Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

@frankiee

- i have to presume you have the clover scripts installed in /etc/rc.boot.d that is doing the mount of your ESP.

the logic seems pretty straight forward.

1) read NVRAM variable Clover.MountEFI

2) if it finds anything there, but No then mount ESP

as far as i know, the variable can be set by 1 of 3 ways

1) Clover reads it in the RtVariable section in config.plist 

2a) setting by System Prefs/Clover Panel 

2b) manually adding via nvram command.

# NVRam keys used:

#    Clover.MountEFI: Yes|diskX|GUID|VolName [default No]

mountEFIValue=$(GetNVRamKey 'Clover.MountEFI' || echo 'No')

if [[ "$mountEFIValue" == "No" ]]; then

echo "Not auto mounting EFI partition"

else

mountESP "$mountEFIValue"

[[ $? -ne 0 ]] && rmdir "$ESPMountPoint" &>/dev/null

fi

@frankiee

- i have to presume you have the clover scripts installed in /etc/rc.boot.d that is doing the mount of your ESP.

the logic seems pretty straight forward.

1) read NVRAM variable Clover.MountEFI

2) if it finds anything there but No, then mount ESP

as far as i know, the variable can be set by 1 of 3 ways

1) Clover reads it in the RtVariable section in config.plist 

2a) setting by System Prefs/Clover Panel 

# NVRam keys used:

#    Clover.MountEFI: Yes|diskX|GUID|VolName [default No]

mountEFIValue=$(GetNVRamKey 'Clover.MountEFI' || echo 'No')

if [[ "$mountEFIValue" == "No" ]]; then

echo "Not auto mounting EFI partition"

else

mountESP "$mountEFIValue"

[[ $? -ne 0 ]] && rmdir "$ESPMountPoint" &>/dev/null

fi

Yes, that is the case.

This is exactly what I did.

This is how my NVRAM looks like when issuing nvram -p:

fmm-computer-name	Darkside
Clover.MountEFI	No
prev-lang:kbd	en:0
Clover.KeepBackupLimit	0
SystemAudioVolumeDB	%f0
SystemAudioVolume	A
EmuVariableUefiPresent	Yes
security-mode	none
OsxAptioFixDrv-RelocBase	%00%f0%e7%a1%00%00%00%00
EFIBluetoothDelay	%b8%0b

Just look at the 2nd entry.

But still, Clover mounts my EFI partition after each restart.

Why?

@frankiee - hmm. strange. 

well i would check by this command to see what comes out? 

sudo sh -x /etc/rc.boot.d/20.mount_ESP.local

you could also remove that file and reboot  to make sure that is what is mounting that partition.

Hmm, am I the only one having issues with the 3050 build and it booting with 10.10.1? Half of the time it will have address space overflow issues and the other half FakeSMC (Slice's build) wont load and DSMOS will never arrive. I have tried several complete wipes and re-installs but after a few boots I start getting the address space issues. I may have to roll back to an earlier version and away from Slice's build of FakeSMC since the two seem to be exploding using my motherboard. Just wanted to see if I was the only one.

I would get a dump, but can't get into OS X. Config you can see in my sig and settings are just standard for an Asus Z77 mobo with custom DSDT & modified firmware. (SMBIOS settings for 13,2 iMac, P&C state generation, kext-dev, AppleIntelCPUPM patch, nv_disable, USB Ownership, drop Cpu0Ist & CpuPm.

Can you show how it looks? " address space overflow"

If it happens again (I restored back to 3033 with the RehabMan/Kozlek FakeSMC) I will take a screen cap. However its essentially the same error you get if you don't have an Aptio fix. Aside from that I am still a bit disappointed since I lost the ability to log into iCloud/App Store again (it was fixed in 305x) since it could handle setting all of the IDs correctly, and I am also getting this strange thunderbolt issue where the RAID attached to my Thunderbolt via FW800 adapter keeps freezing up and lagging out the system after a few hours on.

After spending the weekend without OS X on my desktop though I am just happy to get it back to booting though. Starting to think Apple has been doing strange things with 10.10 around release since the DPs and Betas (or 10.9) never did this kind of stuff. (if you want to take a peek I can do a log and config dump for you)

Now just to figure out how to re-add my GRUB2 EFI entry back into my UEFI firmware.... :P

Little update: As usual I had to clear current config to get iCloud and stuff working. For some reason the Intel E1000e kexts don't load and configure themselves during first boot. Hence it wont work on first boot. On the plus side I got everything working with my AirPort & BT add-in card I picked up. The only things I have left are to get Clover working with the linux install (ext2.efi and ext4.efi extensions and then making it pass to a proper uEFI configured Grub 2 install) along with the occasional freeze. Will test sleep and deep sleep latter.

