Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

This one is easy, and the way I've done it.

Install package to ML partition with default settings

run those commands again.^^^

and this one

sudo cp -R /EFI/* /Volumes/EFI

delete /EFI or rename /EFI1

restart and wallah

done

Which is of the default option for EFI boot

• BIOS MBR boot0 (HFS+Fat32)
  • BIOS MBR Boot0hfs (HFS+Fat32)
  • BIOS GPT EFI (HFS + FAT32)
  • UEFI boot

My disc Is partitioned in GUID with Sectors to 4096

ScreenShot2012-10-26at110802PM.png

These two work when boot with -v for me:

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.zip

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.zip

Only had time to test with the first version and surprise.... sleep worked, wake worked! After wake I tried to sleep a second time and it just did nothing.

But after wake I had no ethernet, only wifi. Since my board has 2 network connectors, I will activated the other and test with it also.

Later today, I will test the other version.

• Like 1

Clover currently does NOT support 4K sectors ( may be coming shortly though )

Use a USB flash drive and install to that.

You will need to boot off USB to boot the HD

OR try smaller HD and do as I said.

that bad news

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
 <dict>
  <key>DropOemSSDT</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>GenerateCStates</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>GeneratePStates</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>PLimitDict</key>
  <string>1</string>
 </dict>

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
 <key>boot-args</key>
 <string>-v npci=0x2000 slide=0</string>
 <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
 <string>en:0</string>
 <key>InjectSystemID</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>LegacyBoot</key>
 <string>PBR</string>
 <key>iCloudFix</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<dict>
 <key>AppleRTC</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>StringInjector</key>
 <string>No</string>
<dict>
<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
 <key>Speed</key>
 <string>8</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
 <key>GraphicsInjector</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
 <dict>
  <key>Find</key>
  <data>gAeoAqAF</data>
  <key>Replace</key>
  <data>gAeoAjgE</data>
 </dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

my config file is correct

If this makes you a difference in sleep, can you identify me which versions are those? Where did you get it?

Well, it makes a difference with him, as it did with me. We should investigate this better.

I only had time to test the 1st of the 2 files he posted.

And it was the first time I got my pc to sleep and wake while booting in UEFI mode.

My disc Is partitioned in GUID with Sectors to 4096

What does that mean? Which disk do you have?

Clover currently does NOT support 4K sectors ( may be coming shortly though )

Support for real 4K disk will probably not come, at least, I believe, not shortly. I think this will require rewriting/modifying all boot sector loaders.

But, as far as I understood, real 4K disks (in the sense that system communicates with disks with 4K sectors) are very rare. Almost all 4K disks are emulating 512 bytes sectors and should work like 512 disks. Check this.

Meaning, no issues with Clover or Chameleon with 4K 512e disks. Except known issue with some of them when dd utility can not write boot1h - see here.

What does that mean? Which disk do you have?

Support for real 4K disk will probably not come, at least, I believe, not shortly. I think this will require rewriting/modifying all boot sector loaders.

But, as far as I understood, real 4K disks (in the sense that system communicates with disks with 4K sectors) are very rare. Almost all 4K disks are emulating 512 bytes sectors and should work like 512 disks. Check this.

Meaning, no issues with Clover or Chameleon with 4K 512e disks. Except known issue with some of them when dd utility can not write boot1h - see here.

unfortunately yes, even chameleon I install it manually bs=4096

If this makes you a difference in sleep, can you identify me which versions are those? Where did you get it?

I got it from anther person... I'll ask him if he remember.

But the other one I don't remember where it came from... I only know these two are different by checking their md5.

Well, it makes a difference with him, as it did with me. We should investigate this better.

I only had time to test the 1st of the 2 files he posted.

And it was the first time I got my pc to sleep and wake while booting in UEFI mode.

Did you get wake from sleep work with or without -v?

And are you able to wake it with darkwake=0?

Mine can't wake with darkwake=0 even add -v in boot-args.

Did you get wake work with or without -v in boot?

And are you able to wake it with darkwake=0 in

I always use -v and I tested it with darkwake=no, I had no more time left to make proper testing.

Don't know what is the problem with sleep/wake.

