004      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\LPCSensors.kext
10:358  0:006    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\realtekALC.kext
10:366  0:007    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\RealtekRTL8111.kext
10:373  0:007  Removed efi-boot-device-data variable: Success
10:373  0:000  Custom boot is disabled
10:373  0:000  Closing log

• Like 1

This is due to the presence of boot.efi in the temporary installer files, left behind on your main OSX partition, when you directly run Apple's OSX Installer.app (“.IABootFiles” or it might be "OS X Install Data").

To fix:

1.  Enable showing of hidden files in Finder by typing the following in terminal...

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true ; killall Finder  

2.  Delete the hidden folder named “.IABootFiles” (or "OS X Install Data") in the root directory of your OSX partition...

post-846696-0-45655300-1434195154_thumb.

post-846696-0-66506600-1441893225_thumb.

3.  You can then re-hide the hidden files.  Type in terminal...

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean false ; killall Finder

BRAVO!! That was the perfect answer.  Thank you. . . and sorry for posting this in the Clover General Discussion.  I thought it was a Clover issue.

So currently, where's is it ?

/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.1x ?

How many EFI parition do you have ? When you run bdmesg, does Clover shows that kexts are indeed injected from your kexts folder regarding the version you boot ?

Like this ? :

10:328  0:006  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11

10:329  0:000    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\FakeSMC.kext

10:340  0:011      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\ACPISensors.kext

10:343  0:003      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\CPUSensors.kext

10:346  0:003      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\GPUSensors.kext

10:351  0:004      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\LPCSensors.kext

10:358  0:006    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\realtekALC.kext

10:366  0:007    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\RealtekRTL8111.kext

10:373  0:007  Removed efi-boot-device-data variable: Success

10:373  0:000  Custom boot is disabled

10:373  0:000  Closing log

Finally fixed with a custom kext I found online (might be Mieze's). Maybe a newer/older/better version of that. I don't know. Point is: it works!

The one I had, which, by the way, Artur, was not from Tony (not that that would be a bad thing anyway), didn't work anymore.

Also, Slice, unfortunately yours didn't work either, man.. :( Not sure why.

post-1303722-0-14396600-1442751347_thumb.jpg

At first I thought it's Clovers injection. So I tried the kexts in S/L/E. But, as you could see, those failed to load.

The only one so far that seems to work for me was this one. And it works from Clover/kexts. So I'll keep it safe. :))

Thank you guys so much for your patience. And for your awesome replies.

Cheers!

There is a new NVRAM GUID

// 5d62b28d-6ed2-40b4-66d3939bd76c60a5
#define APPLE_NVRAM_TRB_STAGING_COMMAND_GUID {0x5d62b28d, 0x6ed2, 0x40b4, 0x66, 0xd3, 0x93, 0x9b, 0xd7, 0x6c, 0x60, 0xa5}
extern EFI_GUID gAppleEFINVRAMTRBStagingCommandGuid

Correct. And I meant new as in not already known in Clover. Perhaps this should be added to DarwinDumper, in case it wasn't done already.

Hi Pike

I can add the GUID but do you know what variable names are associated with it?

nvram 5D62B28D-6ED2-40B4-A560-6CD79B93D366:??

EDIT: Oops. Should it be?

nvram 5D62B28D-6ED2-40B4-66D3-939BD76C60A5:??

I ask as the only way I know how to query for an nvram variable that does not appear under the standard nvram tool is by probing it directly. For example:

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB

I currently probe all GUIDS and variables from a list I've built up

https://bitbucket.org/blackosx/nvram/src/460df468b9f69d01e94a9253bb122d18f60bb7a7/nvram.c?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#nvram.c-398

Do you know another way of listing all variables that exist under specific GUIDS?

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 1

@Slice:

I made a new translation (turkish 100%). Can you make use of it?

p.s. please let me know, if you have problems with escaping character while compiling.

Is Romanian supported already? If not, I could help with that, if anyone interested in adding it.

