Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

@jamiethemorris

perhaps your disk is now using a logical volume instead of physical partitions? yosemite likes to do this - i convert your main disk into a single logical partition. if this is the case you can revert to a regular volume without risk by running this assuming you can boot up?!

sudo diskutil corestorage revert /

or replace / with the name of the volume to revert.

This is usually caused by a motherboard bug where one of the USB controllers has PME enabled, and generates PME during transition to S5 (soft-off), which causes the system to reboot.  What OS and device driver are you using that causes this behavior?  Workaround is for device driver to disable PME before shutdown.  It's got nothing to do with Clover.

I got another problem,I plug in usb storage like usb flash drive or mp3 player,computer cannot shutdown,instead of,it restart,when I unplug it,problem solved,how to fix this problem with clover when I don't need unplug the usb storage?

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, what exactly does XhciDxe do?

I briefly hackintoshed a Samsung laptop here a while back and had to use GenericUSBXHCI to handle the muxing as without it I had no USB ports at all. I would have preferred to fix it in DSDT but none of the patches matched what I had. Would XhciDxe have done this?

Out of curiosity, what exactly does XhciDxe do?

Yeah, I am also curious about this. Will it "only" enable booting from USB3 (which would be nice in itself of course) or will it help with (shaky) OS X USB3?

XhciDxe is USB3 driver for Clover.. to enable reading filesystems on USB3-connected disks.

XhciDxe turns USB legacy off, and also for Intel xhci - handles the port multiplexing - changing highspeed ports to xhci and enabling superspeed ports.

So XhciDxe can help as a precursor to AppleUSBXHCI on some hardware...

This is starting r3152.  Earlier code didn't do the legacy right, or the port-muxing.

It is not equipped with too many quirks so may not work on all xhci controllers.  I know it to work on VLC, Intel and Renesas.

• Like 3

Can try it out "safely" like this...

From Clover menu start EFI shell.

load fsX:\efi\clover\drivers-off\drivers64\xhcidxe-64.efi

Where X is Clover filesystem.

If it doesn't hang...

map -r

to rescan disks

then try find USB3 filesystems with 'ls fsY:\' unless you can recognize which ones they are from the EFI device path (it's one of the USB(,)).

May also need to load filesystem drivers like ext4, ntfs, etc.

If it hangs, reset button.

I

@jamiethemorris

perhaps your disk is now using a logical volume instead of physical partitions? yosemite likes to do this - i convert your main disk into a single logical partition. if this is the case you can revert to a regular volume without risk by running this assuming you can boot up?!

sudo diskutil corestorage revert /
or replace / with the name of the volume to revert.
Actually it's a fusion drive so i was already a logical volume.

After doing a bit of research it's got something to do with the web drivers I think. I was using them fine through a few reboots though. I tried nv_disable=1 and all the usual stuff of course. I even deleted all the nvidia kexts and unplugged my nvidia card. Still no luck. I might have forgot to delete the kernel cache though so I'll check that later...

I deleted the kext caches, still getting the same "requested memory exceeds our allocation block" error. All the nvidia kexts have been removed from sle.

Edit: also I just tried the Yosemite drive I had been using for testing, it works fine and it also has the same web drivers installed.

i have upgraded to 10.10.2 on my laptop and everything seems ok. but seeing this in the log every 30 seconds.

anybody else seeing this and/or what to do about it?!  DSDT fixes might be needed?

shows up when the laptop is plugged in. if i remove the battery it still does it? thanks.

Jan 28 18:44:20 Toms-Mac.local powerd[29]: Failed to read current rating(0xe00002f0)

Jan 28 18:44:50 Toms-Mac.local powerd[29]: Failed to read current rating(0xe00002f0)

Jan 28 18:45:20 Toms-Mac.local powerd[29]: Failed to read current rating(0xe00002f0)

I have the same problem on my HP dv6-2160sv laptop. Even with battery removed. Stops only when power is unpluged. Propably it is dsdt error. Any suggestin to fix that?

Thanks

This is usually caused by a motherboard bug where one of the USB controllers has PME enabled, and generates PME during transition to S5 (soft-off), which causes the system to reboot.  What OS and device driver are you using that causes this behavior?  Workaround is for device driver to disable PME before shutdown.  It's got nothing to do with Clover.

Thank you for your advise,I have tried change front panel usb jack,turn off overlock,and several shutdown no luck,and I let clover use DSDT problem solved,seems a DSDT problem,also should be a motherboard problem.

Since clovers r3128 update the info.plist patch gives me a kernel panic, r3113 no issues

here is my plist

<dict>
				<key>Find</key>
				<string>pci14e4,16bc</string>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleSDXC</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<string>pci1217,8221</string>

what i'm doing wrong ?, also tried with hex code 0x14e416bc 

With r3156 no more panic, but the patch is not working

I see this error:

Info.plist patch[ERROR] bin2hex 'pci14e4,16bc' syntax error

[ERROR] bin2hex 'pci1217,8221' syntax error

XhciDxe is USB3 driver for Clover.. to enable reading filesystems on USB3-connected disks.

XhciDxe turns USB legacy off, and also for Intel xhci - handles the port multiplexing - changing highspeed ports to xhci and enabling superspeed ports.

So XhciDxe can help as a precursor to AppleUSBXHCI on some hardware...

This is starting r3152.  Earlier code didn't do the legacy right, or the port-muxing.

It is not equipped with too many quirks so may not work on all xhci controllers.  I know it to work on VLC, Intel and Renesas.

I gave it a try a few days ago with 3153 but realised that XhciDxe isn't an option for UEFI booting. I tried adding it to the drivers64uefi folder anyway but I still had to add GenericUSBXHCI to get working USB ports. I'll just have to figure out how to fix the multiplexing via DSDT sometime.

• Like 1

One solution is to add config.plist entry USB -> FixIntelPortMuxing, similar to FixOwnership that would do the code in XhcIntelQuirks() from XhciDxe.

That way you could get the port muxing via config.plist w/o dsdt patch and w/o XhciDxe.

I gave it a try a few days ago with 3153 but realised that XhciDxe isn't an option for UEFI booting. I tried adding it to the drivers64uefi folder anyway but I still had to add GenericUSBXHCI to get working USB ports. I'll just have to figure out how to fix the multiplexing via DSDT sometime.

• Like 2

One solution is to add config.plist entry USB -> FixIntelPortMuxing, similar to FixOwnership that would do the code in XhcIntelQuirks() from XhciDxe.

That way you could get the port muxing via config.plist w/o dsdt patch and w/o XhciDxe.

Thanks, I'll try this out. This must be a new option as there's no mention of it in the Clover wiki. Is it supported in r3156?