Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

For the 6780 you need graphics injector=Yes and that's it. Clover will do the rest for that card.

Why don't you post your conf.plist so we can help.

My config file is:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
 <key>boot-args</key>
 <string>-v npci=0x2000</string>
 <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
 <string>en:0</string>
 <key>InjectSystemID</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>LegacyBoot</key>
 <string>PBR</string>
</dict>
<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
 <key>Speed</key>
 <string>8</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
 <key>GraphicsInjector</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
 <dict>
  <key>Find</key>
  <data>gAeoAqAF</data>
  <key>Replace</key>
  <data>gAeoAjgE</data>
 </dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

My hardware is as follows:

i7 3770K

Gigabyte z77x-up5 th

Crucial M4 256GB (OSX Install)

OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Windows 7)

WD 640 GB (OSX files)

Seagate 1TB (exfat files)

BIOS is F11 (UEFI).

Can anyone help me configure the boot file. I cant get past the UUID is

@Liquid Ice

If you just downloaded the iso file and moved EFI to your usb or hard drive your missing some need drivers.

You should try using the installer from SF.

What's files do you have in drivers64 and drivers64Uefi?

@Liquid Ice

If you just downloaded the iso file and moved EFI to your usb or hard drive your missing some need drivers.

You should try using the installer from SF.

What's files do you have in drivers64 and drivers64Uefi?

Drivers64UEFI

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

DataHubDxe-64.efi

FSInject-64.efi

HFSPLus-64.efi

NTFS-64.efi

OsxFatBianryDrv-64.efi

OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi

PartitionDxe-64.efi

VboxExt2-64.efi

Drivers64

FSInject-64.efi

Ps2MouseDxe-64.efi

UsbMouseDxe-64.efi

VBoxExt2-64.efi

XhciDxe-64.efi

@mrengles - Used the installer

Drivers64UEFI

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

DataHubDxe-64.efi

FSInject-64.efi

HFSPLus-64.efi

NTFS-64.efi

OsxFatBianryDrv-64.efi

OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi

PartitionDxe-64.efi

VboxExt2-64.efi

Drivers64

FSInject-64.efi

Ps2MouseDxe-64.efi

UsbMouseDxe-64.efi

VBoxExt2-64.efi

XhciDxe-64.efi

@mrengles - Used the installer

It looks that way. I don't think your drivers are the issue. I do know if booting UEFI with aptio driver your going to need slide=0 added to your boot-args. So yours would be: -v npci=0x2000 slide=0

But I think you should be getting an aptio error, which your not even getting to, right?

Try the above boot-args and post back good or bad...

Mrengles

Well, I've got a working OS X Mountain Lion Installer USB that creates a working Recovery HD partition during the installation process. The steps were very simple, took about 5-10 minutes to modify the installer (depending on the speed of your Mac). Its was combination of a standard retail InstallESD.dmg restore, with parts of Blackosx's Recovery Partition guide.

Thanks again everyone, for your comments, jokes, advise, and other 2cent posts!

Man, Clover v2 r806 Bootloader is AWESOME!

I was so excited that Find My Mac was working... I just had to send a lock request from iCloud to complete my tests. A few seconds later my Hackintosh, shutdown, restarted, and booted backup to the Lock screen! it WORKED!!! Haha

Entered my 6 digit passkey a few times, none of them worked, and I was locked out of my freshly Installed Hackintosh. Long story short Find My Mac, works but doesn't. Be careful. =)

Thanks SLICE for a great Mac experience on a PC. Best bootloader i've used to date, with only a few small kinks, it really is the most Mac like.

-Mrengles

Did you ever create that guide as thats something I always wanted Chameleon to do but had to do manually after install (The Recovery HD partition)?

Hello

I use the Clover with UEFI boot, compile from CloverGrower

I found the EFI Shell not work on my thinkpad laptop since revision 886

In the Clover GUI, mouse clicks into the EFI Shell , then the screen displays the following error message:

ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Device Error)
ASSERT /User/slice/src/edk2/Build/Shell/DEBUG_GCC46/X64/ShellPkg/Application/Shell/Shell/DEBUG/AutoGen.c:(438) : !EFI_ERROR (Status)

Driver files is the same as before rev 886 In EFI/drivers64UEFI folder, except CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

but I have been rename it to CsmVideoDxe-64.noefi because it make the Clover GUI can not be displayed

Has somebody can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Hey Devs,

I was just thinking. Can you guys/girls add an option to the Clover main menu to override the current Smbios settings like you have with so many other conf.plist setting?

