Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

I did... I'm not sure I got that part. Does that mean that you should not run ebuild.sh from Clover directory anymore? Cause otherwise, I don't see how these are related. I guess I'm just slow today. :))

Did you see here

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Development#Compiling-from-source

• Like 1

Worked a treat, thanks.

Ok I find the solution for make it work  :thumbsup_anim:

See my  CloverGrowerPro.conf

BUILD_PACKAGE='Ask'
CHECKUPDATEINTERVAL='604800'
CLOVERSVNURL='svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/code'
DEFAULT_TARGET='ia32 x64-mcp'
EBUILD_OPTIONAL_ARGS=''
EDK2DIR='/Users/chris/CloverGrowerPro/edk2'
EDK2SVNURL='svn co  18198 svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2'
ENABLE_SECURE_BOOT='0'
ONLY_SATA0_PATCH='0'
TOOLCHAIN='/Users/chris/CloverGrowerPro/toolchain'
USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER=‘0’
VBIOS_PATCH_IN_CLOVEREFI='0'

Ok I find the best solution for make it work  :thumbsup_anim:

See my  CloverGrowerPro.conf

Got this error

Getting SVN Source, Hang ten…

svn: warning: W170000: Illegal repository URL 'svn%20co%20-r%2018198%20svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2'

svn: E200009: Could not display info for all targets because some targets don't exist

Unable to checkout new EDK2 sources !

Got this error

svn: warning: W170000: Illegal repository URL 'svn%20co%20-r%2018198%20svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2'

svn: E200009: Could not display info for all targets because some targets don't exist

I see this but its woking anyway

Clover Update Detected !

******** Clover Package STATS **********

*       local  revision at 3252        *

*       remote revision at 3262        *

*       Package Built   =  No          *

svn: warning: W170000: Illegal repository URL 'svn%20co%20%2018198%20svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2'

Checked, Updates found...

Auto Updating Clover From 3252 to 3262 ...

Svn up Clover OK

Generating BootSectors

make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Done!

Cloverx64-mcp release OK

Clover Grower Complete Build process took 4m39s to complete...

Type 'm' To make Clover_v2_r3262.pkg...

Build info.

===========

Package name: Clover_v2.3k_r3262.pkg

MD5:          26a9aa7ce85c2654206ce18f1accf20b

Version:      v2.3k

Stage:        v2.3k

Date/Time:    2015-08-30 22:31:40

Built by:     chris

Copyright     2012

adding: Clover_v2.3k_r3262.pkg (deflated 0%)

adding: Clover_v2.3k_r3262.pkg.md5 (stored 0%)

open builtPKG

Good Night    .

Ejecting RAM disk

"disk2" unmounted.

"disk2" ejected.

logout

[Opération terminée]

Yes, I did.

That's why I said there should be a "cd Clover" after "cp -R Clover/Patches_for_EDK2/* ./"

In the original instructions, you're given the possibility to come back and compile a newer version without starting from scratch. And for that case, you just need to do

cd Clover
svn up

Which will bring you to the Clover directory where you can run ebuild.sh and build the packages.

But in ErmaC's post, this step is missing, cause it's showing how to do it from scratch. And that's ok.

BUT, if you do it this way, you also need to add "cd Clover" after copying the Patches. Otherwise you won't be able to run ebuild.sh, cause you will be still in the edk2 directory and there is no such file there. 

Here's what I mean.I hope this makes it a bit clearer.

post-1303722-0-83163300-1440997938_thumb.png

Something strange that I cannot pinpoint.  I have two drives Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512Gb and a samsung XP941 512Gb PCIe.   I installed Clover separately onto each drive but the EFI on the Samsung SSD is Mac OS extended  (Journaled)  and the EFI on the XP941 is MS-DOS (FAT) which is what it should be correct?  Why would the installer make the EFI on the SSD Mac OS Extended (Journaled) instead on MS-DOS?  I also just created a 10.10.5 USB installer and the EFI is MS-DOS but before erasing it, the 10.10.3 installer EFI was Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as well?

Is it better to disconnect one drive when running the Clover installer?  I don't know if this is what caused this or not?

Something strange that I cannot pinpoint.  I have two drives Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512Gb and a samsung XP941 512Gb PCIe.   I installed Clover separately onto each drive but the EFI on the Samsung SSD is Mac OS extended  (Journaled)  and the EFI on the XP941 is MS-DOS (FAT) which is what it should be correct?  Why would the installer make the EFI on the SSD Mac OS Extended (Journaled) instead on MS-DOS?  I also just created a 10.10.5 USB installer and the EFI is MS-DOS but before erasing it, the 10.10.3 installer EFI was Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as well?

Is it better to disconnect one drive when running the Clover installer?  I don't know if this is what caused this or not?

Should be "Mac OS Extended" for both. You probably formatted one for MBR instead of GUID?

Don't know about disconnecting one drive. Though...you might wanna do that to ensure the bootloader gets on the right HDD/SSD.

I've had issues because of that on Windows and Linux. I never tried it on another HDD with Mac OS...so I don't really know. And my Mac HDD is disk0, so never had any issues with that.

• Like 1

Got the same build error, but managed to fix it without changing anything to CGP:

(my CGP folder is located at ~/Repo/CloverGrowerPro)

cd ~/Repo/CloverGrowerPro/edk2
svn up -r 18198 (answered tc to all conflicts)
cd ~/Repo/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover
./ebuild.sh cleanall (just in case, maybe not needed in most cases)
./ebuild.sh cleanpkg (just in case, maybe not needed in most cases)
cloverpro

That way, I was able to build it and since the Clover sources are already the latest, the CGP script won't trigger an edk2 source update.

