Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

is it just me? .... tried to build 3262 and got this error:

Processing meta-data .

build.py...

/Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/Clover.dsc(...): error 4000: Instance of library class [VarCheckLib] is not found

in [/Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Variable/RuntimeDxe/VariableRuntimeDxe.inf] [X64]

consumed by module [/Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Variable/RuntimeDxe/VariableRuntimeDxe.inf]

I'm getting the same error.

For general info, here are the SIP values set by each option of Apple's csrutil utility from recovery partition with DP7:

hex     n/a    nvram  dtrace intern debug  pid    fs     kexts  nvram csr-active-config
csrutil enabled --no-internal       00      0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0      %00%00%00%00
csrutil enabled                     10      0      0      0      1      0      0      0      0      %10%00%00%00
csrutil enable —-without kext       11      0      0      0      1      0      0      0      1      %11%00%00%00
csrutil enable —-without fs         12      0      0      0      1      0      0      1      0      %12%00%00%00
csrutil enable —-without debug      14      0      0      0      1      0      1      0      0      %14%00%00%00
csrutil enable —-without dtrace     30      0      0      1      1      0      0      0      0      0%00%00%00
csrutil enable —-without nvram      50      0      1      0      1      0      0      0      0      P%00%00%00
csrutil disabled                    77      0      1      1      1      0      1      1      1      w%00%00%00

Other settings
disabled (no internal)              67      0      1      1      0      0      1      1      1      g%00%00%00

Of course you are free to use any other value that you want for your hack, for example 0x01, 0x03.

• Like 15

clover hot key option in custom entry woking on legacy bios system???

Here is custom entry and i cannot use hotkey option

key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>Custom</key>
<dict>
<key>Entries</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>FullTitle</key>
<string>Windows</string>
<key>Hidden</key>
<false/>
<key>Ignore</key>
<false/>
<key>Path</key>
<string>\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi</string>
<key>Type</key>
<string>Windows</string>
<key>Volume</key>
<string>EFI</string>
<key>VolumeType</key>
<string>Internal</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>FullTitle</key>
<string>OSX Yosemite</string>
<key>Hidden</key>
<false/>
<key>Ignore</key>
<false/>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Detect</string>
<key>NoCaches</key>
<false/>
<key>Type</key>
<string>OSX</string>
<key>VolumeType</key>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Hidden</key>
<true/>
<key>Hotkey</key>
<string>o</string>
<key>Ignore</key>
<false/>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<true/>
<key>NoCaches</key>
<false/>
<key>Title</key>
<string>OSX Recovery</string>
<key>Type</key>
<string>OSXRecovery</string>
<key>VolumeType</key>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Ignore</key>
<false/>
<key>Path</key>
<string>\EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi</string>
<key>Title</key>
<string>Linux</string>
<key>Type</key>
<string>Linux</string>
<key>Volume</key>
<string>EFI</string>
<key>VolumeType</key>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Hidden</key>
<true/>
<key>Hotkey</key>
<string>m</string>
<key>Ignore</key>
<false/>
<key>Path</key>
<string>\EFI\Aomei\AomeiBoot.efi</string>
<key>Title</key>
<string>AOMEI Recovery Partition</string>
<key>Type</key>
<string>Windows</string>
<key>Volume</key>
<string>EFI</string>
<key>VolumeType</key>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>

Guys, do we need to manually specify a certain C-state (Clover Configurator)? Or is it enough to check the box for "Generate Cstates" and Clover will pick one automatically? And if so, which one will it pick?

I was trying to debug some sleep issues that I'm having with El Capitan (but not with any other operating system) and I started reading about this on the internet. So I was just wondering if the user has to select a specific C-state for this case, or if it makes any difference whatsoever if he doesn't.

What's your Sleep issue, my El Capitan install panics every time I try and wake it from sleep since installing PB5?

Well, mine doesn't go to sleep in the first place. I don't have kp anymore.  I suddenly had one since I installed PB5 again (fresh install), with no apparent reason whatsoever, and I solved it easily by clearing my kernel cache.

About the sleep issue itself, it turns off most of my components, but the CPU and the video card are still on. So basically half of my computer is still on (I can't interact with it though). This does not occur with Yosemite. And previous issues I had with Yosemite, were caused by the graphics card. Now, I know the latest Nvidia graphics card driver is in Beta, so...I'm waiting for an update on that, in case this might have anything to do with the driver. Anyway, it does the same thing with or without the driver installed. So, that's why I was starting debugging other causes for lack of sleep. But I'm not sure the lack of C-states is one of them. Still I was curious to know if we need to add a specific state manually or if it makes any difference if we don't.

For general info, here are the SIP values set by each option of Apple's csrutil utility from recovery partition with DP7:

hex     n/a    nvram  dtrace intern debug  pid    fs     kexts  nvram csr-active-config
csrutil enabled --no-internal       00      0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0      %00%00%00%00
csrutil enabled                     10      0      0      0      1      0      0      0      0      %10%00%00%00
csrutil enable —-without kext       11      0      0      0      1      0      0      0      1      %11%00%00%00
csrutil enable —-without fs         12      0      0      0      1      0      0      1      0      %12%00%00%00
csrutil enable —-without debug      14      0      0      0      1      0      1      0      0      %14%00%00%00
csrutil enable —-without dtrace     30      0      0      1      1      0      0      0      0      0%00%00%00
csrutil enable —-without nvram      50      0      1      0      1      0      0      0      0      P%00%00%00
csrutil disabled                    77      0      1      1      1      0      1      1      1      w%00%00%00

Other settings
disabled (no internal)              67      0      1      1      0      0      1      1      1      g%00%00%00

Of course you are free to use any other value that you want for your hack, for example 0x01, 0x03.

