Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

It is OK to boot and have almost working system. Without iCloud, iMessage and Startup Disk.

Everything that uses nvram right?

man..but because use you csmvideo? dont have good resolution in GUI clover?

About yor problem ...i thing that your DSDT dont have good fix for shoutdown

I don't know about CsmVideo, should I remove it?

For DSDT I have patched shutdown fix from rehabman..

I had shutdown fail,restart instead problem when I stop using DSDT.aml,I think it's fix shutdown problem before,today I find disable HaltEnabler can fix this problem.Though someone say it affect sleep and wakeup,it doesn't affect mine.

Find out it's relate to GPU,maybe inject NVIDIA cause this problem.Use DSDT to avoid this problem.

Also I have create 10.10.1 with this method last clover "see" installer partition successful,but I create 10.10.3 with this method last clover "see" installer partition fail,how clover determine the partition have OS X installer file?

It's been a while since I messed with OS X, so I was wondering if there has been any improved support for certain Haswells like the G3258. AFAIK you need to use a fake CPUID parameter for it to work, along with some SSDT strings and whatnot. Do we still need to do so with the latest Clover revisions?

Everything that uses nvram right?

Yes

I don't know about CsmVideo, should I remove it?

Not influence on system. Only on GUI.

It's been a while since I messed with OS X, so I was wondering if there has been any improved support for certain Haswells like the G3258. AFAIK you need to use a fake CPUID parameter for it to work, along with some SSDT strings and whatnot. Do we still need to do so with the latest Clover revisions?

Fake CPUID is needed for system, not for Clover. Clover can do this.

@Slice

-smartUPS = true is working? I have UPS installed = NO with Mav/Yos MacMini/MacPro.

-CustomLogo not work with El Capitan

@Slice+All

-Bios settings, (I have AsRock and Gigabyte) is better with C State Support Enabled/Auto/Disabled? Ivy Bridge and Haswell

Thanks

@Slice

-smartUPS = true is working? I have UPS installed = NO with Mav/Yos MacMini/MacPro.

-CustomLogo not work with El Capitan

@Slice+All

-Bios settings, (I have AsRock and Gigabyte) is better with C State Support Enabled/Auto/Disabled? Ivy Bridge and Haswell

Thanks

smartUPS is not needed at all. It was cosmetic for MacPro model.

CustomLogo? We may live without it.

C States? It is very far from real problems. Working or not you can use the system.

Slice do you have anymore insight on my problem?

You have some problem elsewhere, not here.

• Like 1

If I boot EI Capitan HD from USB installer, boot screen (OS selection and apple logo with progress bar) is fine, but when I boot from HD, it is stretched horizontally, after boot login screen is fine in both options. Even replacing HD EFI with USB EFI doesn't change it, anyone can help with this?

C States? It is very far from real problems. Working or not you can use the system.

I have always found just enabling the c-states in the BIOS will work with no problems I usually always see the voltage/multiplier change like it should in hardware monitor. Now some boards in my nearly seven-eight years of doing this have needed an SSDT for better high end performance but that is hit and miss I usually run without these enabled for the most part, it has worked fine all this time. DSDT with modifications that is different it can solve lots of problems so I usually never run without one of them.

I have always found just enabling the c-states in the BIOS will work with no problems I usually always see the voltage/multiplier change like it should in hardware monitor. Now some boards in my nearly seven-eight years of doing this have needed an SSDT for better high end performance but that is hit and miss I usually run without these enabled for the most part, it has worked fine all this time. DSDT with modifications that is different it can solve lots of problems so I usually never run without one of them.

As you probably know c-states have no relations to multipliers. They effect idle CPU state and so can't be exposed be HWMonitor. It can't run if CPU idle.

As you probably know c-states have no relations to multipliers. They effect idle CPU state and so can't be exposed be HWMonitor. It can't run if CPU idle.

Oh yeah just mentioned what I see in the monitor when doing it my way, people should not get so hung up these thing if you can look at the machine and the temperatures/performance are fine without the extras they think they have to have installed your good to go. Can save you a lot of time stressing and worrying about things that will eventually make no differences to the working of the machine/install in the long run. That said I do plenty of testing on new build to try to get as close to mac as possible but eventually you get to the point where perfection is the enemy of good enough as the old saying goes and it is time to give up on changes...

