Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

@slice

They work great on my theme. Checkout page 20 of this thread. I have no issues with artifacts when the selection bar is highlighting something.

Install my newest theme version and see for yourself it's looks great in both Lo and hi res video modes since Clover UEFI r857

@ STLVNUB

CloverGrower 3.9 failed to build.

Is it me doing sth wrong ?

Last login: Thu Nov 15 17:54:57 on ttys001
xabbus-imac:~ Xabbu$ /Volumes/MEDIA/MY-HACK/Tools/CloverGrowerV3.9/CloverGrower.command ; exit;
Running CloverGrower.command
Will Create link:
to
/Volumes/MEDIA/MY-HACK/Tools/CloverGrowerV3.9/CloverGrower.command
in
/usr/local/bin/clover ??
You can THEN 'run' CloverGrower.command by typing 'clover' 
Highly recommended
Press 'c' to 'CREATE' link
Or Press >RETURN/ENTER< to 'quit'
c
Password:
sudo ln -s /Volumes/MEDIA/MY-HACK/Tools/CloverGrowerV3.9/CloverGrower.command /usr/local/bin/clover && sudo chown -R Xabbu:80 /usr/local/bin/clover

*			 Good Afternoon			   *
*	  Welcome  To CloverGrower V3.9	   *
*	    This script by STLVNUB		    *
* Clover Credits: Slice, dmazar and others *
running 'CloverGrower.command' on 'Lion'
Entering function getSOURCE:
 Make src Folder..
 Entering function getFILE:
   ERROR:
	  Local edk2 Folder Not Found..
   Making Local edk2 Folder...
   Checking out Remote edk2:
			    Revision: 13947
   svn co https://edk2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/edk2/trunk/edk2
/Volumes/MEDIA/MY-HACK/Tools/CloverGrowerV3.9/src/edk2/IntelFrameworkModulePkg/Include/Library/GenericBdsLib.h:239:7: [color=#ff0000]error: unknown type name[/color] 'EFI_BOOT_MODE'
make: *** [/Volumes/MEDIA/MY-HACK/Tools/CloverGrowerV3.9/src/edk2/Build/rEFIt/RELEASE_GCC47/X64/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit64/OUTPUT/EfiLib/BmLib.obj] Error 1

[color=#ff0000]build.py...
: error 7000: Failed to execute command
make tbuild [/Volumes/MEDIA/MY-HACK/Tools/CloverGrowerV3.9/src/edk2/Build/rEFIt/RELEASE_GCC47/X64/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit64][/color]

[color=#ff0000]build.py...
: error F002: Failed to build module
/Volumes/MEDIA/MY-HACK/Tools/CloverGrowerV3.9/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit64.inf [X64, GCC47, RELEASE][/color]
[color=#ff0000]- Failed -[/color]
Build end time: 17:59:53, Nov.15 2012
Build total time: 00:00:04
logout
[Prozess beendet]

strong>ression.gif

@Slice ...what is this error

Nov 14 12:25:24 Mac-Pro-di-carmine kernel[0]: NTFS-fs error (device /dev/disk1s1, pid 39): ntfs_restart_page_header_is_valid(): $LogFile version 2.0 is not supported. (This driver supports version 1.1 only.)

Nov 14 12:25:24 Mac-Pro-di-carmine kernel[0]: NTFS-fs error (device /dev/disk1s1, pid 39): ntfs_restart_page_header_is_valid(): $LogFile version 2.0 is not supported. (This driver supports version 1.1 only.)DSMOS has arrived

Nov 14 12:25:24 Mac-Pro-di-carmine kernel[0]: NTFS-fs error (device /dev/disk1s1, pid 39): ntfs_logfile_check(): Did not find any restart pages in $LogFile and it was not empty.

Nov 14 12:25:24 Mac-Pro-di-carmine kernel[0]: NTFS-fs warning (device /dev/disk1s1, pid 39): ntfs_system_inodes_get(): $LogFile is not clean. Will not be able to remount read-write. Mount in Windows.