Also since there was some confusion the GRUB 2 is installed and configured properly. Its just the entry is no longer in the uEFI firmware because of a full reset. Think the "add clover entry to firmware" option.

So what I'm I missing?any help?

Clover EFI takes your existing computer, and injects expected data for OS X to boot. DSDT includes stuff like PCI devices, but mostly its just a table of things about your main-board, processor, etc. The USB system, aside from sometimes needing help with enabling more advanced modes for third party chipsets, works out of the box. So if your problem is with a USB webcam your having issues unrelated to UEFI/Clover/DSDT so long as the port is detected by OS X.

OS X hacks should be able to detect and configure legacy mode for USB ports for intel chipset but sometimes needs help for third-party. Try plugging the camera into a port supported directly by the Intel chipset or you could try a third party generic USB kext if its a USB 3.0 port. However there are better places for these problems since its not Clover related.

Can anyone tell me how to completely delete Clover from a drive? Including any files in /user or other invisible places. I installed on a drive by mistake and want to get rid of any trace.

Thanks!

Is it MRB or uEFI only install? The instructions are quite different depending on which one it is. Also did you install it manually or via the installer?

guys, need help with clover config. my laptop specs in my signature.

I am having a strange issue. I am using set of kexts/config which are confirmed to be working on my machine. However it's not the case. When I use exact config, my laptop wouldn't boot and GUI doesn't load. Then I created a config from scratch, which is almost similar, but it works. I checked in clover configurator side by side, the settings are similar! I have written in detail in this thread - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/247741-guide-dell-l701x-xps-17-late-2010/?p=2094917

appreciate any help. let me know if you want me to post same here too, if needed.

Is it MRB or uEFI only install? The instructions are quite different depending on which one it is. Also did you install it manually or via the installer?

It was installed via the Clover 3055 installer. Not UEFI, legacy boot. Installed using "Install bootaf1 in MBR" and "CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO."

guys, need help with clover config. my laptop specs in my signature.

I am having a strange issue. I am using set of kexts/config which are confirmed to be working on my machine. However it's not the case. When I use exact config, my laptop wouldn't boot and GUI doesn't load. Then I created a config from scratch, which is almost similar, but it works. I checked in clover configurator side by side, the settings are similar! I have written in detail in this thread - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/247741-guide-dell-l701x-xps-17-late-2010/?p=2094917

appreciate any help. let me know if you want me to post same here too, if needed.

Did you notice the differences in configs.

<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CustomEDID</key>
        <data>AP///////wAGEBKgAAAAABwWAQS1MBt4Im+xp1VMniUMUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBeDeArnA4MkA8MKoAWMEQAAAaeDeArnA4MkA8MKoAWMEQAAAaAAAA/ABpTWFjCiAgICAgICAgAAAAAAAAgQKbAQEAAAIBCiAgAPU=</data>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>InjectEDID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>PatchVBios</key>
        <true/>

</dict>

<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
    </dict>

Greetings all,

I am running Clover v3050 on my Gigabyte X99-UD4, Intel 5960x CPU, ATI 290x video card, and OS X Mavericks 10.9.5.  I built the system last week, and after some fiddling around with clover, the system has been working very well thus far (other than deep sleep).

Today I installed a second 290x card to drive my 2nd 27" display.  Each time I boot, I get "Error allocating xxx pages at xxxxxxxx alloc type 2".  Initially, I had the "OsxAptioFixDrv.efi" memory driver, switched to the "OsxAptioFixDrv.efi-2" driver, then switched to the "OsxLowMemFix.efi" driver.  No matter which driver I use, I get the same problem.  I have tried "slide=0", "slide=1", "slide=10" kernel boot args but the same results.  And, I have cleared the kernel cache.

Any pointers?  What else can I try to get this booting?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings all,

I am running Clover v3050 on my Gigabyte X99-UD4, Intel 5960x CPU, ATI 290x video card, and OS X Mavericks 10.9.5.  I built the system last week, and after some fiddling around with clover, the system has been working very well thus far (other than deep sleep).

Today I installed a second 290x card to drive my 2nd 27" display.  Each time I boot, I get "Error allocating xxx pages at xxxxxxxx alloc type 2".  Initially, I had the "OsxAptioFixDrv.efi" memory driver, switched to the "OsxAptioFixDrv.efi-2" driver, then switched to the "OsxLowMemFix.efi" driver.  No matter which driver I use, I get the same problem.  I have tried "slide=0", "slide=1", "slide=10" kernel boot args but the same results.  And, I have cleared the kernel cache.