Maybe a sub menu for SMBios were we can check off what Mac model we would temporarily like to boot with?

Is this possible? Something that would be worth adding? Would other like this feature?

I'd live to here your comments.

Thanks

-Mrengles

I would like that also

For you, guys.

Rev905

rev905.png

• Like 4

AppleStyle theme update.

All icon files updated to highest quality with 512x512 pixels and added other OS icons.

post-35058-0-19655800-1354101036_thumb.png

post-35058-0-82410400-1354101096_thumb.png

AppleStyle.zip

Thanks a lot that blackosx's reminded.

Icons with standard quality will reduced theme's files size from 7M to 1M.

And I recommend everyone use the standard quality theme.

AppleStyle_Standard.zip

There is one "os_mac.icns" icon file I forgot to added.

post-35058-0-40297200-1354195040.png

High quality.

os_mac_high.zip

Standard quality.

os_mac_standard.zip

• Like 2

Nice job with the SMBIOS settings slice.

All icon files updated to highest quality with 512x512 pixels and added other OS icons.

Good to see updates to your theme Eps, however do you think it's worth increasing the file size of each icon by adding larger images which are not used?

• Like 1

Hello,

I've found what's wrong.

If you try to build from scratch that's my case, it does'nt work because Lvers.txt does not exist the first time.

I do that:

Should check if Lvers.txt exist, if not create with 0 revision inside.

or this

[/size][/font]

Regards

Thanks for sharing :)

Edit:

Today i booted 1st time since weeks into Clovers GUI (r904) to change some settings.

Right before GUI entered i got a message printed on screen saying...

ASSERT /usr/local/UDK2010/MyWorkSpace/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/String.c(166): String != ((void *) 0)

I couldn't find .../UDK2010 :worried_anim:

Can someone explain plz what it means

@ schiecidk

Great job I understand better now regarding the permissions issues.

But what I do not understand, why when I copy the InstallESD file on a real mac I do not have to do that.

I am not sure why during the second part of the OSX install my drive icons are seen as external devices (orange icons) but changes after I add the amended kexts, but I think this fix ex the beast man is cosmetic. I also have had best results with the HD4000 graphics and actually removed the 6870 card and frankly not being a gamer I find the text is clearer with the HD4000, so no prob with the graphics, and I use that Disabler.kext to allow me to use a MacPro5,1 profile.

Thanks for your hard work here...

Brgds/Tony

Why don't you try removing the "real refit install" on all the other locations and just use Clover?

Refit was just an extra example because it also makes a EFI folder like clover, that might confuse the Clover bootloader.

Removing one instance is in my opinion not a realistic solution. Because if you want to do a re-install of your system, there still persists a local installed version of clover EFI on the internal HD, the CD/USB clover media behaves different and may refuse to boot because it may refer to a possible broken local config/theme/dsdt/etc! Vice/Versa. So a situation that multiple installed instances of Clover on different media exist on the same system is kind of normal (Installed version/External bootable). Offcourse in normal operation you will not have the external CD/USB disk with the additional Clover instance attached...

Another Example:

If I boot the local internal HD with Clover 897 version, and a external USB volume with clover is also attached on that system. The local clover will not find the dsdt.aml file on the local disk, so the system boots without it. If I disconnect the USB clover disk. It works fine and uses the dsdt.aml file. The BIOS boots the local internal drive first.

Vice Versa, booting the CD/USB external version of clover first in BIOS also makes strange assumptions in using themes and dsdt.aml files when local installed Clover versions exist.

My external install media CD/DVD have a disklabel name that is lower in alphabetical order than the my local install of OSX, maybe it has something to do with that.

This happens in BIOS boot with 32/64 bit clover modes.

I found the EFI Shell not work on my thinkpad laptop since revision 886

Regarding UEFI shells ... check this three versions and see which one suites you. Put one of them as /EFI/Tools/Shell64.efi if you are starting shell from Clover. Listed in the order of my personal preference.

1. EDK Shell / EFI Shell / Old Shell / Shell1

- https://edk2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/edk2/trunk/edk2/EdkShellBinPkg/FullShell/X64/

- should work on all UEFIs

- works the best

- does not contain bcfg command for managing firmware boot options

2. EDK2 Shell / UEFI Shell / New Shell / Shell2

- https://edk2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/edk2/trunk/edk2/ShellBinPkg/UefiShell/X64/

- requires UEFI 2.3 or newer, does not work on older UEFIs

- contains bcfg for managing firmware boot options

3. Modified UEFI Shell:

- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17629062/Shell2.zip

- modification of UEFI Shell to be able to run bcfg command on some older pre 2.3 UEFIs

Edit:

Today i booted 1st time since weeks into Clovers GUI (r904) to change some settings.

