• Please log in to reply
4257 replies to this topic

dmazar

dmazar

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 256 posts
I guess you need to clean ACPI section

If you have GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates, then you probably also need DropOemSSDT=Yes. If you also have your own SSDT for P states for example, then you do not need GeneratePStates.

If you already have patched DSDT in ACPI/patched (DsdtName=DSDT.aml - you do not need to specify it), then you probably do not need FixDsdtMask=0x3031 but FixDsdtMask=0. Your DSDT mask injects USB stuff into DSDT - maybe this is causing problems for you.

Something like:

<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>FixDsdtMask</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>DropOemSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
plus your EnableCx - if needed.
</dict>
(if you have your own SSDT with p states, then remove GeneratePStates)

And then I would also try with disabled USB device tree injection:
<key>PCI</key>
<dict>
<key>HDAInjection</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>USBInjection</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>

Mrengles

Mrengles

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

I guess you need to clean ACPI section

If you have GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates, then you probably also need DropOemSSDT=Yes. If you also have your own SSDT for P states for example, then you do not need GeneratePStates.

If you already have patched DSDT in ACPI/patched (DsdtName=DSDT.aml - you do not need to specify it), then you probably do not need FixDsdtMask=0x3031 but FixDsdtMask=0. Your DSDT mask injects USB stuff into DSDT - maybe this is causing problems for you.

Something like:

<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>FixDsdtMask</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>DropOemSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
plus your EnableCx - if needed.
</dict>
(if you have your own SSDT with p states, then remove GeneratePStates)

And then I would also try with disabled USB device tree injection:
<key>PCI</key>
<dict>
<key>HDAInjection</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>USBInjection</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>

Thanks, for the advise. I'll make some changes, and edit this post, with how it goes...

Mrengles

Mrengles

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Dmazar,

I made the changes you suggested, dropssdt, gen c&p states yes, and I'm not using Fixdsdtmadk. When I use USB keyboard, I need to unplug and replug to get system to fully wake, with a second keyboard/mouse click. But I also get a KP that forces the computer to restart. It looks like it tries to load the hibernate image and fails.

Still not luck with usb3.

Working wake is getting closer, but still not quite right.

tonydickinson

tonydickinson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 187 posts

Dmazar,

I made the changes you suggested, dropssdt, gen c&p states yes, and I'm not using Fixdsdtmadk. When I use USB keyboard, I need to unplug and replug to get system to fully wake, with a second keyboard/mouse click. But I also get a KP that forces the computer to restart. It looks like it tries to load the hibernate image and fails.

Still not luck with usb3.

Working wake is getting closer, but still not quite right.

@mrengles - Not sure that your config.plist is correct as xCode shows it as "Corrupt" My entry for trim is:

<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
<key>Find</key>
<string>QVBQTEUgU1NE</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<string>AAAAAAAAAAAA</string>
</dict>

And it works..! It is always a good idea (I think) to use xCode to check the validity of the file, as otherwise you can make make many changes that might not work in OSX if the syntax is not correct.

Regarding the USB3 - I am an eSata man myself and USB is not of great interest or concern, however I believe that the USB kext apple uses PXHCD.kext, is not fully compatible with the Z77 chipset. (Dmazar et all - correct me if I am wrong) however the Intel USB3 should partially work, but NOT the ASMEDIA USB 3 ports.

My Z77 wakes from sleep fine although one has to use the power button to wake, then the mouse to wake the monitor, but USB works fine on waking. I am using the default USB settings in the Asus 1616 BIOS.

Mrengles

Mrengles

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

@mrengles - Not sure that your config.plist is correct as xCode shows it as "Corrupt" My entry for trim is:

<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
<key>Find</key>
<string>QVBQTEUgU1NE</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<string>AAAAAAAAAAAA</string>
</dict>

And it works..! It is always a good idea (I think) to use xCode to check the validity of the file, as otherwise you can make make many changes that might not work in OSX if the syntax is not correct.

Regarding the USB3 - I am an eSata man myself and USB is not of great interest or concern, however I believe that the USB kext apple uses PXHCD.kext, is not fully compatible with the Z77 chipset. (Dmazar et all - correct me if I am wrong) however the Intel USB3 should partially work, but NOT the ASMEDIA USB 3 ports.

My Z77 wakes from sleep fine although one has to use the power button to wake, then the mouse to wake the monitor, but USB works fine on waking. I am using the default USB settings in the Asus 1616 BIOS.

Hey, I'm not sure about the file being corrupt with Xcode, because I used Xcode to create the config.plist file. I think your problem is copy and pasting from this site. I'll post a zipped copy at the end of this post.

I fixed my KP by adding darkwake=0 to the Kernel Flags (happens only once and a while now), No longer need to use the power button to wake the machine. But still need to provide two taps/clicks, one before I unplug the keyboard, and one after. The keyboard (all USB) is dead on wake, but works after I unplug one of my devices.

I'm not using the asmedia 3.0 ports, they are disabled in the UEFI BIOS, These problems are happening with the Intel Z77 ports. They work fine when 3.0 is disabled in the BIOS.

