Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I think it would be a good idea to provide some kind of a changelog for config.plist. It seems that the structure was changed recently, I have no idea how the SMBios part is structured now. If I copy this part from my old config, I can't boot the system. How should it look like now?

Can anyone attach their config.plist that works on r3264? Remove the sensitive parts, of course, I am only interested in SMBios part of the file. I can't set it up at all, if I enter any kind of SMBios data my system doesn't boot.

This patch works with 10.9.5, 10.10, 10.10.1

EDIT: some users have reported that they have used El Capitan GM without the need for patch, which makes sense since from the version 10.10.2 apple included native support for processors Haswell-E

Sorry, this patch do nothing in 10.9.5. I checked just now!

I think it would be a good idea to provide some kind of a changelog for config.plist. It seems that the structure was changed recently, I have no idea how the SMBios part is structured now. If I copy this part from my old config, I can't boot the system. How should it look like now?

Can anyone attach their config.plist that works on r3264? Remove the sensitive parts, of course, I am only interested in SMBios part of the file. I can't set it up at all, if I enter any kind of SMBios data my system doesn't boot.

Put attention on # sign means this line is commented out. To make it working delete the character #.

config-sample.plist.zip

• Like 1

@Slice, is this intended?

No more option to choose individual UEFI drivers? Is it done automatically now? Or is this an anomaly caused by an incorrect compiling of the code?

post-1303722-0-00050200-1442380553_thumb.png

Also, should we still compile Clover with edk2 rev 18198? I know there were some issues when compiling with the more recent revisions. 

Also, after installing this version that I compiled, my CLOVERX64.efi gets removed. And of course I can't boot the system anymore. Clearly I've done something wrong. But what? Any ideas?

Is the upgrade from 3262 to 3264 and up supposed to work?

Put attention on # sign means this line is commented out. To make it working delete the character #.

attachicon.gifconfig-sample.plist.zip

Thanks, I successfully edited config.plist, my system now shows the "right" information. My mistake seems to be not including board serial number and (possibly) memory information in it, they weren't present in my old config.

@ Sergey

Listen me please i have strange problem:

Now let me explain.

I have Yosemite on SSD Samsung PCI , with clover 3259 and i have Samsung 840 with EL .

If start with Yosemite and chose HD with EL ( from GUI ) I can't leave with el capitain, I don't have a kP ... but crashes on AUDIO.

Whyle if boot with pen drive ( with 3264 ) all work Yose and EL 

Strange or not?

Resolved  :wink_anim: 

• Like 3

Sorry, this patch do nothing in 10.9.5. I checked just now!#.

Hey I checked the patch with 10.9.5 Security Update 2015-006 kernel and works.

ffffff80002ccf26	cmpl	$0x3c, %eax

To

ffffff80002ccf26	cmpl	$0x3f, %eax

Check it again.

Success with Clover, 10.11 GM, and (modified) OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (on my desktop).

I changed relocation block to 128mb:

Test this version

attachicon.gifOsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.zip

This fixed the memory relocation error for me when opting to boot GM with injected kexts. I presume the linked OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi was the latest version built using Rehabman's suggested change? (no i haven't built latest from source yet). If yes then Thanks Rehabman.

This should really be dynamic, would it work if the Block allocation was moved to AllocatePages? Might have a try at the weekend, but would be cool if sb could move it to AllocatePages and replace the static value with the kernel size

That would be cool if it can be done.

This should really be dynamic, would it work if the Block allocation was moved to AllocatePages? Might have a try at the weekend, but would be cool if sb could move it to AllocatePages and replace the static value with the kernel size

kernel size is 10Mb, and kernelcache is 18Mb, while relocation block should be increased from 64Mb up to 128Mb

This fixed the memory relocation error for me when opting to boot GM with injected kexts. I presume the linked OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi was the latest version built using Rehabman's suggested change? (no i haven't built latest from source yet). If yes then Thanks Rehabman.

Yes, I uploaded Rehabman's version 128Mb although I am not sure if sometimes stinga11 version 96Mb will be better.

OK, decompessed kernelcache from ElCapitan=34.4Mb

decompkernelcache V1.8 for Win+Mac - apps to decompress kernel cache of Yosemite and older (LZVN+LZSS) and updated kext_tools f...    

but why 96?

Yeah Slice, a few posts later, after I had learned more about how the reloc block works, I said that it would need to be reallocated a few times in the process as boot.efi does more LoaderCode allocations than just kernel, such as the space for RT pages... Or there is a way to determine the size of all allocations dynamically, not sure

Hey everyone,

After fiddling around with the AAPL,boot-display and fixing my second stage boot loading bar (thanks to the great help of cecekpawon and Mirone), I am now back here with a little issue I have.

With no patches, no nothing, I have native resolution in Clover UI and first stage boot. I can also manually set the resolution (1440x900) in Clover GUI. But, I found that, with or without that, it works and looks fine anyway. So, at least in my case, that didn't make any difference.

Now, the thing is that, in order to get the second stage boot logo to show up, I had to use the EDID for my monitor. At first, I used the one generated with DarwinDumper, in hex, and placed it inside the Graphics section. But after that, I saw that actually Clover already has an "Inject EDID" feature that does exactly the same thing. So I removed the custom one, and let Clover inject its own. I had no issues with either one of them.

