GPT fdisk (gdisk) version 0.8.10

Warning: Devices opened with shared lock will not have their
partition table automatically reloaded!
Partition table scan:
  MBR: hybrid
  BSD: not present
  APM: not present
  GPT: present

Found valid GPT with hybrid MBR; using GPT.

sudo gdisk /dev/disk1

Partition table scan:

After removed hybrid MBR

sudo gdisk /dev/disk0

Partition table scan:
  MBR: protective

Found valid GPT with protective MBR; using GPT.

sudo gdisk /dev/disk1

Partition table scan:

Can't find bootmgfw.efi in install.wim,so I download it from http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-make-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-to-install-windows-8/

Without remove USB HybridMBR,boot to USB Clover,select bootmgfw.efi,get this

attachicon.gifIMG_20150220_011416.jpg

Rremove USB HybridMBR,computer stuck at BIOS splash.Seems like computer cannot accept Pure GPT USB.

Use Rremoved SSD HybridMBR Clover to install USB WIN81.Said driver cannot find.Seems like SSD and USB EFI file cannot access.

Cannot install Windows 8 UEFI with Clover

for locating bootmgfw.efi open install.wim with 7-zip and navigate to Windows\Boot\EFI\ bootmgfw.efi ...

now for this error attachicon.gif IMG_20150220_011416.jpg

download Rufus  and set to GPT for UEFI Computer , FileSystem=NTFS  see screenshot post-1425204-0-19682700-1424376397_thumb.png

now copy  bootmgfw.efi to efi\microsoft\boot and rename cdboot.efi to cdboot.BAK

try to boot with bootmgfw.efi using Clover EFI , i have successfully installed this ..

Good luck :)

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply,here is output:

diskutil list

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *128.0 GB disk0

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1

2: Apple_HFS Taylor Swift 80.0 GB disk0s2

3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3

4: Microsoft Basic Data WIN8 47.2 GB disk0s4

/dev/disk1

0: GUID_partition_scheme *32.0 GB disk1

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1

2: Apple_HFS Install OS X Yosemite 6.0 GB disk1s2

3: Microsoft Basic Data WIN81 6.0 GB disk1s3

4: Microsoft Basic Data TEMP 19.7 GB disk1s4

/dev/disk2

0: FDisk_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk2

1: Windows_NTFS Windows7 53.7 GB disk2s1

2: Apple_HFS Games 429.5 GB disk2s2

3: Apple_HFS Downloads 429.5 GB disk2s3

4: Windows_NTFS WindowsSoftware 87.5 GB disk2s4

sudo gdisk /dev/disk0

Password:

Partition table scan:

sudo gdisk /dev/disk1

Partition table scan:

After removed hybrid MBR

sudo gdisk /dev/disk0

Partition table scan:

sudo gdisk /dev/disk1

Partition table scan:

Can't find bootmgfw.efi in install.wim,so I download it from http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-make-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-to-install-windows-8/

Without remove USB HybridMBR,boot to USB Clover,select bootmgfw.efi,get this

attachicon.gifIMG_20150220_011416.jpg

Rremove USB HybridMBR,computer stuck at BIOS splash.Seems like computer cannot accept Pure GPT USB.

Use Rremoved SSD HybridMBR Clover to install USB WIN81.Said driver cannot find.Seems like SSD and USB EFI file cannot access.

Cannot install Windows 8 UEFI with Clover

The error might be due to the fact that the Windows installer is detecting other drives/windows installations and wants to do a startup repair.  When installing Windows, it is good practice to temporarily disconnect all the hard drives except the target hard drive you want to install on eg in your case, if you want to install on disk0, disconnect disk1&2 leaving only disk0 and your UEFI Windows installer plugged in.

Re extracting bootmgfw.efi: Use 7-zip in Windows, open install.wim navigate to sources/install.wim/1/Windows/Boot/EFI/bootmgfw.efi and extract bootmgfw.efi.  Place in the /efi/microsoft/boot folder of your UEFI Windows USB (& rename cdboot.efi to cdboot.BAK as described in post#6).