Here is a zipped copy of my config.plist

http://organicdata.n...onfig.plist.zip

Thanks for the advise.

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,210 posts
:hammer:

Hi all..for user boot UEFI

did you find these updates?

http://www.mediafire...ybdwxqnt4y1fvww
this is a imac original

dmazar

dmazar

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 256 posts
@mrengles - sorry, but do not know how to help. It looks like it's some issue with DSDT patches. Does it work with Chameleon? If yes, did you compare ACPI tables from Clover and Chameleon (DarwinDumper is a great tool). I'm not able to tell anything more.

tonydickinson

tonydickinson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 187 posts
@mrengles - Robert - you are likely correct regarding the copy/paste...

I am not sure about your ACPI section of your config plist and I see no KPs.

Your ACPI.

<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOemSSDT</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>EnableISS</key>
<string>YES</string>
<string>YES</string>
<string>YES</string>
<key>EnableC2</key>
<string>YES</string>
</dict>

MY ACPI options.

<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DsdtName</key>
<string>BIOS.aml</string>
<key>FixDsdtMask</key>
<string>0X3B47</string>
<key>DropOemSSDT</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DropAPIC</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DropMCFG</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DropHPET</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DropECDT</key>
<string>No</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PLimitDict</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>UnderVoltStep</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>EnableC6</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EnableC4</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EnableC2</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>

I am not sure - as I recall reading somewhere else that you are using a DSDT.aml with your Z77 motherboard, from day one I have found that with the modded Asus BIOS a DSDT is not necessary, and for me everything just works with the exception of an iffy USB3 service.

Me I do not use a DSDT at all, and in my config.plist the BIOS.aml is what Clover picks up from the BIOS - Great fun - the only ongoing issue I have with Clover is Windows8 as despite all I cannot get it to load via Clover as long as I use the ATI discrete graphics card which I would prefer to use as I bought it... If I use the F8 option and select Windows Boot Manager it works fine.
Dmazar and the team over at Project OS X have been very helpful and we did some tests and if I remove the 6870 and use the on board HD4000 it works fine so it has to be the way I am configuring the graphics.

Win8 is growing on me, it is useful to have as a tool, but there are great advantages in not using virtual versions

Keep on. If you are interested a copy of my config.plist is attached.

Brgds/Tony.

:hammer:

Hi all..for user boot UEFI

did you find these updates?

http://www.mediafire...ybdwxqnt4y1fvww
this is a imac original

Bonjorno - Thanks I will investigate further as this looks like a new refit??? - I will research further as it looks more like Refind to me particularly with the rEFItBlesser. I am sure Slice/Dmazar will enlighten us...

Thank for posting - interesting.

Attached Files

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,536 posts
refit? rEFInd? rEFItBlesser? - what do you want to ask?

Mrengles

Mrengles

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
New & Updated mrenglesTheme by mrengles for Clover v2 Bootloader!

mrenglesTheme v1.1 Fixed a few visual bugs. (Nov 8th, 2012)
mrenglesTheme v1.2 Added some alternate png artwork such as about, help, shutdown, and restart. (Nov 10th, 2012)
mrenglesTheme v1.3 Added a couple of icons to help identify the type of operating system (OS) on the selected disk. (Nov 11th, 2012)
mrenglesTheme v1.5 Added some extra artwork, New Anti-Aliased Fonts, and detailed the refit.conf settings. (Nov 14th, 2012)

This download includes all of the necessary files for an easy installation. They just need to be moved into the correct locations.
  • /EFI/BOOT/font/ - Fonts go here>
  • /EFI/BOOT/refit.conf - Don't forget to backup original use something like: $ cp refit.conf refit.conf-original-backup
  • /EFI/BOOT/themes/mrenglesTheme

Posted Image

Posted Image

mrenglesTheme v1.5 Download

mrenglesTheme Extra Fonts Download

Think twice about using this theme if you have allot of operating system drives visible in Clover. My theme shows limited OS badges because I wanted to create a simple theme that was easy on the eyes without allot of advertising going on. :wink2:

Thanks again to everyone who provided help & support!

-Mrengles

Edited by mrengles, 15 November 2012 - 06:09 PM.

xmen107

xmen107

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I like your theme :thumbsup_anim:

dmazar

dmazar

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 256 posts

PS. I'm having an issue with the selection color "selection_color 0x2B2B2B00" Its not working.

Probably because it ends with 00. Its RGBA - try putting something > 0 for alpha, like 0x2B2B2B80.

Mrengles

Mrengles

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Probably because it ends with 00. Its RGBA - try putting something > 0 for alpha, like 0x2B2B2B80.

I'll give it a shot when I get home from work, and update/correct the theme if needed.