Any pointers?  What else can I try to get this booting?

Thanks in advance.

Try legacy Clover boot. It will be slower by 2 seconds but no memory problems.

Hello,

Does anyone know how to create a DSDT binary patch for clover, i need it to support my battery on my laptop;

I already have written a patch that i was using with Chameleon

Here's the patch; It makes the battery indicator work with sony vaio vpc-z13 and ACPIBatteryManager from RehabMan

--- /Users/stefb/cw_dsdt/original.dsl 2014-12-17 17:59:57.000000000 +0100
+++ /Users/stefb/cw_dsdt/patched.dsl 2014-12-17 17:59:57.000000000 +0100
@@ -824,6 +824,12 @@
         PRSV,   656
     }

+    Method (B1B2, 2, NotSerialized)
+    {
+        Or (ShiftLeft (Arg1, 0x08), Arg0, Local0)
+        Return (Local0)
+    }
+
     Scope (_SB)
     {
         Name (PR00, Package (0x29)
@@ -4261,14 +4267,21 @@
                         Offset (0x1E), 
                         Offset (0x1F), 
                         Offset (0x20), 
-                        SM01,   16, 
-                        SM10,   16, 
-                        SM18,   16, 
-                        SM19,   16, 
+                        B001,   8, 
+                        B101,   8, 
+                        B010,   8, 
+                        B110,   8, 
+                        B018,   8, 
+                        B118,   8, 
+                        B019,   8, 
+                        B119,   8, 
                         SM0D,   16, 
-                        SM0F,   16, 
-                        SM09,   16, 
-                        SM0B,   16, 
+                        B00F,   8, 
+                        B10F,   8, 
+                        B009,   8, 
+                        B109,   8, 
+                        B00B,   8, 
+                        B10B,   8, 
                         SM08,   16, 
                         SM12,   16, 
                         SM14,   16, 
@@ -4568,14 +4581,16 @@
                             })
                             If (ECON)
                             {
-                                Store (Multiply (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM18), 0x0A), Index (BPKG, One))
-                                Store (Multiply (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM10), 0x0A), Index (BPKG, 0x02))
-                                Store (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM19), Index (BPKG, 0x04))
-                                If (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM10))
+                                Store (Multiply (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B018, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B118)), 0x0A), Index (BPKG, 
+                                    One))
+                                Store (Multiply (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B010, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B110)), 0x0A), Index (BPKG, 
+                                    0x02))
+                                Store (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B019, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B119)), Index (BPKG, 0x04))
+                                If (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B010, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B110)))
                                 {
-                                    Store (Multiply (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM01), 0x0A), Local0)
+                                    Store (Multiply (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B001, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B101)), 0x0A), Local0)
                                     Store (Local0, Index (BPKG, 0x05))
-                                    Store (Multiply (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM18), 0x0A), Local0)
+                                    Store (Multiply (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B018, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B118)), 0x0A), Local0)
                                     Store (Divide (Local0, 0x7D, ), Index (BPKG, 0x06))
                                     Store (Divide (Local0, 0x01F4, ), Index (BPKG, 0x07))
                                     Store (Divide (Local0, 0x01F4, ), Index (BPKG, 0x08))
@@ -4647,18 +4662,19 @@
                                 And (Local0, 0x0C, Local0)
                                 ShiftRight (Local0, 0x02, Local0)
                                 Store (Local0, Index (PKG1, Zero))
-                                Store (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM0B), Local0)
+                                Store (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B00B, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B10B)), Local0)
                                 If (And (Local0, 0x8000))
                                 {
                                     XOr (Local0, 0xFFFF, Local0)
                                     Increment (Local0)
                                 }

-                                Store (Multiply (Local0, CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM09)), Local1)
+                                Store (Multiply (Local0, CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B009, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B109))), Local1)
                                 Store (Divide (Local1, 0x03E8, ), Local1)
                                 Store (Local1, Index (PKG1, One))
-                                Store (Multiply (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM0F), 0x0A), Index (PKG1, 0x02))
-                                Store (CE16 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.SM09), Index (PKG1, 0x03))
+                                Store (Multiply (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B00F, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B10F)), 0x0A), Index (PKG1, 
+                                    0x02))
+                                Store (CE16 (B1B2 (^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B009, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H8EC.B109)), Index (PKG1, 0x03))
                             }

Return (PKG1)

Hi there, recently I got a message before clover GUI, take a look:

0:395 0:018 Network protocol is not installed

In fact, I dont have any trouble, the boot starts normally — as always…

But I'm curious about this message: Its something related to BIOS config or Clover config?