Oh yeah just mentioned what I see in the monitor when doing it my way, people should not get so hung up these thing if you can look at the machine and the temperatures/performance are fine without the extras they think they have to have installed your good to go. Can save you a lot of time stressing and worrying about things that will eventually make no differences to the working of the machine/install in the long run. That said I do plenty of testing on new build to try to get as close to mac as possible but eventually you get to the point where perfection is the enemy of good enough as the old saying goes and it is time to give up on changes...

The progress is not stopped.

You just have to recognize what you want and what is reality.

It's still happenning... with or without emuvariable

you, I don't listen, I said delete  emuvariable and try if you still have problems ... I have to figure out if it's working fine with aptiofix2, OK?

You have some problem elsewhere, not here.

Sergey, I don't understand why he is not listening to me, perhaps afraid to try? I told him that I had the same problem on Asus, and I solved the problem with aptiofix2, if you don't listen to me I can't help ... did not trust me?

I speak of course of the user
vandebergz

The progress is not stopped.

You just have to recognize what you want and what is reality.

Indeed but I see way too many people on here going on about cosmetic things like the boot screen for instance, personally I never boot with the stupid screen I boot -v at all times I like to see what is happening in the boot process so I know where it went wrong if it did. More than a few think somehow they are going to get everything working most times that is never going to happen and sometimes spending that extra $10-20 bucks on for example a USB sound card is the way to go to get it done and working.

Edit: And that -v applies even on my Macs I have I am just anal like that I guess either that or too many years of using Linux I absolutely hate the way an Ubuntu machine starts with that splash screen that tells you nothing.

Is it possible normal to disable inject nvidia,because I find that say disable inject nvidia fix 99% restart instead of shutdown,though using DSDT.aml can fix this problem.I also find almost any video card need inject even R9 280X.

10.11 DP1 usb installer said my USB interrupted when use verbose mode,then it said still wait for root device,though I have AHCI enable,is it possible to be fixed?

Is it possible normal to disable inject nvidia,because I find that say disable inject nvidia fix 99% restart instead of shutdown,though using DSDT.aml can fix this problem.I also find almost any video card need inject even R9 280X.

10.11 DP1 usb installer said my USB interrupted when use verbose mode,then it said still wait for root device,though I have AHCI enable,is it possible to be fixed?

Inject NVidia set true by default for old card and false for new card. About Radeons you can tell me nothing new.

About USB interrupts it may be wrong DSDT, for example absence of HPET patch. 

Same about SATA.

you, I don't listen, I said delete  emuvariable and try if you still have problems ... I have to figure out if it's working fine with aptiofix2, OK?

Sergey, I don't understand why he is not listening to me, perhaps afraid to try? I told him that I had the same problem on Asus, and I solved the problem with aptiofix2, if you don't listen to me I can't help ... did not trust me?

I speak of course of the user
vandebergz

Sorry magnifico. What I meant is booting with emuvariable, or without emuvariable (after deleting it from EFI), the result is the same.

For the AptioFix2 I did that too, when you asked me to rename it to AptioFix

Sorry magnifico. What I meant is booting with emuvariable, or without emuvariable (after deleting it from EFI), the result is the same.

For the AptioFix2 I did that too, when you asked me to rename it to AptioFix

ok can you try clover to legacy mode?

Inject NVidia set true by default for old card and false for new card. About Radeons you can tell me nothing new.

About USB interrupts it may be wrong DSDT, for example absence of HPET patch. 

Same about SATA.

I have tried this HPET patch(need set FixHPET_0010 to false to affect),inject or disable inject usb,use or not use DSDT,put fakesmc.kext in 10.11 or other folder.Still Apple Usb Host Port interrupt Occurred enumeration failed retrying enumeration in 50ms,then still wait for root device.And I find if I don't format USB Flash Drive all to one partition I always get create usb installer fail.I install clover to ESP,it always install to installer Partition that include Install OS X 10.11 Developer Beta.app,is this normal?before I always see clover EFI folder in ESP