[Guide] ML Install Guide for Lenovo G580

alberto122509

65 posts in this topic

In the beginning I had a problem with a USB key, it was a Lexar USB 3.0 key but I can't remember the exact error it gave to me.

I then tried with a Kingston USB 2.0 and then the setup worked, I don't know it it's your problem but I don't know what else you can try.

Just my two cents

Ive used a 8 gb, 32gb , 16gb kingston and Sandisk Cruzer, all 2.0, no dice.

My G580 shows 60% battery and the AC Adapter stop charging.....

Any one had the same issue?

Under windows you can activate the battery protection mode that charges till 60% to minimize the battery wear.

To disable this, under windows, open the Lenovo Energy Management with double click (bottom right, where you can choose the PC speed, car, bike....).

In the bottom right corner of the window of the lenovo eneregy management there is a battery icon, by clicking it you can choose from battery protection and full charge.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Under windows you can activate the battery protection mode that charges till 60% to minimize the battery wear.

To disable this, under windows, open the Lenovo Energy Management with double click (bottom right, where you can choose the PC speed, car, bike....).

In the bottom right corner of the window of the lenovo eneregy management there is a battery icon, by clicking it you can choose from battery protection and full charge.

Hope this helps

Thanks! I drained the battery to 2% yesterday and recharge from that point. When I came back home last night, the battery shows 100%.. Problem solved.

Now. I have another issue. The mic record volume is very low. I try to change the voodoohda settings but nothing works.

Update, Mic low volume problem.

Removed the old 2.72 voodoohda and install 2.73. and change MIDI setup, lower the mic format.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I have installed many os's in my day, but never an osx. I have the g580 20157 And I can not even start to install anything!. This is my first windows 8 computer, and I have been reading about the difficulties of installing different os's on them. But obviously you guys didn't have an issue.

I got to the bios and switched everything I needed, made the cd drive the first to boot and I reset with saving and then all that happens is the boot menu pops up. I select the cd drive and the screen goes black... and then the boot selection pops up again! I am using #####. But I thought maybe it was just a bad burn. So then I tossed in a win7 cd, Nothing! same with xp. I have no idea what is going on :wallbash: I would greatly appreciate any help I can get :help:

Also has anyone had the issue of the laptop not restarting and getting stuck in a boot loop, not even turning on the display?!?! I am thinking my motherboard or CPU might be going(which sucsk cause I have only had this laptop for 5 months!) This might be what's stopping me from booting to a cd.... maybe.

Ok the Wi-fi wasn't able to view the N-networks (only g)

I used that kext via kext wizard and repaired permissions with kext utility:

http://www.mediafire...z0xax8qvytefyoq

Works with all types of network

Anyone else can confirm that WIFI is working? I tried to install that kext, but nothing.

PS: I have G580 2189 with BCM94313 card

EDIT-2:

Now all USB ports are working with USB 2.0 devices. Just cut the IOUSBFamily.kext from /S/L/E to desktop. Open with "Show Package Contents"

and delete xhci kext from plugins. Install this modified kext with Kext Wizard and rebuild kernel cache.

I installed 10.8.3 on a G580 2189. Tried to edit IOUSBFamily.kext, but nothing. I always need USBBusFix = Yes in order to use the 2 usb3 ports. The usb2 (on the right) never works. Any suggest?

Hello, i have purchased this laptop, and used this guide. It worked for the most part. Now i've got a couple of issues.

In order to use any of the usb ports, i must use the flag "USBLegacyOff=Yes" when booting. How can i make it so i dont have to do this everytime?

The camera doesnt work, but it does OOB for most of you guys im guessing.

I did all of the post installation procedures, but it doesnt restart, it just comes to an error screen.

sound does not work

thats all i have noticed so far. I figured maybe i did something wrong, so i am starting over again, it is installing on my laptop as i type this.

BTW, im guessing im having these issues because my laptop is a lenovo g580, but its model 20150, it may be slightly different, but everything its mostly the same.

thank in advance!

I finally installed 10.8.3->10.8.4 on G580 (2189). Everything works (Lan, BT, HD4000, trackpad, keyb, sleep/resume, all 3 x USB - only in usb2 mode, audio, brightness control), except:

- Wifi (I'm using a usb adapter)

- Card reader (doesn't matter)

- Trackpad - It works ok! But, after sleep->resume it doesn't

Anyone knows how to fix trackpad after resume? I'm using PS2 kext from ##### 5.3.1. I tried with other kext, but nothing...

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally had the time to sit down and work on my wife's Lenovo G580 20150. After a weekend of work(literally) I have a almost completely working hackintosh G580, even the wifi since the 20150 has the atheros ar9285. The only thing that is not working is the camera and the USB ports will not detect a flash drive. I changed out the IOUSBFamily kext at the beginning and I have a feeling that has something to do with it. If I hook up a usb mouse or keyboard they work perfectly, so any ideas??

EDIT: using USBBusFix=Yes flag the camera works and the usb ports work fine with usb KB and mouse, but still will not work with a USB flash drive even with the boot flag.

Well, I finally had the time to sit down and work on my wife's Lenovo G580 20150. After a weekend of work(literally) I have a almost completely working hackintosh G580, even the wifi since the 20150 has the atheros ar9285. The only thing that is not working is the camera and the USB ports will not detect a flash drive. I changed out the IOUSBFamily kext at the beginning and I have a feeling that has something to do with it. If I hook up a usb mouse or keyboard they work perfectly, so any ideas??

EDIT: using USBBusFix=Yes flag the camera works and the usb ports work fine with usb KB and mouse, but still will not work with a USB flash drive even with the boot flag.

for me the only thing that worked for usb and camera was USBLegacyOff=Yes

• 10 months later...

For fully functional system, you may use the files from my host [i've modfied the latest kext available and created a config file for CLOVER]

The installation method is simple: just copy > paste [do not use other kexts, DSDT file or anything else than the ones from my site]

- everything should work, including sleep, power management, graphics, audio with mic, etc

- keyboard shortcut all works [i've disabled for now Fn+ Up/Down for brightness until I'll make a proper fix but you can use ContextMenu+ Up/Down]

- set the bios to use only the integrated graphics, and to legacy support with legacy first

- the CLOVER folder as /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/

- the kexts goes to System/Library/Extensions/

- any information about the system is present in the dump folder

- wireless card is changed to AR5B195 and rebranded using Windows 7 to make it present as whitelisted

Lenovo G580 20157, i5, 8gb ram, hd4000

http://vladichimescu.me/consultant/LenovoG580/project/

Check the _changes.txt file to keep up with the updates [if there's none, that means I'm working on it]

// you may set the FastBoot to false in config if you have dual boot