Nov 14 12:25:24 Mac-Pro-di-carmine kernel[0]: NTFS-fs warning (device /dev/disk1s1, pid 39): ntfs_system_inodes_get(): Windows is hibernated. Will not be able to remount read-write. Run chkdsk.

This happens happens when Windows has been an error in the NTFS File system, that is to say, for example, when you turn off the computer after a hard reset. This also happens in OSX, but since it is not able to repair Microsoft File system, he reports this.

EDIT

Sorry, log file is not recognized, .......I was wrong to speak

Windows 8 help

@Slice, I have problems starting Windows 8 with Clover in UEFI mode, there are some tricks to make?

My UEFI bios InsydeH20 not allow me to change the default hard drive to boot (the sequence...), during the boot he stops at a certain point......

Suggestions would be nice

Micky

These things happen from time to time, depending on error, sometimes it is matter of fixing it, i.e edit source file the error points to.

These errors usually gets fixed in next Clover update.

CloverGrower only builds successfully IF the source code is error free.

Wait for fix in Clover.

Thanks for explanation. :thumbsup_anim:

Great job,Mrengles.

But,it is better if there were a transparent-background font. :wink2:

That won't work unfortunately. I've tried using a transparent background when testing these, and the font doesn't show at all in the Clover (reFIT) main menu. Its the way Clover or reFIT handles bitmap, pixel, or picture fonts (what ever you want to call them).

Its very easy to make a font with Blackosx Template, and use can just change the font background to the color of your theme background.

If you want to use anti-aliased fonts, the selection bar color needs to be darker then your themes background image or logo images first pixel. Its also a good idea to match the fonts background with the theme background like I stated earlier.

Good luck, post your fonts if you make some new ones.

-Mrengles

Edited by mrengles

Sorry but even if it worked great with Windows 7, seems that Windows 8 really wants to be the active partition in order to work with "Fast Startup". If it is active, then shutting down system doesn't shutdown. Maybe the fdisk440 workaround doesn't work with the new Microsoft OS :(

@kyndder

I just found out that Gigabyte had released an official UEFI firmware for your motherboard!!!

Good luck! :)

http://forums.tweakt...html#post441174

Nice!

They really released....

But at Gigabyte's site I see Ua5 > http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4018#bios

Tweaktown U1d > http://forums.tweakt...html#post441174

Anyway, I think that I will bet my coins again... :2cents:

I'll restore my BIOS F11 backup and make the utility flash... Stay tuned!

Hi, I don't believe that this is just my 2nd post in this forum.

Thanks to Slice and teammates who come out with this great bootloader. Congratulation...

I don't have much problems using Clover at least for my Vostro. It just finely works. I got one question regarding animations setting in refit.conf. I'm trying to make a new logo in my own theme that rotates in every second to follow boot timing. I would like to make clover leaf as a spinning wheel and it has only 4 frames. As 1 sec = 1000ms, it should be something like this;

anime 1 FolderName 4 1000

However, I notice with 1000ms, it's a bit faster than the boot timing. I have to make it 1025ms to achieve what I need. Is it normal? or something may not right with my CPU?

However, I notice with 1000ms, it's a bit faster than the boot timing. I have to make it 1025ms to achieve what I need. Is it normal? or something may not right with my CPU?

I do not know if it is normal, but please share that theme ASAP - it looks great!

I do not know if it is normal, but please share that theme ASAP - it looks great!

Thanks dmazar for your reply, you've already seen it...And for sure you may have a look and test it. It has 2 files for tile background (Linen_bluemac as default and Dot_bluemac).

ft.jpg

Note: I replace DriveIcons with blank transparent files to hide all the badges. Still looking something different than regular icons for volumes. Maybe I'll update later. I also use PTMono font (I think it was created by BlackOSX) that has been reduced its lightness.

------

EDIT: Sorry guys, I've to delete the file. Just realized that img2icns (free unregistered app) expands icon size from 128px to 512px. I'll update ASAP with few more OS icons, and try reducing its weight.

------

EDIT2: Check the update at post #497 :star_sunglasses:

• Like 6