Nov 30 22:44:08 localhost WindowServer[97]: handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: no action for lock state 1
Nov 30 22:44:08 localhost kernel[0]: Wake reason: PWRB (User)

screenshot9.png

Clover-911-test.zip

Test, please, this combination for UEFI boot.

My config is almost empty.

<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
 <key>DsdtName</key>
 <string>DSDT-n.aml</string>
 <key>DropOemSSDT</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>GenerateCStates</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>GeneratePStates</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>PLimitDict</key>
 <string>0</string>
 <key>UnderVoltStep</key>
 <string>0</string>
 <key>EnableC6</key>
 <string>No</string>
 <key>EnableC4</key>
 <string>No</string>
 <key>EnableC2</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>EnableISS</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>ResetAddress</key>
 <string>0xCF9</string>
 <key>ResetValue</key>
 <string>0x06</string>
 <key>smartUPS</key>
 <string>No</string>
 <key>PatchNMI</key>
 <string>No</string>
 <key>FixDsdtMask</key>
 <string>0xB1BF</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
 <key>GraphicsInjector</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>FBName</key>
 <string>Ipomoea</string>
 <key>LoadVBios</key>
 <string>No</string>
 <key>VideoPorts</key>
 <string>3</string>
 <key>PatchVBios</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
 <key>Turbo</key>
 <string>No</string>
 <key>ProcessorType</key>
 <string>0x0903</string>
 <key>BusSpeedkHz</key>
 <string>99790</string>
 <key>QPI</key>
 <string>6400</string>
</dict>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
 <key>KernelCpu</key>
 <string>No</string>
 <key>ATIConnectorsController</key>
 <string>6000</string>
 <key>ATIConnectorsData</key>
 <string>000400000403000000010000120401050008000004020000000100001102040310000000100000000001000000000002</string>
 <key>ATIConnectorsPatch</key>
 <string>040000000403000000010000100001061000000010000000000100000000000100080000040200000001000012040403</string>
 <key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
 <string>No</string>
 <key>AppleRTC</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>KextsToPatch</key>
 <dict>
  <key>0</key>
  <dict>
   <key>Name</key>
   <string>VoodooHDA</string>
   <key>Find</key>
   <data>SGVhZHBob25lcwA=</data>
   <key>Replace</key>
   <data>VGVsZXBob25lcwA=</data>
  </dict>
  <key>1</key>
  <dict>
   <key>Name</key>
   <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
   <key>Find</key>
   <data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>
   <key>Replace</key>
   <data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>
  </dict>
 </dict>
</dict>

and serials/uuid/volumes

ML install does not need FakeSMC. First time heard it from Trauma here (23/03/2011, some time ago). My response was:

But if Apple one day releases OSX that does (not) need some SMC fix, I would not be surprised if it gets unnoticed for a while, since we are all automatically adding FakeSMC to every install.

:)

Well, installed OSX needs it, but not installer.

Correction or amendment to above ...

STLVNUB claimed that he needed FakeSMC for installer. D-an-W also needed it. So, I have downloaded latest ML install from App Store, restored Install OS X Mountain Lion/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg to USB stick, checked booting of it and - yes, FakeSMC is needed. Was not needed for 10.8.0 (and some DP releases), but is needed again.

Thanks to FrodoKenny, it's enough here to put FakeSMC.kext to Clover's /EFI/kexts/Other installer's kernelcache boots fine (did not checked full install).

Note: this kext injection into kernelcache works with 10.8.2 fine, but that injection requires patching of the kernel on the fly, in memory. There are no guarantees that this patching will work with future kernel versions, without some intervention to the Clover code.

My config is almost empty.

Almost ... yes. :)

Hey all, I just skimmed through this entire thread and wanted to relate some of my experiences UEFI booting Clover on a P8Z77-V Pro, particularly regarding wake from sleep.

Using a DSDT I created w/ only simple HDEF fix I wake to black screen (works fine in Cham)

NO DSDT, wakes fine but only w/ power button (no usb peripherals/bluetooth)

With:

<key>PCI</key>

<dict>

<key>USBInjection</key>

<string>No</string>

</dict>

Can wake from peripherals/bluetooth BUT restarts after 30 seconds

(tried shiecldk's OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi files but still restarts after 30 seconds)

So that's where I'm at, can wake fine but only w/ power button, OR w/ peripherals and restart after 30 seconds or so. For the record, my usb devices do work fine after waking.

