Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Yes,

6:201  0:000  HDA Controller [8086:8C20] :: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1B,0x0) => codec not detected

It doesn't mean the codec is broken because Clover tested only CAD=0.

If you can install VoodooHDA then it tested all CADs.

Understood...

Well, I installed VoodooHDA using VoodooHDA installer 2.8.8 from here. I didn't really like VoodooHDA before due to poor audio quality, at least on my board. But it's also true that I used the one provided a very, very long time ago, from Vietnam Hackintosh Tool (or something like that). Now I started from your signature. :) They might or might not be the same in terms of the actual kext and settings and stuff like that, but one thing is sure right now: I got no audio, so I can't compare anymore.

Log attached.

boot.log.zip

Understood...

Well, I installed VoodooHDA using VoodooHDA installer 2.8.8 from here. I didn't really like VoodooHDA before due to poor audio quality, at least on my board. But it's also true that I used the one provided a very, very long time ago, from Vietnam Hackintosh Tool (or something like that). Now I started from your signature. :) They might or might not be the same in terms of the actual kext and settings and stuff like that, but one thing is sure right now: I got no audio, so I can't compare anymore.

Log attached.

are u using both apple and voodoo HDA maybe those 2 kext can't work together at least they didn't work together in past

maybe u remove them to other location and try again.......

bios flash cant broke hardware or maybe i am worng..... 

Haha, please explain "poor audio quality"...

maybe he referred the the glich of the previous version or something else

are u using both apple and voodoo HDA maybe those 2 kext can't work together at least they didn't work together in past

maybe u remove them to other location and try again.......

bios flash cant broke hardware or maybe i am worng.....

maybe he referred the the glich of the previous version or something else

It's not because of the bios flashing. I think I might have short circuited the board when removing the video card (to be able to boot with on-board graphics so that I can create the bootable USB drive and fix my card). Since I could't boot into either Windows or Mac anymore. Also, after that, the board wouldn't start anymore. I had to turn OFF the PSU, turn it back on, and only after that, the board started. Unfortunately, with no audio anymore. So yeah, it's most likely a fried controller. I am on my way to the shop now.

Poor audio quality as in sound distorts under certain circumstances. I'm glad this is not the case anymore. But one other reason why I prefer toleda's patching is that it allows me to keep my S/L/E clean and (not sure about Voodoo nowadays) it's persistent after updates.

Anyone here with the following partition layout:

1.) EFI

2.) Yosemite

3.) El Capitan

4) Recovery HD (the Yosemite one)

Can you run csrutil disable/enable from the Recovery HD?

@slice,

What is this TRB hardware? I cannot find the GUID in any of the sources I have available here. Including EFI/AMI.

(not sure about Voodoo nowadays) it's persistent after updates.

It is VoodooHDA that caughts on any updates. It works from 10.6 up to 10.11GM.

@slice,

What is this TRB hardware? I cannot find the GUID in any of the sources I have available here. Including EFI/AMI.

I don't know exactly. Account this as my suggestion.

This GUID can't be in any non-apple sources.

• Like 1

It is VoodooHDA that caughts on any updates. It works from 10.6 up to 10.11GM.

Thank you. :) Audio works with the new board. So it was a hardware issue. And yes, it works with VoodooHDA as well. Still not a big fan of it, by the way. :)) But I have to admit it is better now.

Anyway, now I've got another issue: the LAN. I thought these boards are using the exact same chipset since they are the same model, just different revisions (still not sure how to check that, I'm typing this from Windows now). Apparently I don't have LAN on Mac, but I do have on Windows. Any suggestions?

Anyway, now I've got another issue: the LAN. I thought these boards are using the exact same chipset since they are the same model, just different revisions (still not sure how to check that, I'm typing this from Windows now). Apparently I don't have LAN on Mac, but I do have on Windows. Any suggestions?

In the device manager check the vendor and pci IDs to see if they match the old alternatively in OSX install DCPI Manager then check its PCI device ID listing or boot a linux live CD/DVD use lspci -nn from a terminal to get it there.

• Like 1

In the device manager check the vendor and pci IDs to see if they match the old alternatively in OSX install DCPI Manager then check its PCI device ID listing or boot a linux live CD/DVD use lspci -nn from a terminal to get it there.

Thank you! Luckily I already had DPCI Manager on my pc.

And it says: RTL81111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller. And under Device, it says 8168.

Well if it's RTL8111 (or is it RTL8168?) why isn't any of the kexts I tried so far working (including my old one)?

Specs say its a realtek nic. You will have a new mac address now. If you already have a realtek kext installed try deleting the network interface preference in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

• Like 1

Specs say its a realtek nic. You will have a new mac address now. If you already have a realtek kext installed try deleting the network interface preference in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Tried it. But I still got no LAN. In Network (under System Preferences) I see Ethernet (but I think it's the old one) and it says "Cable Unplugged " under Status, which of course it's not the case.

hello

have u try Mieze driver ?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/

make sure u rebuild the cache

good hack

i couldn't find a kext. And I can't compile.

Fresh install of EL Capitan with the same issue...

Can you elaborate? Post console output & an IOReg dump.

I would be glad to elaborate. :) But no one requested anything and I don't know what do you guys need to debug this issue. :) Basically I have no Ethernet in System Preferences -> Network. No LAN -> no internet. 

I'll come back with the requested files in a little while.

Yes, Slice's was the first one I tried when I saw that my old one doesn't work anymore. And...no, that one didn't work for me either.

If you are in El capitan you're not forgetting to disable SIP is not it?

It is disabled, yes, using RTvariables. It's always been like this.

Can you elaborate? Post console output & an IOReg dump.

IOreg attached. I am not sure how to take console outputs...Just open up the Console.app and then...?

iMac.zip