Some legacy BIOSes won't boot from a pure GPT USB (not a problem for Clover booting of pure GPT hard drive though).  If this is the case with your system, you can either remake the USB installer with MBR instead of GPT or boot Clover installed on hard disk 0 to start bootmgfw.efi on the UEFI Windows installer.

• Like 1

Yes, it is using dynamic relocation from low to high addresses.

You can't edit efi file. It is binary executable. You may edit sources and compile by yourself.

Garbage I forgot to clean.

1. I have installed CloverGrower, but am not sure how to compile the edit that I have made. Do I place my file in the edk2/Clover/OsxLowMemFixDrv folder and then run CloverGrower.command again, or how do I compile just this one .c file?

2. When attempting to build the .pkg using CloverGrower for the first time I receive the following error:  (new error below, previous error bypassed)

Architecture(s)  = IA32
Build target     = RELEASE
Toolchain        = GCC49

Active Platform          = /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.dsc
Flash Image Definition   = /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.fdf

Processing meta-data ....... done!
Building ... /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [IA32]
Building ... /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull.inf [IA32]
Building ... /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib.inf [IA32]
"gcc" -g -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-array-bounds -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c -include AutoGen.h -DSTRING_ARRAY_NAME=BasePcdLibNullStrings -m32 -malign-double -fno-stack-protector -D EFI32 -Wno-address -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Os -DMDEPKG_NDEBUG -DCLOVER_BUILD     -DAMD_SUPPORT     -o /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull/OUTPUT/./PcdLib.obj -I/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull -I/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull/DEBUG -I/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg -I/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Include -I/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Include/Ia32 /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/PcdLib.c
"ar" -cr /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull/OUTPUT/BasePcdLibNull.lib  @/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull/OUTPUT/object_files.lst
Building ... /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf [IA32]
ar: @/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull/OUTPUT/object_files.lst: No such file or directory
make: *** [/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull/OUTPUT/BasePcdLibNull.lib] Error 1
"gcc" -g -fshort-wchar -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-array-bounds -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c -include AutoGen.h -DSTRING_ARRAY_NAME=BaseDebugLibNullStrings -m32 -malign-double -fno-stack-protector -D EFI32 -Wno-address -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Os -DMDEPKG_NDEBUG -DCLOVER_BUILD     -DAMD_SUPPORT     -o /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull/OUTPUT/./DebugLib.obj -I/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull -I/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull/DEBUG -I/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg -I/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Include -I/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Include/Ia32 /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/DebugLib.c

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [IA32, GCC49, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 20:00:38, Feb.19 2015
Build total time: 00:00:12

CloverGrower V6.26 Cloveria32_r3185 RELEASE  ERROR!!
Good Evening.  

1. I have installed CloverGrower, but am not sure how to compile the edit that I have made. Do I place my file in the edk2/Clover/OsxLowMemFixDrv folder and then run CloverGrower.command again, or how do I compile just this one .c file?

2. When attempting to build the .pkg using CloverGrower for the first time I receive the following error:  (new error below, previous error bypassed)

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/MacPro/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [IA32, GCC49, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 20:00:38, Feb.19 2015
Build total time: 00:00:12

CloverGrower V6.26 Cloveria32_r3185 RELEASE  ERROR!!
Good Evening.  

Good morning!

I am not sure if CloverGrower was follow recent Clover changes. It is not my affair.

I proposed other way             #14            

Hello guys!

I've been running Clover for a while and I love it a lot. The development team did a great job so far! I have a few questions, I hope you can answer some of them:

My laptop has no official support for UEFI, however someone managed in unlocking it and it now (mostly) works. There is an issue: if the BIOS is unlocked to support UEFI, Clover installed for UEFI and Windows is installed in UEFI-mode, the sound is not working (but if it were to be installed in legacy-mode, it would run with no problems). This is a BIOS problem, however fixing it would require reverse engineering a huge part of the BIOS so I was thinking that Clover might be able to fix this with a custom patch. Do you think this is possible? 

Sometimes when I press random keys at startup, a gray screen appears with a few options ("Continue", "Select language", "Boot manager", etc.). What is it? Can I disable it?