So what are the safest BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig entries that still allow kext injection and normal booting?  :rolleyes: Can I switch to 0x2 or something like that to improve security? 

Mine are standard 0x28 and 0x67

I have enabled rootless after rebuilding kext caches. 

@iRipper

Since Blackosx's post i've been using the following settings with same results, only the SIP status messages are now correct and assume will continue to work with future OS X El Capitan updates.

CsrActiveConfig=0x11

BooterConfig=0x28

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
	Apple Internal: disabled
	Kext Signing: disabled
	Filesystem Protections: enabled
	Debugging Restrictions: enabled
	DTrace Restrictions: enabled
	NVRAM Protections: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

Good luck!

Ok so after finally getting my dual boot going with Clover.... It is now hiding my "Microsoft Reserved" partition which I was using to boot Win7.

The change that caused this? I switched out my storage drives. Yup that's it. It was working fine immediately before. What gives? Is there something I can do to force it to show it? 

Edit:

Something I did under OS X made my windows unbootable. This has never happened before in any install I've done, ever. Or maybe I did something under Windows... Ugh I hate windows. Nevertheless a reinstall got me going.

What's your Sleep issue, my El Capitan install panics every time I try and wake it from sleep since installing PB5?

Is it  correct you are still loading changed or non apple signed kexts in S/L/E when likely you should be looking at other ways to get your o/b audio working. Further more have you done a clean install and tested El Capit without any additional apps loaded?

One has to appreciate that El Cap is a work in progress, but you would be well advised to respect the integrity of S/L/E beit security or otherwise one needs to read up on the changes announced at WDC - they are well documented

Well, not as easy as with CGP (though there are definitely ways to make it easier), but not impossible either. :D

post-1303722-0-44605100-1440926029_thumb.png post-1303722-0-03880800-1440926041_thumb.png post-1303722-0-13467400-1440926057_thumb.png

Question: is there any actual advantage between using HFSPlus.efi (Apple proprietary) and VBoxHFS.efi (open source)? I didn't see much of a speed improvement with either one of them.

Share how please  :angel:

Just replace MdeModulePkg from edk2 18198

Run this  svn co -r 18198 https://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2 edk2

And change the  entire folder MdeModulePkg inside your Grower

• Like 1

[...]
cd Clover
./buildgettext.sh
./buildgcc-4.9.sh
./buildnasm.sh
cd ..
./edksetup.sh
cp -R Clover/Patches_for_EDK2/* ./
./ebuild.sh
./ebuild.sh -mc
./ebuild.sh -ia32
[...]

1. Thank you so much for this post! I managed to make my own very simple script to compile Clover automatically. So thank you very much for this!

2. I think there might be a switch back to Clover directory command ("cd Clover") missing in the steps above, right after the copy command? There is no ebuild.sh in edk2 for as far as I could see. :D

Again, big thank you for everything you do on this forum. Much appreciated.

1. Thank you so much for this post! I managed to make my own very simple script to compile Clover automatically. So thank you very much for this!

2. I think there might be a switch back to Clover directory command ("cd Clover") missing in the steps above, right after the copy command? There is no ebuild.sh in edk2 for as far as I could see. :D

Again, big thank you for everything you do on this forum. Much appreciated.

Not sure but I think its Slice editing the post you are  talking ?

I said to  We want to use revision 18198. Else you may exclude "-r 19198" if you know how to overcome incompatibilities.   :D 

Not sure but I think its Slice editing the post you are  talking ?

I said to  We want to use revision 18198. Else you may exclude "-r 19198" if you know how to overcome incompatibilities.   :D 

Hey Chris.

Actually no, it was ErmaC's post here. However I don't remember posting it here... Maybe it got moved from the other thread. Anyway, that's not important. What's important is that there should probably be a "cd Clover" there, so that you can run ebuild.sh from there. Otherwise you're still under edk2 folder, because you previously did "cd .." and there is no ebuild.sh there.

Not a big thing. And most people will probably be able to figure that out by themselves. But yeah, just saying. :)

Hey Chris.

Actually no, it was ErmaC's post here. However I don't remember posting it here... Maybe it got moved from the other thread. Anyway, that's not important. What's important is that there should probably be a "cd Clover" there, so that you can run ebuild.sh from there. Otherwise you're still under edk2 folder, because you previously did "cd .."

Not a big thing. And most people will probably be able to figure that out by themselves. But yeah, just saying. :)

See Edited by Slice 26 August 2015 

See Edited by Slice 26 August 2015 

I did... I'm not sure I got that part. Does that mean that you should not run ebuild.sh from Clover directory anymore? Cause otherwise, I don't see how these are related. I guess I'm just slow today. :))