Also, I selected the PatchVBios option. And that brought back the Boot logo for the second-stage boot.

I also found that, with or without CsmVideoDxe-64 driver, everything still works ok. So I'm not 100% sure I need that in my case.

So far so good.

Now, the only thing is that, when applying Patch VBios, the resolution, which, until now, was native (1440x900 - 16:9 aspect ratio), decreases, making all the elements look bigger, both in Clover UI, and during the OS boot-up session. Not that ugly bigger, but clearly bigger and clearly not displayed on the default resolution for my monitor.

Without Patch VBios, I don't have the second-stage boot logo. But the resolution is ok.

With Patch VBios, I do have the second-stage boot logo. But everything is at a lower resolution.

And I was thinking maybe I need a patch VBios for my resolution since the automatic detection (assuming the patch has my resolution) doesn't seem to work properly.

I looked this problem up and came upon a few threads on different forums. But they were all for 1920x1080. Which is a very common resolution, for sure. But...i don't have a monitor with that resolution..yet. So to me, that's no good.

Any ideas? If you guys need anything in order to help me fix this, please, let me know.

If you guys already know a place where I can find these, please, let me know.

I was attempting to use PatchVBiosBytes in order to fix this issue, but, as I said, I need to know what to replace for my case.

So, to me, right now, there are two options: update Patch Vbios to be able to detect this resolution by default (so no need to manually specify it using PatchVBiosBytes). OR, use PatchVBiosBytes, but I would need to know the values I need to patch.

Sorry for the long post. I hope you can help with this. You surely have a lot more experience with this than I do. I don't wanna screw up my video card. I know it's not a high-end video card. But still, it's a good card for what I need.

What's the different between boot0af and boot0ss if I using pure GPT,and installed OS X on first partition?

boot0af - searches Active partition First, if not found as in GPT case then Second search EFI partition. it is that you want.

boot0ss - searches HFS+ partition, useful if you install Clover on HFS+ partition, if you have no ESP partition.

Hi Slice ..I See picture by naiclub ( clover installer ) why have inside driver hfsplus?

Because he compiled by himself including HFSPlus.efi before compiling.

As I said I can't include this driver into package on SF.NET because of licensing problem.

@arsradu

Sorry, I can't say something definitely about nVidia.

Did you forget to set needed resolution in the config.plist?

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>ScreenResolution</key>
		<string>1440x900</string>

• Like 2

@arsradu

Sorry, I can't say something definitely about nVidia.

Did you forget to set needed resolution in the config.plist?

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>ScreenResolution</key>
		<string>1440x900</string>

I think it is already set, yes (can't check right now). As I said above, setting that manually, or not setting it at all, has the same result: everything ok in terms of resolution (but no logo on second-stage).

The problems appear when using Patch VBios to bring back the logo for second stage boot. I think the Patch overrides the information from GUI with whatever it thinks it's the best resolution. Unfortunately, it seems to be wrong, causing everything to be displayed at a lower resolution.

I think it is already set, yes (can't check right now). As I said above, setting that manually, or not setting it at all, has the same result: everything ok in terms of resolution (but no logo on second-stage).

The problems appear when using Patch VBios to bring back the logo for second stage boot. I think the Patch overrides the information from GUI with whatever it thinks it's the best resolution. Unfortunately, it seems to be wrong, causing everything to be displayed at a lower resolution.

What is in boot-log?

boot0af - searches Active partition First, if not found as in GPT case then Second search EFI partition. it is that you want.

boot0ss - searches HFS+ partition, useful if you install Clover on HFS+ partition, if you have no ESP partition.

Use fdisk I got this

Jianwei:~ jianweiliu$ sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

Password:

Disk: /dev/disk0 geometry: 15566/255/63 [250069680 sectors]

Signature: 0xAA55

Starting       Ending

#: id  cyl  hd sec -  cyl  hd sec [     start -       size]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: EE 1023 254  63 - 1023 254  63 [         1 -  250069679] <Unknown ID>

2: 00    0   0   0 -    0   0   0 [         0 -          0] unused      

3: 00    0   0   0 -    0   0   0 [         0 -          0] unused      

4: 00    0   0   0 -    0   0   0 [         0 -          0] unused 

There is no Active partition

Jianwei:~ jianweiliu$ diskutil list 

/dev/disk0

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:                  Apple_HFS Mavericks               64.0 GB    disk0s2

3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3

4:         Microsoft Reserved                         134.2 MB   disk0s4

5:       Microsoft Basic Data                         62.6 GB    disk0s5

/dev/disk1

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *31.6 GB    disk1

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1

2:                  Apple_HFS Install OS X Mavericks  31.3 GB    disk1s2

/dev/disk2

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk2

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk2s1

2:                  Apple_HFS HDD                     999.9 GB   disk2s2

It's impossible to have GPT without EFI and ESP in most computer,how could you say I couldn't have ESP?And how could you say boot0ss scan hfs+ when boot0ss boot ESP on my computer.How could you say I have ESP and don't have ESP when I use boot0af and boot0ss?Boot sector doesn't affect ESP exist.