Thank you very much!

Does someone know what happened to projectosx?

There was a lot of content for clover. Even if the site may not come back, maybe someone have backups or could post some things here? For example I need some of dmazars posts for aptiofix and how to calculate right slide values.

I would also love to see the content included here somehow if that is possible. 

I like the changelog topic at projectosx. With that information I always knew if a new clover version was 'worth' testing...

I'm trying to find a way to use Clover to prevent AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext from loading because this kext triggers the system freeze when you open a HD movie prevue in the iTunes Store while using Intel HD4600 onboard graphics. With this kext removed iTunes still hangs when you open a HD movie prevue, but the OS isn't affected at all.

Patching the kext's Info.plist directly works. Changing:

<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOFramebuffer</string> 

to

<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOFrameXXXXXX</string> 

prevents AppleUpstreamUserClient from binding to the framebuffer so that it is unloaded. Problem solved, but I want to find a way to let Clover perform the patch so that it survives an OS X update. Removing the kext completely works too, but this has to be done manually too.

First I tried to use a Info.plist patch but as it isn't in the kernel cache, the patch won't be executed. Forcing it to load so that the patch is executed doesn't help. Although the kext gets loaded and the patch is executed (I verified it using the debug mode), this doesn't seem to have any effect. The kext still loads. Looks like the patched version in the cache isn't used anyway.

Is there any way to use Clover to remove a kext from /S/L/E or would it be possible for the developers to add it?

Mieze

A feature request :

USB Mouse support in clover , as it would help people who dualboots too choose os incase they use a bluetooth keyboard like I do :)

I would do it myself if someone could point me too where I can find some docs :)

for locating bootmgfw.efi open install.wim with 7-zip and navigate to Windows\Boot\EFI\ bootmgfw.efi ...

now for this error attachicon.gif IMG_20150220_011416.jpg

download Rufus  and set to GPT for UEFI Computer , FileSystem=NTFS  see screenshot attachicon.gifScreenshot (1).png

now copy  bootmgfw.efi to efi\microsoft\boot and rename cdboot.efi to cdboot.BAK

try to boot with bootmgfw.efi using Clover EFI , i have successfully installed this ..

Good luck :)

The error might be due to the fact that the Windows installer is detecting other drives/windows installations and wants to do a startup repair.  When installing Windows, it is good practice to temporarily disconnect all the hard drives except the target hard drive you want to install on eg in your case, if you want to install on disk0, disconnect disk1&2 leaving only disk0 and your UEFI Windows installer plugged in.

Re extracting bootmgfw.efi: Use 7-zip in Windows, open install.wim navigate to sources/install.wim/1/Windows/Boot/EFI/bootmgfw.efi and extract bootmgfw.efi.  Place in the /efi/microsoft/boot folder of your UEFI Windows USB (& rename cdboot.efi to cdboot.BAK as described in post#6).

Some legacy BIOSes won't boot from a pure GPT USB (not a problem for Clover booting of pure GPT hard drive though).  If this is the case with your system, you can either remake the USB installer with MBR instead of GPT or boot Clover installed on hard disk 0 to start bootmgfw.efi on the UEFI Windows installer.

Seems like my computer is not Microsoft friendly,Windows 7 wake up from sleep,system stuck and slow,change windows 7 hdd to SATA port 1 problem solved,GDisk convert Hybrid MBR to GPT,I cannot convert  back,I'm very regret to use Windows 98 ME 2000 XP 7 8 8.1 10 and Xbox 360 Controller and Sidewinder mouse.

@maleorderbride

You paste toooo much information. My browser hangs and I can't see all.

