Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Be sure that Find and Replace must be in <data>...</data>

Thanks a million Slice and solstice, got it working now, on older clover it works with string, and 3259 with data  :thumbsup_anim: 

@fantomas1, with replaced file i mean "CLOVERX64.efi" file ver 3113, but now it works with 3259

• Like 1

yes

example above is from ElCapitan

I have an another partition with 10.8.5…if I try to patch my kexts with 10.8.5, I have to change AMDRadeonX3000 to AMDRadeonAccelerator.

@wern apfel

share your config.plist, please   ^_^

thank you for clarification ... I feel reassured to know that it works for someone else   :D   ;)

I'll do more tests

Now that Clover can inject FakeSMC.kext with El Capitan can we use the createinstallmedia method for making our bootable USB or do we still need to restore InstallESD.dmg and extract Kernel...?

Thanks -Robert

fantomas, I'm on my phone right now and thus can't check stuff, though might your issue be about endianness?

ok, you got it, DF    :thumbsup_anim:

r2850

0x68B81002 --> 0x68BA1002

r3259

68B81002 --> 68BA1002

my fault   :wallbash:  :bag:

but unfortunately I'm not able to get it work without FakeSMC trick   :(

any idea?

anyway, thank you, slice and also solstice…. and you too, DF   :D   ;)

• Like 1

Now that Clover can inject FakeSMC.kext with El Capitan can we use the createinstallmedia method for making our bootable USB or do we still need to restore InstallESD.dmg and extract Kernel...?

Thanks -Robert

For as far as I'm concerned, all you need to do is update Clover and use your preferred method to create the installer USB. I never used createinstallmedia. Not sure it works, so I can't really confirm. I used the restore function of the Disk Utility to create a new installer. Right now, since I already got an USB installer of El Capitan PB1, basically all I need to do is just update the Clover version on the USB drive and maybe update the OS to include the latest patches (until PB4 that is).

So, I don't think there is a matter of one method versus the other. Since the difference is in the bootloader. So, keep the method, and upgrade the bootloader. At least that's what I would do.

For as far as I'm concerned, all you need to do is update Clover and use your preferred method to create the installer USB. I never used createinstallmedia. Not sure it works, so I can't really confirm. I used the restore function of the Disk Utility to create a new installer. Right now, since I already got an USB installer of El Capitan PB1, basically all I need to do is just update the Clover version on the USB drive and maybe update the OS to include the latest patches (until PB4 that is).

So, I don't think there is a matter of one method versus the other. Since the difference is in the bootloader. So, keep the method, and upgrade the bootloader. At least that's what I would do.

Thanks... I'll give it a go tonight and report back if createinstallmedia works out.

SIP is still required to be disabled for patching AppleHDA but can be re-enabled once its done.

What if we have on the fly patching like Toleda's Binary patching done in clover which also needs a kext as well in /EFI/clover/kexts.  Do we have to disable SIP on every boot to use clover to binary patch?  The patching is done on every boot so the original AppleHDA.kext is still vanilla.

anyone? :(

I would also like to know the answer to this.  I believe there is a new option in Clover Boot section for Nvidia that will inject for you.  I forgot the name but a couple new nv_injects options are in boot section one for the dark screen issue I believe?

Try this:

nv_spanmodepolicy=1

That should take care of it unless that is not for the GPU device Control Policy?

What if we have on the fly patching like Toleda's Binary patching done in clover which also needs a kext as well in /EFI/clover/kexts.  Do we have to disable SIP on every boot to use clover to binary patch?  The patching is done on every boot so the original AppleHDA.kext is still vanilla.

I would also like to know the answer to this.  I believe there is a new option in Clover Boot section for Nvidia that will inject for you.  I forgot the name but a couple new nv_injects options are in boot section one for the dark screen issue I believe?

Try this:

nv_spanmodepolicy=1

That should take care of it unless that is not for the GPU device Control Policy?

I'm using Toleda's Clover patch (script version d is what I used). And it's working brilliantly. Even with SIP enabled.

I don't know about the GPU related question though. Sorry.

• Like 1

I updated Clover to rev.3259 and turned Debug option on.

I found KEXT patching's InfoPlistPatch only worked when Find and Replace's type is Data.

And InfoPlistPatch's debug message had something strange with following picture.

post-35058-0-14103900-1439925289_thumb.jpg

is InfoPlistPatch working on the latest versions? i am on 3261...  not working for me in 2 cases. one i want to change device IDs in kexts Info.plist to match my hardware.

i tried kext patch InfoPlistPatch on 2 different machines. and it does not work for me.... with kernel patch Debug on,  i get output on the screen what shows the right find/replace strings (sort of)

But i get the same weird strings appended to what i want find/replace like Eps above... but mine says not patched! 

want to patch AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri to use series 6 IMEI .... so -> need to replace 1E3A8086 with 1C3A8086 - so now with <data> <data> 

I convert 1E3A8086 to hex and let plist editor encode it right? So the 8 bytes are 3145334138303836 and then i replace with another 8?

this used to work... not sure when it stopped!?

is InfoPlistPatch working on the latest versions? i am on 3261...  not working for me in 2 cases. one i want to change device IDs in kexts Info.plist to match my hardware.

i tried kext patch InfoPlistPatch on 2 different machines. and it does not work for me.... with kernel patch Debug on,  i get output on the screen what shows the right find/replace strings (sort of)

But i get the same weird strings appended to what i want find/replace like Eps above... but mine says not patched! 

want to patch AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri to use series 6 IMEI .... so -> need to replace 1E3A8086 with 1C3A8086 - so now with  

I convert 1E3A8086 to hex and let plist editor encode it right? So the 8 bytes are 3145334138303836 and then i replace with another 8?

this used to work... not sure when it stopped!?

No, do not encode/decode/hex/decimal. This is string. Info.plist is a text.

To patch info.plist you should set encoded as Mime64. This performed by PlistEditor. Just switch string->data.

Hi Slice 

Do you know what is this error  Clover GrowerPro on El Capitan Public 

Mavericks / Yosemite no problèmes  :D

thanks

183.png

May be SIP? Remember, SIP affected not only kexts.

No, do not encode/decode/hex/decimal. This is string. Info.plist is a text.

To patch info.plist you should set <data> encoded as Mime64. This performed by PlistEditor. Just switch string->data.

May be SIP? Remember, SIP affected not only kexts.

This is my sip 

Is that to mutch ?

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>