Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Guys what are the config i need for clover...

i have formatted my HDD to MBR scheme

i want to install clover in the same partition as my osx system ( don't want to create a partiton for EFI)

i have also windows 7 to another HDD and i dont want to boot to windows from clover

i want to boot it from deafult windows bootloader

My spec:

My Cpu: Intel Core i7-870(1st gen)

My Mb:maximus III gene

my Gpu :Msi nvidia GTX560ti

kext injection and patching seems to work for me on 2812 - but if I hit space and try to boot with say verbose, clover just hangs. have to ctrl-alt-delete to restart clover. 2795 is fine.

Hey guys,

as a result from the last days I would like to thank the Clover team. A really nice boot loader, of course there could be optimizations regarding the easiness, more clear gui+docs regarding dependency of each parameter. But so far for me this is currently the best boot loader, mostly works out of the box. I also like the http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home wiki of zetam really much, but could be improved.

I am now running a nearly perfect OSX 10.9.4, Core i7 4770 + ATI5570HD system with a Asus B85M-G main board, recent firmware, Intel B85 chipset. The only problem for which I cannot find any solution is a defective sleep mode. If the system goes to sleep, it only can be waked by pressing the power button (maybe normal?) and then it just restarts.

I tried a lot of variations:

- Different ATI personalities, "eulemur" seems to give a correct power management, since the standby of the monitor is successfully activated. So I guess from this side everything is alright.

- Power management for the internal Intel HD4600 (which I cannot completely deactivate in bios. AppleIntelFramebufferAzul is loaded). Lately I patched the HD4600 power management using a proper DSDT. There is no "AGPM: unknown" message in boot log anymore. So this seems to be ok, too. Right?

- USB seems to have problems with USB2 devices that are connected directly to the computer. If they are connected using a USB 2.0 hub, everything works correctly. Sometimes USB3 devices will become USB2 devices... So I guess here is still something wrong? But is this related to power management?

- Also tried different hibernate modes. First 0, then the propagated 28 mode (was it 28)? No change.

- Set different cstates. Tried "EnableC7" but no change. Currently "EnableC6" and "EnableC7" is activated.

So how can I resolve this problem? Do you experts maybe have a quick idea what I should try? How can I debug this problem?

Thanks and regards.

Hi guys, as you might remember, my problem is a black screen just when the GUI is supposed to start (GTX 780, Sabertooth P67, 2600k).

I've attached the debug.log.

As you can see, the reason for the halt is "Custom boot screen not used because entry has unset use graphics" and "Failed to initialize boot screen: Aborted!"

Would anyone know how I can fix this?

same problem. very different setup. common bootloader.

Black screen and blinking cursor of death?

but it is a nice thing ... sometimes you also have to laugh....you agree ?

at least its not as bad as some of the posts that are full of emoticons for no apparent reason just for the sake of using them ...