Also, my mouse doesn't work properly within the bootloader when UEFI booting, I think somewhere back towards the beginning of the thread dmazar said it's due to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi... Basically it actually works, it just doesn't refresh its position when I move the mouse. However, if I right click the mouse it jumps to the place that I moved it to, so I can quasi use it by guessing and right clicking to refresh its position lol.

Anyways, everything else seems to be working in an orderly fashion, speedstepping, restart, shutdown etc.

So that's where I'm at, can wake fine but only w/ power button, OR w/ peripherals and restart after 30 seconds or so. For the record, my usb devices do work fine after waking.

So,

1. if you stop Clover from injecting USB device values with USBInjection=No, then you are missing some USB device values that would allow you to wake with USB mouse/keyboard

2. but if you let Clover to inject USB device values, then Clover injects values which are not good for your system

This sounds like you need to inject USB stuff, but a bit different then Clover is doing by default. You can check what Clover is injecting by using DarwinDumper to dump "Device Properties". And you can inject your own values to USB devices in DSDT.

Also, my mouse doesn't work properly within the bootloader when UEFI booting, I think somewhere back towards the beginning of the thread dmazar said it's due to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi... Basically it actually works, it just doesn't refresh its position when I move the mouse. However, if I right click the mouse it jumps to the place that I moved it to, so I can quasi use it by guessing and right clicking to refresh its position lol.

Yes, mouse does not work in UEFI boot here also. It's not related to AptioFix. It's just that mouse driver built inside our UEFI does not behave as it should (as specified by UEFI spec), and Clover does not get proper movement values from it.

• Like 1

Yes, mouse does not work in UEFI boot here also. It's not related to AptioFix. It's just that mouse driver built inside our UEFI does not behave as it should (as specified by UEFI spec), and Clover does not get proper movement values from it.

but you can do something for the future, or will not work ever?

@Slice

Wake works better with the drivers64UEFI in r911.

But I still need -v to get it wake.

I've tried to boot with "WithKexts" in normal boot (none -v), but still no luck.

So the problem is not about kernelcache.

And darkwake=0 dosen't work on my system. (need to press power button twice to get it wake)

So,

1. if you stop Clover from injecting USB device values with USBInjection=No, then you are missing some USB device values that would allow you to wake with USB mouse/keyboard

2. but if you let Clover to inject USB device values, then Clover injects values which are not good for your system

This sounds like you need to inject USB stuff, but a bit different then Clover is doing by default. You can check what Clover is injecting by using DarwinDumper to dump "Device Properties". And you can inject your own values to USB devices in DSDT.

I just want to point out that when I boot w/ Boot0 and

USBInjection=No then I can use my peripherals to wake and there isn't a reset. I have the same dilemma as shiecldk I think, It's only when using USBInjection = No when booting

through UEFI that my system resets itself about 30 seconds after waking. I find it curious that I'd need a patched DSDT for UEFI booting and not boot0. Seems like a driver dilemma, but the aptiofix driver schiecldk uploaded isn't helping me.

When I inject USB with my system its wont allow me to use keyboard or mouse to wake the system. Actually all of the USB ports are dead on wake and one of the USB plugs needs to be reconnected to get it working again.

I just want to point out that when I boot w/ Boot0 and

USBInjection=No then I can use my peripherals to wake and there isn't a reset. I have the same dilemma as shiecldk I think, It's only when using USBInjection = No when booting

through UEFI that my system resets itself about 30 seconds after waking. I find it curious that I'd need a patched DSDT for UEFI booting and not boot0. Seems like a driver dilemma, but the aptiofix driver schiecldk uploaded isn't helping me.

We have a very similar system. I have everything working 99.99%. Maybe you should look at my conf.plist to get some ideas...

USBInjection=No

DsdtFixMask=0x20E4

Fixed my issues....