And this is what will do next time when a new Clover version has been released:

cd ~/Repo/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover
svn up
./ebuild.sh cleanall (just in case, maybe not needed in most cases)
./ebuild.sh cleanpkg (just in case, maybe not needed in most cases)
cloverpro
  • Like 3

Should be "Mac OS Extended" for both. You probably formatted one for MBR instead of GUID?

Don't know about disconnecting one drive. Though...you might wanna do that to ensure the bootloader gets on the right HDD/SSD.

I've had issues because of that on Windows and Linux. I never tried it on another HDD with Mac OS...so I don't really know. And my Mac HDD is disk0, so never had any issues with that.

They are both GUID.  Its random that it does this.   I think its suppose to be MS-DOS after you install Clover isn't it?

Nope.

Is the USB installer formated as GUID?

And also, there is no such thing as random. :P

Everything is partitioned as GUID and formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) .  The EFI starts out as OS Extended (Journaled). After a clover install either it remains that way or it creates a MS-DOS EFI partition.   It does for sure create a MS-DOS EFI partition if done from a freshly formatted drive partitioned as Guid and formatted as  Mac OS Extended (Journaled), whether its an SSD or Flash drive.  

Everything is partitioned as GUID and formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) .  The EFI starts out as OS Extended (Journaled). After a clover install either it remains that way or it creates a MS-DOS EFI partition.   It does for sure create a MS-DOS EFI partition if done from a freshly formatted drive partitioned as Guid and formatted as  Mac OS Extended (Journaled), whether its an SSD or Flash drive.  

Can you show me the "Customize" screen of your Clover?

If the HDD/SSD is properly formatted for GUID, it's really weird to change after installing Clover. And that not even all the time...

Just for reference, this is what it looks like on my computer.

post-1303722-0-61741000-1441046347_thumb.png

• Like 1

Can you show me the "Customize" screen of your Clover?

If the HDD/SSD is properly formatted for GUID, it's really weird to change after installing Clover. And that not even all the time...

Just for reference, this is what it looks like on my computer.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-08-31 at 9.35.01 PM.png

Ill do a fresh install tonight with an SSD they I have not touched still in the box.  I will make 1 partition GUID and make sure its set to Mac OS Extended (Journaled).  I will install a fresh copy of OSX 10.10.5 then install the latest clover with only 1 drive connected.  We will have to see if that partition remains the same or if it changes it?  Funny because I was always able to boot to single mode and mount EFI with mount -v MSDOS.

Ill do a fresh install tonight with an SSD they I have not touched still in the box.  I will make 1 partition GUID and make sure its set to Mac OS Extended (Journaled).  I will install a fresh copy of OSX 10.10.5 then install the latest clover with only 1 drive connected.  We will have to see if that partition remains the same or if it changes it?  Funny because I was always able to boot to single mode and mount EFI with mount -v MSDOS.

For as far as I know, the HDD needs to be formatted as GUID, not the partition.

And..that is funny... And weird. :))

From what I know, EFI partition is always an MS-DOS formated partition, even on real Macs. According to the UEFI standard, EFI partition has to be in FAT format regardless of the OS so I would assume that it's that the way it is for Clover too.

As long as I can remember, I didn't ever see an HFS+ formated EFI partition. I think doing this way is only necessary when using Chameleon inside the EFI (UEFI Chameleon install actually) and not at the root of the drive. When installing Clover, I guess that the installer just make sure it is MS-DOS formated in case you've played with it and that will also explain why it creates an EFI Backup folder.

But I'm not an expert and maybe totally wrong :P

Here is a screenshot from my MacBook Air 11" mid-2012 and as you can see, the EFI is FAT32 :

0f7d1db3-5da6-4888-b0d1-3b9cbc3cc652.jpg

Strange discussion.

GPT = GUID Partition Table. This is not format of partition, it is partition table.

It assumed several partitions and the first one is ESP = EFI System Partition, formatted as FAT32 (MS-DOS is incorrect name, because real MSDOS works with FAT16).

Format ESP to MacOS Extended is very strange idea, just "mauvais ton" (fr).

• Like 2

Well then that answers one my of questions, it is FAT32 and just displays MS-DOS.  So the drive with  EFI as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) is incorrect.  I will just format it and run Clover again. I cannot explain why this happened to the Samsung XP941?  I never ran any command, I always use clover to install.  I know there are a few different ways to format from terminal.

newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

rdisk or disk?

Has anyone here setup Clover to auto-boot when the computer starts up. I was told Clover has that feature but I have looked through the Clover instructions and can't find anything about auto-boot. Can anyone help me?

Has anyone here setup Clover to auto-boot when the computer starts up. I was told Clover has that feature but I have looked through the Clover instructions and can't find anything about auto-boot. Can anyone help me?

Here you go 

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Boot#Timeout

Clover must have be able to find a default entry for it to automatically boot into an OS see DefaultVolume below

Not obligatory.

Mostly all settings can be erased from config.plist. Clover knows the best value for you.

PS. Meanwhile this is wrong. DefaultLoader is not Clover. It is "boot.efi".

It is strange idea to show Clover that it is own the default.

Clover is not bootloader. It is Boot Manager.

Bootloaders are:

boot.efi for OSX

grub.efi for Linux

bootmgr.efi for Windows

• Like 2

Hi Slice is this support by Clover ?

DELL Precision 690 Workstation

Double  Intel® Xeon® Processor E5335 

(8M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

I try legacy and ESP and reboot automatic, no boot?

I have the Graphics compatible  GT 610 Geforce 2 gig