Right before GUI entered i got a message printed on screen saying...

ASSERT /usr/local/UDK2010/MyWorkSpace/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/String.c(166): String != ((void *) 0)

I couldn't find .../UDK2010 :worried_anim:

Can someone explain plz what it means

Edit:

Ok, found sth here... .../scr/edk2/FatBinPkg/ReadMe.text

Still don't know what to do with it.

@ schiecidk

Great job I understand better now regarding the permissions issues.

But what I do not understand, why when I copy the InstallESD file on a real mac I do not have to do that.

I am not sure why during the second part of the OSX install my drive icons are seen as external devices (orange icons) but changes after I add the amended kexts, but I think this fix ex the beast man is cosmetic. I also have had best results with the HD4000 graphics and actually removed the 6870 card and frankly not being a gamer I find the text is clearer with the HD4000, so no prob with the graphics, and I use that Disabler.kext to allow me to use a MacPro5,1 profile.

Thanks for your hard work here...

Brgds/Tony

I dont understand why you want to use the MacPro5,1 profile if its just for looks in About This Mac.You can achieve the same look as MacPro5,1 with P-C State performance of the MacPro3,1 profile without the need for any extra kexts or deleting kexts by using MacPro3,1 in SMBIOS with a MacPro5,1 Serial Number.

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>G8251A98EUH</string>
</dict>

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 1

I dont understand why you want to use the MacPro5,1 profile if its just for looks in About This Mac.You can achieve the same look as MacPro5,1 with P-C State performance of the MacPro3,1 profile without the need for any extra kexts or deleting kexts by using MacPro3,1 in SMBIOS with a MacPro5,1 Serial Number.

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>G8251A98EUH</string>
</dict>

Hope this helps someone.

Hi mrengels, Likely as MacPro5,1 is supposedly more advanced but that on a hack is only cosmetic, as you have to amend the 5,1 profile to get better speed stepping anyway as you do for 3,1. With the processors we have the best mac match is the iMac 12.2, but that is problematical as Apple always wants to upgrade your EFI and Thunderbolt...

Each to their own I guess...

Well, you have MBR formatted disk (not GPT). But this is not a problem, unless you are trying to do native UEFI boot - you can only do standard BIOS Clover boot (we call it CloverEFI) with MBR disk.

Your UEFI (fat32) partition is not bootable because you did not install any master boot (boot0) and partition boot (boot1*) code to this disk. I guess the easiest way to do that is to use Clover installer and select "BIOS MBR boot0hfs (HFS+Fat32)". Choose your UEFI partition as target.

I tried as you told me, but this is the result

28112012297.jpg

28112012298.jpg

And then I formatted everything with GPT partition

I installed Colver Efi check the option "BIOS GPT EFI (HFS+Fat 32 )"

As a result I got the blinking cursor in the upper right

I need Help

Hi mrengels, Likely as MacPro5,1 is supposedly more advanced but that on a hack is only cosmetic, as you have to amend the 5,1 profile to get better speed stepping anyway as you do for 3,1. With the processors we have the best mac match is the iMac 12.2, but that is problematical as Apple always wants to upgrade your EFI and Thunderbolt...

Each to their own I guess...

If you are using Sandy Bridge CPU, you can try this file to get more steps:

MacPro5_1.plist.zip

Replace the file in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources.

But be careful of KP.

To get speedstep work on Sandy Bridge CPU, modify the plist in the Resources folder with the item "StepContextDict" from Macmini5_1~3 or MacBookPro8_1~3.

@mrengles

I found out that wake only works when I boot with -v with an earlier version of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Also, using darkwake=0 will break waking.

There was man told me that he had the same issue (need -v to wake), which may due to AHCI problem (orange disk), while kernelcache is loaded.

But, I already solved the orange disk problem after updating my MB form Bios to UEFI.

I found out that wake only works when I boot with -v with an earlier version of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Where can I get that version of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

I would like to have sleep working again, but it´s not being easy.

I copied the folder "EFI" using this command from the Finder in the partition "EFI (Volumes/EFI , disk0s1) " disk formatted in GUID

sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI/

with Unpackges I recovered from Clover.pkg the file boot and copied to the Volume/Efi

But I still can not boot ...

What's wrong?

Please I Need Help