PS. Devs I'm booting UEFI and everything works, should I upload darwin dumper output for you to look at? The only issue I have is KP-restart when using Bluetooth, but from my research its a apple issue as real macs have the same problem with 10.8.2

• Like 1

Keep in mind the only reason I said 99.99% is because of a bug with Bluetooth, but this is an apple related problem and nothing to do with Clover. So essentially clovers got me at 100%. All systems are a go Langly. =)

Keep in mind the only reason I said 99.99% is because of a bug with Bluetooth, but this is an apple related problem and nothing to do with Clover. So essentially clovers got me at 100%. All systems are a go Langly. =)

Knydder actually helped me w/ my DSDT a bit and now am sleeping and waking fine w/o reboots, can wake from all peripherals wired keyboard/mouse & magic trackpad/wireless keyboard... I've never had dead USB ports on wake with this system or eject errors on wakes though... or bluetooth KPs on restart (using flashed DBT-120 B2)... my config.plist is very light and i'm using very few kexts (sound, lan & fakesmc) dsdt & sddt.

Tentatively my only remaining issues are w/ UEFI booting WoL still doesn't work and in bootloader mouse is super tweaky (position only refreshes when right clicking). dmazar seems to think it's just our board's uefi though w/ mouse bootloader issue, strange yours doesn't have the issue though and you're also using something from p8z77-v family.

Knydder actually helped me w/ my DSDT a bit and now am sleeping and waking fine w/o reboots, can wake from all peripherals wired keyboard/mouse & magic trackpad/wireless keyboard... I've never had dead USB ports on wake with this system or eject errors on wakes though... or bluetooth KPs on restart (using flashed DBT-120 B2)... my config.plist is very light and i'm using very few kexts (sound, lan & fakesmc) dsdt & sddt.

Tentatively my only remaining issues are w/ UEFI booting WoL still doesn't work and in bootloader mouse is super tweaky (position only refreshes when right clicking). dmazar seems to think it's just our board's uefi though w/ mouse bootloader issue, strange yours doesn't have the issue though and you're also using something from p8z77-v family.

Good to hear you got everything working! What patches did you use to fix your DSDT? I'm curious if we are using the same exact patches. Can you list what patched you used or did you fix with Dsdtfixmask?

Also I'm am still having the UEFI mouse issue same as you. But this does not bother me what's so ever. I'm only in the main menu for a few seconds if at all.

Knydder help me get my problems fixed too. If clover had a technical support hotline Knydder would be the one answering the phone. =)

Thanks

-mrengles

PS. What asus bios/UEFI version are using, and if overclocked to what GHz?

After fixing my DSDT, I though it might have fixed the Bluetooth kp restart but it started acting up about a week later. It's very weird...

Good to hear you got everything working! What patches did you use to fix your DSDT? I'm curious if we are using the same exact patches. Can you list what patched you used or did you fix with Dsdtfixmask?

He's using the same tips that I told here > #466

But on his case, he's not using any DSDT Fix Mask...

Also I'm am still having the UEFI mouse issue same as you. But this does not bother me what's so ever. I'm only in the main menu for a few seconds if at all.

Knydder help me get my problems fixed too. If clover had a technical support hotline Knydder would be the one answering the phone. =)

Thanks

-mrengles

PS. What asus bios/UEFI version are using, and if overclocked to what GHz?

After fixing my DSDT, I though it might have fixed the Bluetooth kp restart but it started acting up about a week later. It's very weird...

Well, I'm using 1708 modded firmware for my P8Z77-V Pro, I believe it's UEFI 2.1 (what's yours?) I'm not using any dsdtixmask's in my config.plist. I'm only using fakesmc, applehda, and lan kexts (oh and patch for cuda cores on gtx 670)... my dsdt.aml just has warnings cleaned up, adds for HDEF & USB "stuff" kyndder did it unfortunately, I'd have to compare to my clean to figure out what was changed. My config.plist is basically stock, just added GraphicsInjection=no and USBInjection=No

Not sure about your eject error and dead usb ports on wake, I've simply never had this issue with or without DSDT, though without DSDT edits my system would reboot 30 seconds after waking when using USBinection=no

as for mouse, idc either, would be nice to get rid of the pointer I guess though or ideally just disable it all together.

He's using the same tips that I told here > #466

But on his case, he's not using any DSDT Fix Mask...

I actually removed my DsdtFixMask and ended up patching my DSDT with the same fixes.

It works just the same.

Thanks, I just like learning about this stuff. The more the better. =]

Mrengles