OK, here is the last few commands instead of all of it:

Finished building BaseTools C Tools with ARCH=X64
bash-3.2# cd Clover
bash-3.2# ./buildgettext.sh

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 16.8M  100 16.8M    0     0  4137k      0  0:00:04  0:00:04 --:--:-- 4138k
- Creating new RAM disk

Initialized /dev/rdisk3 as a 300 MB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume
-  gettext-latest extract...
-  gettext-latest configure...
-  gettext-latest make...
-  gettext-latest installing...
-  gettext-latest installed in /Users/MacPro/src/opt/local

- Ejecting RAM disk
"disk3" unmounted.
"disk3" ejected.
bash-3.2# ./buildgcc-4.9.sh
- Building GCC toolchain for x64
  Running on Mac OS X 10.10, with x86_64 architecture.
  Using Xcode SDK: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk
100 2265k  100 2265k    0     0   815k      0  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:--  815k
100 1196k  100 1196k    0     0   490k      0  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:--  490k
100  618k  100  618k    0     0   268k      0  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:--  268k
100 1367k  100 1367k    0     0  1392k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1392k
100 3766k  100 3766k    0     0  2313k      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:-- 2313k
100 22.9M  100 22.9M    0     0  3369k      0  0:00:06  0:00:06 --:--:-- 4686k
100 85.7M    0 85.7M    0     0   120k      0 --:--:--  0:12:08 --:--:-- 96235
- Creating new RAM disk
Initialized /dev/rdisk3 as a 2 GB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume

- gmp-6.0.0a extracting...
- gmp-6.0.0a extracted
- gmp-6.0.0a configure...
- gmp-6.0.0a make...
- gmp-6.0.0a installed in /Users/MacPro/src/opt/local
- mpfr-3.1.2 extracting...
- mpfr-3.1.2 extracted
- mpfr-3.1.2 configure...
- mpfr-3.1.2 make...
- mpfr-3.1.2 installed in /Users/MacPro/src/opt/local
- mpc-1.0.2 extracting...
- mpc-1.0.2 extracted
- mpc-1.0.2 configure...
- mpc-1.0.2 make...
- mpc-1.0.2 installed in /Users/MacPro/src/opt/local
- isl-0.14 extracting...
- isl-0.14 extracted
- isl-0.14 configure...
- isl-0.14 make...
- isl-0.14 installed in /Users/MacPro/src/opt/local
- cloog-0.18.1 extracting...
- cloog-0.18.1 extracted
- cloog-0.18.1 configure...
- isl-0.14 reconfigure...
- isl-0.14 make...
- cloog-0.18.1 make...
- cloog-0.18.1 installed in /Users/MacPro/src/opt/local
- gcc-4.9.2 extracting...
- gcc-4.9.2 extracted
- gcc-4.9.2 (native) configure...
Error configuring GCC-4.9.2 ! Check the log /Users/MacPro/src/tools/logs/gcc-native.x64.configure.log.txt

- Ejecting RAM disk
"disk3" unmounted.
"disk3" ejected.
bash-3.2# cd .. 
bash-3.2# ./edksetup.sh
WORKSPACE: /Users/MacPro/src/edk2
EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/BaseTools
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/build_rule.template
     to $WORKSPACE/Conf/build_rule.txt
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/tools_def.template
     to $WORKSPACE/Conf/tools_def.txt
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/target.template
     to $WORKSPACE/Conf/target.txt
bash-3.2# cp -R Clover/Patches_for_EDK2/* ./
bash-3.2# ./ebuild.sh --low-ebda
bash: ./ebuild.sh: No such file or directory
bash-3.2# 
  • Like 1

First of all Thanks to Slice and Clover Team for a such powerfull bootloader ..

i was suffering from sleep wake issue from Chameleon and Clover was new , tried all SSDT ,DSDT , Kext Patches etc  but not successfull but now i'm with Yosemite 10.10.2 having a second generation Sandy CPU and H61 Mobo of Gigabyte ..now i noticed it worked automatically without any efforts just need to add DSDT Patches on fly ..it started working perfectly and awesomely ..changes have noticed from Clover r3168 to 3185 

Thank you very much 

PS: i don't know where to write doing here ..

Finished building BaseTools C Tools with ARCH=X64
bash-3.2# cd Clover
bash-3.2# ./buildgettext.sh

100 16.8M  100 16.8M    0     0  4137k      0  0:00:04  0:00:04 --:--:-- 4138k
- Creating new RAM disk

Initialized /dev/rdisk3 as a 300 MB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume
-  gettext-latest extract...
-  gettext-latest configure...
-  gettext-latest make...
-  gettext-latest installing...
-  gettext-latest installed in /Users/MacPro/src/opt/local

- Ejecting RAM disk
"disk3" unmounted.
"disk3" ejected.
bash-3.2# ./buildgcc-4.9.sh
  Using Xcode SDK: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk
100 2265k  100 2265k    0     0   815k      0  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:--  815k
100 1196k  100 1196k    0     0   490k      0  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:--  490k
100  618k  100  618k    0     0   268k      0  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:--  268k
100 1367k  100 1367k    0     0  1392k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1392k
100 3766k  100 3766k    0     0  2313k      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:-- 2313k
100 22.9M  100 22.9M    0     0  3369k      0  0:00:06  0:00:06 --:--:-- 4686k
100 85.7M    0 85.7M    0     0   120k      0 --:--:--  0:12:08 --:--:-- 96235
- Creating new RAM disk
Initialized /dev/rdisk3 as a 2 GB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume

- gmp-6.0.0a extracted
- gmp-6.0.0a make...
- gmp-6.0.0a installed in /Users/MacPro/src/opt/local
- mpfr-3.1.2 extracted
- mpfr-3.1.2 make...
- mpfr-3.1.2 installed in /Users/MacPro/src/opt/local
- mpc-1.0.2 extracted
- mpc-1.0.2 configure...
- mpc-1.0.2 make...
- mpc-1.0.2 installed in /Users/MacPro/src/opt/local
- isl-0.14 extracting...
- isl-0.14 extracted
- isl-0.14 configure...
- isl-0.14 make...
- isl-0.14 installed in /Users/MacPro/src/opt/local
- cloog-0.18.1 extracted
- isl-0.14 make...
- cloog-0.18.1 make...
- gcc-4.9.2 extracted
Error configuring GCC-4.9.2 ! Check the log /Users/MacPro/src/tools/logs/gcc-native.x64.configure.log.txt

- Ejecting RAM disk
"disk3" unmounted.
"disk3" ejected.
bash-3.2# cd .. 
bash-3.2# ./edksetup.sh
WORKSPACE: /Users/MacPro/src/edk2
EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /Users/MacPro/src/edk2/BaseTools
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/build_rule.template
     to $WORKSPACE/Conf/build_rule.txt
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/tools_def.template
     to $WORKSPACE/Conf/tools_def.txt
Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/target.template
     to $WORKSPACE/Conf/target.txt
bash-3.2# cp -R Clover/Patches_for_EDK2/* ./
bash-3.2# ./ebuild.sh --low-ebda
bash-3.2# 

Two mistakes

it will be better if you upload those log.

Man, this error means the file is not found in the current folder. What is your current folder? I think it is edk2 as previous command work.

You must do

cd Clover
PS. I deleted your dangerous post for other people may read the thread.

Maybe this is a feature request, or it would be OK if anyone knows any other way to do this.

For some of Nvidia cards, like Geforce GTX 460M, 560M..., after OSX 10.9.3, we need patch /S*/L*/E*/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/C*/P*/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/C*/Info.plist to add these two lines, or we will get blackscreen:

<key>Mac-942459F5819B171B</key>
<string>none</string>

Anyway Clover can make this happen automatically? the Clover info.plist patching does not work for this. Wondering if there is a way to enable this automatically so we can have a vanilla working install.

- gcc-4.9.2 extracted

You could have stopped there. Read that file.

I got this error too while running buildgcc-4.9.sh today. I don't have the logs anymore, but it's this sequence

- cloog-0.18.1 extracted
- isl-0.14 make...
- cloog-0.18.1 make...
- gcc-4.9.2 extracted

For some reason, after running cloog configure, it reruns isl configure instead of directly running cloog make. Looking at buildgcc-4.9.sh, that's not what should happen, and I can't figure out why it's happening. Anyway, the make command for cloog does not get run, the cloog.x64.make... log file is empty. Then later, gcc configure can't find cloog (because it wasn't make-d and make-installed), and its configure fails trying to find cloog.

I ended up building and installing cloog manually. So I don't know what's wrong with the build script.

it will be better if you upload those log.

I got this error too while running buildgcc-4.9.sh today. I don't have the logs anymore, but it's this sequence

- cloog-0.18.1 extracted
- isl-0.14 make...
- cloog-0.18.1 make...
- gcc-4.9.2 extracted

For some reason, after running cloog configure, it reruns isl configure instead of directly running cloog make. Looking at buildgcc-4.9.sh, that's not what should happen, and I can't figure out why it's happening. Anyway, the make command for cloog does not get run, the cloog.x64.make... log file is empty. Then later, gcc configure can't find cloog (because it wasn't make-d and make-installed), and its configure fails trying to find cloog.

I ended up building and installing cloog manually. So I don't know what's wrong with the build script.

isl version changed from 0.12.2 when it worked to 0.14 with the problem.

Test, please,

./buildgcc4.9.sh line 37

export ISL_VERSION=${ISL_VERSION:-isl-0.14}

change to …-0.12.2

Test, please,

./buildgcc4.9.sh line 37

change to …-0.12.2

I re-ran ./buildgcc4.9.sh and got past the error, but still have a problem with:

bash-3.2# ./ebuild.sh --low-ebda -mc

TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/MacPro/src/opt/local

Unrecognized option `--low-ebda'

Looking at the ebuild.sh, there is no --low-eba as an option any more.

./ebuild.sh -x64 does not seem to hit any errors, but I cannot do either of the --low-eba steps.

Attempting to make the package succeeds though. Good enough?

How can I now include my version of OsxLowMemFixDrv.c to be compiled instead of the stock version?

eidt: nm, just replacing the version in edk2/Clover/OsxLowMemFixDrv/

Thanks Slice! :)

Test, please,

./buildgcc4.9.sh line 37

change to …-0.12.2

Thanks! So everything is compiled.

IMac122:Clover droplets$ ./buildgcc-4.9.sh -x64 -all
- Creating new RAM disk
Initialized /dev/rdisk2 as a 2 GB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume
- gmp-6.0.0a extracted
- gmp-6.0.0a make...
- gmp-6.0.0a installed in /Users/droplets/src/opt/local
- mpfr-3.1.2 extracted
- mpfr-3.1.2 make...
- mpfr-3.1.2 installed in /Users/droplets/src/opt/local
- mpc-1.0.2 extracted
- mpc-1.0.2 configure...
- mpc-1.0.2 make...
- mpc-1.0.2 installed in /Users/droplets/src/opt/local
- isl-0.12.2 extracting...
- isl-0.12.2 extracted
- isl-0.12.2 configure...
- isl-0.12.2 make...
- isl-0.12.2 installed in /Users/droplets/src/opt/local
- cloog-0.18.1 extracted
- isl-0.12.2 reconfigure...
- isl-0.12.2 make...
- cloog-0.18.1 make...
- cloog-0.18.1 installed in /Users/droplets/src/opt/local
- gcc-4.9.2 extracted
- gcc-4.9.2 (native) make...
- gcc-4.9.2 (native) installing...
- Copying headers and library files...
- gcc-4.9.2 installed in /Users/droplets/src/opt/local
- binutils-2.25 extracting...
- binutils-2.25 extracted
- binutils-2.25 configure...
- binutils-2.25 make...
- binutils-2.25 installed in /Users/droplets/src/opt/local/cross
- gcc-4.9.2 configure...
- gcc-4.9.2 make...
- gcc-4.9.2 installed in /Users/droplets/src/opt/local/cross
* GCC toolchain Build process took 10m32s to complete...
- Ejecting RAM disk
"disk2" unmounted.
"disk2" ejected.

@mieze 

There is a way to block a kext from starting. - besides kext patching which as you said means you must load it first edit it if only to make it not load!

The GUI Options menu allows one to enter a kext name to block it from starting. I don't know how to do this from the config.plist. It would be handy. 

Test, please,

./buildgcc4.9.sh line 37

change to …-0.12.2

hello Slice

i compile 3185 with 0.14 without problems

thanks