Hey guys, I cannot get AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext to load from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 because "there is already x.x.x version present and it will be loaded", so i have to copy it to S/L/E.

Any workaround? I tried with force load kext in Clover menu, but it doesn't work. 

Strange then, patched Optiplex 755 version is 9.9.9, and Clover is loading orig which is 2.3.x something.

It's not that big problem, easy to workaround, but i thought that there is quicker solution than installing it to S/L/E on every step of the way. It won't mount any SATA HD's without it (be it installer or first boot), only USBs.

post-1517990-0-71695800-1442803699_thumb.png

Does anyone have working Config files that implement the new multi Config

capabilities?

I tried to copy the example posted by Slice but with them in place I couldn't even get to the Clover GUI!

Show details, please.

Do you know another way of listing all variables that exist under specific GUIDS?

No way to list all NVRAM variables. It can be done at EFI stage by cycle GetNextVariable().

No such function in OSX. 

@Slice:

I made a new translation (turkish 100%). Can you make use of it?

p.s. please let me know, if you have problems with escaping character while compiling.

OK. Will implement. Country code is "tr"?

There is also a problem to implement a GUI font that contains all this characters

"ESC - Altmenü’den çık, anamenü’yü yenile"

type2_Cambria_20pt_Cell_27x25_l-2.png

and a table of correspondence between UNICODE16 and position in the matrix.

Make, please!

Is Romanian supported already? If not, I could help with that, if anyone interested in adding it.

Currently CloverGUI supports:

en, ru, fr, it, es, pt, br, de, nl, pl, ua, cz, hr, id, ko

Help messages are for

english, russian, ukrainian, spanish, portuguese/brasil, italian, german, dutch, french, indonesian, polish, croatian, czech, korean.

But korean symbols drawing is not fine.

OK. Will implement. Country code is "tr"?

There is also a problem to implement a GUI font that contains all this characters

"ESC - Altmenü’den çık, anamenü’yü yenile"

attachicon.giftype2_Cambria_20pt_Cell_27x25_l-2.png

and a table of correspondence between UNICODE16 and position in the matrix.

Make, please!

Yes the country code is "tr".

I'll get back to you for the fonts asap.

Make, please!

Currently CloverGUI supports:

en, ru, fr, it, es, pt, br, de, nl, pl, ua, cz, hr, id, ko

Help messages are for

english, russian, ukrainian, spanish, portuguese/brasil, italian, german, dutch, french, indonesian, polish, croatian, czech, korean.

But korean symbols drawing is not fine.

Ok, Slice. I'll read a little bit on how to do this and I'll do my best to provide you with RO translation, as soon as possible.

I'm thinking of going without diacritics (meaning "a" instead of "â" or "ă"), not because I'm lazy or I couldn't write it with special characters, but because no one really cares if it's with diacritics, everyone can read it just fine without them, and because, more often than not, those special characters create issues if they are not properly encoded or if those characters are missing on the target device (which is not the case for Macs but still). So I would prefer something that everyone can read, rather than something that is "grammatically correct" but is full of encoding errors, making it unreadable, and looks like {censored}.

What would be your advice? I can do either one of them (or both, if you want). I don't mind. But I usually avoid using special characters, because of the reasons mentioned above.

It's not because of the bios flashing. I think I might have short circuited the board when removing the video card (to be able to boot with on-board graphics so that I can create the bootable USB drive and fix my card). Since I could't boot into either Windows or Mac anymore. Also, after that, the board wouldn't start anymore. I had to turn OFF the PSU, turn it back on, and only after that, the board started. Unfortunately, with no audio anymore. So yeah, it's most likely a fried controller. I am on my way to the shop now.

I wonder if you have the same audio chip than me.

Because mine is Realtek ALC 887 (Rev 0 of Z77-DS3H), my audio was DOA on sound, so the motherboard was changed.

Now my second card is also dead on sound about two years after I got it.

So maybe you haven't broken it, it simply died. But I can't send mine to Gigabyte since I havent a replacement PC.