Taruga

Taruga

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 527 posts

I also had to press power button to wake, but after adding darkwake=0 to the Kernel Flags it wake, now it wakes with the mouse.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,011 posts

Probably because it ends with 00. Its RGBA - try putting something > 0 for alpha

Good spot dmazar! That's been driving me crazy for the last couple of weeks.. Thanks

@mrengles - Nice to see another theme for Clover. Well done.

cyf

cyf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Hi, I have been using ML (10.8.2 using Chameleon with DDST/SSDT's and kexts), but have not been able to have it working with Speedstep, etc. Given that I wanted to use Clover ultimately, I decided to just switch to Clover. After a few tries, I got the UEFI boot to work on my USB stick! Really excited and would like to now "customize" Clover for full functionality. I am confused about a few configuration options:

1. Use patched DSDT from Chameleon?
The DSDT that works in Chameleon has patches for audio (for Realtek ALC269VB) and video (HD4000), so should I use the patched DSDT and turn off Graphics Injection? Right now the sound doesn't work because the necessary HDEF patch is missing, and my laptop LCD is not being recognized as such and therefore it doesn't have lighting control (the display is shown as a "spdisplays_display" in the About this Mac).

EDIT: I lied. Just rebooted and the laptop screen is off, and I can "Gather Windows" and get the other system preferences panels for the laptop screen, but no options to change the backlighting.

2. Processor (speeds/stepping).
This should be "easy" because my specs are very close to the latest Macbook Air 5,2 (I have the i7-3517U while the MBA has the i7-3667U), and ML seems to recognize my system as the MBA5,2 even though I don't have SMBios parameters in my config.plist (yay Clover!). However, although the system correctly recognizes the CPU as an i7, the processor speed is being shown as 2.4GHz when it should be 1.9GHz with 2.8GHz Turbo. How should I go about addressing this?

In this post, it seems that I should add the processor section in my DSDT--where do I find the values for my processor to put in the Scope (\_PR) section?

Also, it says I should drop OEM SSDT's and generate C and P states:

http://www.insanelym...2/#entry1853597

However, it seems to imply that I should still use some of the SSDT's from the Clover decoded ACPI tables in the /EFI/ACPI/origin folder because all OEMSSDT's will be dropped. How do I know which ones to use? Should I just put all of them (SSDT.aml to SSDT-6.aml) in? There are also all these other aml's. Should I put those in too? I enclose the orignal, unpatched aml files retrieved by Clover.

Also, in this post related to patching DSDT to get sleep/speedstep working:

http://www.insanelym...2/#entry1853603

I looked in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/

but did not see a MacBookAir5_2. The highest one I saw was MacBookAir4_2. I thought this would be in ML 10.8.2. Am I missing something?

3. iCloud and App Store.
Do I need to add a custom UUID somewhere? Right now I am getting the dreaded "unknown error" for the App store, and I would love to be able to figure out why--part of it may be because of not having a UUID?

4. USB 3.0
Right now a USB 3.0 external drive will show up under the 2.0 bus. What should I be looking at to get the USB 3.0 to work? DDST mask? I checked my settings in the firmware and XHCI is turned on.

5. Kexts injection
As this seems to be a game of constantly tweaking, I would like to take the kexts I put in /S/L/E and move them to the Clover USB stick for easier manipulation and have Clover inject them until I get to the point where I will put Clover on the hard drive. If I do the kext injection, should I bother to put the original kexts from the ML install back?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Several others on the forums with Zenbooks have expressed interest in using Clover, and I would love to be able to just get this to work and give them my settings.

I enclose DarwinDumper reports for the machine booted under Chameleon and Clover.

Attached Files

efy

efy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Men you break the head before ...install win and after try ... :wallbash:

I tried with externel disk in Windows legacy mode and it didn't work.

I installed Windows 8 again in UEFi mode. I can boot Windows 8 but not from Clover. WIndows 8 shows up in Clover but when I select it it starts booting for a second or two and then comes back to the Clover screen. I am able to boot Windows by selecting Windows Boot Manager from the BIOS menu but if bypasses Clover altogether. I also tried booting Windows via the shell but I get an error that I should repair my Windows installation.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,826 posts
Clover keeps looping back to its self when I click on the HDD for it to boot post install. What am I doing wrong?

tonydickinson

tonydickinson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 187 posts

I tried with externel disk in Windows legacy mode and it didn't work.

I installed Windows 8 again in UEFi mode. I can boot Windows 8 but not from Clover. WIndows 8 shows up in Clover but when I select it it starts booting for a second or two and then comes back to the Clover screen. I am able to boot Windows by selecting Windows Boot Manager from the BIOS menu but if bypasses Clover altogether. I also tried booting Windows via the shell but I get an error that I should repair my Windows installation.

I had this problem for days - UEFI Clover would not boot win8, but selection the F8 option it worked fine.

I discovered the problem was a bios setting. I am using an Asus Z77 Sabertooth MB with 1616 BIOS. I kept the boot options more or less default, just selecting the UEFI drive where Clover was loaded. I decided to set all the boot options to UEFI only, and Clover boots Windows 8 fine with these settings.

Good luck

cyf

cyf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Clover keeps looping back to its self when I click on the HDD for it to boot post install. What am I doing wrong?

Had that issue a while ago. I think it was related to not having the right drivers in the efi folder. Sorry, this was a week ago, during my first attempt--where I was even more clueless than I am now, so I can't be sure. Are booting UEFI?

BTW, very informative site. Will have to grab (yet another) cup of coffee and start reading.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootloader, EFI, Clover

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy